Chart House Restaurant - Miami
51 Chart House Drive
Miami, FL 33133Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3058569741x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm Sunday: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Diego Solano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Events can be hosted from 10-300 people. Inside and outside seating. Private Party Contact Jennifer Ubeda (305) 856-9741
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Miami
Located minutes from downtown Miami in the exclusive Coconut Grove area, Chart House offers superb waterfront views of Dinner Key Marina & Biscayne Bay from both the dining room and patio. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Miami - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Chart House Restaurant - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (45)romantic (44)great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (10)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- service was okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014service was ok, restaurant was not that busy. I think they can do betterSpecial Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014This place has seen better days. The food and service were horrible. The only thing good about this restaurant is the location and view. Trust me just get drinks at the bar and call it a night. The food is not worth trying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The restaurant has not been renovated in decades. Its a shame that such a location has not been updated one bit.Special Features:
- Poor Managementluv2eatDined on 9/13/2014We waited over 1 hour for our meal to arrive. People were complaining about not receiving their orders. When we asked to take the balance of our meal home, we were told theyy ran out of bags. Also, we had to wait at the bar for our drink order because they did not have any clean glasses. Our waiter tried his best to calm the table, but it will be a long time before we would return...and we used to go there a lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent but service and ambience was just ok. The restaurant itself looks a little dated and it had a country club type feel rather than a high end restaurant. You would expect more for the price your paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House MiamiFrankBDined on 9/13/2014View was out of this world, service was excellent, and the food was very good and worth returning for.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.RolybarDined on 9/12/2014Plainly said, they were out of the first two things I ordered. This is on a Friday night, from the regular menu. Then my steak came out over charred and I ordered it medium rare, plus I asked for mashed potatoes and got wild rice. At least the lobster bisque was still phenomenal, albeit 20 minutes after I ordered it. This was a classic place to eat in Miami. Ocean side. Great food. Great service. The only thing left, is it's still scenic. I hate to say it, but the other reviews were right. Sad to say this was my final dining experience here.
- SOOO BAD! SAVE YOUR MONEY!SpgesqVIPDined on 9/7/2014My mother wanted to go for her 91st birthday (which they didn't acknowledge). I MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO GO AGAIN! The place is 80% empty and they made us wait. The waiter appeared frazzled and the service was horrible. I can't imagine what they do if it's busy. Food is overpriced and only poor to fair. WORST: I have gone to many fine Miami restaurants during Miami Spice and enjoyed wonderful full size meals. Chart House should be ashamed: the gazpacho came in a 2" diameter cup ("lunch portion" they said, although we were there for dinner). My snapper was overcooked. The chocolate molten lava dessert was half size (I've had it before for $10.99) and dried up. In all, it was a terrible experience AND I MUST REMEMBER NEVER TO RETURN.Special Features:
- Eat with a viewttumaDined on 9/6/2014The view is beautiful. The food was excellent, our server was fantastic and we had a terrific experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencegoodCHDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is perfectly located to enjoy a wonderful food, delicious food and very well selection for its menu. All food fresh and well done. Recommended for a familiar dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServicePrestonDined on 8/31/2014We waited about 20 minutes between courses and the place wasn't busy.
- Lovely evening!!BebacksoonDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were out to celebrate his birthday. There was a bottle of champagne at the table that had been sent by a friend for the occasion. The restaurant picked up on that and our menus read THE CHART HOUSE WISHES ROLANDO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It added to the specialness of the evening! My snapper and my husband's steak were perfect! The fried calamari was the best- sweet and tender with a yummy dipping sauce. We sat outside where the breeze and the water view sealed our lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Chart House met all my expectations! Super romantic, lovely, great staff, good food and loved loved the view of the bay and the boats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour not for Dining RoomHappyHourDinersDined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation online for Happy Hour and reserved a table with a great view. When we arrived at the restaurant, they did not have our request for a view. Despite our casual attire and two young children, they sat us in the dining room without telling us that Happy Hour did not apply in that room. Eventually we had to move to a different part of the restaurant to enjoy Happy Hour (great appetizer deals). Request to sit on the patio outside!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami spice menu is servedLuvmiaspiceDined on 8/24/2014Great food. Wonderful view. The snapper in the Miami spice menu is a must-haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it Use to BeDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014I hadn't been to Chart House for several years and unfortunately I will not be back. I wanted to take my family for the great food and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the food was mediocre but the prices are still the same. There was no ambiance but the view is still amazing. The service was good. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Early is betterKeeblerDined on 8/23/2014We arrived just before the "normal" dinner hour. We had a great table with a view, wonderfully attentive service. Getting there early allows you to see the city in the daylight and then watch the lights of the city come alive as the sun sets.Special Features:
- Service at bar so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014Unfortunately service at bar took a while. Decided to have drinks before our reservation and took about 20 mins for anyone to serve us. Drinks were ok, but service was not greatSpecial Features:
- Just awfulGusJDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation on Saturday night at 10pm. We arrive and we had to wait for them to clean a table for us. The waiters were lost, all over the place and they seemed to be new. We ordered a double JW and a cocktail. My wife had the prix menu from the miami spice. I had an appetizer and ordered the "dynamite grouper" my plate looked like it was prepared by a 12 year old. Greasy and small. The lava cake was cold and had no lava at all. When the check came in it was the biggest surprise. 175$ with a prix menu. Next time I will be better of burning my money.
- TraditionAndreDined on 8/16/2014My family has been coming back To Chart House for Special occasions year after year. This time we tried their Miami Spice Menu and it was great. We got a window table and the view was beautiful. Hope to keep this family tradition alive for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentmcfadden295VIPDined on 8/14/2014Another great meal. I always enjoy going the The Chart House. The salad bar, as always, is a great way to compliment your meal. I usually go here for special occasions. You can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Not going backFrequentdinerDined on 8/9/2014It's been a long time and now I remember why. Poor service from maitre d', waiter, bartender and even manager. The food took so long the manager offered to pay for the appetizers. Instead, we asked to just bring them out. They could have easily offered us the salad bar to fill the time and tummies while we waited. Recommend that you find a different spot.
- Awful but Beautiful.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and has a great ambiance, but the Food was AWFUL and the service was terrible. Which is a shame because the restaurant is soon nice.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnermiamimomDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful views. Romantic, quiet atmosphere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I went to celebrate his birthday. It was on a Wednesday. It was raining. The restaurant was quite empty, much to our surprise. Usually it's a packed house. The food was Amazing and the service was great. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicejmoleaDined on 7/27/2014Horrible Service, not fresh food, the restaurant was empty and now I know why, it is really bad in almost all the aspects, it looks like a lack of management.Special Features:
- Good Brunch - one year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Awesome place! I would deff go back or recommend to a bunch of people. The servers where on point and very polite to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerOdyLopDined on 7/21/2014We made reservations to have dinner for our 36th wedding anniversary. Our table was ready when we arrived and had the best water view like we requested. Our waitress was very attentive and the food was great. We recommend the lobster bisque, delicious! This place is so romantic and quiet, make sure you request a table next to the water, you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Florida CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014This is a beautiful place with an amazing view. Nothing terribly trendy, but all delicious and elegantly served. If you want to find a touch of "Old Florida" in Miami, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Wonderful place to have a great upscale meal. Great view and a nice upscale restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyc220Dined on 7/15/2014Our family and friends love the Chart House. My work friends and I often spent many a happy hour there, in pretty surroundings with beautiful views. The ambience is pleasant and allows for conversation. Our family loves the dinner menu, which includes a nice prix fixe option. It's our go-to place for out-of-town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyriderDined on 7/9/2014The bar area (lounge) had a musty smell and service was slow (happy hour red wine was of poor quality). Also decor in bar area needs updating. In the restaurant area, the food/service was good. It was my wife's birthday so the waiter had menu's celebrating her birthday. Also the desert with candle was a nice touch. Valet service was also good. The gentleman who parked our car was friendly and helpful (it was raining so he gave my wife an umbrella to use).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable and relaxing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014We had a great time, my guests enjoyed the beautiful view, we had dinner outdoor. The service and food was very good. We will definitely come back. The indoor dining room was extremely cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal at the Chart HouseDLDAmDined on 7/4/2014We knew the view would be amazing, after all, it is The Chart House, noted for scenic waterfront views. The Service was top notch and the food was delicious. The Chef delivered amazing flavors on each dish, beautifully prepared. A really memorable meal and would highly recommend this location in Miami, FL.Special Features:
- Great happy hour spotluv2dineinchicsgoDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed a quiet happy hour with a fantastic view of the bay, docked sailboats, and the downtown miami skyline. Appetizers were will priced. Fish tacos and prime rib sliders are a must. Happy hour wine choices were just okay but the well drink options were betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House, classy classic place!!jackVIPDined on 7/3/2014I have been going to the chart house since I was a young man, use to take girlfriends here when I was dating. Been married 16 years, now I come with my wife and kids, what a great place, please never go away or change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was tasteless and lukewarm. No view through foggy windows in the summer due to condensation from A/C. The salad bar was picked over and not clean in appearance. Other places in Miami to go.
- Chart House reincarnatedBroncoVIPDined on 6/28/2014I had not been to the Chart House here in about 15 years. It started out good but went downhill and I avoided it for a long time. I thought I would give it another shot. It was pretty good. We went early, 6:30 PM on a Saturday, and it was uncrowded and quiet. Appetizers and desserts were great. I had a shrimp dish that was quite tasty. The shrimp, however, could have been larger, a bit disappointing there. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable and food came out at a good pace. I would go back again before strongly endorsing. It's worth trying again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart Your CoursesLuv2eatitallDined on 6/28/2014The choices of appetizers and specialty deep sea fish is terrific and you can even choose the salad bar with a main entree as a change up. Good selection of wine and variety of unique cocktails. Coupled with the unmatched geographical view, the dining experience is can be be charted from bow to stern and port to starboard at competitive pricing. Mud Cake is a treat and Lava Cake the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret!MissPittypat1983Dined on 6/21/2014We found The Chart House ad in the Miami Herald. I don't know how we had never heard of it before. Went to celebrate our son's birthday and had a great lunch. The view and food is perfect. Although our server was very nice, it was a little slow, however, it gave us more time to enjoy the view of boats and dolphins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.