Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3217296558x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-11pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (106)romantic (64)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (32)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Wait for the RemodelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The restaurant is undergoing a remodel and paying top dollar to sit in a construction site is just not what I would have expected from The Chart House.
- Excellent foodBackbaydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014The Chart House never disappoints, with food or service. The only reason they didn't get an excellent rating is because the restaurant is under renovation, so the decor/atmosphere is less than normal. am excited to see the finished product, though, upon completion in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Thank tog for making our anniversary dinner a special one. Our menus were printed with a personalized wish for us. The service was great. I had the pan seared scallops and my date had the snapper Hemingway. We also had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer and lovely bottle of Savignion Blanc. Thank you! This restaurant is under renovation but overall it did not affect org dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for special occasionVieraVarmintDined on 10/17/2014I have been going to the Charthouse for special occasions for 11 years. Except for one Sunday brunch years ago I have never been disappointed. This restaurant makes a special time a very special time. Service is always top notch and I love the salad bar! Only place I know of where you can put anchovies on your Caesar salad. Special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discordantboisterousDined on 10/17/2014table proximity diminished our experience there was a loudmouth next table who never stopped. error in bill . inconsistency in food preparationSpecial Features:
- kurtDined on 10/15/2014over priced for what you get salad bar is now extra charge I hope I never go back good waitness
- birthday dinnerdjdjdjDined on 10/15/2014everything was excellent from the valet service, reservation, service attentive, surprise birthday cake topped it off. I would recommend for any special occasion. First rate all the way. The reason I picked the Chart House was for the crab imperial which is no longer on the menu, my only disappointment. thank youSpecial Features:
- maggieblDined on 10/13/2014Delicious early bird seafood specials and exceptional salad bar! Fantastic service--server attentive and personable. Valet parking a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch restaurantOkpacificDined on 10/13/2014Eating at The Chart is our favorite "go to" restaurant. They have exceptional valet service. The hostesses print your special occasion on the top of the menu, this was Mom's 83rd. The bar is currently under renovation along with the restaurant, thus the minus of 1 star. The bar maid was attentive as we awaited our seats and remaining guests. Our seat was comfortable, white table clothes as expected with quality serve wear. The food, exceptional. A couple of us ordered the Parm crusted Salmon with cream potatoes and a side of cream spinach. One ordered the Parm crusted Cod, another swordfish and Mom, a filet. All were exceptionally delicious. We are excited to see the new changes as they raise the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 10/12/2014We have always loved the Chart House. The food and service is excellent. The view of the river breathtaking. What makes it especially nice is the dress code. You can dress up if you want but you can also come in shorts. Perfect for the Florida lifestyle. Dinner was a birthday celebration for my daughter of which I informed the Chart House beforehand. They recognized her day with a birthday wish in the menu and dessert with a candle. I highly recommend going to the Chart House if you have never gone before. In my opinion the best restaurant in town for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolphin taleMystereVIPDined on 10/12/2014Seated by the window we enjoyed several dolphins frolicking in the lagoon. Oh, the food was good too. Great salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 10/8/2014We had a lovely dinner on our anniversary. Food was delicious and well prepared. Good timing between the courses. Didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinerBuckVIPDined on 10/6/2014We showed up later in the evening for as quiet dinner. Love the salad bar. Had the Prime rib, It was tender and cooked perfectly. My husband had the Chicken and he loved it. We will be c=back when we return in the fallSpecial Features:
- Excellent!MoMagnumDined on 10/3/2014It was our first time at Chart House and every one of the staff made sure we were accounted for while we were waiting for a window table. The service was superb and the Port Wine Glazed Grouper was out of this world. I would recommend this place to any couple looking to go out for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAYLDined on 9/29/2014Food was good as always. Noise level was exceptionally high this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBabetteDined on 9/27/2014We expected a fine dining experience. Apps were very good. Entrees quite ordinary. Service rushed. No reorder for drinks. Request for lemons forgotten. Side order forgotten. Not special.
- Chart House MelbourneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This is always a great go to for dinner. Great for special occasions or client dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterCook55Dined on 9/27/2014This is the second time at this restaurant. Staff and management, valet, etc very friendly and courteous. Good looking restaurant on the water. The first time there we saw dolphins swimming outside the window!! Food was great!! Selection was plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!KweitVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chart House is the place in Brevard County for the very best in service, ambiance and menu. The restaurant manager Bill is always there to greet you and check on how things are going - I would not dine at any other restaurant for seafood. The caviar on the salad bar is my favorite!!!! LOVE IT!!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was very good and Melissa was a great server! We loved the chopped spinach salad and the snapper. The wine was a little pricey. Next time we will probably bring our own bottle and pay the corkage fee. Definitely a place to return to!Special Features:
- Party of SixPartyofSixDined on 9/14/2014POSITIVES: We were celebrating a bday & nicely surprised to see a personal greeting printed @ the tops of all of our menus. We were given them as keepsakes on our way out; rolled up & tied w/ ribbon - simply from mentioning in comments section of online reservation that we would be celebrating a bday. NEGATIVES: lipstick blotted from previous diner on the edge of tablecloth & an unkempt ladies room. A WELL ATTENDED LADIES ROOM IS AN IMPORTANT - & ALL TOO OFTEN OVERLOOKED - PART OF THE EXPERIENCE. 2 guests in our party were served steaks cooked opposite of how they were ordered. In compensation, our dessert was deducted from bill w/o having to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food beautiful spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great and our waitress was very attentive. I loved the view and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was a great evening. The lights could have been a bit dimmer for romantic dates. Seating could have accommodated couples on a date from families.Special Features:
- Great DiningEddieandLouiseDined on 9/11/2014Dined at the Chart House for the first time on our Anniversary and was very pleased with our evening. Service was great, food was gourmet! We would definitely return for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chart YetHodgesVIPDined on 9/10/2014We have one at home and have been consistently underwhelmed but this Charthouse is beautiful with a fantastic setting on the water. good service and well prepared food. The ambiance is really the thing here--water views from almost every vantage point even if not seated at the window. The fact that you can be well taken care of and enjoy a nice meal...and I failed to mention I had to change the reservation 3 times because our group kept growing and still exceeded my reservation count by the time we arrived and they handily accommodated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayboyDined on 9/10/2014Food is excellent and view is spectacular.I did not like the forced valet parking for which I could see no reason. It only served to delay our leaving as other parties were leaving at the same time. I could see my car about 10 yards from the entrance but had to waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outNashvilleGirlDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed dinner at the Chart House. The service was terrific and the food was very good. My husband had the prime rib and said it was as good as any he'd ever had at a restaurant. I had lobster bisque and the snapper. The bisque was very, very good, but really didn't have much lobster in it. The snapper was cooked perfectly. Overall, dinner was better than expected, and the view was magnificent. The only things I would change have more to do with how the restaurant is managed - like the waitresses pushing Landry's Select Club. Having a dinner reservation doesn't make any difference; you still have to wait on a table when you get there (this was on a Tuesday night). Also, the mandatory valet parking is just kind of weird.Special Features:
- Great dinner!JakeDined on 9/8/2014We always love the Chart House in Melbourne but this was extra! Not only did we have a window table but the tuna tartare appetizer was great. Then on to the Gazpacho Grouper- one of our favs and it didn't disappoint again! We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Small Group DiningDaisyLuDined on 9/5/2014We had a small group and enjoyed an evening of conversation and EXCELLENT food!! The service was really good --- the staff was attentive and very willing to be sure our experience was FABULOUS!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchFancyNancyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I do not live in Melbourne so when visiting I always go to the Chart House. The food and service is always top notch. We were celebrating my fathers birthday. It was a very nice afternoon, he had Eggs Benedict and I had some clam chowder and the shrimp and lobster rolls. Everything was great except the rolls. The were filled with way too much filler and hardly any shrimp or lobster. First time I was ever disappointed at the Chart House, just will not order that again. Otherwise it was a very nice brunch!Special Features:
- Food good, service needs improvingJimboDined on 8/30/2014I would only encourage the Chart House to work harder to make sure all the food comes out at once. Serving side dishes when the meal is 75% eaten is frustrating. Three of my last four visits have had serious service snafus.Special Features:
- ExcellentgrtplaceDined on 8/29/2014The Chart House is one of the best resaturants in the Melbourne area. It is right on the Indian River Lagoon so has a fantastic view. The food is excellent and every time we go, the wait staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningDR25Dined on 8/28/2014Ashley our waitress and Mac our Valet were great, Service was outstanding. The meals and Calamari appetizer could not have been prepared better, the Macadamia encrusted Grouper was Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodanonDined on 8/26/2014I had to put very good rather than outstanding food because my friend's short ribs and mashed potatoes were a bit dry and there were only 2 scallops (new surf & turf entree). They tasted nice, though. My swordfish was outstanding, as was the hot lava cake.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I have gone to the Chat House every year on our anniversary. They go out of their way to make it private, customize our menus, and deliver great service. A continued favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and Turf coupleSteakloverDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my 64th birthday here. As always, service was excellent. The manager came by to wish me a happy birthday. My mud pie dessert had a lit candle on it. Thankfully, they didn't sing! The view of the sailboats returning to the harbor at dusk is wonderful. My husband had prime rib w/mashed potatoes & Caesar salad - he said it was perfectly cooked & delicious. I had coconut shrimp w/coconut ginger rice & the amazing salad bar. I'm not a "foodie" and my less-than-perfect score for the food is because I'm not fond of the sides that come with seafood - vegetable orzo or ginger rice, and the rolls were cold and a little tough. Restaurant seemed noisier than usual, but it was a Saturday evening, and we came at 6PM rather than our usual 5 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose another Location!!!!!!MichaelD53VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not quite the standard of other Chart House's I have had the pleasure of dining in my travels. We were celebrating my Girlfriend's Mother's birthday and excited to dine here as we have shared much success in other Chart house locations. Clearly not the case here as both the service and food quality were sub standard. Birthday girl very excited for the Prime Rib but unfortunately was LOADED with fat and gristle and too tough to cut with their sharp steak knives. Lava Cake was the only thing good consumed this evening. We will certainly go to Steak &Lobster in Melbourne Beach the next time for her birthday or any other special occasion and stick with Jacksonville, Boston and New Jersey the next time we visit Chart House for dining.Special Features:
- The best in Melbourne - FLVlaVisitingMelbourneDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing, waiter and people who works in the restaurant are excellent professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRocketmanDined on 8/16/2014Love this place! Food is greaT and the service is excellent. We celebrated our 35 wedding date there and the people made it very special!Special Features:
- ConsistentfloridagirlDined on 8/16/2014I like Chart House because it is always consistent in its food and service. I also love the salad bar and the early bird menu.Special Features: