Chart House Restaurant - Miami
51 Chart House Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (305) 856-9741
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Events can be hosted from 10-300 people. Inside and outside seating. Private Party Contact Jennifer Ubeda (305) 856-9741
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Miami
Located minutes from downtown Miami in the exclusive Coconut Grove area, Chart House offers superb waterfront views of Dinner Key Marina & Biscayne Bay from both the dining room and patio. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Miami - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Chart House Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (48)romantic (47)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Amazing Brunch!305momdinerDined on 5/11/2014Had been to Chart House before but this was my first brunch visit. We were a party of 5, celebrating Mother's Day...Chart House was the PERFECT choice. The food variety was impressive, the patio area had an amazing view, and the restaurant appeals to young and old alike. Whether you are looking to reserve a romantic dinner or a family affair w kids of all ages, Chart House can accommodate and wo T disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicehistoryandwineDined on 5/11/2014Yes, we went to the Chart House on Mother's Day, however, our reservation was relatively early. The service was sub-par for the price of the meal. There was a buffet, but the food was cold and not flavorful. Everything about the experience was pretty bland--which is not what you expect for a $300 brunch. Unfortunately, I think the good ole days of the Chart House being a "hotspot" are gone. Don't think I'll be going back.Special Features:
- Great view but ok foodBruncher26Dined on 5/11/2014We went for mothers day brunch buffet. The breakfast part of the food selection was not good at all, the pastries, pancakes were kind of stale. There was a very good crab leg, oyster buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- many people outsidecharlyDined on 5/10/2014have to wait 45min for a table but it was reserved upfront in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent first experiencerachipoDined on 5/9/2014I was celebrating my husbands birthday, and it was a wonderful experience. the service was awesome the food was to die for the lava cake was soooo good. overall I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night with friends0509201400Fridaynightwithfriends050Dined on 5/9/2014The outdoor dining was lovely, great view of the bay and the city of Miami. The service was very slow; the servers did not pick up our dirty dishes before serving the next course. The waiter seemed to be "in the weeds". The food was very good.Special Features:
- Just ok, not impressedmdillonDined on 5/7/2014For $150 on dinner, would have expected way more. Ordered an appetizer that never came. Asked for accommodations from the server on the entree and had a "nice" response: "either You get it as it comes, or dont get it at all"-- felt like it was a favor we were doing to be there, not paying $35 a plate. Seating outside would have helped, since that is their main attraction. Would maybe go back just for that. But other Than that, not trying it again- pricey menu with a cafeteria feel and service. Too many other good options around to try that again.Special Features:
- LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A MOVIEMissvvDined on 4/27/2014First of all, COMPLIMENTARY valet if you're eating at Chart House, the architect of the restaurant was explicate...you walk in and get greeted by the hostess (expected) but the view isn't!!! The moment you walk in, large views right across of the beautiful bay by the marina. Quiet but not dead and they have a 2 meals for $65 special Sunday- Thurs. The ribs are the absolute BEST...and steak. the lava cake <----- at Chart House= TO DIE FOR. It is Chillis Molton on steroids. And it takes 30 minutes to make so they recommend to order it early and I think you should! We sat by the window instead of outside since it is Miami but they have fans outside if needed. I can't write more but anywho, pricy but SO WORTH IT! Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backJess531Dined on 4/27/2014Second time I visit and I must say I was really disappointed. Food wasn't anything to die for, my mom's steak was burnt and even after we sent it back it was returned burnt.Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every WayPatrickVIPDined on 4/26/2014I docked for the night at Dinner Key Marina and wanted to enjoy fine dining. The Chart House in Fort Lauderdale is one of my favorites but the ratings of the Coconut Grove Chart House were mixed. Nonetheless, I could find nothing else in the area which met my needs, so I gave it a shot. It was fantastic. The maître d' greeted us warmly and give us very nice seating. The décor was attractive and the view of the bay outstanding. The server was pleasant and attentive; the food was prepared and cooked to perfection and delivered to our table promptly, although we were not rushed in any way. All in all, it was a first rate and memorable dining experience. I'll be sure to go there again the next time I visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Dinner upon arrival was told buffet only. We were never told this when making reservation or when reservation was confirmed by phone. The restaurant used to be very busy and food good. This visit it was almost empty of dinners and food not worth the price. Very disappointed.
- A Nostalgic DisappointmentMellVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had a Chart House in our part of the world many years ago, so we thought we would give it a whirl for old time sake. Unfortunately, it was a disappointment. The food and ambiance did not live up to our fond memories, not to mention the painfully slow service.
- unfortunate declineplentifulpalateDined on 4/17/2014I have been going to the Chart House for several years and returned last week for a special birthday for my friend. I was very disappointed to see that the place seems to have declined quite a bit since my last visit a couple of years ago. The starter of fresh oysters took forever to come from the kitchen, the waiter did not even bother to ask what temperature we wanted our steaks at and they came out cold, and the salad bar which used to be a favorite of ours was filled with brown wilted vegetables. I am sad to see what used to be one of my favorites take a turn for the worse.
- excellentcarterDined on 4/12/2014Would recommend and plan on coming back next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have a great experience,AdriDined on 4/4/2014We have a great experience, service was so good and we have a marvelous time. I tell everyone to try and for sure we will come back. Thank you ! to give us the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice!!lanlizDined on 3/29/2014The food was excellent, the service was the best. The salad bar is the best that I never taste. Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you would expectXmanDined on 3/29/2014I made reservations detailing a good view with my wifes birthday. As i walked in, not even a happy birthday greeting. . Also the view would've been great if only they would maintain the windows clean. I was sat in a corner table which the window provided a blurred view. The attention was never there. It took a while for us to be attended with. It looked understaffed possibly. The waitress even excused berself for not having a simple candle for the lava cake i had ordered at the end. I have been coming here for years and been seeing this place deteriorate slowly. Only reason i come here is because it has always been a favorite for my wife since the 80s.Special Features:
- AwesomesvsweetescapeDined on 3/26/2014This place has the feel of an old fashioned supper club like you would find in the mid-west 50 years ago. Great steaks and seafood and don't miss the mud pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014I expected so much more I will never go back nor recommend chart house to anyone there are way better places to go. The place looks so run down the food was not anything special I have had better for less the service was not great either we were never asked if we wanted another round of drinks. Terrible time expected way more .
- Senic viewOFficerDined on 3/21/2014Lovely scenic restaurant in marina. Pricy, but good quality and value. Service was very good. Happy hour appetizer menu choices were delicious and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami's best bayside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2014The Chart House has the most spectacular bay-side dining in Miami - quite, delicious food - a hidden gem most have no idea rests right on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceKenMDined on 3/17/2014The service here is notoriously iffy....ranging from wonderfully professional to nice, but almost incompetent. The server makes all the difference at the Chart House because the food is pricey but typically good to very good - and occasionally excellent. Jessica was our server on this occasion and she was wonderful. Appetizers were very good. The stacked mango tuna thing and the east meets west are nice. There is a value dining option (not what it's actually called): soup or salad, choice of three entrees and a dessert for $30.00. Most of the entrees alone are ~$30, so this is a good deal. The views are always great. Overall, I was very satisfied with this visit. Hope to have similar experience next time.Special Features:
- Waitress experienceRickyDined on 3/15/2014We did not have the best experience with our waitress. She was not energentic and kept forgetting to refill our drinks, ketchup for the kids even when we asked. We felt isolated and not important. Even though our food was delayed as well and we appreciate the manager apologizing. It would have been nice if our waitress would have kept us informed. Despite the poor experience. I understand that we all have bad days we still gave 20% tip. As a business owner we learn from all complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJan58Dined on 3/15/2014Chart House restaurant has always been a favorite restaurant of mine. I went there for my parents' anniversary celebration. The service and food were excellent. I also love the scenic water view which adds to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Bday for BaeYumYumDined on 3/12/2014The ambiance was perfect for the occasion...water side dining on a gorgeous FL Spring day. Food was delish-short ribs ...extra tender/bronzed tilapia, also a treat! Topped off with mud pie--yum! yum! THX for making my bae's bday night EXTRA SPECIAL! :) WILL DEFINITELY BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFULGeorgeDined on 3/11/2014Terrible! Poorly managed and no management. It turned out to be the poorest run restaurant I've ever been too. When we came in the restaurant was almost void of people. We had reservation and said we would like to sit outside. The table was fine. After sitting for 10 minutes and looking at the few servers looking past us and going around us we ask for service. Our server apologized. I said. "we hungry and thirsty" and a nice way. We sat for another 15 minutes watching the few servers run around and we could see the other tables getting upset. To many bad things to say. Don't waste your time or money here. They need to shut down this restaurant and start over. Hope this review can help someone not to waste an evening out here.Special Features:
- The restaurant that time forgotMicheleVIPDined on 3/9/2014The food was decent but the restaurant is in need of a major renovation. The windows were dirty, the tables on the dock were so close to the fueling station for the boats that all you could smell was diesel fuel, and the service was beyond slow. Our server was very nice, and the food was pretty good, but the overall experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Went to the Chart House forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Went to the Chart House for my birthday...it was the first time I visited a Chart House. The entire experience was truly amazing. The food was some of the best seafood I have ever had. The service was spot on and the entire staff was very professional. I was so impressed I signed up for the Landry's rewards. I look forward to my next visit to the Chart House.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting on the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2014Beautiful setting on the water. Service was ok. Food was barely average. Very disappointing. I've eaten at other Chart House restaurants and was really looking forward to this dinner. I would not go back to this one.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014Very nice experience at the Chart House. Waitress did not rush the table and the food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceSatisfiedDined on 3/5/2014Quite cold when walked in. ate outside, great view and tucked away from main street. Employees seemed a bit rushed but service and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to like this place even moreKenMDined on 3/2/2014Great views of Biscayne Bay from both outside and inside tables. Nice ambiance; food is good but a bit pricey. The 3 course combo is good value. Salad bar is poor. Service friendly but spotty. Server never returned large portion of left over my wife asked to be boxed. He promised to have chef cook an extra piece of fish...never happened. On a recent business dinner, server forgot to take both appetizer and dessert order from our client. Two appetizers were not available, 10 minutes after ordering entrees, server came back to tell us that 1 of the entrees was not available. In short, good, pricey food in a great location with spotty service.Special Features:
- even better than I rememberedRoxannaDined on 3/1/2014I haven't eaten at the chart house in 20 years and I really wanted to go back for my 32 birthday. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to my childhood memories of one amazing salad bar and yummy warm pumpernickel bread. My expectations were exceeded and I had an amazing time. Everything was perfect and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an exquisite dining experience. The crab, mango and avocado stack was worth the 30 minute drive and the short rib and mash were worth all the extra time I will need to spend in the gyn this week. All in all A++ Chart House. I look forward to finally trying the Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, won't be our last time.JackieODined on 2/27/2014We really enjoyed dining at Chart House Miami. Alan our waiter was very amicable. The restaurant was hosting approximately 50 people on one side of the room and you couldn't hear the guest where we were sitting. The menu offers a very nice selection. One of the people in our party had the grouper they said it was very nice. The stuffed tilapia w/crab was fabulous and very fresh. The prime rib was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. We will certainly be back and next time leave room for their specialty the lava cake. Very nice wine list selection. I loved being able to walk outside after our dinner and just relax looking out at the water and the marina. I look forward to hosting an event here very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront diningKarlDined on 2/24/2014The Chart House is a real gem not too far from the airport. The building is solid concrete balanced with warm wood accents. The indoor dining was expansive with accent lighting just at the tables to give an intimate experience. We wanted outdoor dining and the harbour view was very relaxing and enjoyable. The food and presentation was very good and for those who don't mind spending up to $60 per person including drinks and a bottle of wine, the menu was a good value (and good coffee). I can't speak for all the the servers but our server, Jessica, was warm and inviting with a great sense of humour. We noted the server at he table beside us was also very engaged with his customers and they obviously appreciated his service. We'd go back!Special Features:
- DinnerDarleneDined on 2/22/2014The atmosphere was good. The server was a little bit on the confused side. The lobster bisque and clam chowder soup was not the best. But the steak was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014The food was not hot, my boyfriend had to send his filet back since it wasn't done to temperature. The food was subpar at best and the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Unfortunately last evening's......DaveMullikinVIPDined on 2/16/2014......service and food were not up to standard. Our waiter was Jason and he was average at best, immediately asked if we were ready to order, had to ask for bread a couple of times, did not even keep our water glasses full. Ordered a Caesar and Lobster bisque to begin. They brought the correct salad but brought me Clam Chowder instead. Returned it and they promptly brought me the bisque. Salad was good but the Lobster bisque contained too much Sherry making it just adequate. I ordered the Salman and my wife had the Coconut Shrimp. My Salman was excellent but my wife's shrimp was not all that great. Too much batter and not quite done making the batter somewhat chewy. Affected poorly what might otherwise be decent shrimp.Special Features:
- Romantic Diningabc123Dined on 2/15/2014We went for Valentine's and Anniversary celebration and the ambiance was wonderful as the food. A little pricey, but it's worth it.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayCfoodluvrDined on 2/15/2014I've been to the Chart House in Miami once or twice and even made it to the one in Steamboat, Colorado before it closed. It had been quite some time since I had been to Chart House, though. My wife and I went for Valentine's Day and couldn't be happier. Our reservation was honored, and even 'adjusted' as we arrived late (we did call the restaurant to let them know). It's a little out of the way, but the restaurant is right on the water and has a very nice view of the bay. The food (that's why we're here, right) was great, too. The music was a little loud, but I can't find anything else to complain about. The Chart House is a great restaurant. I even like the modern '70's architecture and decor. / Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.