Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes
106 Old Mammoth Road
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7609344526x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday 4:30-7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private banquet facilities for groups up to 250 guests. Banquet menus available to parties of 14 or more. Private party space is also available during the day for groups of 40 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ken Murray 7609344526x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes
Relax in the comfortable elegance of Chart House, a cozy restaurant located in the small Sierra town of Mammoth Lakes. Whether you are in Mammoth for skiing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, golf or just a family getaway in the cool pines, come join us for a leisurely dinner. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, East Meets West Tuna and a variety of succulent steaks. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes - Best Restaurants in Mammoth ›
Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful serviceHBfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Bailey was our server. We were told she had only been on the job for three days. Could have fooled us. She was excellent in every way.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here for many years and had many good to very good dinners. This past Fridays dinner was a true disappointment. The head chef must have been in a different world than anyone else dining. Just average at best. Maybe Outback or Tahoe Joe's quality (both of which are terrible). Very disappointing.
- On the lineBandJDined on 8/19/2014My $33 filet was on the tuff side. I was able to enjoy it but for $33 I expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food.dine2enjoyDined on 8/9/2014Once a year dinner spot for our annual Mammoth trip. Having dined at my local Chart House in Marina Del Rey, the Mammoth spot outshines with nice, clean and inviting atmosphere, consistently great food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality SlippingSpaceTravellerDined on 8/2/2014We have been going to Chart Houses across the country including Mammoth for over 30 years. This year, during our annual fishing trip we went to Chart House with a group of seven. Server was friendly but did seem to have any support from the wait staff or behind the scene crew. Multiple dirty dishes including water glasses and appetizer plates is inexcusable for a fine dining establishment. Beet salad was great. The Teri top sirloin was dry and not very tender, tasted as if it was cooked in a microwave. Presentation was not memorable, just a few small finger potatoes and thin pineapple slices. This Chart House needs to recapture the old quality that has kept us coming back for years.Special Features:
- 55th anniversaryMammoth4funDined on 7/11/2014We've been celebrating our anniversary here for the last few years as treat to ourselves and it continues to impress us with it's outstanding presentation of the whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mtc1Dined on 5/25/2014Excellent Caesar! A great place to dine in Mammoth Lakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014I think they are training new staff, usually quit good service
- Great food but service is rushedMmthskiDined on 5/24/2014Have been here several times. The food is always excellent. Great for steaks and fish. Reasonably priced for the quality. The big issue I have is the quality of service. Very inconsistent and rushed. There are two male servers who are not great. Try and avoid them! The steps of service mean they try to clean your plates away before everyone has finished - making you feel you have to rush your meal. Not good. They'll also try to sell you the house specialty chocolate pudding. Not worth it. They'll also sell you the Landrys Card. Take this if you want to go back to one of the group restaurants. I wish they would create a more personalised service style. It's more an upmarket Cheesecake Factory the way the current service flows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent Go-To Choicebandit124Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at this venue numerous times; this occasion topped the list of excellent experiences. The server was outstanding - personable, attentive and, very importantly, spot-on perfect with his recommendations. Can't go wrong with the well-provisioned salad bar. The clam chowder was superb. Likewise the scallops, coconut fried shrimp and key lime pie. Absolutely nothing negative to say regarding this dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the Chart House Restaurant - Mammoth Lakes reviews archive.
- Season is over and the A team left!DoctorhVIPDined on 4/22/2014Service was lousy. Our fish was undercooked. Came back mushy but at least hot
- Don't miss it while in Mammoth!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014Chart House in Mammoth is more than just a restaurant; it is always a memorable experience. The food and service are always excellent. They make you feel special no matter the number of patrons in the restaurant. They take reservations and are always on time. Our frequent visits are to Mammoth are not complete without having dinner at Chart House one night. We especially enjoyed Kyle as our server during our last visit.Special Features:
- THE DESERT MISTAKECACTUSDined on 3/29/2014WE ORDERED THE LAVE CAKE AND IT CAME WITH NO LAVA, THEN OVERHEARD A DIFFERENT WAITER EXPLAINING THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE OVENS, AFTER ANOTHER PATRON COMPLAINED, WE FEEL OUR WAITER SHOULD HAVE BEEN UP FRONT WITH US REGARDING THIS MATTER AND IT WAS RATHER DISTURBED THAT THE OTHER PARTY WAS OFFERED A COMP DESERT WHERE WE PAID FOR OUR LESS THAN PAR SIGNATURE DISH. THIS WAS NOT WHAT WE HAD COME TO EXPECT FROM THE CHART HOUSE!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Great dependable restaurant in Mammoth! We were disappointed by many other restaurants in the area, but this was pleasantly outstanding. Unexpectedly two of the best filet mingons we've had...and we went to Mastro's in Beverly Hills the other day! And a divine chocolate lava cake. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent local choicebandcDined on 2/18/2014While there are several outstanding dining choices in the Mammoth Lakes area, Chart House remains in the mix due to the consistency of service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Mammoth has few good restaurants and most of them are busy. Luckily we were able to get a reservation at the Chart House which is always reliable and this one still has a salad bar which is always a plus. Food was good, Service was so-so. Olympics were on, couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation 7:30 and waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Reservation 7:30 and waited 20min and was there on time. People who came after us who complained were seated before us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go again.DanielleDined on 2/14/2014The service was lacking. It took us 25 min to get our drink order from the bar when we got there. After we were seated another 20 min. to get our drinks from the table. They were obvioulsly very busy and had not planed accordingly. The manager finally came over after we complained. We had been there 2 hours and had not received our entres. We had them cancel our entres. Good thing, hearing the table next to us everything was cold. Will not be going back to Chart House in Mammoth again.
- Consistantly goodfreemaeeDined on 2/14/2014We spent Valentine's Evening at the Chart House. It was super busy, but we never felt rushed or neglected. Our waiter Kyle was very attentive, knew the menu very well and had some great recommendations. My friends and I visit the Chart House every time we go skiing and the experience has always been great. We go there for great food, good wine and fun time.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysFredDined on 2/13/2014Went to Chart House for a nice dinner and it was great as always. We had the seared Ahi and prime rib. Both were delicious. The service was good and the experience will bring us back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too cold in the chart houseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014It was Freezing in the restaurant !!! We told the waitress and manger and he acted like he came to turn on the heat but clearly did not. Our food was cold and not very good. Even the coffee came out cold, we ordered Mudd Pie at the end and they did not have any whip cream for it. We come to Mammoth at least 3 times a year and always go to the chart house but that will not occur again. We will never end there again
- For fifty years I have lovedJonjonjonDined on 2/1/2014For fifty years I have loved going to Chart House restaurants and this is one of the nicest. Beautiful architecture for excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestSkierVIPDined on 1/15/2014I had difficulting finding something on the menu that appealed. Tired, 70s vibe.
- Complete disappointmentOCdocVIPDined on 1/2/2014First time here in winter. Made reservation ahead. We had a party of 7 & got squeezed between 2 other tables. It felt very cramped. But the worst part, absolutely no service for about 20 minutes. No water. No bread. Nothing. With 3 hungry kids who skied all day. It was a busy night but two separate parties that arrive after us got served almost immediately. I complained to a staff and about 20 minutes after we sat down our server finally showed up. Food was very inconsistent. Appetizers were good but my fish & wife's pasta was very overlooked. Been here several times in summer on fishing trips and always had good experience. Overall very disappointing.
- Actually I was disappointed.BirthdayBunchDined on 12/31/2013Actually I was disappointed. We had 20 people and spent quite a bit of money. The service was off. it was disruptive and disjointed. Maybe because there was 2 servers for our 2 tables. We ordered 2 bottles of expensive champagne to toast an engagement. Half of us sat waiting while our champagne warmed while the rest waited for champagne glasses. I refilled champagne glasses. Our dinner order was taken immediately after hot appetizers came out. T. Makes no sense. Let people enjoy the food they just got first. The salad bar had no lettuce when our big party went up to the bar. No caesar salad person serving. Many items at salad bar were empty. Unbelievable really.
- Less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Booked the reservation a month in advance, and was looking forward to a great time and experience. Haven't been to a Chart House in some time. Seated quickly and was giving a great table. My complaint was with the waiter. Seemed hurried and rushed. He didn't take the time to engage and overall I was disappointed. I just remember the Chart House as having exceptional service, and this wasn't the case for us.
- Always good!LaurDined on 12/26/2013The Charthouse in Mammoth is always good. Even though it is a chain, it is very good. The service was great. A delicious meal!Special Features:
- Over cooked pasta and breadYumyumdineDined on 12/26/2013Over cooked pasta and bread was brought out at end of meal. We also have empty wine glasses throughout our entire meal.
- Christmas dinner 2013LisaDined on 12/25/2013The food was delicious, the ambiance was warm & cozy and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 12/25/2013Overall this was one of my better recent Chart House experiences; it was superior to the South Lake Tahoe version in terms of both Prime Rib and fish special food preparation and quality even though the menus are identical. Service, however, was really only okay. We had to wait more than 25 minutes for appetizers while tables around us received theirs (same items) in less than 10. Water and bread were quick and attentive, however, so that helped balance it out. Would probably give them a second chance but our overall recommendation is relatively weak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We were seated at a table by the front door next to the hostess station. It took forever to get a dinner and our food came out luke warm. We barely good get a second drink. It was our Christmas Eve dinner. Not pleasant!
- Great dinner in MammothDinerbDined on 12/23/2013Very happy with our time at the Chart House. We go almost every year that we visit. Very good value with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in MammothOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013The Mammoth Lakes Chart House is always a great place for a good meal and drinks. The service is always very good. Even when busy, the wait staff looks out for you.Special Features:
- Mammoth CH never disappoints!GayleGDined on 12/10/2013Always great food and service. Happy Hour at table everyday till 7PM!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving at Chart Housetourista01Dined on 11/28/2013The ambiance was nice, The service was friendly and attentive. The food was fair. The thanksgiving meal was better prepared than the salmon from their staple menu. The rolls come out warm and delicious. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Experienceluckik30Dined on 11/16/2013We ate here for our anniversary and received top notch service. The attention to detail was phenomenal and I'd definitely recommend this place for anyone celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is greatErnieDined on 11/8/2013Food and service is great just a little pricey but thanks to Landry's Club I saved a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for my wife's 50thLonePineRobDined on 10/9/2013Went there for my wife's 50th birthday and they treated her like a queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I blame myselfuceeDined on 9/6/2013I've been to many Chart House restaurants in my time. They typically can't rival the best high end fish houses, but my experience has been that you can get a nice meal and usually a nice experience. This is NOT true of Chart House Mammoth Lakes. I should have known that seafood wasn't the right choice in a ski town. Our dinner was not up to par on quality, preparation, or presentation. Service was abysmal. It literally took 20 minutes for my wife to get her water glass refilled. If you're looking for a nice dinner out after hitting the slopes, I'd research other options in the area.
- Just like I remember it..OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/23/2013We had not been to the Chart House in Mammoth Lakes for years and it was just like we remembered it, a classic setting for steak and seafood with welcoming servise. The suprise was great Happy Hour prices on appetizers and drinks until 7.Special Features: