Chart House Restaurant - Malibu
18412 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Malibu
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3104549321x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday : 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5pm-10pm, Saturday: 2pm - 10pm; Sunday 2pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enclosed patio seats up to 55 guests & overlooks beautiful Malibu beach. The patio is available 7 days a week for lunch and evening events.
The restaurant is open for private functions of up to 165 guests All week from 10:00am to 3:30pm.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Caswell 8779069878x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Malibu
Located right on the water at Topanga Beach, Chart House features magnificent sunset views of Topanga Point & Santa Monica Bay. Relax on our heated outdoor patio, where you may just spot dolphins, seals or whales while you dine. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Don't miss out on our exceptional Happy Hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Closed :((TasteamonialsVIPDined on 3/30/2014Very sorry to see the Chart House go BUT now Mastro's is there. Bittersweet as I love both restaurants. Chart House has the BEST prime rib on the planet!
- Alas The Chart House Malibu ClosesPeteDined on 3/28/2014Great Meal and outstanding service. Been dining here for years. A favorite of our out of town guests. Ordered a bottle of wine and was told that they did not have it as they are letting the wine inventory deplete. Asked why and was told that March 30 was the last day the restaurant would e open. It will reopen as a Mastro's , also a part of the Landry Group. Many of the staff will not be rehired. Our waiter, one of the best we've had in recent days is returning to the east coast. A real loss.Special Features:
- Never disappointedRepeatvisitorDined on 3/23/2014Chart House has consistently provided the same exceptional level of food and service, no matter what location you visit. This one however, sitting right on the beach at Malibu is one of the best! We arrived about 30 minutes ahead of our reservation on a busy Sunday evening, and they were most accommodating. It even worked out so that we were seated at a table right by the water and the kids were very impressed with the restaurant and the view. Thank you to the Chart House Malibu staff for making this an enjoyably and unforgettable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodgoodfoodlvrVIPDined on 3/23/2014The food never disappoints. Seems the bar is more crowded than in the past, really taking up the noise level in the restaurant. For a quiet dinner for two, we might have to find another gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedBZuverDined on 3/22/2014I was really looking forward to eating here for the first time but was extremely disappointed! Reservation was for 7:00 to see the sunset. We arrived at 6:20 but were not seated until 7:30! We contemplated leaving and struck up a conversation with another couple whose reservation time (7:15) had also passed. When we were finally seated, our waiter tried to cheer us up, but what would have really cheered me up was complimentary appetizers & drinks! But alas, no comps. After dinner the manager came over and we explained our disappointment. He said every Saturday night is like that. Overbooked? Bartender was attentive, food was good, the wait for our table was UNACCEPTABLE!!! I will go to Duke's next time I want to view the sunset w/ dinner.Special Features:
- We love coming here wheneverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014We love coming here whenever we are in town. The food is delicious, just the right portion size. The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable. If you are lucky enough to sit by the window, the views are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMm19Dined on 3/19/2014Great Food, on the beach, great view of the Sunset, could't ask for more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedMsParksDined on 3/16/2014This was my first trip to California and I was told I had to eat here. I was very older. The view was amazing, staff very friendly, and the food was excellent! I'll definitely be back! The only problem is that we had a reservation fort 7pm and we weren't seated until close to 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The ambiance was nice but not exceptional. The food was nicely prepared and great quality and the value was there. The menu was heavily biased to seafood and to my recollection the Marina del Rey location was more of a varied menu and that's more of what I was looking for. The waitress was nice but tried too hard to be perfect to the point of sounding scripted and not herself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food & serviceBionicBillDined on 3/14/2014A long drive from most of L.A. - the view is spectacular . The food varied between excellent and very good. Servers were prompt, friendly and attentive. I'll definitely return. Should be a killer view for weekend brunch. Only drawback is lack of outdoor deck space.Special Features:
- When fine dining is your pleasure.RitzyDinerDined on 3/14/2014I am impressed with the friendly staff. The Macademia Crusted Mahi is delightfull in taste and in presentation. I love the ocean view while waiting for our food which didn't take long to arrive.Special Features:
- Chart House on the beachSlaubDined on 3/13/2014You can't go wrong with this choice. Great food and looking over the ocean. This is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsschwartzieDined on 3/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our last 3 anniversaries at Chart House. Great seating, outstanding service, great food.Special Features:
- We would not go backFoodzie1VIPDined on 3/9/2014It took us for ever to get a table. then when we got are table the waiter was no no were to be found. once he came to are table and took are order we never saw him again. i had to hunt the waiter down just to get are bill. food was ok at best. theres better out there for the priceSpecial Features:
- Terrible servicelnt710Dined on 3/8/2014My family and I have been going to the Chart House for years, but never to this location. I thought it would be the best, considering the location, but the service was awful. We sat at the table for 15 minutes before anyone even came by. Then another waiter ended up taking over our table because our designated waitress seemed to forget about us. We were celebrating a very special occasion, so it was really disappointing to be ignored like that! The food was great, so that made up for it. But the overall experience was unfortunately bad because of the service, or lack thereof.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beRandomDinerDined on 3/8/2014If you like a restaurant with waiters that frequently stop at your table to try strike up personal conversations or to sell you a membership to their dining club this is the place for you. However if you want great food and food service you might want to look elsewhere. This place used to have great ambience to go with the view but now it is over packed and very loud. It certainly is no longer a place to kick back and have a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- midiocrepeachDined on 3/8/2014My coconut shrimp sauce tasted like lighter fluid smell, the twisted negroni tasted like water, the cosmopolitan the same but very expensive for not being good. I have paid 12, 13 dollars for drinks and I dont mind paying that much if they are good. Also pch is a nightmare with bumper to bumper traffic thats why we were late by 15 minutes. Mrs PetersonSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ambience, mediocre foodmisslanieanneDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I went last weekend for a lunch date. The view from the restaurant is a wonderful ocean view, and the inside of the restaurant is nice too. The food was okay, but underwhelming given the quality of the ambience. They have a decent wine selection and some fun cocktails too. Service was great. All in all, a good dining experience. It just isn't somewhere I'd go for an exceptionally delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the CoastTravelerfromSKDined on 3/7/2014We were seated at a ocean view table so the view was spectacular. The food was very good, and the portions were adequate. The waiter was polite and knew the menu very well however he did try to sell and up-sell us everything. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. $100 to $150 for two people depending on the wine/appetizers/desserts. Can't complain, it was a perfect end to our trip to LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014Mixed seafood grill, prime rib and scampi were all excellent! The mud pie and creme brûlée were a perfect finish to a memorable evening. Service was outstanding. Definitely merits a repeat !Special Features:
- Great Restaurant with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We go to the Chart House to celebrate birthdays. It is good to go a couple of hours before the sun sets since the view is the main reason we go. There are a lot of ocean view restaurants but this is our favorite. The great service, food and view of the crashing waves are all top notch. I highly recommend the scallops, the crab legs, the New England clam chowder, the oysters on the half shell and the Chocolate Lava Cake for desert. Happy Dining! It is worth it to use Open Table to guarantee your reservation. We always ask for a window seat and always get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent (again)Wolfpack74VIPDined on 2/23/2014Whenever we visit our son in Santa Monica, we always enjoy a special evening at the Chart House in Malibu. This time, my sister was with us and we were celebrating her birthday. We had a great time, good food, excellent service. Try the soup sampler - awesome!!Special Features:
- Celebrate LifeLadyCDined on 2/23/2014Everything our server recommended was delicious---from appetizer to dessert! The Fritters and the French Onion soup were so flavorful. The swordfish, sea bass and the seafood trio were delightful. The lava cake and the apple crisp with cherries topped off our wonderful meal. The view was amazing! We ate and watched the beautiful sunset. The Chart House is the perfect place to celebrate special occasions for our family, and now it will be on our list for Sunday dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBethDined on 2/15/2014Overall experience is very good !! I will consider to comeback here in teh futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Withered expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014We had planned this lunch to be a special Valentine's celebration. In the past, Chart House has exceeded our hopes, but alas, today was not one of them. We arrived at 12:30; place was nearly empty, but still the girl at the desk left us standing for 10 minutes while she answered phones, talked with people who arrived after us, and generally ignored us. We were then shown to table clearly chosen for the convenience of the staff. Our server was pleasant, but not at all knowledgeable answering our questions about selections. Then my cobb seafood salad arrived, very disappointing. I've had a great one at Chart House Encinitas, but this one had prefrozen bay shrimp, crab from a can, and imitation bacon. Won't return.Special Features:
- outstandingbigwildbDined on 2/14/2014from the beginning to end, everything was very good. The food was delicious!! the dessert was to die for!!! service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toughest Prime RibTonyDined on 2/14/2014Coco's and Denny's has better quality. Not worth the price plus we waited 45mins until it came from the time we ordered.Special Features:
- Got there late on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Got there late on Valentines day and although they were really busy they got us to a really great table in less than 10 minutes. Food and service were good, and overall we had a very good time.Special Features:
- Twice in a lifetime opportunitygatekeeperofthemouthDined on 2/14/2014It was a wonderful experience. The food was really good, the seafood was prepared Prepared in an excellent matter. The waitstaff was at our beckon call and very attentive. The only drawback was the location we were seated at was right next to the patio door entrance. Waistaff was notably on the run. And the table we were seated was extra small in size, as a brief reminder of patio furniture. All in all it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantAnnieDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed a very romantic Valentine's Day dinner at sunset. We had a stunning view of the sunset and ocean. Our waitress was very energetic, attentive and provided great service. The food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely dine here again if given the opportunity to be in the area in the future.Special Features:
- A go to romantic dinner placeMIkeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's dinner. Had a reservation for 5:15. When we got there the restaurant was already very busy. We were seated almost immediately at a nice table with sunset view. Our waiting person was friendly and helpful. We shared a salad and my wife had a seafood grill and I had prime rib. Both dinners were well presented and tasty. My was prepared, to my satisfaction, as requested. We shared the special lava desert. It was fun and a nice treat. The parking person got us in and out with little wait. I was surprised by how many people were already there; however, maybe they, like us wanted to include the sunset in the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All new employees?KimboDined on 2/12/2014Seemed like everyone from the girl at the bar, to our waitress all had little to no experience working in a restaurant. They were trying hard to please it seemed, but they just didn't "get" it. It was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. And the food took a LONG time to come out. Very strange, as we've been coming to Charthouse for years. Now it definitely feels like a cheap chain food restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014The service was great and the food was delicious. Our server, Chris, was very nice and attentive. The manager came around several times also to see that we were well taken care of. The whole experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Birhday!AngelDined on 2/9/2014This was our 2nd time coming to dinner here. The first time was when my husband and I were just dating 12 years ago. I brought him here for his Birthday. It was an experience we always remembered and we wanted to come back. This visit was ALSO his Birthday. Even though I knew we couldn't request a window table I asked if they could do the best they could. We got a WONDERFUL window table!!! Great view. Our servers name was Tonia. She was outstanding. Our plates were picked up promptly and the food arrived quickly but we never felt rushed. Tonia was always there BUT NEVER Obtrusive. My husband has asked that we make this a Birthday Tradition. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This visit was a disappointmentMarkDined on 2/8/2014We typically have a very nice time at the Chart House. The food and service are generally good, or better, and the view cannot be best. Saturday, however, the restaurant was very busy and the service suffered markedly. We sat for 20 minutes before we were even brought water, the delivery of the food and drinks was inordinately slow after we finally ordered and a second drink was not delivered at all. The food was good, but the experience significant tarnished by the slow service. I hope not to have a repeat of this experience when I return. If so, there will not be a third time.Special Features:
- The view was incredible andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014The view was incredible and we caught the sunset from our table. The wait staff was personable and the manager, Paul, did an outstanding job of greeting and checking on us. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with amazing viewCrispywifeDined on 1/28/2014And ambient. The service was very attentive as well. The Macedonian crusted sea bass was very juicy and soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tight seatingMikeDined on 1/28/2014very nice setting directly on ocean and view of sunset. the seating was very tight and almost not enough room to slide back from the table a little. the food was ok but not great. the place was beautiful and it was quiet enough for soft talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, atmosphere goodPetpeople2Dined on 1/25/2014Nice staff and server, food took a while to arrive. Slightly disappointed When it did, small portions, no napkins at our table and daughters fork Had some black "goo" on it. Not overly impressed.Special Features:
- YummygoodfoodlvrVIPDined on 1/25/2014Loved the food, the view. Seemed a little hectic the night we visited. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.