Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
2250 Front Street
Melbourne, FL 32901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3217296558x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday : 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-10pm; Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm. Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne
Experience breathtaking views of the Indian River while you dine leisurely at Chart House. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Chart House Restaurant - Melbourne reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (141)special occasion (132)romantic (73)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (38)good for groups (26)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I have gone to the Chat House every year on our anniversary. They go out of their way to make it private, customize our menus, and deliver great service. A continued favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and Turf coupleSteakloverDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my 64th birthday here. As always, service was excellent. The manager came by to wish me a happy birthday. My mud pie dessert had a lit candle on it. Thankfully, they didn't sing! The view of the sailboats returning to the harbor at dusk is wonderful. My husband had prime rib w/mashed potatoes & Caesar salad - he said it was perfectly cooked & delicious. I had coconut shrimp w/coconut ginger rice & the amazing salad bar. I'm not a "foodie" and my less-than-perfect score for the food is because I'm not fond of the sides that come with seafood - vegetable orzo or ginger rice, and the rolls were cold and a little tough. Restaurant seemed noisier than usual, but it was a Saturday evening, and we came at 6PM rather than our usual 5 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose another Location!!!!!!MichaelD53VIPDined on 8/23/2014Not quite the standard of other Chart House's I have had the pleasure of dining in my travels. We were celebrating my Girlfriend's Mother's birthday and excited to dine here as we have shared much success in other Chart house locations. Clearly not the case here as both the service and food quality were sub standard. Birthday girl very excited for the Prime Rib but unfortunately was LOADED with fat and gristle and too tough to cut with their sharp steak knives. Lava Cake was the only thing good consumed this evening. We will certainly go to Steak &Lobster in Melbourne Beach the next time for her birthday or any other special occasion and stick with Jacksonville, Boston and New Jersey the next time we visit Chart House for dining.Special Features:
- The best in Melbourne - FLVlaVisitingMelbourneDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing, waiter and people who works in the restaurant are excellent professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRocketmanDined on 8/16/2014Love this place! Food is greaT and the service is excellent. We celebrated our 35 wedding date there and the people made it very special!Special Features:
- ConsistentfloridagirlDined on 8/16/2014I like Chart House because it is always consistent in its food and service. I also love the salad bar and the early bird menu.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Sub-par ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent, as usual, however the service left a lot to be desired. The waiter was extremely slow to refill my water, which is surprising given the amount of money we were spending elsewhere (appetizers, entree, desert, cocktails). He forgot to bring us the side of creamed spinach (very good btw) we had ordered in addition to our entrees. By the time we received it, we were almost completely done eating. It seemed like our server was more attentive to other patrons in his area but that could have been due to age differences (we're younger) or amount of wine being purchased (we don't drink wine). All in all, the lack of attention by the server soured the experience and certainly will affect our dining choice in the future.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerRestaurantaddictDined on 8/15/2014We dine at Chart House every 3 months or so and they never disappoint. The service and food were impeccable.Special Features:
- great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Johnathan is a wonderful waiter he made our experience extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service/FoodRAYLDined on 8/11/2014The parmesan encrusted cod was excellent as well as was the prime rib. The service was superior and kudos to the restaurant for acknowledging our 41st anniversary on the top of the menu. I would recommend the Chart House for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure, will return soongoodfoodDined on 8/11/2014We have been going to "a" Chart House for years........up and down the east coast. We are happy to say that this Chart House "Melbourne" is the BEST. We are now living here in Florida and happy to be able to go to "our favorite" eating spot......anytime we want!Special Features:
- Best of the best in Brevard County.AlexDined on 8/10/2014Your service with wait staff and valet has improved greatly yet you should focus more on the kitchen/chef/staff. Meals are good yet the prime has been delivered cool not hot and whoever cuts the steak from the roast is terrible with a knife. Uneven cuts..thick on one end, thin on the other and they appear to be reducing portion size yet the price continues to climb. Fix it with training needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again a Great ExperienceGreatMealinMLBFLDined on 8/10/2014We have been going to Chart House for over 20 years and each time it is a great experience.Special Features:
- what a waste!NobodyDined on 8/8/2014the location is fantastic, by the water and the service is wonderful. no need for parking valet but you have to use it. the food is regular food, not great, menu items you will find anywhere at a price you wońt find everywhere! Way to expensive! Save yourself time and money, try something else!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Service is always grat. Ambience also. Attentive but not overly so. Food was prepared well.Special Features:
- OutstandingCookieDined on 8/7/2014I always enjoy the food and service experience at the Chart House. You have personalized service (from bartenders Jeff and Kim) to server, Donny. Food is fresh, delicious, and graciously served. And you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- Dining at it's finestDianeCDined on 8/5/2014The Prime Rib and Loaded Baked Potato I ordered was by far the best meal I've ever had, ever... So tender and delicious and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend!! The service was fantastic, everyone was very friendly. What made our dining experience even more special was the beautiful ocean view and sea life activity.Special Features:
- Why Keep us waiting ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Every time we visit the Chart House Melbourne we are kept waiting at the front desk even though we arrive on-time and our table is ready. Everything else always good. Just the Front of House people. Sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BirthdayFoodiesDined on 8/4/2014The food was superb as usual,portions are also very generous, and the service attentive and professional. It was my wife's birthday and the restaurant accommodated our window seat request. A very nice surprise was, when they also brought over a slice of mud pie with candle. We always have a very good experience at the Chart House and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion placelavacakeDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I celebrate our special occasions at The Chart House. The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYrhighness23Dined on 7/27/2014Dinner @ the Chart House of Melbourne was a great touch to a great celebration. My husband and I went to Melbourne to celebrate our one year anniversary. We had a nice dinner, waiter and personalized menus wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It was a special touch that we were able to keep the menus and as keepsakes. Thank you Chart House of Melbourne for such a great night!Special Features:
- Always a Nice experiencetravelboundDined on 7/27/2014Another lovely early dinner on a Sunday afternoon. Early Dining with the salad bar included is the best value. Great views of the river and it's wildlife. The always friendly staff makes this a welcoming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantNicoleDined on 7/27/2014Overall a pretty nice restaurant. The service wasn't all that great. The server tried to take away plates while we were still eating, it made us feel rushed. The Steak was a bit tough. The view to the river was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewJrm215Dined on 7/24/2014Great view over the water. Service was spot on, never overbearing or inefficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GayleAngelGayleAngelDined on 7/23/2014We celebrated our anniversary and it was wonderful!!! The specials were incredible & the ambiance was very romantic. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebrationPetesdadDined on 7/16/2014As always, Chart House provides a great place for a quiet celebration. The food is outstanding, the ambiance pleasant, and usually the service is attentive without being intrusive. This time, however, we had to continually tell our server to stop rushing us. We'll refuse him should he show up at our table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great relaxed placeEleldubyaDined on 7/13/2014The food and view are always good here and the crowd is somewhere between lively and quiet. However, the place is freezing, so bring a jacket or wrap!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!CheCheDangoDined on 7/12/2014Being from Hawaii, I have a tendency to be very judgemental on "Oceanside or Oceanfront" dining locations regarding the view & "freshness" of seafood..Melbourne Charthouse was a beautiful spot to celebrate my 40th bday while on vacation. From the moment the complimentary valet service greeted us at curbside, the exquisite "Big Island Shrimp Roll" appetizer and Miso glazed salmon & tender beef and "to die for" desserts...just a fabulous dining experience! Well worth the price! I plan to return on my next trip to Melbourne! Mahalo Nui Loa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another 5 star performanceVieraVarmintDined on 7/12/2014We have been going to the Charthouse since moving to Florida 11 years ago. We generally go for special occasions but just wanted to be there this time. As always the food was great and views spectacular. I highly recommend the Charthouse, especially for those special events you want to remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014This was my first visit to this Charthouse and I was not impressed. On the positive side the food entree was very good. We ordered oyster for an appetizer and when they were opened they were washed losing all their flavor, not acceptable. Then before we could even finish the appetizer the meal arrived. Also not acceptable for a restaurant of this level. The service was very pushy and it seemed that for every thing we ordered the waitress pushed us towards something else. It should have been very relaxing yet was somewhat stressful. Not what I was expecting for the price and based on previous experience with Charthouse restaurants.Special Features:
- 4th of July VisitHawkeyeDined on 7/4/2014waiter too busy to handle our table of 6. 4th of July. wine orders were wrong; spilled wine on our table; and we waited a long time for check. Checks were incorrect waited additional time to correct the amounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.frankd357Dined on 7/3/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Melbourne area.Special Features:
- Lv2dineDined on 7/1/2014The Salad Bar was amazing. The Steak was just o.k. A tad dry and honestly I've had better at Steak houses else where. Service was Great, Had a nice River view.
- Awesome diningKathieDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the service was excellent. The chef prepared our favorite dish which is on the Daytona Beach menu but not at Cocoa Beach. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely Done!BeachPolarBearDined on 6/28/2014Took friends coming out of town and it was a great evening. Rachel did a fantastic job, food was very good and the overall experience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but very goodnamelessDined on 6/27/2014This was a birthday celebration with excellent vodka martinis and superior menu selection, particularly of sea food. They make a spinach salad as an appetizer but it's excellent and large enough for a full meal. And that's for a very reasonable price. Main meals are in the $30+ range, with $7.50 salad bar tacked on. Excellent view on the river, great ambience efficient waiters and waitresses. Worth the extra cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melbourne, Fl Chart Housegrfg8rDined on 6/25/2014The food & view were as usual, awesome. Our usual server, Jonathan! was off. The fellow we had was a pain. He acted and stated that he doesn't particularly care to wait on people who choose to dine al fresco! It's the Chart House! . We are regulars there and have never experienced this before here! We dined on a Thursday night and they were not even crowded! Then he seemed to rush us. So, we purposely took our time. Being frequent Landry Club Diners, we had bonus $ to deduct from the bill. When he brought it back, he coyly reminded us what the total amount was before deductions. As if we didn't know what to tip on! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! Do go, but ask for Jonathan. He is a young man who WILL give you impeccable service, even outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary HighlightHappyCampersDined on 6/24/2014Took my wife for our 53rd wedding anniversary upon the recommendation of friends. Website was a great help in helping us decide. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and answered all our questions regarding food choices. Food was served in a timely manner and was delicious reflecting the personal touch of the preparing chefs. Make sure you save room for dessert as they "are to die for"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- - not a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I booked a table for 2 asked for a window, my wife's birthday, expecting a quiet romantic occasion. We were seated next to a party of 6 - large, the large electronics, firm having a business meeting with a accounting firm. Chart house food and service was fine, but our table on one side was the party of 6 and then a quieter table 2 Realtors or bankers discussing business. For the party of 6 as the rounds of drinks and bottles of wine progressed- I got to hear every possible business bull&^% Buzzword: Synergy, Bring your A Game! we need to show that you guys "add value" with something better than a Checklist. The bankers were fine and quiet. Won't go to Chart House again unless its business and I can expense it.Special Features:
- Chart House Melbourne ROCKS!jacksDined on 6/23/2014Chart House Melbourne never disappoints us. The river views, complete with dolphins playing are stunning and memorable. We are always impressed with the upscale level of service and attention to detail by all the staff. From the moment we arrive and the valet takes our car, to the greeting by the hostess, the attentive wait staff, individualized menu for your special occasion dining, everyone here makes you feel welcome and important to them as a customer. Not enough businesses do that anymore. We keep coming back for the "best salad bar in Melbourne", menu selections for all tastes, especially the excellent fish and everything always prepared as ordered. We always celebrate birthdays, anniversary's and new Years Eve here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.