Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
201 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 941-383-5593x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm. Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Klos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available for daytime only with a minimum $500 with accommodations available for up to 250 guests. For evenings, semi-private areas are available for 20 to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Janis Saikaley 9413835593x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (121)special occasion (96)romantic (68)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (34)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great location, great foodrobertsalzmanDined on 10/17/2014The best salad bar in town! Great location right on the water. Well-prepared food. Affordable early dining. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Excellent value with early bird dining. Salad bar one of the best. Beautiful restaurant and setting. Food delicious.Special Features:
- FabulousKparkerpalateDined on 10/10/2014The Chart House on Long Boat Key, FL serves outstanding food with fabulous water views! The service is impeccable, especially Natasha, and every meal we have enjoyed there has been absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting??TallinthesaddleDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I have been Sarasota residents for close to 30 years. The Chart House has always been one our favorites. It's been several years since our last visit and it was very nice to see the food quality remains excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- BailsBwilsDined on 10/4/2014Great dining experience. Food was wonderful, great place to celebrate a special occasion . Wonderful view. Next time we will check out the happy hour menu in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find1FineDineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an excellent upscale restaurant with great food, lovely water views, friendly staff, and colorful sunsets. Food and beverage selections were excellent for most tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant good happy hrfloridaDined on 10/2/2014Get there early for a great view. Bar food and drinks well priced and good menu and spacious bar area. Service a bit slow - even with less than 1/2 seats filled for 6 pm seating. Maybe new staff? They apologized and that was nice. Great NY steak and jumbo Prawn cocktail The more adventurous starters were "less" than advertised (hard to find lobster and shrimp buried in that spring roll!). We'd come again and try the market fish instead.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryMadaboutfoodDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary at Chart House. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious. The waiter was very attentive. Dessert was decadent. We especially enjoyed the view. Plan to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad barHarryDined on 9/18/2014enjoyed the salad bar with the early bird specials.Special Features:
- Over rated1toyumDined on 9/15/2014Food was under seasoned and over priced. Service was inconsistent. I had far better service and more flavorful fish at a chain restaurant the following evening for half the price.Special Features:
- Our 40th Wedding Anniversary DinnerWoodDuckDined on 9/14/2014There was 6 of us celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, including 2 small children. The window tables facing the water was very nice. The appetizers divine, main courses were delicious. We really dived into & enjoyed the dessert(s); creme brulee, lava cake, and a special mud cake the restaurant gave us for the occasion. We have been coming to the Chart House for about 15 yrs. We love their salad bar with home made Cesar salads and lots other special items not normally seen, like caviar. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CamperKidSandPicksDined on 9/13/2014My lady and I always go to the Chart House for special occasions or when we feel we need a lift from the troubles of the day. We have never been disappointed with our experience. Some little trifles didn't spoil anything.Special Features:
- goodcavcandoDined on 9/13/2014Our water Boto was very good.the view was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again - wonderful !foodfanDined on 9/11/2014This time we enjoyed Happy Hour with the wonderful appetizers! Lovely evening, lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CH-SarasotaSterlingDined on 9/9/2014The view is unforgettable. Excellent salad bar. Good selection and quality preparation. Our favorite spot in Sarasota. We cannot recommend it more highly. You will be pleased. We choose to go during the week when it is not crowded but I am sure it gets crowded on the weekends so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The view is wonderful, the service good and the food disappointingly mediocre. The salad bar, usually outstanding in Chart House restaurants, was worse than mediocre and apparently maintained by a disinterested staff. The entrees ordered by the four of us were just O.K., unexciting servings of tuna, cod and salmon - generous in portion, just adequate in quality. Also, the place is due for refurbishing, which does justice to the great location and excellent parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceRJS13Dined on 9/3/2014Don't live in the general area but whenever in and around Sarasota when I want to take my wife or guests out for a special kind of dinner, my choice of preference is the Chart House. Entire staff is very friendly and accommodating the food is exceptionally well prepared. Always try and make Happy Hour as they provide great specials before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Longboat KeyBdaygirlDined on 9/1/2014One if my favorite dining places in Sarasota! The membership club is awesome and the views are great. We actually saw dolphins playing in the water around below us in the water. Service was wonderful. Our waiter John was great! This is the second year in a row that we came for my birthday and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our anniversaryWtersideViewDined on 9/1/2014It was our anniversary and the Chart House always makes an event special. We have gone there many times over the last seven years, but it is still very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRichardDined on 8/31/201446th anniversary, looking forward to a great evening. Restaurant has good scenic view. Food was bland and served cold. Very good salad bar and happy hour in bar area. Appetizers $4-6 are the best deal. Service was very poor. Unnecessarily rude staff about special requests, inattentive and careless forgetting orders and serving food cold. Price is semi expensive and there are many better options in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceBirthdaytrioDined on 8/30/2014Prime Ribs 14 oz cut was excellent. Mashed potato was fair and the creamed spinach was only fair. Hostess had a bit of an attitude, but the server Melinda was wonderful. Salad Bar and dr is were good. Would return.Special Features:
- Great food and viewcharthouse1Dined on 8/30/2014Cannot beat the view at Long Boat Key and food and service are great. I have dined at several Chart House restaurants and find them all to be excellent.Special Features:
- vegan menuKathyDined on 8/30/2014I would like to comment on the menu for vegetarians or vegans. I watched beautiful plates arrive at our table and then looked down at mine. When I made the reservations for the group on the website I specifically noted that I was a vegan. When I ordered my meal I gave the waitress carte blanche for the chef. What I received was a flat ice cream scoop of plain rice, a quarter cup of very cooked spinach in a pile, and about a cup of vegetables (squash and hearts of) with 3 small carrots sliced in half that I had trouble cutting with a knife. I did go up and get a salad. This was $18 total. I need as many calories as every one else. I do not like spicy but it needed something to give it a flavor. Could you have something on the menu?Special Features:
- Great food, great viewbeachgoerDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy dining at the Chart House in Longboat during our yearly vacation there. We look forward to coming back next year. We've dined at other Chart Houses throughout the country too and always had great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another successful eveningAmazingG9Dined on 8/26/2014Chart House has always been a favorite of ours, often for special occasions. Our table was ready, great window seat, service was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014we wanted to celebrate a birthday, what I mentioned, but nobody accommodated us in this way, very poor....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointing. Had 8 PM reservation and was seating by 8:10. Waited 20 minutes for someone to come by for our drink order. 40 minutes later finally took our dinner order. 30 minutes later was told what my wife ordered was no longer available and she had to order something else. 30 minutes later finally got our meal and mine was cold. It obviously had been seating for sometime seating for sometime. The Chart house is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area and they are living off the view. If the view wasn't there neither would be the Chart House. If you want fish at a good quality restaurant go to the Crab and Fin on St. Armands Circle.
- perfectdineoutDined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant for the perfect evening, great wine, food and the waitress was the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- TerrificcoopstownDined on 8/23/2014Had a terrific experience celebrating our anniversary with friends. The food was great along with the service. Couldn't ask for anything else. Thank you for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration dinnercelebr8friendsDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I along with our two friends had a wonderful dinner at chart house. We have always taken our boat out to the sandbar right in front of the restaurant but never been inside. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night slump?out2munchDined on 8/18/2014Maybe it was the chef's night off. After anticipating the previously superb gazpacho, good seafood, etc., what we got was mediocre at best, and as always, pricey. My scallops were puny and tough, on a barely visible dollop of mashed potato, and my husband's steak, gristly. Our poor waiter tried to compensate, but he had to serve what he'd been handed. Maybe we should have suspected something earlier, when the neighboring table sent a plate back to the kitchen. Between their table and ours, the manager had a busy time trying to "make it right". Too bad. Past experiences have often been great, and of course, the setting is spectacular. But we'll think twice on Mondays...Special Features:
- Great as everGreatDined on 8/18/2014This is our faverate place to eat for all occasions, be it for Birthdays, Anniversary,or even a friendly get to gather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningRandyDined on 8/18/2014From beginning to end, our evening was delightful. Mannie, our waiter, was outstanding. Made for a lovely birthday dinner for the 3 sisters.Special Features:
- thebestDined on 8/17/2014I had a birthday party of seven people for my adult daughter and we all raved about the total experience. Food was delicious and the ambiance can't be beat! Perfect setting for any and all occasions. Thanks to all the welcoming, kind staff who made the evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer great! Entree needs work.SarapatDined on 8/16/2014We have always loved the Chart House. This visit was a little disappointing. It took longer than normal to be seated even though we had a reservation and arrived promptly ahead of time. It took more time than usual to get my cocktail - in fact it did not arrive until after we had started eating our appetizer. We shared the shrimp, crab, avocado and mango stack -- as always outstanding! We both ordered shrimp entrees. My husband ordered the shrimp and artichoke linguine and the shrimp was cold altho the linguine and sauce were hot. My cedar plank shrimp were over cooked - tough. Not all - but most of them. The Reese's lava cake was delicious. For whatever reason, the entrees were not up to the usual standards on Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We had dinner at the Chart House and were looking forward to excellent food since since we had been to other Chart House's in other states and have always been pleased. For a place like this, we thought the salad bar would be more extensive so it was a bit underwhelming. However, the Caesar salad prepared at the bar individually was excellent. We selected our meals off the Early Evening menu. My wife had the Panko crusted Salmon and was very good. My meal was the shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta. There were 5 small shrimp that looked anemic and their taste was bland. The pasta was not angel hair but a thin spaghetti. Needless to say, I was not that pleased with this meal and should have ordered the prime rib.
- Great food and serviceTillieDined on 8/15/2014I love eating at this Chart House as my daughter was married here and has great memories. The food has always been over the top and have been coming here for 20 years. However, this time I was a little disappointed---the spinach in salad bar did not look fresh and the mashed potatoes were dry. The side item Warm Spinach Salad was sooo delicious that I almost ordered one to go. The service was excellent and I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCalgarygirl49Dined on 8/13/2014I've been looking forward to eating here for years. Food was average. Service was good and setting was pretty. Cocktails were good. Many restaurants with much better food in this area. Would not waste my time and money here again.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceFoodySRQDined on 8/10/2014We have not been to the Chart House in years and the experience showed why. The food presentation was ok, but that taste just lacked flavor. It didn't impress especially for the price charged. (not that a lower price would have made a difference). There are too many good choices in our area and Chart House won't be on our list of favorites. I must say that the view is great and I can recommend having a drink and enjoying the few.Special Features:
- AliceinVenice65Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good with a great presentation. Price was a little pricey, but a great place to celebrate a special occasion. Beautiful scenic views. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.