Chart House Restaurant - Miami
51 Chart House Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (305) 856-9741
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Events can be hosted from 10-300 people. Inside and outside seating. Private Party Contact Jennifer Ubeda (305) 856-9741
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Miami
Located minutes from downtown Miami in the exclusive Coconut Grove area, Chart House offers superb waterfront views of Dinner Key Marina & Biscayne Bay from both the dining room and patio. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Miami - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Chart House Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (48)romantic (47)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Birthday Prime Rib on the waterFitzDined on 11/13/2014We usually walk up to the Coco Walk when we are docked at Dinner Key Marina, but after a week of seafood I thought I would surprise my husband with a prime rib dinner. We arrived early to enjoy the sunset. First time in years we have seen a salad bar at an upscale restaurant, and the offerings were fresh, although the top row was impossible for me to reach and a stretch even for my husband who is 5'10". He tried soup three ways and loved the gazpacho. His prime rib was excellent, and I enjoyed shrimp three ways. We shared the molten lava cake with a birthday candle. Our server Alan was very kind and attentive. We found the music selection tone not quite what we would prefer with a special dinner, better for a bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Setting on the WaterLawrenceofSuburbiaVIPDined on 11/8/2014I wanted to dine in Coconut Grove at a location that was walking distance from our hotel and also wanted a waterside table. The Chart House, part of an upscale chain fit that description. The setting is very lovely, the landscaping and design of this location are extremely well done. With a full moon rising over the bay, we had a lovely dining experience. The Parmesan crusted Snapper was the highlight - exceptionally well-prepared and the Grouper was very fresh and nicely done. We also shared a chopped salad that was also very good and not overdressed. The wine feature was nice and not terribly overpriced (as wines can often be).Special Features:
- The best restaurant at the groveCjo7Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent food great ambiance overall one of the best restaurants around .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, food okMia21Dined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed the scenic views of the marina on a beautiful morning. Unfortunately the food was not up to par. The brunch menu was very limited and the salad bar wasn't very appetizing. I was looking forward to a cappuccino and all they had to offer was american coffee. Service was great.Special Features:
- Emotional reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Our Dad passed away recently and this was his favorite restaurant. We wanted to celebrate his life at his favorite place. We really had an awesome time and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service and food. Beautiful views and atmosphere. A very pleasant evening as always. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great for a romantic date or small group dining. Restaurant located right by the ocean however next to a boat yard. Had decent view of the city and lots of boats. Waitress wasn't the best. Mixed up drink order and wrong tab. Food was a little over priced for amout. Had higher expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I reminded them three times there were 3 birthdays we were celebrating and they said they had a dessert they can bring, but nothing ever happened It was my twins birthday and my brothers 70th . Very disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent view & delicious foodAdamDined on 10/18/2014The view and sunset was incredible also the food was excellent and they even made a alfredo sauce from scratch for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!Star0776Dined on 10/17/2014The food, the view, the ambiance and everything in between made for an excellent anniversary dinner celebration! Had an excellent time and will be visiting The Chart House again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySaladDined on 10/17/2014Went here for our 2nd year anniversary. Food was incredible. Only negative was that after getting our dinner we saw a bunch of people with salad plates and our server never once mentioned anything about salad. It was obvious that we were new thereSpecial Features:
- Very MediocredissapointedDined on 10/12/2014Our waiter was very nice and apologetic but it took over an hour to get our food (some kind of problem in the kitchen-we never got a more detailed explanation) and when it came it was not very good. The filet mignon ordered medium was very overcooked & dry. The vegetable orzo was overcooked and sticky. Although the outside terrace has a nice view the poor food and service isn't worth the trip. The couple next to us walked out.
- Beautiful spot on the water.KateDined on 10/11/2014Nice place for happy hour. Good prices and selection. Had been ther 2 times for happy hour and service was good. But went for dinner and service was very slow. Overall. A very nice experience, recommend outdoor dining if possible!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was my favorite, but not anymore.MadaboutdiningDined on 10/9/2014We've been eating there for years and always enjoyed it. But the past two times we've been there, the service has been terrible. The food is still very good as well as the ambiance. I hate to complain but our waiter didn't seem to care what we wanted and he blamed it on the kitchen. I hate not coming back but I think we'll be going elsewhere.Special Features:
- Birthday successLuv2dineDined on 10/8/2014We picked Chart House from a list on the Internet called "Restaurants in Miami" to celebrate my friend's birthday! Great choice to make him feel special! It was a nice atmospher, not crowded and excellent food! I'll definitely eat at a Chart House again in the future. We were all from out of stae on vacation and not knowing the area we lucked out on an awesome restaurant with a fantastic view of the harbor and feel for Miami.Special Features:
- Great foodlivnloveDined on 10/5/2014The rib eye steak was great!!! well seasoned, and tender. mu daughter and I really loved the steak. The view was fantastic and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Poor service throughout. Started with lazy valet and ended with dessert taking 45 min after we finished our meals. We ordered the dessert with the entree, but waiter 'forgot'. No one said they were sorry. Too many employees that do not speak clear English.Special Features:
- Good foodBJW1Dined on 10/1/2014Got seated right away @ 6:30! Weren't many people at that time. Salad bar was expensive and salad needed to be changed out. Grouper tasted amazing but was small for the price you were paying. The melting cake took along time to be served even though were told the server we wanted when we ordered the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PookPookDined on 9/28/2014We figured this Chart restaurant would be the same as the one in the Washington DC area. The menu online was not the same at the restaurant.Special Features:
- VERY ROMANTICAsh30Dined on 9/27/2014The service and food was great and scenery was just awesome. Love the place!!!!Special Features:
- Coconut Grove Gem!!!WandaTVIPDined on 9/21/2014Recently we celebrated my mom's 80th birthday at this neighborhood gem and we has a ball! The hostess was very attentive in noticing that our group had grown in size and made immediate arrangements to accommodate us. Our waiter was spot on, he delivered each course with accuracy and punctuality! He was extremely polite and attentive as well. He constantly checked our table for additional requests and never had to be asked twice for anything! The scenic views were spectacular. The Chart House made this a most memorable occasion for all of us!!! Upon leaving the restaurant the south Florida rains were upon us and we were accommodated one last time, by the valet who accompanied each of our guest to their cars under his golf sized umbrella.Special Features:
- service was okbadserviceDined on 9/20/2014service was ok, restaurant was not that busy. I think they can do betterSpecial Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014This place has seen better days. The food and service were horrible. The only thing good about this restaurant is the location and view. Trust me just get drinks at the bar and call it a night. The food is not worth trying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The restaurant has not been renovated in decades. Its a shame that such a location has not been updated one bit.Special Features:
- Poor Managementluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014We waited over 1 hour for our meal to arrive. People were complaining about not receiving their orders. When we asked to take the balance of our meal home, we were told theyy ran out of bags. Also, we had to wait at the bar for our drink order because they did not have any clean glasses. Our waiter tried his best to calm the table, but it will be a long time before we would return...and we used to go there a lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent but service and ambience was just ok. The restaurant itself looks a little dated and it had a country club type feel rather than a high end restaurant. You would expect more for the price your paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House MiamiFrankBDined on 9/13/2014View was out of this world, service was excellent, and the food was very good and worth returning for.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.RolybarDined on 9/12/2014Plainly said, they were out of the first two things I ordered. This is on a Friday night, from the regular menu. Then my steak came out over charred and I ordered it medium rare, plus I asked for mashed potatoes and got wild rice. At least the lobster bisque was still phenomenal, albeit 20 minutes after I ordered it. This was a classic place to eat in Miami. Ocean side. Great food. Great service. The only thing left, is it's still scenic. I hate to say it, but the other reviews were right. Sad to say this was my final dining experience here.
- SOOO BAD! SAVE YOUR MONEY!SpgesqVIPDined on 9/7/2014My mother wanted to go for her 91st birthday (which they didn't acknowledge). I MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO GO AGAIN! The place is 80% empty and they made us wait. The waiter appeared frazzled and the service was horrible. I can't imagine what they do if it's busy. Food is overpriced and only poor to fair. WORST: I have gone to many fine Miami restaurants during Miami Spice and enjoyed wonderful full size meals. Chart House should be ashamed: the gazpacho came in a 2" diameter cup ("lunch portion" they said, although we were there for dinner). My snapper was overcooked. The chocolate molten lava dessert was half size (I've had it before for $10.99) and dried up. In all, it was a terrible experience AND I MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO RETURN.Special Features:
- Eat with a viewttumaDined on 9/6/2014The view is beautiful. The food was excellent, our server was fantastic and we had a terrific experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencegoodCHDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is perfectly located to enjoy a wonderful food, delicious food and very well selection for its menu. All food fresh and well done. Recommended for a familiar dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServicePrestonDined on 8/31/2014We waited about 20 minutes between courses and the place wasn't busy.
- Lovely evening!!BebacksoonDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were out to celebrate his birthday. There was a bottle of champagne at the table that had been sent by a friend for the occasion. The restaurant picked up on that and our menus read THE CHART HOUSE WISHES ROLANDO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It added to the specialness of the evening! My snapper and my husband's steak were perfect! The fried calamari was the best- sweet and tender with a yummy dipping sauce. We sat outside where the breeze and the water view sealed our lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Chart House met all my expectations! Super romantic, lovely, great staff, good food and loved loved the view of the bay and the boats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour not for Dining RoomHappyHourDinersDined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation online for Happy Hour and reserved a table with a great view. When we arrived at the restaurant, they did not have our request for a view. Despite our casual attire and two young children, they sat us in the dining room without telling us that Happy Hour did not apply in that room. Eventually we had to move to a different part of the restaurant to enjoy Happy Hour (great appetizer deals). Request to sit on the patio outside!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spice menu is servedLuvmiaspiceDined on 8/24/2014Great food. Wonderful view. The snapper in the Miami spice menu is a must-haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it Use to BeDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to Chart House for several years and unfortunately I will not be back. I wanted to take my family for the great food and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre but the prices are still the same. There was no ambiance but the view is still amazing. The service was good. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Early is betterKeeblerDined on 8/23/2014We arrived just before the "normal" dinner hour. We had a great table with a view, wonderfully attentive service. Getting there early allows you to see the city in the daylight and then watch the lights of the city come alive as the sun sets.Special Features:
- Service at bar so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Unfortunately service at bar took a while. Decided to have drinks before our reservation and took about 20 mins for anyone to serve us. Drinks were ok, but service was not greatSpecial Features:
- Just awfulGusJDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation on Saturday night at 10pm. We arrive and we had to wait for them to clean a table for us. The waiters were lost, all over the place and they seemed to be new. We ordered a double JW and a cocktail. My wife had the prix menu from the miami spice. I had an appetizer and ordered the "dynamite grouper" my plate looked like it was prepared by a 12 year old. Greasy and small. The lava cake was cold and had no lava at all. When the check came in it was the biggest surprise. 175$ with a prix menu. Next time I will be better of burning my money.