Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
201 Gulf of Mexico Drive
Longboat Key, FL 34228Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (941) 383-5593
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm. Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Klos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available for daytime only with a minimum $500 with accommodations available for up to 250 guests. For evenings, semi-private areas are available for 20 to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is available for buy-out pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Janis Saikaley 9413835593x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key
Located just west of Sarasota on beautiful Longboat Key, Chart House boasts a dramatic interior décor that almost outshines its stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine, & it’s not hard to see why this tropical retreat is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Fabulous happy hour and patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key - Best Restaurants in Longboat Key ›
Chart House Restaurant - Longboat Key reviews from OpenTable diners
- Attentive service and delicious foodAndyDined on 11/23/2014Started at the bar for an appetizer while waiting briefly for a window table. The bartender was friendly and prompt with service. Once seated at our table we enjoyed the stuffed grouper. A wonderful dish! Took the Lava Cake dessert to go. Overall a fine upscale establishment worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobrswitzDined on 11/18/2014Food was ample and excellent flavor. Service was terrific. This was not our first visit and will not be our last.Special Features:
- Special PlaceJaniceDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten at the Chart House before. It is always a delightful experience. The food is great, service couldn't be better. They have the best salad bar in Sarasota/Manatee County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but the service was excellent!luarte07Dined on 11/14/2014The hostess was charming, but then things went downhill. Our waitress greeted us with.."can I get you a drink?" No name...no welcome...no Happy Anniversary...etc. The drinks arrived and mine was up and not on the rocks...the appetizers arrived and there was absolutely no follow up as we dined. Even when the food arrived our waitress couldn't be found. After searching for her I saw her and asked for a steak knife since I was struggling to cut my prime rib...no offer of steak sauce...pepper...nada! Quite disappointing, not the usual Chart House experience...heads up Open Table Folks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationFSUDinerDined on 11/13/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with a special dinner and accompanied with family. From beginning to end our dining experience was wonderful. We were greeted warmly and the young lady who arranged for our table was very conscientious in ensuring our special needs to accommodate my father's seating arrangement is truly appreciated. The beverages, appetizers, entrees and desserts were everything we imagined it would be. The sunset views we enjoyed were breathtaking. Many thanks to the Chart House staff for making Longboat Key, FL a memory we will always remember fondly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsHappyDined on 11/12/2014Kudos to Dan at the bar - exceptional!!! Our server, Jessica was very pleasant and professional. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annoying serviceRubbishDined on 11/11/2014The waitress we had was very annoying our conversation was interrupted on numerous occasions to find out how are meal was going and on one occasion to try and sell us their loyalty card even though we were clearly not interested, they forgot our side orders which arrived after we had nearly finished our mains, woody asparagus and creamed spinach with weird breadcrumbs sprinkled over them the fish was overcooked and the starters bland and unremarkable generally a very disappointing meal.Special Features:
- kkkkkVIPDined on 11/10/2014Chart House is a perfect spot to watch the sunset with a nice cocktail! Always delicious food!Special Features:
- Same old same oldFrequntDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014The Chart House is like a reliable old friend - nice but unexciting. We've eaten here many times over the years and the food is O.K. but the menu is too static. It would benefit from more up-to-date cuisine and perhaps at least seasonal specials.Special Features:
- Great placeFineDined on 11/8/2014Great food and service and the happy hour is fantastic Always look forward to the beautiful presentation of the main coursesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EntreeKimmyDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten here several times before and have always had an exceptional meal, but this time I ordered a special entree on the menu, grouper over gorgonzola cous cous with a cranberry sauce. The gorgonzola cous cous was very bland, the grouper appeared to have been fried, and was greasy, and the cranberry sauce, which would have been helpful to offset the blandness of the rest of the dish, was very miniscule. It was very disappointing. The salad bar, however, is my favorite, and I think I will stick with that next time. The other 2 dinner guests with me had exceptional meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House does it againRonDonSRQDined on 11/3/2014Of the very few chain restaurants we go to, Chart House is our favorite by far. My birthday dinner here was great. Their separate gluten-free menu makes choices easier. Once a year or so, I want a great prime rib dinner; Chart House is the only place I'll order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative menuVenetianDined on 11/3/2014In an area where seafood restaurants abound, this is by far the best on the Sun Coast I have tried. The food is delicious and exquisite. The service is attentive but not overbearing. This is my third trip, and each time my high opinion is reinforced. For a national chain, this is on a par with Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Good Food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014This restaurant has it all scenic view, good food and service. The setting is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningElaineMike4Dined on 11/1/2014Your restaurant was recommended to my husband and I and we were not disappointed. This was our first time at the Chart House. It was wonderful, food was great, we were not rushed, manager stopped at our table to make sure everything was fine. Our server was exceptional. The couple who joined us for dinner enjoyed themselves. When my children come for a visit we will be making reservations at the Chart House. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceDaisyVIPDined on 10/31/2014We were seated outside...it took a very long time for the waiter to make contact with us. Service was very slow, though the waiter was nice and apologized. I had the grilled coconut shrimp...it was just fair. Haven't been to a Chart House in a while but this one did not live up to the quality of Chart Houses I was used to. Even the rolls were boring and didnt't seem fresh. We did have a lovely, quiet spot out on the deck watching the sunset. But still we won't be running back to eat here anytime soon.Special Features:
- Hoping for moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014Lovely setting, great service, but the food was bland. I would not return.
- fabniteDined on 10/29/2014Awesome experience. Everything perfect. Celebrating anniversary and they made us feel special. Food exceptional.Special Features:
- AverageflavormanDined on 10/26/2014We dined at the Chart House and had reservations for 8pm. When we arrived no one was at the front counter and we waited almost 5 minutes for the hostess. We were seated near a server's station and shortly after one of the servers knocked over a pitcher of water onto the ground making a loud noise and startling us. After a few minutes one of the servers (not ours) passed by complaining about her table to a coworker. Next thing we know a pepper mill is knocked off the service counter, again startling us. Not exactly a nice quiet dinner. Food was good, but not great.Special Features:
- What fine dining is aboutJLL1Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have been dining at this establishment for over ten years. Every since our first visit, we have never been disappointed with anything to about quality of food, service or views. It is well worth the hour drive to have such an experience.Special Features:
- Service above all othersUrbanDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to the Chart House in Sarasota and once again the service was outstanding like the Chart House locations in Hawaii, California, Ohio, and New York. Melissa was our server who greeted us with an above average attitude to assure our dedication the Chart House brand stays bright. Melissa not only made us feel at home but the quickness of our drinks and dinner was right on mark. We got an opportunity to meet Chef Stephanie Klos who brings the whole experience a very personal touch to the dinner. Meeting the manager, Peter V. Van Beuren,Jr with such a exciting appreciation also.Special Features:
- Great water viewLBKerDined on 10/25/2014Service, food and ambiance was world class. Stone crabs were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerBarbDined on 10/23/2014Dinner was alright. Primerib overdone.Wanted med.rare got med. Waited until almost the dinner arrived until we got our cocktails. Unexceptable. We have been there several times and had better service. It was a stressful evening. We went early thinking that we would get better service. It didn't happen.
- Always greatsces727VIPDined on 10/21/2014Early bird dining with an incredible salad bar, terrific service and perfect view are great ingredients. The parmesan crusted cod is moist and flavorful. We are always totally satisfied here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Food DecentGampoDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding water view (the best in the area) is worth the "price of admission." Early dining menu with great salad bar is an excellent value. Food was decent but not outstanding. My prime rib needed to be sent back as it was much too rare for the "medium" I ordered. My wife's shrimp scampi was OK. Our server was not nearly attentive enough. Manager checked on us several times, including taking payment for our bill. He was actually more attentive than our server.Special Features:
- Great location, great foodrobertsalzmanDined on 10/17/2014The best salad bar in town! Great location right on the water. Well-prepared food. Affordable early dining. Great happy hour!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2014Excellent value with early bird dining. Salad bar one of the best. Beautiful restaurant and setting. Food delicious.Special Features:
- FabulousKparkerpalateDined on 10/10/2014The Chart House on Long Boat Key, FL serves outstanding food with fabulous water views! The service is impeccable, especially Natasha, and every meal we have enjoyed there has been absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting??TallinthesaddleDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I have been Sarasota residents for close to 30 years. The Chart House has always been one our favorites. It's been several years since our last visit and it was very nice to see the food quality remains excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- BailsBwilsDined on 10/4/2014Great dining experience. Food was wonderful, great place to celebrate a special occasion . Wonderful view. Next time we will check out the happy hour menu in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find1FineDineVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an excellent upscale restaurant with great food, lovely water views, friendly staff, and colorful sunsets. Food and beverage selections were excellent for most tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant good happy hrfloridaDined on 10/2/2014Get there early for a great view. Bar food and drinks well priced and good menu and spacious bar area. Service a bit slow - even with less than 1/2 seats filled for 6 pm seating. Maybe new staff? They apologized and that was nice. Great NY steak and jumbo Prawn cocktail The more adventurous starters were "less" than advertised (hard to find lobster and shrimp buried in that spring roll!). We'd come again and try the market fish instead.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryMadaboutfoodDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary at Chart House. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious. The waiter was very attentive. Dessert was decadent. We especially enjoyed the view. Plan to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad barHarryDined on 9/18/2014enjoyed the salad bar with the early bird specials.Special Features:
- Over rated1toyumDined on 9/15/2014Food was under seasoned and over priced. Service was inconsistent. I had far better service and more flavorful fish at a chain restaurant the following evening for half the price.Special Features:
- Our 40th Wedding Anniversary DinnerWoodDuckDined on 9/14/2014There was 6 of us celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, including 2 small children. The window tables facing the water was very nice. The appetizers divine, main courses were delicious. We really dived into & enjoyed the dessert(s); creme brulee, lava cake, and a special mud cake the restaurant gave us for the occasion. We have been coming to the Chart House for about 15 yrs. We love their salad bar with home made Cesar salads and lots other special items not normally seen, like caviar. Always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CamperKidSandPicksDined on 9/13/2014My lady and I always go to the Chart House for special occasions or when we feel we need a lift from the troubles of the day. We have never been disappointed with our experience. Some little trifles didn't spoil anything.Special Features:
- goodcavcandoDined on 9/13/2014Our water Boto was very good.the view was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again - wonderful !foodfanDined on 9/11/2014This time we enjoyed Happy Hour with the wonderful appetizers! Lovely evening, lovely place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CH-SarasotaSterlingDined on 9/9/2014The view is unforgettable. Excellent salad bar. Good selection and quality preparation. Our favorite spot in Sarasota. We cannot recommend it more highly. You will be pleased. We choose to go during the week when it is not crowded but I am sure it gets crowded on the weekends so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.