Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
444 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (831) 372-3362
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Noce
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private areas of the restaurant that easily accommodate groups of 15 to 50. All areas of the restaurant have fabulous views of the Monterey Bay! Available during the day for parties of 50 to 140 guests until 4:00pm Sunday thru Friday & until 3:30pm Saturdays & Sundays. The restaurant is available with limited availability for complete buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Marconi 8313723362x
- Cross Street: Drake Avenue
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a small private lot (complimentary) across the street from the restaurant for our guests. In addition, there is on-street parking available (metered) at the cost of $1.00 per hour. After 8:00pm street parking is complimentary. Diagonally across from the restaurant (north) there is a public lot with fluctuating rates.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
A longtime favorite on Cannery Row, Chart House offers panoramic views of Monterey Bay & the city lights beyond. Watch the abundant sea life while relaxing at your table. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Yellowfin Ahi, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Be sure to join us for a fantastic happy hour, with appetizers starting at $4.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey - Best Restaurants in Monterey ›
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (224)special occasion (187)romantic (167)fit for foodies (89)notable wine list (62)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (18)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014The food degree was excellent. It was a great choice of both fish and land issues. The servent was great with recommendations and additional successes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatRickyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Again my wife and I had dinner at the Chart House. Always a great place! We had an outstanding view and our food was a 10! Had a bottle of wine with dinner and loved every slip. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SantaRosaGareVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have dined here previously and we have always had good food, and good service. Husband had the salad bar, filet and a bake potato. I started with the crab cake and then had the crab stack. Yes, I had my fill of seafood. Everything was very fresh. The views are amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Scenic, and Divine Seafood!SeafoodLover86Dined on 11/15/2014Amazing ambiance with a beautiful view of Monterey. Brandon provided wonderful service for my birthday! Everything my boyfriend and I had was very flavorful including the lobster bisque and best of shrimp. The crab cakes were divine, they were basically all crab and fell apart the moment you forked into it. I debated between here and Sardine Factory and glad I picked this spot with many more seafood options. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandySandyDined on 11/13/2014Excellent dinner! Friendly server, beautiful view of Monterey bay at night. A very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the viewDebbieDined on 11/11/2014Good location if you are visiting the canary row area. Nice menu and beautiful view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good SeafoodRoboZoomDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant sits scenically right on Monterey Bay, and most of the seats have an ocean side view. As an appetizer we had the Crab/Avocado/Shrimp/Mango stack. It was well balanced and very tasty. For the main, I had blackened snapper which was perfectly cooked and well seasoned. My date had the parmesan crusted snapper over a bed of pasta, and my choice was definitely the better of the two. The wine list is also nice, though I wouldn't expect anything exceptional from the bar cocktails. Overall, I'd definitely come back here again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner on the BaydrshortroundDined on 11/6/2014This is THE place for fine dining in Monterey! Make a reservation and show up early for a glass of wine at the bar and request a window seat! Fabulous seafood combined with a stupendous view is what to expectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodFeedMeSeymourDined on 11/5/2014The avocado mango crab appetizer was a really good start, huge so perfect to share. Caesar salad was a little limp, but the dressing was spot on. Very nice Prime Rib, roasted veggies were the sour note in the food. Dessert was good, lava cake with toffee. Only really off thing was out waitress - overloaded or forgetful or both. Disappeared a lot.Special Features:
- Engagement dinnerKipperDined on 11/3/2014I'll keep it short and sweet. The staff made out engagement dinner even more special for my fiancé and I. The food, service and ambiance was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a QueenMaggieDined on 11/3/2014My King took his Queen for a romantic foodie experience that we try to do every couple of years on our fixed income. I love the food presentation and the great tastes and the spectacular view. Thank you.Special Features:
- SUNDAY DININGGolfguyDined on 11/2/2014My wife & I had a great experience dining at the Chart House in Monterey. From the time you enter the door, until you are ready to leave, the service and friendly staff were amazing!! Would highly recommend the Lobster Bisque. Filet & Lobster tail were fabulous!!Special Features:
- Wonderful spotFoodluvrDined on 11/2/2014We had a wonderful meal...I thoroughly enjoyed the scallops and my husband loved the chowder and tilapia. Our servers gave us the perfect amount of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I RememberTopGuy101Dined on 11/1/2014Several years ago, our concierge made reservations for us here and our dinner experience was excellent. We returned this year with expectations of another great year. Unfortunately, this visit failed badly. We started with a Shrimp Cocktail. Previously, it was five prawns atop of a glass chalice. In the chalice was a traditional shrim cocktail sauce with rock shrimp. It was almost a meal in itself. This order consisted of five prawns atop a slotted silver grate hiding dry ice. Management stated it was a corporate decision to change to this for presentation purposes. Bad move. Unfortuanatley, there are not enough characters available to provide my displeasure. But all of our plates had either changed or just lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Best night ever!1stInLineDined on 11/1/2014This was the best dining experience my wife and I have ever had on our anniversary. We will dine here again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view of Monterey BayBingLDined on 10/31/2014Fantastic food, best salad bar anywhere, simply a satisfying but unpretentious fine food restaurant.Special Features:
- Fit for a wedding nightBubwatersDined on 10/27/2014My wife and I chose the Chart House for our wedding night meal. As our wedding was informal, we also wanted something quiet, romantic, somewhat informal yet still a fine dining experience. I was a bit worried at first since I'm strictly turf but let me tell you, the Fillet Mignon was as good (if not a tad better) than any high end steakhouse I've visited in the past. We really hit it out of the park with the Chart House! My wife wanted a table at a restaurant with a water view and wow, what a view it was! Everyone in my party left happy and inspired by the view and service. Only complaints were that of painfully full stomachs. The Chart House will now be my secret excuse to get out of San Jose and visit Monterey more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House-Superb!BigMikeDined on 10/26/2014This is a mainstay for us when we visit Monterey Bay. It is always consistently good with food and usually the service is equal. A window seat adds further to the dining experience. Exotic light fixtures and rich, full wood ceilings throughout make The Chart House a lovely visual experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 24 years of marriage!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Love the Chart House! Beautiful view, great food, and awesome music! This is me and my wife's favorite! Always come here for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view!ManhattanVIPDined on 10/25/2014Such a beautiful spot to dine! A bit pricey for what you get but the view makes it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMVBillDined on 10/25/2014We have been going to Chart Houses for thirty years. The one in Monterey is one of our favorites. It is great that it is still in business and still providing a solid dining experience. We were given a great table with a scenic view of the Monterey Bay. Even saw a few otters frolicking in the water. Great service and the food was very good. Price was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCharthouseDined on 10/25/2014We do not get to the Chart house often. Only when we are visiting Monterey, so it's always special when we do dine there. The view, food and service was as always, the best.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceluvgoodfoodDined on 10/21/2014great food but at a price. expect to spend some dollars if you go here. excellent food and the service was very attentive and never had to look for anyone to bring us things.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Restaurant was fantastic. Food and service were very good. We celebrated 3 birthdays and will be going back in DecemberSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOldstersluv2dineDined on 10/19/2014We have been to the Chart House before, for our Anniversary dinner, so we were not new to this restaurant. We received our special menus with the Anniversary greeting at the top..always makes you feel extra special, that they took the time out to make and print out these special menus for your occasion. The food is always excellent, and we always get the window table, when we make our reservations in advance. Excellent service and wonderful food. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewTheRegularDined on 10/19/2014We've been here on several occasions, but this time we lucked out with the best view in the house. Watched wild dolphin play while we ate - so wonderful! My elderly parents were thrilled. Thanks, CH.Special Features:
- Service was not what we expectedFoodEnthusiastDined on 10/18/2014We've been to Chart House before and had an outstanding experience from the food to the service to the ambiance. The food is delicious! The salad bar, clam chowder, seafood dishes and desserts are very tasty and well prepared. This visit wasn't as great as past ones solely because of our server. She either hovered or was nowhere to be found. We also brought wine from home and our server offered to decant them but she didn't pour for us. We were left to do that on our own which we felt was unacceptable for the caliber of this restaurant and price you pay here. We spoke to a manager and will definitely go back but it was unfortunate that this visit wasn't as great as previous ones just because of our server.Special Features:
- A bit over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The price was a bit high for two. The priced didn't mstch the food quality or quantity.
- Poor EperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Long wait. Food poorly cooked. Vegetables cold. Food tasted dry. Entree tasted like it sat under a heat lamp. Will never come back. Not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Excellent salad bar and dessertbirthdaytimeDined on 10/17/2014I was my husband's birthday. We enjoyed an excellent salad bar and complimentary dessert. We enjoy the atmosphere and the food is always top notch. Our waitress was a little slow this time around. She appeared to be pre-occupied and repeated herself when returning to our table. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food from Monterey.BruceTexasVIPDined on 10/16/2014What an excellent selection of seafood. The salad bar is fantastic. I wish my wife could have enjoyed it with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Una vista maravillosaEstherVIPDined on 10/14/2014Como la mayoría de esta cadena de restaurants,están ubicados en un punto maravilloso con una vista al mar hermosa la barra de ensaladas es excelente y la comida es buena,el servicio si les falla un poco,pero definitivamente si buscaría un Chart House en lugares de Costa y lo recomiendo ampliamente,aunque es bastante caroSpecial Features:
- Happy2dineDined on 10/13/2014I was with a group of 12. The service was great. They got all of our food to us in a timely fashion. It was delicious! Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionRcpal74Dined on 10/12/2014Had a fabulous night, lobster and shrimp spring rolls, filet mignon and lobster and mud pie for dessert. All excellent dishes Recommend for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCarmelDined on 10/12/2014Perfect service, delicious food, gorgeous Decor, and spectacular view. We went for our 44th wedding anniversary and we could not have picked a better place. We have never eaten there before, we will definitely eat there again. We both had a seafood dish. I couldn't decide what to get but Jordan, our waiter, helped me make a delicious decision...grilled white sea bass topped with lump crab. Amazing... My husbands crab stuffed shrimp was equally as delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasionBeZeDined on 10/11/2014Love this restaurant for the ambiance, great menu, delicious and well-presented meals, very friendly and professional staff. For me, no visit to Monterey is complete without an evening at the Chart House.Special Features:
- Always goodChowHoundVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is always good. Our server was attentive and friendly. There were three of us, we all had different seafood dishes and loved them all. Plus this Chart House still has the fabulous salad bar.
- Special Familia Dinner2deliciousDined on 10/4/2014The Chart House staffing is excellent. From the minute we were welcomed at the front desk and throughout the entire evening the staff demonstrated their high regard to providing excellent service. My family was there for dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday..The staff made this event perfect.. compliments also go to the chef! All our dinner selections where fresh and delicious! Seafood is the best I have had in any coastal resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic romantic spotGumbi831Dined on 10/2/2014Went here for special occasion and was not dissapointed. A good old fashioned romantic spot to take that special someone and enjoy the view. Great menu selections and extensive wine list. Love the salad bar.Special Features:
- Always great.A1keeperDined on 10/1/2014Never a flaw in their performance!!! Fine dining consistancy great over many visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.