Chart House Restaurant - Marina del Rey
13950 Panay Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Marina del Rey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (310) 822-4144
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Juan Mora
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Spectacular harbor views available for corporate meetings, breakfast, lunch & dinner. Beautiful receptions, rehearsal dinners, tour groups, bar mitzvahs or any special event. Private & semi-private spaces available for groups from 14 to 100 guests. Private function space available from 10:00am to 3:00pm 7 days a week.
- Private Party Contact: David Gould 3108224144x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Marina del Rey
A stunning waterfront location, Chart House provides guests with beautiful views of the marina & colorful Southern California skies. We offer seasonal outdoor seating, making a sunset dinner at Chart House a truly memorable occasion. For cooler evenings, our cozy fireplace offers a warm retreat from the brisk air. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Don't miss out on our exceptional Happy Hour!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Marina del Rey reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)special occasion (58)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food was delicious and a very attentive and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysShLoWaVIPDined on 11/21/2014We have never been disappointed here. The service at this Chart House is friendly and excellent, beginning with the valet, the receptionists and waiters. We started with delicious duck egg roll appetizers, then salads (standard). One dinner was an ahi tuna meal, the other a filet mignon with added baked potato (very tasty) and mushrooms. Fish and steak top quality and prepared just right. Received a complementary dessert because this was a birthday celebration. Oh, that cheese cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House is a gem!ExcellentDined on 11/16/2014The service and the food was exceptional...and the view was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!DDJDVIPDined on 11/12/2014Once again we had a delicious meal at Charthouse. The fall specials we tried were especially tasty. We would always recommend this location to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceJimWVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have visited several Chart House restaurants, and have generally been very satisfied. We were pleased to find that this location met all of our expectations. Very accommodating staff helped us choose a suitable table. We will return.Special Features:
- Excellent Mealunathan1Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I came here on a double date occasion (first time kids slept at grandparents and birthday) this past weekend. It was a wonderful experience the view was great, the food was excellent, the waiter was there almost as much as we had wished. I had the Ahi tuna and it was perfectly seared but best of all the vegetables were steamed just right and were not drenched in butter. We would go back for sure!!!!Special Features:
- Conditions1SusiDined on 11/8/2014We can not go very often usually about once a year as for 3 of us all getting salad bars, a soup, and 1 side dish of vegies, cost $125 with tax and tip. Then another $5.00 for parking. Seems rather steep for Salad bar. Restaurant was empty so it was very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningPattDined on 11/7/2014At the last minute we decided to have dinner out for our anniversary. When I booked our reservatîon I wrote that it was our anniversary. Our menus arrived with a note at the top of the list "Happy Anniversary". The sea bass with Gorgonzola risotto and cranberry relish was excellent as was the filet mignon. Desert was a complimentary piece of mud pie. A great relaxing evening as we sat at our window table looking out at the boats. Our server Lena was very attentive to us and had a very pleasant way about her. We will go back for Christmas and request Lena.Special Features:
- Slow isn't always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014We were very disappointed with the service. The restaurant did not have enough staff. The service was very slow. The food was fine but the lack of service and attention may prevent us from going back.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Service was great. Food was perfect. Restraunt was cleanSpecial Features:
- Great romantic location.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great romantic location, but food came out cold. Quiet and great views of the marina.Special Features:
- LucaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We order some fish as appetizer and was good, the wine arrived after the appetizer and the meat was not really good, hard and not well cooked.Special Features:
- SHAME on Chart HouseChartHouseShameDined on 10/19/2014Shame on the CHART HOUSE!! The manager, Rhea Mistakidis, at the Chart House restaurant REFUSED to honor my $50 gift certificate, even after I had asked the hostess when I sat down if they would AND prior to ordering asked the waitress if they would honor it. Therefore, my experience was NOT good and I would not return for such SHODDY treatment. I am sure had I been of another nationality, there would have been NO question or hesitation honoring the gift certificate. My brother purchased this gift certificate for me and I will also inform him that the CHART HOUSE essentially just took his $50 for nothing. I will be contacting the California State Attorney General's Office regarding this matter. Shame on CHART HOUSE!!!
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014This was a great place to spend my 10th year anniversary with my wife. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- ComplimentbbqmikeDined on 10/14/2014The food was great. The service was impeccable. Eric, the server was the greatest. He was very helpful and accommodating. I had not been to this location in some time, but I will be returning again soo. My only complaint is the forced valet parking, as I prefer to park my own car.Special Features:
- Lunch Review.BIGFELLOWDined on 10/12/2014The Chart House was very quiet for this Sunday lunch. Service was prompt and attentive. Food was well prepared and served correctly. They have a good drinks and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Service//Viewssusan1Dined on 10/11/2014Great selection appetizers and seafood. Also has a beautiful view of the Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatApacheVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was outstanding and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional RestaurantHappyDinerDined on 10/10/2014Chart House Restaurant is more than amazing. As soon as we entered we were greeted with a smile by a very pleasant young man. We were seated by a large window with a beautiful view of the marina. The ambiance of the restaurant is romantic and elegant. What made our experience memorable, was the amazing service we received. As far as the food is concerned, it was better than what we had expected. One of the best dining experiences my family and I have had in California!Special Features:
- A Memorable BirthdayRBrooksDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I have the same birthday. With a toddler and a baby on the way, we've had NO time to spend together. So when our special days came up, we decided to go to Chart House. What a memorable birthday! Everyone from the valet guy to hostess to manager to waiter were awesome. We had a beautiful view, GREAT food, yummy desserts and chatted for over 2.5 hours. I seriously can't wait to go back here. Recommendations: herb crusted salmon, salad bar, mud pie and chocolate lava cake. Yum!Special Features:
- BEST HAPPY HOUR IN THE MARINACMosesDined on 10/1/2014Great drink and appetizer specials during happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pandalooVIPDined on 10/1/2014We live in the neighborhood and this has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. The view is to die for. The food and service is excellent. And, you can actually have a conversation with your dinner partners without being drowned out by music.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 9/29/2014My family enjoyed dinner at Chart House, as the Chopped and Caesar salads were very good and the fillet mignon was excellent. The waitress was most attentive and allowed us to substitute potatoes so that was appreciated. The marina view is outstanding, making Chart House one of our favorite restaurants in Marina del Rey.Special Features:
- EDWARDVIPDined on 9/27/2014Dinner at Chart House was most enjoyable as the food and service were both very good and the marina view is awesome. My family enjoyed the calamari appetizer, salad bar, and salmon entree. The prime rib was a bit fatty/greasy, but tasty nevertheless. The chocolate mud pie dessert was the highlight of dinner, and should be shared due to its size. We have dined at Chart House numerous times and was not disappointed. We shall return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant obviously have a staffing issue. Service is substandard, left 4 set on table for 2, never completely cleaned-up the table between courses, brought the main courses when appetizers were still on the table. This is not the first time we noticed this, but this time was worse. What did not help is that the food quality of the food was very average, not to say mediocre This restaurant needs a new management.Special Features:
- sadly not going backCAM5VIPDined on 9/26/2014Out of 5 of us 2 enjoyed the taste but the quantity was lacking. $31.00 for 4 scallops is a crime. I had the salmon and the first bite, i thought it was spoiled. A terrible mustard sauce (not to my liking at all). Another was a steak that was not as good as I could cook at home and a salad with lobster that was way more lettuce than anything else. It had been years since I had been to this location and this might have been why. Sadly not going back. HOWEVER the service was very good and that could be because there was only 4 table taken at the time.
- Dinner by the docksBGTGVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great view of the Marina to enjoy dinner to. A great place to take a special someone or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteTwo2onthetownVIPDined on 9/20/2014It's our favorite spot with good food, service, and my boyfriend loves the salad bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!yummy17Dined on 9/16/2014Incredible experience!! Great service and awesome food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJS01VIPDined on 9/13/2014Perfectly winderful. Wasn't that hungry and yet finished the crab stuffed tilapia. Yum! Great salad bar ( although the caviar is SO cheap), its a good deal to add to your order. Yes, they charge extra for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Marina Del Ray the bestlikethebest12Dined on 9/13/2014The Chart House Marina Del Ray is one of our favorite restaurants in Southern California - worth the 45 minute drive even though there is a different Chart House much closer to our home - consistently get great food and great service - best Herb Steamed Artichoke and Gazpacho - and the Prime Rib is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with food flavorsKarlDined on 9/13/2014My wife loves going the CH. This was our first visit the Marina Del Rey location. We were celebrating my wife's birthday with her last meal before she undergoes her second radiation treatment for cancer. The flavors of the food were NOT up to par with CH standards. It was very disappointing. We loved the asparagus, but at this location, it seemed watered down and bland. The mashed potatoes have been substituted with bland flavors too - they used to be garlic mashed potatoes, but aren't anymore. The server took 12 minutes to approach our table. We were ignored until we noticeably were looking for assistance. The manager had to find server to come to our table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We really like this restaurant. We did have about a 20min wait even with reservations. Our server was ok seems like the focus was on other tables. Kept having to ask for things from others. It was my spouses birthday so....... But at least they had oysters, last time we were there they did not.Special Features:
- HappyDinersDined on 9/9/2014Went to the Chart House two consecutive nights. Lena and Eddie, our waitress and waiter, were outstanding and offered great service. The menu offers a wide variety of choices, making it diverse enough to satisfy all tastes. Had two bottles of fine wine, served with perfection. My husband had the shrimp cocktail, while I had their unique pot stickers; we both had steak with blue cheese/butter. The Food was excellent! For dessert? Key lime pie -- BOTH nights due to its being unbelievably tasty without being overly sweet. Our plan is to return to the same area again, and we will seek out the Chart house, while sitting at our table overlooking the beautiful view of the harbor.Special Features:
- Lovely settingSurprisesDined on 9/7/2014Great location and scenic with views of boats. Excellent food and consistently good service. This is our go to for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a reservation at 7pm (it was my son's birthday). We waited until 7:35 to be seated; our drinks did not arrive until 8:20; our first course was served to 3 of us (but not the 4th) at 8:45. We have dined here at the past and had a pleasant time, but after this experience, we will not be coming back.
- Love the Prime Ribkathe90035VIPDined on 8/31/2014It was a very special evening; my husband and I took our friend out to celebrate her birthday. The meals were all cooked as ordered and Eddy is a wonderful server; ask for him.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was good. Service was acceptable, but when there are other places to eat where the food is just as good, why come back and pay over 100.00? The server added nothing special to the evening. Sorry, won't be returning.
- one of my favoritesEATS4BB3VIPDined on 8/27/2014I planned a 30th friendship anniversary here because my dining companion REALLY likes this place (I to kinda sorta like it also). The Shrimp,Brie,Bacon, and Artichoke melt was yummy as always, the Lobster Bisque and Clam Chowder was also very good. Our server was Rosko who made some spot on recommendations (except for a couple of foo-foo drinks)and served us well. The Stuffed Tilapia was moist and flavorful, the Wild Mushroom Merlot Medallions and Grilled Shrimp were tender and cooked properly.Special Features:
- Awesome Salad BarjustoKVIPDined on 8/25/2014The entrees were great too, but the Salad Bar add-on was totally worth it! Very surprised that there weren't more people there, but happy to try this out!Special Features: