Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
444 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8313723362x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Noce
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private areas of the restaurant that easily accommodate groups of 15 to 50. All areas of the restaurant have fabulous views of the Monterey Bay! Available during the day for parties of 50 to 140 guests until 4:00pm Sunday thru Friday & until 3:30pm Saturdays & Sundays. The restaurant is available with limited availability for complete buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Marconi 8313723362x
- Cross Street: Drake Avenue
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a small private lot (complimentary) across the street from the restaurant for our guests. In addition, there is on-street parking available (metered) at the cost of $1.00 per hour. After 8:00pm street parking is complimentary. Diagonally across from the restaurant (north) there is a public lot with fluctuating rates.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Monterey
A longtime favorite on Cannery Row, Chart House offers panoramic views of Monterey Bay & the city lights beyond. Watch the abundant sea life while relaxing at your table. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Yellowfin Ahi, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Be sure to join us for a fantastic happy hour, with appetizers starting at $4.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey - Best Restaurants in Monterey ›
Chart House Restaurant - Monterey reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (239)special occasion (200)romantic (163)fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (57)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014great food but at a price. expect to spend some dollars if you go here. excellent food and the service was very attentive and never had to look for anyone to bring us things.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Restaurant was fantastic. Food and service were very good. We celebrated 3 birthdays and will be going back in DecemberSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We have been to the Chart House before, for our Anniversary dinner, so we were not new to this restaurant. We received our special menus with the Anniversary greeting at the top..always makes you feel extra special, that they took the time out to make and print out these special menus for your occasion. The food is always excellent, and we always get the window table, when we make our reservations in advance. Excellent service and wonderful food. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We've been here on several occasions, but this time we lucked out with the best view in the house. Watched wild dolphin play while we ate - so wonderful! My elderly parents were thrilled. Thanks, CH.Special Features:
- A bit over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The price was a bit high for two. The priced didn't mstch the food quality or quantity.
- Poor EperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Long wait. Food poorly cooked. Vegetables cold. Food tasted dry. Entree tasted like it sat under a heat lamp. Will never come back. Not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Excellent salad bar and dessertbirthdaytimeDined on 10/17/2014I was my husband's birthday. We enjoyed an excellent salad bar and complimentary dessert. We enjoy the atmosphere and the food is always top notch. Our waitress was a little slow this time around. She appeared to be pre-occupied and repeated herself when returning to our table. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food from Monterey.BruceTexasVIPDined on 10/16/2014What an excellent selection of seafood. The salad bar is fantastic. I wish my wife could have enjoyed it with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Una vista maravillosaEstherVIPDined on 10/14/2014Como la mayoría de esta cadena de restaurants,están ubicados en un punto maravilloso con una vista al mar hermosa la barra de ensaladas es excelente y la comida es buena,el servicio si les falla un poco,pero definitivamente si buscaría un Chart House en lugares de Costa y lo recomiendo ampliamente,aunque es bastante caroSpecial Features:
- Happy2dineDined on 10/13/2014I was with a group of 12. The service was great. They got all of our food to us in a timely fashion. It was delicious! Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionRcpal74Dined on 10/12/2014Had a fabulous night, lobster and shrimp spring rolls, filet mignon and lobster and mud pie for dessert. All excellent dishes Recommend for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCarmelDined on 10/12/2014Perfect service, delicious food, gorgeous Decor, and spectacular view. We went for our 44th wedding anniversary and we could not have picked a better place. We have never eaten there before, we will definitely eat there again. We both had a seafood dish. I couldn't decide what to get but Jordan, our waiter, helped me make a delicious decision...grilled white sea bass topped with lump crab. Amazing... My husbands crab stuffed shrimp was equally as delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasionBeZeDined on 10/11/2014Love this restaurant for the ambiance, great menu, delicious and well-presented meals, very friendly and professional staff. For me, no visit to Monterey is complete without an evening at the Chart House.Special Features:
- Always goodChowHoundVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is always good. Our server was attentive and friendly. There were three of us, we all had different seafood dishes and loved them all. Plus this Chart House still has the fabulous salad bar.
- Special Familia Dinner2deliciousDined on 10/4/2014The Chart House staffing is excellent. From the minute we were welcomed at the front desk and throughout the entire evening the staff demonstrated their high regard to providing excellent service. My family was there for dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday..The staff made this event perfect.. compliments also go to the chef! All our dinner selections where fresh and delicious! Seafood is the best I have had in any coastal resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic romantic spotGumbi831Dined on 10/2/2014Went here for special occasion and was not dissapointed. A good old fashioned romantic spot to take that special someone and enjoy the view. Great menu selections and extensive wine list. Love the salad bar.Special Features:
- Always great.A1keeperDined on 10/1/2014Never a flaw in their performance!!! Fine dining consistancy great over many visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice suprisetraveltoeatVIPDined on 9/28/2014We booked this dinner late on a Monday night and found a full and energetic restaurant. The view of the bay was wonderful and the food a real surprise. This restaurant was not on the recommended list from the Concierge, so I am glad for the OpenTable recommendation in this case.Special Features:
- Great food, awesome servicednn21Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter we had was amazing! Very personable. Awesome food and drinks. My sister's bachelorette dinner was a huge success, they even personalized menus for us.Special Features:
- AmazingfeedmeDined on 9/27/2014We had such a wonderful night at the Chart House! The food was to die for and the staff was very accommodating. I will definitely be returning here on our next trip to Monterey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmospheretetchanDined on 9/27/2014Comfortable food and Fantastic location. Your staff has quite good courtesy. Thanks for the consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad BarOceanGirlDined on 9/26/2014Overall, I appreciate all aspects of your restaurant, food and service. However, there were a couple of things I didn't like. One was that the door to the plate refrigerator was broken. Twice we've had the salad with our meals and twice the knobs on the door were not attached properly. Also, I had to wait to be noticed by your staff (not long, but still I had to wait) so I could request a small cup for my salad dressing since I don't usually put dressing directly on my salad. It is bothersome to wait and it would be nice to be able to grab one at will, since I am preparing my own salad. Other than those two things, everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 9/26/2014Good variety of choices and, as always, the food was delicious. Mom had the salad bar as her entree choice and was very satisfied. Dad had tilapia and I had an end cut of prime rib - both great choices. Our reservations were early (6:30) but even as the restaurant filled, our waitress was still able to attend to us in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, wonderful detailzeroneroVIPDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful attention to detail. My wife and I ate here for our anniversary. They set us up with personalized menus, flowers, and luckily we had a window table which was spectacular! Thank you thank you! Gluten free menus are nice too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulzeroneroVIPDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I ate here Tuesday night and had excellent service and the food was so great! We are coming back Thursday night to celebrate our anniversary, it was that good from the view, service, And the food is awesome! Gluten free menu is nice and has plenty of options. The prime rib and short ribs were both great. The shrimp cocktail is super fresh, the horseradish has a nice kick to it. The creme brûlée is delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014What was once a very nice dining experience has migrated to a good happy hour experience for early dinner on a budget and not the wonderful diner experience we once enjoyed with expert service at all Chart House locations around the US.Special Features:
- Good, but not gooddnscmcdDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I rarely get a night out to ourselves, so we were looking forward to a nice dinner for 2. The food was good, not over the top. We both had the NY Steak. $200 bill with drinks, appetizer and dessert. However, we were seated in a bench seat along a wall meant for group seating. So it felt as if we were eating with the family next to us. Not ok. All we could really hear was our neighbors conversation. Very hard to enjoy each others company. You definitely want to request an ocean view seat, or at least make sure you're not dining with your neighbor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Year Anniversarybjay1982Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated our 5 year with a small group of friends/family. Had a nice half booth near the end of the restaurant, which gave us just the right amount of "quiet" so the table could hold a couple conversations. Service was a little slower than I prefer, but everything came out excellent. Bonus points for printing "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs..." on the menu, nice touch! Quote my 86 yr old grandmother "the restrooms were disgusting", and she said she notified the hostess on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain resturarant...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Poor service and even poorer knowledge of food. Bar tender was rude and we never got our drink. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- always niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We go at least six-eight times a year & it is always nice. Good food & service. The view - fabulous!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningromanticdinnerDined on 9/19/2014Highly recommend reservations through "open table". By doing so, and having a Landry Member card for the Chart House we were treated as VIP Guest. We were given a corner table with a 180 degree view of the ocean, a personalized menu, and superb service. The salmon at the Chart House was exquisite! We also received $25 discount for a birthday perq by having the Landry membership (which is through the Chart House). 5 stars for this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The service was sub standard from the time we walked into the restaurant. Right hand didn't know what left hand was doing. Brought the wrong bottle of wine which I had to call the server over to ask why we still hadn't received our wine - 20 minutes later. The food was good but I would not return.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryMommyMoDined on 9/13/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner and especially loved the personalized menus - nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food temperatureLewismomDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the filet. It was great tasting I just felt that all the food was luke warm. The potatoes had a slight crust on the outside like they had been sitting for a little. I know it would have been excellent had the food been up to temperature and served as soon as it was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence exhibitedChandaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been to Chart House different location! This one provided sterling service! The ambiance was wonderful! I think when one gets superior service everything tastes delectable under cozy and scenic ambiance! Our server, Brandon, was just wonderful! They take care of every detail all the time the staff is vigilant and supervising every table to see everything is perfect! We devoured Chilli Prawns, Salad, Steak, and Mahi Mahi! All were good! The crime Brulee and Mud Pie so scrumptious! Stellar setting and service great neighborhood gem :)Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We chose this resturant as it looked like the perfect place to celebrate my hubby's 50th birthday during our holiday from the uk. It didn't disappoint the food was amazing and the staff so attentive. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Romantic Date NightKparsoDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and I thought it would be nice to try something new. The lighting was romantic and warm. The server was very attentive and checked in with us the right amount of times and was very pleasant. The food was spectacular! I have some food allergies and they were able to accommodate my requests. We had the crab cake for an appetizer. We loved it! For dinner I ordered the Cobb salad (on the gluten free menu) and it was AWESOME! My husband ordered the scallops and he was very impressed and told me they were the best he has had. For dessert we shared the chocolate volcano brownie that was right on par with the rest of the meal. This is a must try!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSteveDined on 9/10/2014Great restaurant with a beautiful interior. Our hors d'oeuvres came quickly and they were great. Then we waited 40+ min for our main dishes. They were barely worm. So not so good. you may need to manage the slow service. Staff friendly etc....Special Features:
- A Must when in Montereyhard2pleaseDined on 9/8/2014From reception, to coctails at the bar, to seating by the Monterey Bay window table, the ChartHouse is a must stop, when in Monterey.Special Features:
- Pretty Good but should be flawle$$BringmethegoodwineVIPDined on 9/7/2014one terrific meal and one mediocre. Grilled sea bass was a thin dry and tasteless piece of fish. I have never seen such a thin sea bass filet! The waiter had been attentive all evening but ignored the 2/3 left on the plate and didn't ask how dinner was. Fail.Special Features: