Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
201 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 941-383-5593x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm. Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Klos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available for daytime only with a minimum $500 with accommodations available for up to 250 guests. For evenings, semi-private areas are available for 20 to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Janis Saikaley 9413835593x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (123)special occasion (96)romantic (70)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (12)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Awesome experience. Everything perfect. Celebrating anniversary and they made us feel special. Food exceptional.Special Features:
- AverageflavormanDined on 10/26/2014We dined at the Chart House and had reservations for 8pm. When we arrived no one was at the front counter and we waited almost 5 minutes for the hostess. We were seated near a server's station and shortly after one of the servers knocked over a pitcher of water onto the ground making a loud noise and startling us. After a few minutes one of the servers (not ours) passed by complaining about her table to a coworker. Next thing we know a pepper mill is knocked off the service counter, again startling us. Not exactly a nice quiet dinner. Food was good, but not great.Special Features:
- What fine dining is aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have been dining at this establishment for over ten years. Every since our first visit, we have never been disappointed with anything to about quality of food, service or views. It is well worth the hour drive to have such an experience.Special Features:
- Service above all othersUrbanDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to the Chart House in Sarasota and once again the service was outstanding like the Chart House locations in Hawaii, California, Ohio, and New York. Melissa was our server who greeted us with an above average attitude to assure our dedication the Chart House brand stays bright. Melissa not only made us feel at home but the quickness of our drinks and dinner was right on mark. We got an opportunity to meet Chef Stephanie Klos who brings the whole experience a very personal touch to the dinner. Meeting the manager, Peter V. Van Beuren,Jr with such a exciting appreciation also.Special Features:
- Great water viewLBKerDined on 10/25/2014Service, food and ambiance was world class. Stone crabs were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerBarbDined on 10/23/2014Dinner was alright. Primerib overdone.Wanted med.rare got med. Waited until almost the dinner arrived until we got our cocktails. Unexceptable. We have been there several times and had better service. It was a stressful evening. We went early thinking that we would get better service. It didn't happen.
- Always greatsces727VIPDined on 10/21/2014Early bird dining with an incredible salad bar, terrific service and perfect view are great ingredients. The parmesan crusted cod is moist and flavorful. We are always totally satisfied here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Food DecentGampoDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding water view (the best in the area) is worth the "price of admission." Early dining menu with great salad bar is an excellent value. Food was decent but not outstanding. My prime rib needed to be sent back as it was much too rare for the "medium" I ordered. My wife's shrimp scampi was OK. Our server was not nearly attentive enough. Manager checked on us several times, including taking payment for our bill. He was actually more attentive than our server.Special Features:
- Great location, great foodrobertsalzmanDined on 10/17/2014The best salad bar in town! Great location right on the water. Well-prepared food. Affordable early dining. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Excellent value with early bird dining. Salad bar one of the best. Beautiful restaurant and setting. Food delicious.Special Features:
- FabulousKparkerpalateDined on 10/10/2014The Chart House on Long Boat Key, FL serves outstanding food with fabulous water views! The service is impeccable, especially Natasha, and every meal we have enjoyed there has been absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting??TallinthesaddleDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I have been Sarasota residents for close to 30 years. The Chart House has always been one our favorites. It's been several years since our last visit and it was very nice to see the food quality remains excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- BailsBwilsDined on 10/4/2014Great dining experience. Food was wonderful, great place to celebrate a special occasion . Wonderful view. Next time we will check out the happy hour menu in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find1FineDineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an excellent upscale restaurant with great food, lovely water views, friendly staff, and colorful sunsets. Food and beverage selections were excellent for most tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant good happy hrfloridaDined on 10/2/2014Get there early for a great view. Bar food and drinks well priced and good menu and spacious bar area. Service a bit slow - even with less than 1/2 seats filled for 6 pm seating. Maybe new staff? They apologized and that was nice. Great NY steak and jumbo Prawn cocktail The more adventurous starters were "less" than advertised (hard to find lobster and shrimp buried in that spring roll!). We'd come again and try the market fish instead.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryMadaboutfoodDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary at Chart House. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious. The waiter was very attentive. Dessert was decadent. We especially enjoyed the view. Plan to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad barHarryDined on 9/18/2014enjoyed the salad bar with the early bird specials.Special Features:
- Over rated1toyumDined on 9/15/2014Food was under seasoned and over priced. Service was inconsistent. I had far better service and more flavorful fish at a chain restaurant the following evening for half the price.Special Features:
- Our 40th Wedding Anniversary DinnerWoodDuckDined on 9/14/2014There was 6 of us celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, including 2 small children. The window tables facing the water was very nice. The appetizers divine, main courses were delicious. We really dived into & enjoyed the dessert(s); creme brulee, lava cake, and a special mud cake the restaurant gave us for the occasion. We have been coming to the Chart House for about 15 yrs. We love their salad bar with home made Cesar salads and lots other special items not normally seen, like caviar. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CamperKidSandPicksDined on 9/13/2014My lady and I always go to the Chart House for special occasions or when we feel we need a lift from the troubles of the day. We have never been disappointed with our experience. Some little trifles didn't spoil anything.Special Features:
- goodcavcandoDined on 9/13/2014Our water Boto was very good.the view was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again - wonderful !foodfanDined on 9/11/2014This time we enjoyed Happy Hour with the wonderful appetizers! Lovely evening, lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CH-SarasotaSterlingDined on 9/9/2014The view is unforgettable. Excellent salad bar. Good selection and quality preparation. Our favorite spot in Sarasota. We cannot recommend it more highly. You will be pleased. We choose to go during the week when it is not crowded but I am sure it gets crowded on the weekends so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The view is wonderful, the service good and the food disappointingly mediocre. The salad bar, usually outstanding in Chart House restaurants, was worse than mediocre and apparently maintained by a disinterested staff. The entrees ordered by the four of us were just O.K., unexciting servings of tuna, cod and salmon - generous in portion, just adequate in quality. Also, the place is due for refurbishing, which does justice to the great location and excellent parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceRJS13Dined on 9/3/2014Don't live in the general area but whenever in and around Sarasota when I want to take my wife or guests out for a special kind of dinner, my choice of preference is the Chart House. Entire staff is very friendly and accommodating the food is exceptionally well prepared. Always try and make Happy Hour as they provide great specials before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Longboat KeyBdaygirlDined on 9/1/2014One if my favorite dining places in Sarasota! The membership club is awesome and the views are great. We actually saw dolphins playing in the water around below us in the water. Service was wonderful. Our waiter John was great! This is the second year in a row that we came for my birthday and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our anniversaryWtersideViewDined on 9/1/2014It was our anniversary and the Chart House always makes an event special. We have gone there many times over the last seven years, but it is still very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRichardDined on 8/31/201446th anniversary, looking forward to a great evening. Restaurant has good scenic view. Food was bland and served cold. Very good salad bar and happy hour in bar area. Appetizers $4-6 are the best deal. Service was very poor. Unnecessarily rude staff about special requests, inattentive and careless forgetting orders and serving food cold. Price is semi expensive and there are many better options in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceBirthdaytrioDined on 8/30/2014Prime Ribs 14 oz cut was excellent. Mashed potato was fair and the creamed spinach was only fair. Hostess had a bit of an attitude, but the server Melinda was wonderful. Salad Bar and dr is were good. Would return.Special Features:
- Great food and viewcharthouse1Dined on 8/30/2014Cannot beat the view at Long Boat Key and food and service are great. I have dined at several Chart House restaurants and find them all to be excellent.Special Features:
- vegan menuKathyDined on 8/30/2014I would like to comment on the menu for vegetarians or vegans. I watched beautiful plates arrive at our table and then looked down at mine. When I made the reservations for the group on the website I specifically noted that I was a vegan. When I ordered my meal I gave the waitress carte blanche for the chef. What I received was a flat ice cream scoop of plain rice, a quarter cup of very cooked spinach in a pile, and about a cup of vegetables (squash and hearts of) with 3 small carrots sliced in half that I had trouble cutting with a knife. I did go up and get a salad. This was $18 total. I need as many calories as every one else. I do not like spicy but it needed something to give it a flavor. Could you have something on the menu?Special Features:
- Great food, great viewbeachgoerDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy dining at the Chart House in Longboat during our yearly vacation there. We look forward to coming back next year. We've dined at other Chart Houses throughout the country too and always had great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another successful eveningAmazingG9Dined on 8/26/2014Chart House has always been a favorite of ours, often for special occasions. Our table was ready, great window seat, service was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014we wanted to celebrate a birthday, what I mentioned, but nobody accommodated us in this way, very poor....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointing. Had 8 PM reservation and was seating by 8:10. Waited 20 minutes for someone to come by for our drink order. 40 minutes later finally took our dinner order. 30 minutes later was told what my wife ordered was no longer available and she had to order something else. 30 minutes later finally got our meal and mine was cold. It obviously had been seating for sometime seating for sometime. The Chart house is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area and they are living off the view. If the view wasn't there neither would be the Chart House. If you want fish at a good quality restaurant go to the Crab and Fin on St. Armands Circle.
- perfectdineoutDined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant for the perfect evening, great wine, food and the waitress was the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- TerrificcoopstownDined on 8/23/2014Had a terrific experience celebrating our anniversary with friends. The food was great along with the service. Couldn't ask for anything else. Thank you for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration dinnercelebr8friendsDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I along with our two friends had a wonderful dinner at chart house. We have always taken our boat out to the sandbar right in front of the restaurant but never been inside. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night slump?out2munchDined on 8/18/2014Maybe it was the chef's night off. After anticipating the previously superb gazpacho, good seafood, etc., what we got was mediocre at best, and as always, pricey. My scallops were puny and tough, on a barely visible dollop of mashed potato, and my husband's steak, gristly. Our poor waiter tried to compensate, but he had to serve what he'd been handed. Maybe we should have suspected something earlier, when the neighboring table sent a plate back to the kitchen. Between their table and ours, the manager had a busy time trying to "make it right". Too bad. Past experiences have often been great, and of course, the setting is spectacular. But we'll think twice on Mondays...Special Features:
- Great as everGreatDined on 8/18/2014This is our faverate place to eat for all occasions, be it for Birthdays, Anniversary,or even a friendly get to gather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.