Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
201 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 941-383-5593x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm. Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm. Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Klos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available for daytime only with a minimum $500 with accommodations available for up to 250 guests. For evenings, semi-private areas are available for 20 to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Janis Saikaley 9413835593x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (162)special occasion (123)romantic (91)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (46)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)Show More
- Another successful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Chart House has always been a favorite of ours, often for special occasions. Our table was ready, great window seat, service was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014we wanted to celebrate a birthday, what I mentioned, but nobody accommodated us in this way, very poor....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very disappointing. Had 8 PM reservation and was seating by 8:10. Waited 20 minutes for someone to come by for our drink order. 40 minutes later finally took our dinner order. 30 minutes later was told what my wife ordered was no longer available and she had to order something else. 30 minutes later finally got our meal and mine was cold. It obviously had been seating for sometime seating for sometime. The Chart house is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area and they are living off the view. If the view wasn't there neither would be the Chart House. If you want fish at a good quality restaurant go to the Crab and Fin on St. Armands Circle.
- perfectdineoutDined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant for the perfect evening, great wine, food and the waitress was the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- TerrificcoopstownDined on 8/23/2014Had a terrific experience celebrating our anniversary with friends. The food was great along with the service. Couldn't ask for anything else. Thank you for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration dinnercelebr8friendsDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I along with our two friends had a wonderful dinner at chart house. We have always taken our boat out to the sandbar right in front of the restaurant but never been inside. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night slump?out2munchDined on 8/18/2014Maybe it was the chef's night off. After anticipating the previously superb gazpacho, good seafood, etc., what we got was mediocre at best, and as always, pricey. My scallops were puny and tough, on a barely visible dollop of mashed potato, and my husband's steak, gristly. Our poor waiter tried to compensate, but he had to serve what he'd been handed. Maybe we should have suspected something earlier, when the neighboring table sent a plate back to the kitchen. Between their table and ours, the manager had a busy time trying to "make it right". Too bad. Past experiences have often been great, and of course, the setting is spectacular. But we'll think twice on Mondays...Special Features:
- Great as everGreatDined on 8/18/2014This is our faverate place to eat for all occasions, be it for Birthdays, Anniversary,or even a friendly get to gather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningRandyDined on 8/18/2014From beginning to end, our evening was delightful. Mannie, our waiter, was outstanding. Made for a lovely birthday dinner for the 3 sisters.Special Features:
- thebestDined on 8/17/2014I had a birthday party of seven people for my adult daughter and we all raved about the total experience. Food was delicious and the ambiance can't be beat! Perfect setting for any and all occasions. Thanks to all the welcoming, kind staff who made the evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer great! Entree needs work.SarapatDined on 8/16/2014We have always loved the Chart House. This visit was a little disappointing. It took longer than normal to be seated even though we had a reservation and arrived promptly ahead of time. It took more time than usual to get my cocktail - in fact it did not arrive until after we had started eating our appetizer. We shared the shrimp, crab, avocado and mango stack -- as always outstanding! We both ordered shrimp entrees. My husband ordered the shrimp and artichoke linguine and the shrimp was cold altho the linguine and sauce were hot. My cedar plank shrimp were over cooked - tough. Not all - but most of them. The Reese's lava cake was delicious. For whatever reason, the entrees were not up to the usual standards on Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We had dinner at the Chart House and were looking forward to excellent food since since we had been to other Chart House's in other states and have always been pleased. For a place like this, we thought the salad bar would be more extensive so it was a bit underwhelming. However, the Caesar salad prepared at the bar individually was excellent. We selected our meals off the Early Evening menu. My wife had the Panko crusted Salmon and was very good. My meal was the shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta. There were 5 small shrimp that looked anemic and their taste was bland. The pasta was not angel hair but a thin spaghetti. Needless to say, I was not that pleased with this meal and should have ordered the prime rib.
- Great food and serviceTillieDined on 8/15/2014I love eating at this Chart House as my daughter was married here and has great memories. The food has always been over the top and have been coming here for 20 years. However, this time I was a little disappointed---the spinach in salad bar did not look fresh and the mashed potatoes were dry. The side item Warm Spinach Salad was sooo delicious that I almost ordered one to go. The service was excellent and I definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCalgarygirl49Dined on 8/13/2014I've been looking forward to eating here for years. Food was average. Service was good and setting was pretty. Cocktails were good. Many restaurants with much better food in this area. Would not waste my time and money here again.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceFoodySRQDined on 8/10/2014We have not been to the Chart House in years and the experience showed why. The food presentation was ok, but that taste just lacked flavor. It didn't impress especially for the price charged. (not that a lower price would have made a difference). There are too many good choices in our area and Chart House won't be on our list of favorites. I must say that the view is great and I can recommend having a drink and enjoying the few.Special Features:
- AliceinVenice65Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good with a great presentation. Price was a little pricey, but a great place to celebrate a special occasion. Beautiful scenic views. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not worth the pricePathwaysDined on 7/30/2014Have had dinner at the Chart House twice in the past few weeks and don't need to go again for a long time. Great location on water, nice atmosphere but limited outdoor seating and over the top prices. Dinner for two (fish, salad bar, no alcohol and 1 dessert) was $97 before tip. If I'm going to spend that much for a meal, I'd rather go to one of the other great Sarasota restaurants both on and off the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJessDined on 7/27/2014Very memorable night! The staff was on point and the best filet I've had in years. Made great memories!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion NightLovediningoutDined on 7/27/2014View is beautiful. Food was average to below average. The staff was good until trying to be asked to buy the Rewards Card at the end for $25. It was a real sales pitch. TackySpecial Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014I hadn't been to the Sarasota Chart House in quite a while and was pleasantly surprised at how very good it was. The ambiance was vibrant, food very good and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Poor ServiceGETMEADRINKDined on 7/24/2014The restaurant is located in a nice little bay on the south point of Longboat Key. While the view was nice we were not able to reserve a window seat (told at restaurant table views are based on availability). We reserved with additional information window table and anniversary. The food was ok but not served warm. The salad bar was the saving grace. The server was 15 minutes getting us our first cocktail. Downhill from there and it wasn't busy. We had better food at a local waterfront fishery/restaurant.Special Features:
- Location locationriquitinVIPDined on 7/20/2014The location is splendid, it had always been the best view. Food and service has always been great, and very consistent. Salad bar is a staple to try every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't feed your food to my Dogrm123Dined on 7/19/2014I would not eat your food nor let any friend eat it. This was the first time in my life (53 year} I ever sent my meal back.
- pcdnolaDined on 7/19/2014Always great. We eat here every year when we are in town. Very specialSpecial Features:
- AwesomeCarmelDined on 7/19/2014The staff at this chart house are friendly, professional and always aim to please. The food is fresh and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.enjoygr8dinningDined on 7/18/2014We made reservations at Longboat Key location for a water view table for 7pm for our 20th wedding anniversary and still have to wait 15 minutes. After all that we were seated on a corner table which had obstructive view. Service was very slow and the server seemed to be irritated with our questions regarding the entree choices. The quality of the entrees where by far poor and not worth the high price. Things improved when the manager Mike was involved and checked on us frequently. The only thing worth mentioning was the lobster bisque, soups, and creame of spinach which where very good. Overall very dissatisfied with the dinning experience. Should have gone to Grill Smith instead.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableWheninRomeDined on 7/15/2014The best restaurant on Longboat Key and one of the best in the Sarasota area. Great salad bar and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFun2go2Dined on 7/14/2014I found the personal attention to be fantastic. We went for three birthdays and they were very much in tune to making it a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayTommyboyDined on 7/13/2014The hostess, manager and our waitress were all very attentive and friendly. Our waitress was super ! She treated my wife to a special birthday piece of cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B DAY DINNERwillpayforgreatfoodDined on 7/11/2014Met a friend to celebrate our birthdays-We did receive a window seat. Waiter was over anxious-a bit pushy, young felt like he just finished someone's idea of a training class on how to upsell a meal...do they now get paid on commission? Reminded me of a car dealership. He tried, was not rude but it felt "schooled" especially the upsell at the end to join there dining club.Which I overheard first at our neighboring table...my companion couldn't believe it when I mentioned it- then we got the same hardsell at the end. Just leave the info on the table for guests to look over and ask in there are any questions....not a 10 minute hardsell! Food was average. Expect $200 for 2. Not as good as San Diego's Charthouses which I haved dined 20+ years!
- Dinner 7/10/14foodfanDined on 7/10/2014Excellent as usual.....food (love the salad bar), service, scenery. I will return and bring others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Food and service great, scenic view, and they made a special menu with a "Happy Birthday Kathleen" which was special to us.Special Features:
- Had an awesome experiencesaraluvDined on 7/5/2014Our waiter was energetic and very concerned that we were satisfied, excellent service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charthouse dinnerCarrsAnniversaryDined on 7/5/2014Tables are too close together to allow for comfortable dining. The service was just average, waitstaff seemed more interested in the activity at the reception desk than her table. Filet was mediocre which was a surprise as in the past it has been excellent. Seating time was punctual.Special Features:
- Extremely Disappointing!LisaDined on 7/5/2014We have eaten here numerous times while in Longboat Key, but never again. The evening started with the hostesses that don't seem to know what to do to make the customer happy. We had specifically requested to be put on the lower level of the restaurant - the top tier is like a glorified banquet room. I called one hour before our arrival to confirm that request and was told it would be no problem. We walked into the lobby and they tried to seat us on the top level even though there were plenty of empty tables. The server was obviously new and though he tried hard was not polished. But most disappointing was the food. Mediocre at best and at a high price. There are way too many fine restaurants in the area to waste your time on this one.Special Features:
- RingRingDined on 7/5/2014It was our 28th Wedding Anniversary and we wanted to go someplace special. We had the Prime Rib and you could cut it with a fork - it was so tender. The Coconut crusted shrimp was also very good. But the best part was the Chocolate Lava Cake - it's to die for. The service was excellent -wait staff very attentive - always there to refill the coffee. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Tried a Chart House AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014We'd stopped going to Chart Houses years ago -- many don't have the salad bar anymore and the dishes seemed overwrought and expensive to us. But this Chart House impressed us. We were greeted by a gracious manager who held open the front door for us -- a nice start to the evening. Food was delicious, simple seafood, beautifully cooked and presented. I do have one suggestion: remove the glass wall that separates the bar from the dining area. It totally blocks the view of the water.
- OpenTable Works Well/No Window SeatMearsjaDined on 7/3/2014This is the first time I've used opentable.com, and I was pleased with the simplicity of use. The only negative point of the night was the lack of availability of a window seat. I requested a window seat by opentable.com and called ahead to request one. The response I got on the phone was, "We can't guarantee one." When we arrived at the restaurant, there were indeed no window seats. Aside from this, the food, ambiance, and service were good. This was the first time I've been to LBK Chart House in the past 20 years, and I was still happy with the unique opportunity of caviar a the salad bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEJandRGJDined on 7/3/2014Only visit Longboat Key once a year and enjoy the Chart House when we visit. We have visited with a family group and kids in the past and it has been enjoyable. We have also gone as a couple and enjoy the food, the view, and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbPatriciaDined on 7/3/2014This was a wonderful evening filled with a great view and great cuisine. Excellent service. We will go back for sure!Special Features: