Chart House Restaurant - Miami
51 Chart House Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3058569741x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Events can be hosted from 10-300 people. Inside and outside seating. Private Party Contact Jennifer Ubeda (305) 856-9741
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Miami
Located minutes from downtown Miami in the exclusive Coconut Grove area, Chart House offers superb waterfront views of Dinner Key Marina & Biscayne Bay from both the dining room and patio. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Miami - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Chart House Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)special occasion (44)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Waitress experienceRickyDined on 3/15/2014We did not have the best experience with our waitress. She was not energentic and kept forgetting to refill our drinks, ketchup for the kids even when we asked. We felt isolated and not important. Even though our food was delayed as well and we appreciate the manager apologizing. It would have been nice if our waitress would have kept us informed. Despite the poor experience. I understand that we all have bad days we still gave 20% tip. As a business owner we learn from all complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJan58Dined on 3/15/2014Chart House restaurant has always been a favorite restaurant of mine. I went there for my parents' anniversary celebration. The service and food were excellent. I also love the scenic water view which adds to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Bday for BaeYumYumDined on 3/12/2014The ambiance was perfect for the occasion...water side dining on a gorgeous FL Spring day. Food was delish-short ribs ...extra tender/bronzed tilapia, also a treat! Topped off with mud pie--yum! yum! THX for making my bae's bday night EXTRA SPECIAL! :) WILL DEFINITELY BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFULGeorgeDined on 3/11/2014Terrible! Poorly managed and no management. It turned out to be the poorest run restaurant I've ever been too. When we came in the restaurant was almost void of people. We had reservation and said we would like to sit outside. The table was fine. After sitting for 10 minutes and looking at the few servers looking past us and going around us we ask for service. Our server apologized. I said. "we hungry and thirsty" and a nice way. We sat for another 15 minutes watching the few servers run around and we could see the other tables getting upset. To many bad things to say. Don't waste your time or money here. They need to shut down this restaurant and start over. Hope this review can help someone not to waste an evening out here.Special Features:
- The restaurant that time forgotMicheleVIPDined on 3/9/2014The food was decent but the restaurant is in need of a major renovation. The windows were dirty, the tables on the dock were so close to the fueling station for the boats that all you could smell was diesel fuel, and the service was beyond slow. Our server was very nice, and the food was pretty good, but the overall experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- Went to the Chart House forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Went to the Chart House for my birthday...it was the first time I visited a Chart House. The entire experience was truly amazing. The food was some of the best seafood I have ever had. The service was spot on and the entire staff was very professional. I was so impressed I signed up for the Landry's rewards. I look forward to my next visit to the Chart House.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting on the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Beautiful setting on the water. Service was ok. Food was barely average. Very disappointing. I've eaten at other Chart House restaurants and was really looking forward to this dinner. I would not go back to this one.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014Very nice experience at the Chart House. Waitress did not rush the table and the food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceSatisfiedDined on 3/5/2014Quite cold when walked in. ate outside, great view and tucked away from main street. Employees seemed a bit rushed but service and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to like this place even moreKenMDined on 3/2/2014Great views of Biscayne Bay from both outside and inside tables. Nice ambiance; food is good but a bit pricey. The 3 course combo is good value. Salad bar is poor. Service friendly but spotty. Server never returned large portion of left over my wife asked to be boxed. He promised to have chef cook an extra piece of fish...never happened. On a recent business dinner, server forgot to take both appetizer and dessert order from our client. Two appetizers were not available, 10 minutes after ordering entrees, server came back to tell us that 1 of the entrees was not available. In short, good, pricey food in a great location with spotty service.Special Features:
- even better than I rememberedRoxannaDined on 3/1/2014I haven't eaten at the chart house in 20 years and I really wanted to go back for my 32 birthday. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to my childhood memories of one amazing salad bar and yummy warm pumpernickel bread. My expectations were exceeded and I had an amazing time. Everything was perfect and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an exquisite dining experience. The crab, mango and avocado stack was worth the 30 minute drive and the short rib and mash were worth all the extra time I will need to spend in the gyn this week. All in all A++ Chart House. I look forward to finally trying the Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, won't be our last time.JackieODined on 2/27/2014We really enjoyed dining at Chart House Miami. Alan our waiter was very amicable. The restaurant was hosting approximately 50 people on one side of the room and you couldn't hear the guest where we were sitting. The menu offers a very nice selection. One of the people in our party had the grouper they said it was very nice. The stuffed tilapia w/crab was fabulous and very fresh. The prime rib was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. We will certainly be back and next time leave room for their specialty the lava cake. Very nice wine list selection. I loved being able to walk outside after our dinner and just relax looking out at the water and the marina. I look forward to hosting an event here very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront diningKarlDined on 2/24/2014The Chart House is a real gem not too far from the airport. The building is solid concrete balanced with warm wood accents. The indoor dining was expansive with accent lighting just at the tables to give an intimate experience. We wanted outdoor dining and the harbour view was very relaxing and enjoyable. The food and presentation was very good and for those who don't mind spending up to $60 per person including drinks and a bottle of wine, the menu was a good value (and good coffee). I can't speak for all the the servers but our server, Jessica, was warm and inviting with a great sense of humour. We noted the server at he table beside us was also very engaged with his customers and they obviously appreciated his service. We'd go back!Special Features:
- DinnerDarleneDined on 2/22/2014The atmosphere was good. The server was a little bit on the confused side. The lobster bisque and clam chowder soup was not the best. But the steak was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014The food was not hot, my boyfriend had to send his filet back since it wasn't done to temperature. The food was subpar at best and the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Unfortunately last evening's......DaveMullikinVIPDined on 2/16/2014......service and food were not up to standard. Our waiter was Jason and he was average at best, immediately asked if we were ready to order, had to ask for bread a couple of times, did not even keep our water glasses full. Ordered a Caesar and Lobster bisque to begin. They brought the correct salad but brought me Clam Chowder instead. Returned it and they promptly brought me the bisque. Salad was good but the Lobster bisque contained too much Sherry making it just adequate. I ordered the Salman and my wife had the Coconut Shrimp. My Salman was excellent but my wife's shrimp was not all that great. Too much batter and not quite done making the batter somewhat chewy. Affected poorly what might otherwise be decent shrimp.Special Features:
- Romantic Diningabc123Dined on 2/15/2014We went for Valentine's and Anniversary celebration and the ambiance was wonderful as the food. A little pricey, but it's worth it.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayCfoodluvrDined on 2/15/2014I've been to the Chart House in Miami once or twice and even made it to the one in Steamboat, Colorado before it closed. It had been quite some time since I had been to Chart House, though. My wife and I went for Valentine's Day and couldn't be happier. Our reservation was honored, and even 'adjusted' as we arrived late (we did call the restaurant to let them know). It's a little out of the way, but the restaurant is right on the water and has a very nice view of the bay. The food (that's why we're here, right) was great, too. The music was a little loud, but I can't find anything else to complain about. The Chart House is a great restaurant. I even like the modern '70's architecture and decor. / Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sincereap5289Dined on 2/15/2014The ambience and service is always excellent. the food is high quality. The sea scallops are my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was not welcoming andTheStergVIPDined on 2/15/2014Waiter was not welcoming and a bit snarly. I talked with him about that. A smile and welcoming demeanor costs nothing. We all have a choice in restaurants, and a poor waiter can make a difference. The other staff, though, WAS welcoming !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great,RalfDined on 2/15/2014Food and service were great, the outdoor dinning was spectacular as you watch the boats coming in and out of the marina.Special Features:
- AWESOME COUPLES NITEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I WAS THERE WITH MY WIFE AND SHE WAS VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING. CUDOSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ambiaence for Valentine'sHarveyDined on 2/14/2014We are repeat guests for special occasions. Never disappointed. Had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner here also. Landry points, too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place for Valentine's DayThomasDined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation for 8:15 and didn't get seated till 8:50!!. Although the ambiance made up for the wait. Full moon coming up on the bay was spectacular.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyUglytruthDined on 2/14/2014First time trying Chart House for valentines dinner and must say the surf and turf dish was below par. The salmon was over cooked and the pork was mainly fat and drowned in sauce. The lobster bisque was the only good thing I had. My girlfriend ordered the prime rib and the prime rib was fair in taste I think it to was over cooked. The waitress we had was not very attentive and the over-all dinning experience was not worth the high prices.Special Features:
- Anniversary reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The only thing we were upset about is that we made the reservations ahead of time said it was our anniversary and we were sat in the middle of all the action a little more private table would have been niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The Chart House was a great find for me an my wife on Valentine's Day. The ambience provided a sexy vibe and the food was great. I would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcabitoDined on 2/14/2014Staff should have informed about the traffic conditions to access the restaurant site.when reservation weere made. Due to closing of various streets it was extremely difficult to gain access to the restaurant. It took about an hour to arrive at the restaurant. After being sitted, and after waiting over 30 minutes I inquired if there was a server assigned to our table and informed that no one has taking our order. At the time of our arrival about 7:30 pm there were various empty table and our server should not have too busy. Salad bar food was of poor quality..The ceasar salad was not fresh, consequently causing illness to my date. Overall, I am very disappointed as I took my date to this restaurant for the first timeSpecial Features:
- No butter....no straw...no pepper.WaltDined on 2/14/2014The server brought the bread, but didn't bring butter. We had to wait for her to come back to the table to ask for it and wait longer for her to bring it. Ditto for a straw for soda, and pepper for my entree. I was actually brought another salt when I asked for pepper the first time and had to ask again before I got pepper. Meanwhile my extra salty food was getting cold.
- beautiful viewpuckDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view over the marina and the ocean in coconut grove. The food and cocktails were amazing and the staff was very quick and nice.Special Features:
- Still Going StrongFlyerFranDined on 2/14/2014The food is wonderful, the service is first class and the view is second to none. A very special and wonderful restaurant. I've read that it is run down, not true - assume that news was put out there by developers who want the space. Good as ever, in fact better than ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hideaway in the GroveTSaizDined on 2/13/2014Beautiful evening setting by the Bay. A little cool but with the heaters placed throughout, wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Extra Touch from the StaffTomDDined on 2/11/2014Dinner at the Chart House was a wonderful experience for us. The server went the extra mile to make my girfriends birthday dinner special. As were leaving the executive chef greeted us and we shared a few words and the hostess handed us complimentary menus marking the birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBirthday14Dined on 2/9/2014I was disappointd in the restaurant . It was a birthday dinner. The food was fair- nothing to brag about. The outdoor dining area was small and the view was of a marina.m It was not scenic at all. I was disappointed after driving in traffic for one hour to find this place.
- That ain't you mothers Chart HousenanorascalDined on 2/8/2014We used to go here when the salad bar was included with your meal and it was two or three times the size with plenty more offerings that it currently does, I had the snapper which was OK with warm veggies and a great baked potato. Three or four years ago this place was packed on a Saturday night. Somehow they lost there mojo.
- tT IS A GEM OF THE GROVE.SHOETAILERDined on 2/8/2014tT IS A GEM OF THE GROVE. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT. THE SALAD BAR IS THE BEST ANYWHERE. THE AMBIENCE AND VIEW ARE OUTRAGEOUS. I AM A MAJOR FAN OF THE PLACE AND EAT THERE AT LEAST ONCE A MONTHY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was less than expected.(evOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014The food was less than expected.(even cold) The service was great. The young girl that served our table is very social, correct, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impreseedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014I wasn't too impressed with the food of this restaurant, the quality/taste is not that great.....I can make a Tilapia fillet at home better than the one my girlfriend had thereSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingSuzyQDined on 1/31/2014Spoiled salads on the salad bar Empty water glasses too often The waiter asked did we want the special dessert that you order in advance, we got one to share But when it was dessert time and we asked for coffee he told us there were no hot drinks available due to a water main breaking!
- Excellence In DiningJazzyfinleyDined on 1/25/2014I recently dined at the Chart House with 4 in my party. Our experience was one that started the moment we arrived at Valet with the courteous staff and directions provided. We entered the restaurant and was immediatedly seated and our reservation wasn't for another 15 minutes. I love this. We were given the option of outside dining or inside, we chose outside. It was a beautiful night to dine outside and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The food came out and it was incredible. We had a very diverse selection at our table and all of us came away with the same conclusion. Simply the best. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.