Chart House Restaurant - Miami
51 Chart House Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3058569741x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Events can be hosted from 10-300 people. Inside and outside seating. Private Party Contact Jennifer Ubeda (305) 856-9741
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Miami
Located minutes from downtown Miami in the exclusive Coconut Grove area, Chart House offers superb waterfront views of Dinner Key Marina & Biscayne Bay from both the dining room and patio. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (45)romantic (39)good for groups (17)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were out to celebrate his birthday. There was a bottle of champagne at the table that had been sent by a friend for the occasion. The restaurant picked up on that and our menus read THE CHART HOUSE WISHES ROLANDO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It added to the specialness of the evening! My snapper and my husband's steak were perfect! The fried calamari was the best- sweet and tender with a yummy dipping sauce. We sat outside where the breeze and the water view sealed our lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spice menu is servedLuvmiaspiceDined on 8/24/2014Great food. Wonderful view. The snapper in the Miami spice menu is a must-haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it Use to BeDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to Chart House for several years and unfortunately I will not be back. I wanted to take my family for the great food and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre but the prices are still the same. There was no ambiance but the view is still amazing. The service was good. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Early is betterKeeblerDined on 8/23/2014We arrived just before the "normal" dinner hour. We had a great table with a view, wonderfully attentive service. Getting there early allows you to see the city in the daylight and then watch the lights of the city come alive as the sun sets.Special Features:
- Service at bar so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Unfortunately service at bar took a while. Decided to have drinks before our reservation and took about 20 mins for anyone to serve us. Drinks were ok, but service was not greatSpecial Features:
- Just awfulGusJDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation on Saturday night at 10pm. We arrive and we had to wait for them to clean a table for us. The waiters were lost, all over the place and they seemed to be new. We ordered a double JW and a cocktail. My wife had the prix menu from the miami spice. I had an appetizer and ordered the "dynamite grouper" my plate looked like it was prepared by a 12 year old. Greasy and small. The lava cake was cold and had no lava at all. When the check came in it was the biggest surprise. 175$ with a prix menu. Next time I will be better of burning my money.
- TraditionAndreDined on 8/16/2014My family has been coming back To Chart House for Special occasions year after year. This time we tried their Miami Spice Menu and it was great. We got a window table and the view was beautiful. Hope to keep this family tradition alive for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentmcfadden295VIPDined on 8/14/2014Another great meal. I always enjoy going the The Chart House. The salad bar, as always, is a great way to compliment your meal. I usually go here for special occasions. You can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Not going backFrequentdinerDined on 8/9/2014It's been a long time and now I remember why. Poor service from maitre d', waiter, bartender and even manager. The food took so long the manager offered to pay for the appetizers. Instead, we asked to just bring them out. They could have easily offered us the salad bar to fill the time and tummies while we waited. Recommend that you find a different spot.
- Awful but Beautiful.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and has a great ambiance, but the Food was AWFUL and the service was terrible. Which is a shame because the restaurant is soon nice.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnermiamimomDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful views. Romantic, quiet atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went to celebrate his birthday. It was on a Wednesday. It was raining. The restaurant was quite empty, much to our surprise. Usually it's a packed house. The food was Amazing and the service was great. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicejmoleaDined on 7/27/2014Horrible Service, not fresh food, the restaurant was empty and now I know why, it is really bad in almost all the aspects, it looks like a lack of management.Special Features:
- Good Brunch - one year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Awesome place! I would deff go back or recommend to a bunch of people. The servers where on point and very polite to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerOdyLopDined on 7/21/2014We made reservations to have dinner for our 36th wedding anniversary. Our table was ready when we arrived and had the best water view like we requested. Our waitress was very attentive and the food was great. We recommend the lobster bisque, delicious! This place is so romantic and quiet, make sure you request a table next to the water, you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Florida CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014This is a beautiful place with an amazing view. Nothing terribly trendy, but all delicious and elegantly served. If you want to find a touch of "Old Florida" in Miami, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Wonderful place to have a great upscale meal. Great view and a nice upscale restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyc220Dined on 7/15/2014Our family and friends love the Chart House. My work friends and I often spent many a happy hour there, in pretty surroundings with beautiful views. The ambience is pleasant and allows for conversation. Our family loves the dinner menu, which includes a nice prix fixe option. It's our go-to place for out-of-town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyriderDined on 7/9/2014The bar area (lounge) had a musty smell and service was slow (happy hour red wine was of poor quality). Also decor in bar area needs updating. In the restaurant area, the food/service was good. It was my wife's birthday so the waiter had menu's celebrating her birthday. Also the desert with candle was a nice touch. Valet service was also good. The gentleman who parked our car was friendly and helpful (it was raining so he gave my wife an umbrella to use).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable and relaxing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014We had a great time, my guests enjoyed the beautiful view, we had dinner outdoor. The service and food was very good. We will definitely come back. The indoor dining room was extremely cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal at the Chart HouseDLDAmDined on 7/4/2014We knew the view would be amazing, after all, it is The Chart House, noted for scenic waterfront views. The Service was top notch and the food was delicious. The Chef delivered amazing flavors on each dish, beautifully prepared. A really memorable meal and would highly recommend this location in Miami, FL.Special Features:
- Great happy hour spotluv2dineinchicsgoDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed a quiet happy hour with a fantastic view of the bay, docked sailboats, and the downtown miami skyline. Appetizers were will priced. Fish tacos and prime rib sliders are a must. Happy hour wine choices were just okay but the well drink options were betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House, classy classic place!!jackVIPDined on 7/3/2014I have been going to the chart house since I was a young man, use to take girlfriends here when I was dating. Been married 16 years, now I come with my wife and kids, what a great place, please never go away or change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was tasteless and lukewarm. No view through foggy windows in the summer due to condensation from A/C. The salad bar was picked over and not clean in appearance. Other places in Miami to go.
- Chart House reincarnatedBroncoVIPDined on 6/28/2014I had not been to the Chart House here in about 15 years. It started out good but went downhill and I avoided it for a long time. I thought I would give it another shot. It was pretty good. We went early, 6:30 PM on a Saturday, and it was uncrowded and quiet. Appetizers and desserts were great. I had a shrimp dish that was quite tasty. The shrimp, however, could have been larger, a bit disappointing there. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable and food came out at a good pace. I would go back again before strongly endorsing. It's worth trying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart Your CoursesLuv2eatitallDined on 6/28/2014The choices of appetizers and specialty deep sea fish is terrific and you can even choose the salad bar with a main entree as a change up. Good selection of wine and variety of unique cocktails. Coupled with the unmatched geographical view, the dining experience is can be be charted from bow to stern and port to starboard at competitive pricing. Mud Cake is a treat and Lava Cake the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret!MissPittypat1983Dined on 6/21/2014We found The Chart House ad in the Miami Herald. I don't know how we had never heard of it before. Went to celebrate our son's birthday and had a great lunch. The view and food is perfect. Although our server was very nice, it was a little slow, however, it gave us more time to enjoy the view of boats and dolphins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic view but poor food serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We attended the restaurant for Father's Day. The location was excellent. The food, however, was costly and not entirely satisfactory. Our group of 4 had two persons eating only the salad bar and the other two ordered entrees. The salad bar had not only a number of bowls empty but had really very poor selection of salad items. We had to ask to add food in the empty bowls which was slow and one at a time (our group had a 2pm reservation). The entrees were served closed to 3pm (the two of us eating salad bars had long finished and had to wait for the entrees to arrive for the other two.) The salad bar area was messy. It was difficult to serve the items. All in all, a costly meal but not above fair in our opinion.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food is overpriced for the quality. I had the lobster omelet, and it contained a couple of tiny pieces of lobster. The food is not worth the money. I prefer to spend the same money, but somewhere else!!!
- Extremely disappointingLarryVIPDined on 6/14/2014I picked the restaurant for 4 reasons-close to event we attended; prior positive experience; celebrating Father's Day and heard it was being torn down.Special Features:
- Service/foodRFdinnerDined on 6/14/2014Although I use to visit this restaurant frequently, I do not think I will be going back anytime soon. The service was horrible. It took them 45 minutes to bring an appetizer and shortly after the food. The appetizer lacked taste and so did the main entree. The cook was burning the food as there was a strong scent of burning throughout the restaurant. Although waiter was very apologetic, it was a Fathers Day celebration that should have been compensated with drinks or dessert on the house.Special Features:
- Our serverNice16Dined on 6/2/2014She was fantastic! Very attentive and very pleasant. Extremely personable. She made the evening even more enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hot Date with a Cold MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary and was greeted with a friendly host. We received specially prepared menus with our names on them announcing our 10th year wedding anniversary. The waitress was very nice and the service was good however, they were shorthanded in the kitchen (we were told that there wasn't a chef in the kitchen was the cause for the delay) as we had to wait longer than normal for our salad and meal. When our meal finally arrived with the assistance of the host, the food had to be returned because it wasn't hot, only the plates. Aside from that, we enjoyed our dining at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PoorSorrywewentDined on 6/1/2014The prime rib was cold, the waiters were cussing behind the glass partician, could hear every woor
- good food, poor servicelmrbVIPDined on 5/30/2014I have been here a few times before while visiting my daughter at UM, The food is always good and consistent and you can almost always get a table. The service though can be disappointing and this last trip there was the worst it has been. I made reservations yet still had to wait 20 minutes for a table,, then I had to wait almost a half hour for my cocktail, Then I had almost finished my dinner before my wine arrived,, but the empty wine glass came 15 minutes before the carafe of wine, The restaurant was busy but not packed. Just not what you expect when the pricing is so high... Server barely spoke to us.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodForThoughtDined on 5/26/2014The food was delicious, the ambience was fantastic and the service was great! I would recommend this place to anyone coming down to Miami for good food and a quiet environment. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Chart HouseBearDined on 5/24/2014Overall we had a nice meal at the Chart House. We were surprised that the restaurant was not full on a Saturday night. The service was good and the people were very friendly. As there is free valet parking, it was nice not having to search for a garage or parking space.Special Features:
- It was just goodAvatarDined on 5/24/2014The food and service were not bad. However, it looks like the restaurant is not being managed very well. The bathrooms haven't been cleaned, no toilet paper, just gross. I'd rather go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Dissapointed with in the dinnerRoxanneDined on 5/17/2014I was really disappointed in the Snapper Hemingway. I have had it many times in the past, but the last few times I have been there it has not been good. Service was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- great viewLaraVIPDined on 5/14/2014lovely food, and fabulous view. Would recommend the chocolate lava cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.