Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (321) 729-6558
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-11pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (112)special occasion (97)romantic (51)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (26)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Average Food with an Above Average CostAverageFoodDined on 11/21/2014For a restaurant rated as high as this place we expected the food to be a sure bet or at least better than average. The food was good but only average as compared to other seafood resturaunt (which are in the area and also on the water) that we have eaten at for half the price. Overall the experiance was good but there was nothing special about any of the dishes that we tried. Recommend trying other places on the water that are nearby.Special Features:
- Was our favorite!JakeDined on 11/17/2014Been going to the Chart House for more than 14 years and have always loved it! The food was great the other night but the new remodel result has really turned us off. It is too crowded and tables too close together. The bar has no separation from the restaurant, which it did before. It was very noisy due to it being one huge room with no partitions to baffle the noise or create an atmosphere where one could have a nice dinner and conversation. Very disappointed in the "new" Chart House.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014I booked our table on line and requested a window table at 5:30. I also stated that it was our 29th Anniversary. We usually go to The Grand Floridian's restaurant, "Victoria and Albert's", for our anniversary but decided we didn't want to drive to Orlando. We should have! We did not get a window table. We didn't get anything except our order, which was a nice meal. Afterward I mentioned going to "The Chart House" for our anniversary and the person said, Oh, did you get the special menu printed up for you, etc.,etc. I said no, they didn't do anything special. She suggested I write to you and when I got home I received this review request in my email. We won't be going back anytime soon.
- Wedding AnniversarywilmamariemichaelmarianeeDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant was very attentive of this special occasion with requested seating, dessert on the house and a memorabilia keepsake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful CelebrationDet765Dined on 11/15/2014The family enjoyed an amazing dinner celebrating Brian's Birthday. He was impressed with the personalized menu wishing Brian a "Happy Birthday". Our server, Melissa, was so very attentive, answering all our questions and taking care of each and everyone. The evening began with wine and drinks followed by the delicious salad bar. Our entrees were cooked to perfection. The chocolate lava cake was fun adorned with a candle. We all agreed, the Chart House is the place for a fantastic celebration evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visituab1991Dined on 11/14/2014The food and service here are always the best. Our server was Mary and she was fantastic! The chocolate lava cake is a must on every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotJaneDined on 11/13/2014The Chart Room is always good. However on this visit they were renovating so the atmosphere was not as good as usual. Wait until they are done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cod DishKMLBRobinDined on 11/11/2014Absolutely the best-tasting cod we have ever had, and we're frequent diner-outers. The cod and stir-fried string beans alongside were perfectly done and positively delicious. The renovation construction work was obvious all around us, but did not in the least detract from our dinner experience.Special Features:
- Worth driving 80 milesColoradoMikeVIPDined on 11/9/2014Fabulous food. Service and attitude from Melissa was engaging and professional. New renovation much welcomed. Water views, dolphins, ducks, sailboats, rowing crews....it has it all.Special Features:
- Major Disappointment- Will Not Return2UnhappyCustomersDined on 11/7/2014I was very disappointed with my first experience at The Chart House (in Melbourne) and I will not be returning. From the moment I walked in, I realized I was not going to have the romantic evening I was hoping for. The restaurant was under renovation and a mess with carpet dug up, paint all over the walls, etc. This wasn't mentioned anywhere on their website where I booked the reservation and I was debating on leaving as the ambiance I was looking for was not there. Since we drove 30 minutes, we decided to stay only to find out the window seat I had requested in the reservation was not available and we were going to have to wait 30 minutes. We ended up sitting in a booth and upon ordering found out they were out of the items we were looking for.. not just one item, but both. The server was not pleasant either to top it all off. Needless to say, it was not a good first impression and I was very disappointed as it was not the nice romantic evening I was hoping for with my spouse. Both of us were extremely unhappy with the whole experience.
- A night of fine dinningrnhdinersDined on 11/7/2014The Chart house was a very nice place. The wait staff were extremely pleasant and willing to help with great enthusiasm and kindness. Our Calamari appetizers were outstanding, as well as our Cesar salads. Our main courses were the shrimp platter (coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and crab stuff shrimp), which was divine, and the New Wave Surf and Turf (short ribs, scallops, and veggies), which was not so divine. The scallops were under cooked and the short ribs tasted like fat with no meat. At $32.50 for the plate, it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The scallops were excellent however I could not eat the full portion. I took the remaining scallops home and my spouse thru them in the garbage because they were not consumed the following day.. I need to order a smaller portion next visit. My wife enjoyed the Raw Oyster's and her salad. Rachel our waitress was super and very friendly. Looking forward to the re-modeling of restaurant to be completed. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compared to NOLANOLAKIDDined on 11/2/2014Good food and average service. There were times when we didn't see our waiter for awhile. In his defense it was busy and he was very pleasant and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try somewhere elsecheeks314VIPDined on 10/31/2014horrible, from the construction to service and food ~ should have left.
- consistent diningDebpac1Dined on 10/27/2014We made a reservation on Open Table 15 min before and were honored our time and seated quickly. Unfortunately the ambiance in the restaurant is always LOUD and crowded! They were undergoing remodeling during our visit. I would hope they are making their entry/reception area bigger as there was, and in the past too, always people standing in the way, talking, milling about, waiting for a table with no place to sit or stand. They were so busy when we walked in that no one acknowledged me at the front desk. A simple nod or gesture or a quick glance saying "I'll be right with you, pardon me for the delay" would have been nice. So the reception area needs a lot of work in both space and protocol in the correct way to greet guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualGoodsmillDined on 10/24/2014Great food. We have eaten here many times. This time the service was slow and that made for a so so experience. We will eat here again...and hope for the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be up front with guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I recently moved to the area and I was told by a friend that The Chart House would be a great place for a romantic dinner. My wife and I were going out for the first time after the birth of our child. I was excited to surprise her with a romantic evening however, I was floored when we walked in. I understand that in order for restaurants to improve there needs to be cosmetic changes, but guests should be made aware of this when they make a reservation. Instead of the window seat, which I requested, we were sat in a narrow area beside drywall. We attempted to wait for the window seat but we felt pressured by the hostess to take a different table. Although the setting was less then satisfactory, the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- wonderful romantic eveninglovebirdsstlDined on 10/24/2014We arrived a bit late due to traffic but the staff didn't miss a bit. They welcomed us with kindness. We were celebrating a special occasion and they just made the night wonderful by taking photos, serving our food, congratulating us, etc. My boyfriend use to run several businesses so he is very picky when it comes to customer service he was very impressed with the service we had. The food was just awesome and the view was gorgeous. We barely even knew the place was in a remodeling state. I looked for a fine dining restaurant in the area before our vacation for hours making phone calls and sending emails. I am very very pleased we chose Chart House.Special Features:
- Another Great Mealoldbidder1Dined on 10/20/2014We had the Cod and Prime Rib and loved both our meals. The salad bar is awesome and one of the main reasons we go every Monday night when we're in town. The view is great and our waiter Tom is the best! Oh yeah we also loved the mud pie...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's hard to give a good rating....175reinaDined on 10/19/2014My husband & I saved our hard earned $$$ to go to the well known chart house for our romantic anniversary dinner only to discover there was very little romance in a place under construction. When I made the reservation online it didn't mention the place was being remodeled at all. We feel if we are going to spend close to $200 for a meal we prefer the restaurant to be exceptional, not dry wall paint patches everywhere. Also, when we arrived we gave our name and were called "Bergin." I had to correct the hostess and then she had to change our menus to the preprinted anniversary ones they had ready for us. (That was a nice touch, once we got to the table & read the top of the menus).
- Wait for the RemodelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The restaurant is undergoing a remodel and paying top dollar to sit in a construction site is just not what I would have expected from The Chart House.
- 10-19 brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We went for wife's birthday. They put a special note at the top of the menu which was nice. The calamari app was good. I wasn't impressed with the smoked salmon eggs Benedict. Salad bar was ok, nothing extremely exciting. My wife had the shrimp fresca (I think that's what it was called) and she loved it. Nice people, great view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Always the best salad bar in the country! Our first time for Sunday Brunch! Amazing menu, great Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBackbaydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014The Chart House never disappoints, with food or service. The only reason they didn't get an excellent rating is because the restaurant is under renovation, so the decor/atmosphere is less than normal. am excited to see the finished product, though, upon completion in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeechGirl25Dined on 10/18/2014Thank tog for making our anniversary dinner a special one. Our menus were printed with a personalized wish for us. The service was great. I had the pan seared scallops and my date had the snapper Hemingway. We also had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer and lovely bottle of Savignion Blanc. Thank you! This restaurant is under renovation but overall it did not affect org dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th Year Wedding Anniversary!MBellDined on 10/17/2014The nite started out great - but 20 min in to us being seated - the lights went out and we were told to leave ! We spent gas money driving there and had to spend additional gas money to search for another nice place to celebrate our wedding anniversary - by the time we drove around looking for another place to go-the only place that were open were dives and small bars !The nite was horrible and our special nite was ruined !Special Features:
- Special place for special occasionVieraVarmintDined on 10/17/2014I have been going to the Charthouse for special occasions for 11 years. Except for one Sunday brunch years ago I have never been disappointed. This restaurant makes a special time a very special time. Service is always top notch and I love the salad bar! Only place I know of where you can put anchovies on your Caesar salad. Special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discordantboisterousDined on 10/17/2014table proximity diminished our experience there was a loudmouth next table who never stopped. error in bill . inconsistency in food preparationSpecial Features:
- kurtDined on 10/15/2014over priced for what you get salad bar is now extra charge I hope I never go back good waitness
- birthday dinnerdjdjdjDined on 10/15/2014everything was excellent from the valet service, reservation, service attentive, surprise birthday cake topped it off. I would recommend for any special occasion. First rate all the way. The reason I picked the Chart House was for the crab imperial which is no longer on the menu, my only disappointment. thank youSpecial Features:
- maggieblDined on 10/13/2014Delicious early bird seafood specials and exceptional salad bar! Fantastic service--server attentive and personable. Valet parking a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch restaurantOkpacificDined on 10/13/2014Eating at The Chart is our favorite "go to" restaurant. They have exceptional valet service. The hostesses print your special occasion on the top of the menu, this was Mom's 83rd. The bar is currently under renovation along with the restaurant, thus the minus of 1 star. The bar maid was attentive as we awaited our seats and remaining guests. Our seat was comfortable, white table clothes as expected with quality serve wear. The food, exceptional. A couple of us ordered the Parm crusted Salmon with cream potatoes and a side of cream spinach. One ordered the Parm crusted Cod, another swordfish and Mom, a filet. All were exceptionally delicious. We are excited to see the new changes as they raise the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 10/12/2014We have always loved the Chart House. The food and service is excellent. The view of the river breathtaking. What makes it especially nice is the dress code. You can dress up if you want but you can also come in shorts. Perfect for the Florida lifestyle. Dinner was a birthday celebration for my daughter of which I informed the Chart House beforehand. They recognized her day with a birthday wish in the menu and dessert with a candle. I highly recommend going to the Chart House if you have never gone before. In my opinion the best restaurant in town for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolphin taleMystereVIPDined on 10/12/2014Seated by the window we enjoyed several dolphins frolicking in the lagoon. Oh, the food was good too. Great salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 10/8/2014We had a lovely dinner on our anniversary. Food was delicious and well prepared. Good timing between the courses. Didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinerBuckVIPDined on 10/6/2014We showed up later in the evening for as quiet dinner. Love the salad bar. Had the Prime rib, It was tender and cooked perfectly. My husband had the Chicken and he loved it. We will be c=back when we return in the fallSpecial Features:
- Excellent!MoMagnumDined on 10/3/2014It was our first time at Chart House and every one of the staff made sure we were accounted for while we were waiting for a window table. The service was superb and the Port Wine Glazed Grouper was out of this world. I would recommend this place to any couple looking to go out for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAYLDined on 9/29/2014Food was good as always. Noise level was exceptionally high this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBabetteDined on 9/27/2014We expected a fine dining experience. Apps were very good. Entrees quite ordinary. Service rushed. No reorder for drinks. Request for lemons forgotten. Side order forgotten. Not special.
- Chart House MelbourneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This is always a great go to for dinner. Great for special occasions or client dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.