Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3217296558x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-10pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (109)romantic (61)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (28)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- DisappointedBabetteDined on 9/27/2014We expected a fine dining experience. Apps were very good. Entrees quite ordinary. Service rushed. No reorder for drinks. Request for lemons forgotten. Side order forgotten. Not special.
- On the waterCook55Dined on 9/27/2014This is the second time at this restaurant. Staff and management, valet, etc very friendly and courteous. Good looking restaurant on the water. The first time there we saw dolphins swimming outside the window!! Food was great!! Selection was plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was very good and Melissa was a great server! We loved the chopped spinach salad and the snapper. The wine was a little pricey. Next time we will probably bring our own bottle and pay the corkage fee. Definitely a place to return to!Special Features:
- Party of SixPartyofSixDined on 9/14/2014POSITIVES: We were celebrating a bday & nicely surprised to see a personal greeting printed @ the tops of all of our menus. We were given them as keepsakes on our way out; rolled up & tied w/ ribbon - simply from mentioning in comments section of online reservation that we would be celebrating a bday. NEGATIVES: lipstick blotted from previous diner on the edge of tablecloth & an unkempt ladies room. A WELL ATTENDED LADIES ROOM IS AN IMPORTANT - & ALL TOO OFTEN OVERLOOKED - PART OF THE EXPERIENCE. 2 guests in our party were served steaks cooked opposite of how they were ordered. In compensation, our dessert was deducted from bill w/o having to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food beautiful spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great and our waitress was very attentive. I loved the view and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was a great evening. The lights could have been a bit dimmer for romantic dates. Seating could have accommodated couples on a date from families.Special Features:
- Great DiningEddieandLouiseDined on 9/11/2014Dined at the Chart House for the first time on our Anniversary and was very pleased with our evening. Service was great, food was gourmet! We would definitely return for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chart YetHodgesVIPDined on 9/10/2014We have one at home and have been consistently underwhelmed but this Charthouse is beautiful with a fantastic setting on the water. good service and well prepared food. The ambiance is really the thing here--water views from almost every vantage point even if not seated at the window. The fact that you can be well taken care of and enjoy a nice meal...and I failed to mention I had to change the reservation 3 times because our group kept growing and still exceeded my reservation count by the time we arrived and they handily accommodated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayboyDined on 9/10/2014Food is excellent and view is spectacular.I did not like the forced valet parking for which I could see no reason. It only served to delay our leaving as other parties were leaving at the same time. I could see my car about 10 yards from the entrance but had to waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outNashvilleGirlDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed dinner at the Chart House. The service was terrific and the food was very good. My husband had the prime rib and said it was as good as any he'd ever had at a restaurant. I had lobster bisque and the snapper. The bisque was very, very good, but really didn't have much lobster in it. The snapper was cooked perfectly. Overall, dinner was better than expected, and the view was magnificent. The only things I would change have more to do with how the restaurant is managed - like the waitresses pushing Landry's Select Club. Having a dinner reservation doesn't make any difference; you still have to wait on a table when you get there (this was on a Tuesday night). Also, the mandatory valet parking is just kind of weird.Special Features:
- Great dinner!JakeDined on 9/8/2014We always love the Chart House in Melbourne but this was extra! Not only did we have a window table but the tuna tartare appetizer was great. Then on to the Gazpacho Grouper- one of our favs and it didn't disappoint again! We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Small Group DiningDaisyLuDined on 9/5/2014We had a small group and enjoyed an evening of conversation and EXCELLENT food!! The service was really good --- the staff was attentive and very willing to be sure our experience was FABULOUS!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchFancyNancyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I do not live in Melbourne so when visiting I always go to the Chart House. The food and service is always top notch. We were celebrating my fathers birthday. It was a very nice afternoon, he had Eggs Benedict and I had some clam chowder and the shrimp and lobster rolls. Everything was great except the rolls. The were filled with way too much filler and hardly any shrimp or lobster. First time I was ever disappointed at the Chart House, just will not order that again. Otherwise it was a very nice brunch!Special Features:
- Food good, service needs improvingJimboDined on 8/30/2014I would only encourage the Chart House to work harder to make sure all the food comes out at once. Serving side dishes when the meal is 75% eaten is frustrating. Three of my last four visits have had serious service snafus.Special Features:
- ExcellentgrtplaceDined on 8/29/2014The Chart House is one of the best resaturants in the Melbourne area. It is right on the Indian River Lagoon so has a fantastic view. The food is excellent and every time we go, the wait staff is very friendly. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningDR25Dined on 8/28/2014Ashley our waitress and Mac our Valet were great, Service was outstanding. The meals and Calamari appetizer could not have been prepared better, the Macadamia encrusted Grouper was Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodanonDined on 8/26/2014I had to put very good rather than outstanding food because my friend's short ribs and mashed potatoes were a bit dry and there were only 2 scallops (new surf & turf entree). They tasted nice, though. My swordfish was outstanding, as was the hot lava cake.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I have gone to the Chat House every year on our anniversary. They go out of their way to make it private, customize our menus, and deliver great service. A continued favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and Turf coupleSteakloverDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my 64th birthday here. As always, service was excellent. The manager came by to wish me a happy birthday. My mud pie dessert had a lit candle on it. Thankfully, they didn't sing! The view of the sailboats returning to the harbor at dusk is wonderful. My husband had prime rib w/mashed potatoes & Caesar salad - he said it was perfectly cooked & delicious. I had coconut shrimp w/coconut ginger rice & the amazing salad bar. I'm not a "foodie" and my less-than-perfect score for the food is because I'm not fond of the sides that come with seafood - vegetable orzo or ginger rice, and the rolls were cold and a little tough. Restaurant seemed noisier than usual, but it was a Saturday evening, and we came at 6PM rather than our usual 5 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose another Location!!!!!!MichaelD53VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not quite the standard of other Chart House's I have had the pleasure of dining in my travels. We were celebrating my Girlfriend's Mother's birthday and excited to dine here as we have shared much success in other Chart house locations. Clearly not the case here as both the service and food quality were sub standard. Birthday girl very excited for the Prime Rib but unfortunately was LOADED with fat and gristle and too tough to cut with their sharp steak knives. Lava Cake was the only thing good consumed this evening. We will certainly go to Steak &Lobster in Melbourne Beach the next time for her birthday or any other special occasion and stick with Jacksonville, Boston and New Jersey the next time we visit Chart House for dining.Special Features:
- The best in Melbourne - FLVlaVisitingMelbourneDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing, waiter and people who works in the restaurant are excellent professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRocketmanDined on 8/16/2014Love this place! Food is greaT and the service is excellent. We celebrated our 35 wedding date there and the people made it very special!Special Features:
- ConsistentfloridagirlDined on 8/16/2014I like Chart House because it is always consistent in its food and service. I also love the salad bar and the early bird menu.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Sub-par ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent, as usual, however the service left a lot to be desired. The waiter was extremely slow to refill my water, which is surprising given the amount of money we were spending elsewhere (appetizers, entree, desert, cocktails). He forgot to bring us the side of creamed spinach (very good btw) we had ordered in addition to our entrees. By the time we received it, we were almost completely done eating. It seemed like our server was more attentive to other patrons in his area but that could have been due to age differences (we're younger) or amount of wine being purchased (we don't drink wine). All in all, the lack of attention by the server soured the experience and certainly will affect our dining choice in the future.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerRestaurantaddictDined on 8/15/2014We dine at Chart House every 3 months or so and they never disappoint. The service and food were impeccable.Special Features:
- great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Johnathan is a wonderful waiter he made our experience extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service/FoodRAYLDined on 8/11/2014The parmesan encrusted cod was excellent as well as was the prime rib. The service was superior and kudos to the restaurant for acknowledging our 41st anniversary on the top of the menu. I would recommend the Chart House for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure, will return soongoodfoodDined on 8/11/2014We have been going to "a" Chart House for years........up and down the east coast. We are happy to say that this Chart House "Melbourne" is the BEST. We are now living here in Florida and happy to be able to go to "our favorite" eating spot......anytime we want!Special Features:
- Best of the best in Brevard County.AlexDined on 8/10/2014Your service with wait staff and valet has improved greatly yet you should focus more on the kitchen/chef/staff. Meals are good yet the prime has been delivered cool not hot and whoever cuts the steak from the roast is terrible with a knife. Uneven cuts..thick on one end, thin on the other and they appear to be reducing portion size yet the price continues to climb. Fix it with training needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again a Great ExperienceGreatMealinMLBFLDined on 8/10/2014We have been going to Chart House for over 20 years and each time it is a great experience.Special Features:
- what a waste!NobodyDined on 8/8/2014the location is fantastic, by the water and the service is wonderful. no need for parking valet but you have to use it. the food is regular food, not great, menu items you will find anywhere at a price you wońt find everywhere! Way to expensive! Save yourself time and money, try something else!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Service is always grat. Ambience also. Attentive but not overly so. Food was prepared well.Special Features:
- OutstandingCookieDined on 8/7/2014I always enjoy the food and service experience at the Chart House. You have personalized service (from bartenders Jeff and Kim) to server, Donny. Food is fresh, delicious, and graciously served. And you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Dining at it's finestDianeCDined on 8/5/2014The Prime Rib and Loaded Baked Potato I ordered was by far the best meal I've ever had, ever... So tender and delicious and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend!! The service was fantastic, everyone was very friendly. What made our dining experience even more special was the beautiful ocean view and sea life activity.Special Features:
- Why Keep us waiting ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Every time we visit the Chart House Melbourne we are kept waiting at the front desk even though we arrive on-time and our table is ready. Everything else always good. Just the Front of House people. Sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BirthdayFoodiesDined on 8/4/2014The food was superb as usual,portions are also very generous, and the service attentive and professional. It was my wife's birthday and the restaurant accommodated our window seat request. A very nice surprise was, when they also brought over a slice of mud pie with candle. We always have a very good experience at the Chart House and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion placelavacakeDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I celebrate our special occasions at The Chart House. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYrhighness23Dined on 7/27/2014Dinner @ the Chart House of Melbourne was a great touch to a great celebration. My husband and I went to Melbourne to celebrate our one year anniversary. We had a nice dinner, waiter and personalized menus wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It was a special touch that we were able to keep the menus and as keepsakes. Thank you Chart House of Melbourne for such a great night!Special Features:
- Always a Nice experiencetravelboundDined on 7/27/2014Another lovely early dinner on a Sunday afternoon. Early Dining with the salad bar included is the best value. Great views of the river and it's wildlife. The always friendly staff makes this a welcoming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantNicoleDined on 7/27/2014Overall a pretty nice restaurant. The service wasn't all that great. The server tried to take away plates while we were still eating, it made us feel rushed. The Steak was a bit tough. The view to the river was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.