Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
444 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8313723362x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Noce
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private areas of the restaurant that easily accommodate groups of 15 to 50. All areas of the restaurant have fabulous views of the Monterey Bay! Available during the day for parties of 50 to 140 guests until 4:00pm Sunday thru Friday & until 3:30pm Saturdays & Sundays. The restaurant is available with limited availability for complete buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Marconi 8313723362x
- Cross Street: Drake Avenue
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a small private lot (complimentary) across the street from the restaurant for our guests. In addition, there is on-street parking available (metered) at the cost of $1.00 per hour. After 8:00pm street parking is complimentary. Diagonally across from the restaurant (north) there is a public lot with fluctuating rates.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
A longtime favorite on Cannery Row, Chart House offers panoramic views of Monterey Bay & the city lights beyond. Watch the abundant sea life while relaxing at your table. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Yellowfin Ahi, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Be sure to join us for a fantastic happy hour, with appetizers starting at $4.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey - Best Restaurants in Monterey ›
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (255)special occasion (209)romantic (178)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (63)good for groups (49)hot spot (35)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great food, awesome servicednn21Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter we had was amazing! Very personable. Awesome food and drinks. My sister's bachelorette dinner was a huge success, they even personalized menus for us.Special Features:
- AmazingfeedmeDined on 9/27/2014We had such a wonderful night at the Chart House! The food was to die for and the staff was very accommodating. I will definitely be returning here on our next trip to Monterey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmospheretetchanDined on 9/27/2014Comfortable food and Fantastic location. Your staff has quite good courtesy. Thanks for the consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad BarOceanGirlDined on 9/26/2014Overall, I appreciate all aspects of your restaurant, food and service. However, there were a couple of things I didn't like. One was that the door to the plate refrigerator was broken. Twice we've had the salad with our meals and twice the knobs on the door were not attached properly. Also, I had to wait to be noticed by your staff (not long, but still I had to wait) so I could request a small cup for my salad dressing since I don't usually put dressing directly on my salad. It is bothersome to wait and it would be nice to be able to grab one at will, since I am preparing my own salad. Other than those two things, everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 9/26/2014Good variety of choices and, as always, the food was delicious. Mom had the salad bar as her entree choice and was very satisfied. Dad had tilapia and I had an end cut of prime rib - both great choices. Our reservations were early (6:30) but even as the restaurant filled, our waitress was still able to attend to us in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, wonderful detailzeroneroVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful attention to detail. My wife and I ate here for our anniversary. They set us up with personalized menus, flowers, and luckily we had a window table which was spectacular! Thank you thank you! Gluten free menus are nice too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulzeroneroVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I ate here Tuesday night and had excellent service and the food was so great! We are coming back Thursday night to celebrate our anniversary, it was that good from the view, service, And the food is awesome! Gluten free menu is nice and has plenty of options. The prime rib and short ribs were both great. The shrimp cocktail is super fresh, the horseradish has a nice kick to it. The creme brûlée is delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014What was once a very nice dining experience has migrated to a good happy hour experience for early dinner on a budget and not the wonderful diner experience we once enjoyed with expert service at all Chart House locations around the US.Special Features:
- Good, but not gooddnscmcdDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I rarely get a night out to ourselves, so we were looking forward to a nice dinner for 2. The food was good, not over the top. We both had the NY Steak. $200 bill with drinks, appetizer and dessert. However, we were seated in a bench seat along a wall meant for group seating. So it felt as if we were eating with the family next to us. Not ok. All we could really hear was our neighbors conversation. Very hard to enjoy each others company. You definitely want to request an ocean view seat, or at least make sure you're not dining with your neighbor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Year Anniversarybjay1982Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated our 5 year with a small group of friends/family. Had a nice half booth near the end of the restaurant, which gave us just the right amount of "quiet" so the table could hold a couple conversations. Service was a little slower than I prefer, but everything came out excellent. Bonus points for printing "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs..." on the menu, nice touch! Quote my 86 yr old grandmother "the restrooms were disgusting", and she said she notified the hostess on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain resturarant...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Poor service and even poorer knowledge of food. Bar tender was rude and we never got our drink. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- always niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We go at least six-eight times a year & it is always nice. Good food & service. The view - fabulous!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningromanticdinnerDined on 9/19/2014Highly recommend reservations through "open table". By doing so, and having a Landry Member card for the Chart House we were treated as VIP Guest. We were given a corner table with a 180 degree view of the ocean, a personalized menu, and superb service. The salmon at the Chart House was exquisite! We also received $25 discount for a birthday perq by having the Landry membership (which is through the Chart House). 5 stars for this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The service was sub standard from the time we walked into the restaurant. Right hand didn't know what left hand was doing. Brought the wrong bottle of wine which I had to call the server over to ask why we still hadn't received our wine - 20 minutes later. The food was good but I would not return.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryMommyMoDined on 9/13/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner and especially loved the personalized menus - nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food temperatureLewismomDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the filet. It was great tasting I just felt that all the food was luke warm. The potatoes had a slight crust on the outside like they had been sitting for a little. I know it would have been excellent had the food been up to temperature and served as soon as it was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence exhibitedChandaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been to Chart House different location! This one provided sterling service! The ambiance was wonderful! I think when one gets superior service everything tastes delectable under cozy and scenic ambiance! Our server, Brandon, was just wonderful! They take care of every detail all the time the staff is vigilant and supervising every table to see everything is perfect! We devoured Chilli Prawns, Salad, Steak, and Mahi Mahi! All were good! The crime Brulee and Mud Pie so scrumptious! Stellar setting and service great neighborhood gem :)Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We chose this resturant as it looked like the perfect place to celebrate my hubby's 50th birthday during our holiday from the uk. It didn't disappoint the food was amazing and the staff so attentive. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Romantic Date NightKparsoDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and I thought it would be nice to try something new. The lighting was romantic and warm. The server was very attentive and checked in with us the right amount of times and was very pleasant. The food was spectacular! I have some food allergies and they were able to accommodate my requests. We had the crab cake for an appetizer. We loved it! For dinner I ordered the Cobb salad (on the gluten free menu) and it was AWESOME! My husband ordered the scallops and he was very impressed and told me they were the best he has had. For dessert we shared the chocolate volcano brownie that was right on par with the rest of the meal. This is a must try!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSteveDined on 9/10/2014Great restaurant with a beautiful interior. Our hors d'oeuvres came quickly and they were great. Then we waited 40+ min for our main dishes. They were barely worm. So not so good. you may need to manage the slow service. Staff friendly etc....Special Features:
- A Must when in Montereyhard2pleaseDined on 9/8/2014From reception, to coctails at the bar, to seating by the Monterey Bay window table, the ChartHouse is a must stop, when in Monterey.Special Features:
- Pretty Good but should be flawle$$BringmethegoodwineVIPDined on 9/7/2014one terrific meal and one mediocre. Grilled sea bass was a thin dry and tasteless piece of fish. I have never seen such a thin sea bass filet! The waiter had been attentive all evening but ignored the 2/3 left on the plate and didn't ask how dinner was. Fail.Special Features:
- Great FoodKTSFDined on 9/6/2014The food was to die for! We had the artichoke to start and we shared the filet and the seared ahi. The sauce with the ahi was amazing! The staff was very nice and our cocktails were delicious. I would highly recommend going here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I was completely surprised (in a great way) how the restaurant went above and beyond my expectations for my mom's birthday dinner!! They made special menus for us and gave her a dessert (the mud pie) with a candle!! I've never had a restaurant treat me and my family this way before and I will certainly recommend the restaurant to all of my family and friends for when they are visiting Monterey! We've been there before just have dinner but I will defintely go back for any and all birthdays in my family and friends in the future!!Special Features:
- perfect night outmrm69Dined on 9/5/2014Very good food & great view. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Poor Customer ServiceTorontoGalDined on 9/4/2014Dined here on Thursday September 4th, was a very special occasion as my boyfriend and I were visiting from Toronto, Canada and got engaged before dinner. Although the view was magnificent that was about all.. Found a bone in my mashed potatoes (with steak) and the managers only comment was how did that get there? (hmmm not quite sure I didn't make it)... Offered dessert however after finding the bone in my mouth I wasn't very hungry. I've worked in this industry for over 10 years and have never heard of someone finding something in their food and not being comped that meal (I barely ate half of if before giving it back)... Super disappointed and was hoping for way more based on the reviewsSpecial Features:
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Food is generally very good. Our sevice was not exceptional but still good.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening55ProStreetDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at the Chart House many times, but this time it was extra special. The VIP treatment as a Landry Card holder was special.Special Features:
- GoodEveningwallbangerDined on 9/2/2014What a very nice night, good view, good food, great drinks, and the. Salad bar knocked it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view and tasty mealdatenightDined on 8/31/2014Chart House is a dining experience that is worth it just for the view alone. The good thing is that the food does not disappoint! We went with friends and enjoyed a variety of fish options, but if you don't like fish, they do serve steak and pasta dishes too. The wine list had a variety to choose from. Since we were in Monterey County, I would suggest a wine from a local vintner to get a sense of the local style.Special Features:
- Not what it once wasJDbartenderDined on 8/31/2014I used to absolutely love chart house! It was one of my families favorite restaurants. Lately though service has slipped and food quality isn't what it once was. Still try it for your self. The views are the best in Monterey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eats and viewTopfeasterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Love this place. Good service, great food and best views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DsnakeDined on 8/31/2014Dinner war fabulous, and we got the best table in the houseSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodNikkiDined on 8/31/2014I had the east meets west app, so delicious I'm craving more now. And for an entree I had the Tilapia, a little heavy but very delicious. I was very full. The service was very good, attentive but not overtly so. The view of course is beautiful.Special Features:
- Not up to standard....carbcat0Dined on 8/31/2014No fault in the service. Pleasant, prompt, and personable. The food, however, was another matter. Seared scallops that were limp, swimming in a butter-soy concoction that overpowered the delicate seafood. Atop wasabi mashed potatoes -- another killer flavor to any subtlety in the dish. Garnished by Asian green beans. Shriveled in appearance and with a disturbing taste and texture. It was explained to me that they were 'flash-fried'. Why not finish the job and just incinerate them? Ugh. I could barely eat the scallops and left the rest of this soup-mixture on the plate. A signature dish? Hardly up to the standards of The Chart House. Chose something - anything - else!Special Features:
- disappointediEATVIPDined on 8/30/2014stayed in Monterey for the weekend and came here based on reviews. Our waitress was definitely untrained and most likely the fault of management. Management should have trained her before letting her wait on the floor. She was very nice and apologetic and we knew she was trying her best. She didn't know the menu and could not describe what the menu items were when asked. When we ordered wine, she wasn't able to open the bottle. Someone else had to open the bottle for us. Food served came out poorly prepared. The filet was dry. Lobster did not seem seasoned and had a rubbery texture. Ambiance was great and the view of the ocean was beautiful.
- Consider Carefully!Line6Dined on 8/30/2014There are no facilities to partision off large parties hence not a good ambiance for those who want a dinning experience where you can converse without having to shout....!!!!!!Special Features:
- Wow!cflynnlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner at Chart House. We are Landry club members and were seated right on the windows at sunset, beautiful! Blue Cheese Steak, Potato Crusted Sea Bass and Crab Stuffed Shrimp were all delicious. Definitely get their signature lava cake, that thing is crazy good. Two drawbacks...server got overwhelmed with a large table halfway thru dinner and we all but lost him. Plus, I am familiar with dining by candlelight, but here we had to dine by cell phone flashlights it was so dark. Requests to bring up the lights a bit were mocked by the floor manager.Special Features:
- FabulousJan13Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, outstanding service, gorgeous view, best of everything, A++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itLocalDudeDined on 8/30/2014As usual (we are many time repeat customers) CH comes through again. My guest, who is also a CH repeater, was more than satisfied with the salad bar, which he was looking forward to. My wife, a linguine aficionado, could not stop remarking how good her artichoke linguine was. And after salivating for several days in anticipation, the King Crab hit the spot; not over cooked and very succulent. While all the entrees were good, the Key Lime Pie was excellent. Smooth with just the right amount of tart and a melt in the mouth crumbled crust. Highly recommend the Chart House for a special night.Special Features: