Chart House Restaurant - Newport Beach
2801 Coast Highway, West
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9495485889
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm (Bar opens 1/2 hour before dinner)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Carlos Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chart House offers superb banquet facilities with spectacular harbor views for up to 42 guests on our outside patio, available for private luncheons, corporate dining, awards banquets & weddings. Private dining is offered Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 3:00pm for up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Kelsoe 9495485889
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Newport Beach
Facing Newport Bay, Chart House offers unrivaled sunset & water views. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 30 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties such as macadamia crusted mahi to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, New Wave Surf & Turf & our mouth-watering steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and irresistible desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Almost PerfectionOpenmouthDined on 5/25/2013First off, so your not suprised, is that there is Valet parking only. Nice views of the Newport Harbor. Ordered the Filet Mignon and was cooked to perfection on both my wifes and mine who like it 2 different ways. Garlic mashed potatoes were good. Only downside is that the meal does not come with a vegetable. You can order a salad but that is an extra cost. Really, throw a vegetable on the plate and add to the price. You must try the Lava Cake, it was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad disappointmentMLevoyDined on 5/22/2013I have been to the Malibu Chart House location so I sought out the Newport beach location expecting the same amazing food and ambiance. It was nothing of the sort. We started with a calamari and friends appetizer that was an interesting take on the traditional but poorly presented. Our main courses though were the real disappointment. I ordered a filet medium rare and it seemed to be cooked right but the steak was still really dry. I have never experienced this before, I don't know if the quality of the meat or the lack of freshness. It came with yucan gold mashed potatos which in my opinion should be taken off the menu asap. My boyfriend ordered the surf and turf and said his meal was mediocre at best.
- The food was not the bestgdeatsDined on 5/18/2013The food was not the best taste wise and for the price. the chopped salad for $7.00 was horrible, the beef mediallons,mash potatoes were cold and the 4 little shrimp were a big disappointment. Dont think I will be back again.Special Features:
- Not so great for large groupsluv2eatDined on 5/18/2013The server did an acceptable job considering he was very busy, however the food for our party of 14 came out at different times where less than half the table received their food and the other half of the party did not receive their food for another 10 minutes. One of the appetizers came out wrong and one of my guests had to ask for her salad and it was delivered when everyone else had already finished their salad. I used to frequent this restaurant with my fiance often and received service that was either in excellence or extremely disappointing. If it weren't for the excellent salad bar and outside scenary, I would not return.Special Features:
- Chart House Newport Bch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013I was Mothers Day evening, we were seated in a timely manner, the staff was friendly & offered recommendations. Unfortunately, our server forgot two of our drink orders and they appeared on the bill. On one of the entrees, the asparagus was not prepared properly and they left the hard, stringy outside on so it was difficult to chew. The portions were small for the prices. The lava fudge cake dessert was good and very rich. Overall, it was an okay experience.Special Features:
- Great Experience All Around!ghawker49Dined on 5/12/2013The Chart House went out of it's way to make a last minute change to our reservation, from a party of 3 to a party of 5. No problems. The table was ready right on time, the server was excellent, the food was flavorful, generous and well presented. All dishes were exactly as promised. Next time we are in the area, it is the Chart House for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Terrible food, service & overall atmosphere. I was expecting a nice dining experience. It's not.
- Terrific Birthday celebration!Jacquie1959VIPDined on 4/24/2013Great time, excellent service, food & nice view of the bay.Special Features:
- Delightful...good food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Delightful...good food, great view, excellent service
- DisappointedmauimaliaDined on 4/21/2013The restaurant wasn't very busy, which made the slow service very frustrating. Three people ordered slow cooked beef loin and none of them enjoyed it. No one liked the burgundy demi glaze sauce. This meal was part of a $29 dinner special. Teenagers had little choice in food. I had to ask to refill iced tea over three times. Same thing with coffee. While ambience was nice, service was slow. Portion size was small, yet prices were expensive. We have gone to the Chart House all over the place for years and we feel that the restaurant isn't as special as it once was. Not in a hurry to return and we use a Landry's card.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013Recently, I had an out of town business associate who was looking for good seafood, on the bay. We had an excellent window seat, the service could not have been better or more helpful, and the food outstanding. I had my favorite, the prime rib, my associate the evening special, fresh Halibut. Nice touch that the chef came by to check on our meal. A long time favorite.Special Features:
- mixed drinks were weak, claimOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013mixed drinks were weak, claim chowder had very odd spice, veggies were soggy out of a warmer and the fish was not select and tasty for white sea bass.Server was excellent. We will never return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2013Food was excellent, we were a party of 4. Two of us got beef and two got seafood. Both were excellent. The service was outstanding. Sean was our waiter, very attentive, knowledgeable and professional. The dessert, chocolate lava cake, equally outstanding. Overall a very enjoyable evening, even for our dog who was welcomed at an outside table and very well behaved.Special Features:
- My family and I go to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013My family and I go to the Chart House in Newport Beach every year for Easter. It's been our 6 year tradition and they never disappoint us! We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Excellent all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Excellent all the way around except don't expect to park your motorcycle in the parking lot.Special Features:
- You Have Done Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013The food was not so good this time, we were a little disappointed. The drinks from the bar were terrible. We have been going to the Chart House for several years now and have always enjoyed the food and the people who work there. I sense a change in the restaurant that is not for the good.Special Features:
- Good food, ok service.MikeVIPDined on 3/23/2013Good food, but service was only ok. Waiter took a long time to come over and take our order. Food took a very long time to come out. When we got the bill, we noticed our dessert was free, probably for the long wait to get our food, but the waiter didn't even bother telling us they were doing that.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013They went out of there way to make are anniversary very special!!!!Special Features:
- Too bad they closed!JanaeVIPDined on 3/5/2013Chart House Newport was a great casual dinner restaurant in a fabulous harbor side location. They had a diverse menu, paired with a terrific salad bar. They were always packed with people (the only downside). Too bad they closed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay, not horrible butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Just okay, not horrible but not fantastic either. Friendly service.Special Features:
- 5 Stars!NancieDined on 2/20/2013Fab meal; fab service. The hostess (didn't get her name!!) was most outstanding!Special Features:
- My friends and I had a fantasticdot2dot3Dined on 2/16/2013My friends and I had a fantastic dinner at the Chart House! Thank you so much for the great food and service!Special Features:
- Our server was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Our server was very friendly and on top of all that we needed or desired. Only a minor concern, the couple next to us was loud. We had a great experience.Special Features:
- Ordered Prime Rib...med-rare...gotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Ordered Prime Rib...med-rare...got meat that was so rare that it was about to moo at me! Ordered mixed drinks at the bar before dinner.....very easy on the booze...could hardly taste it! Not a place I would want to return to any time soon!
- Very Disapponted!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013I was so disappointed by my recent dinner at the Newport Beach Chart House. I suggested we go there based on many previous wonderful dinners there a few years ago. With so many wonderful restaurant choices we decided that we will not return. The speaker for their music was right over our table and the music was blaring. We asked that it be turned down, which they accommodated. The service was VERY slow! We all felt the food quality was poor. My husbands Salmon was dry and overcooked. My shrimp sampler was average. Our friends said the steaks weren't very good and the salad bar was very disappointing. Not the presentation and selection I remember. For a pricey dinner on the bay, go elsewhere!
- The waitress was especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013The waitress was especially attentive...after filling a drink order for " a little wine and a lot of club soda" she told us at the end that she was just going to charge us for club soda as there was so little wine! So sweet .
- We had a wonderful ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had a wonderful Valentines Day dinner at the Chart House. Tony our waiter was soo professional and courteous.The food and atmosphere was great. We love dining here.Special Features:
- The location is perfect andRomanticDined on 2/14/2013The location is perfect and the food outstanding. The fish was cooked perfectly. Our waitress (server), Dana, was attentative and very personable. It was a perfect evening for a Valentine's Day dinner.Special Features:
- Caught it on a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I think we caught The Charthouse on a tough night for them--Valentine's Day. Although we had a reservation, we stood and waited for our table for 20 minutes. Our server seemed unhappy and always in a rush. The food--overpriced for sure. My salmon was undercooked although the flavor was nice. Who tempura fries beautiful, fresh asparagus and mushrooms? Yuck. Plain white sticky rice with no flavoring added to the "blah" factor of my dish. I usually finish everything on my plate at a nice restaurant like this, but I didn't really like anything this time. I ate the salmon on my husband's surf and turf plate and enjoyed the salad bar. Basically, very overpriced and nothing to write home about. Sorry!Special Features:
- I was truly surprised to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I was truly surprised to have such an elegant and romantic dining experience with my significant one. We will definitely return and recommend it to our friends and family. Ruben Q.Special Features:
- The food and ambiance wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food and ambiance were excellent. Our server was one of the best I have ever had. I expected to be rushed since it was Valentine's Day, but she gave us our space and let us take our time. First time I had been at this Chart House and truly enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it for a nice dinner out. And if you are looking for an appetizer, try the East meets West, it was amazing.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/13/2013Stopped by here on my way home for Easter with my GF. The marina view was nice and the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally over-priced forcwrjrDined on 2/10/2013Generally over-priced for the quality of food realtive to other restaurants in the Newport Beach market. Very quiet the night we were there. The food is good, somewhat predictable as it's a chain, but over-priced. Decor in this location seemed somewhat dated and the bar was empty.Special Features:
- Good food but not outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Good food but not outstanding. Nice view of Newport Harbor if you get a spot near the windows. The service was friendly and attentive. A very extensive menu - something for anyone.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/26/2013Great food, excellent service, things have really improved. Used to go there years ago,but the menu was tired as was the decor. Food is great, imaginative and decor has really improved. Extremely enjoyable.. Service was excellent all the way around, from the hostess stand all the way through. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- We came here for restaurantRebeccaUDined on 1/26/2013We came here for restaurant week and LOVED our selections. We tried the shrimp and crab dip as well as the lobster spring rolls (the dip was our favorite). We also had the short ribs and macadamia nut crusted shrimp. Both were delicious! We finished off with the chocolate lava cake which was to die for! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food was just okay. Forbruingirl2VIPDined on 1/25/2013The food was just okay. For the price there are many other restaurants I would rather go to eat. The blackened salmon was tasty but overcooked. The baked tilapia was plain. The salad bar was nothing special. The molten lava chocolate cake was overbaked and had no molten lava.Special Features:
- Okay but don't go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Expensive for the quality if the food but the staff and ambience are excellent. Kind of nickel and dime with the menu. Everything is extra and they are strict with the substitutions. They used one of the desserts that came with one of the dinners as an impromptu birthday celebration for one of us. The food is like cafeteria food.
- I went here during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013I went here during restaurant week in Newport Beach. My date and I each ordered the 3 courses for $30 and had a bottle of Chardonnay. This setting gave us a nice opportunity to talk and the food was tasty. I enjoyed the Macadamia Nut Crusted Shrimp and would order it again. I liked the lobster spring rolls (4 were provided) and shrimp and crab dip. The Mini Lava cake met expectations but was not anything to write home about. As I already knew Chart House is a bit pricy but I certainly enjoy the restaurant when the occasion is right.Special Features:
- Service good only becausePCHcruiserDined on 1/23/2013Service good only because waitress forgot to turn in our order after our appetizers. Otherwise it was fine. Have also been there for lunch, great also.Special Features: