Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
392 Kingsbury Grade
Lake Tahoe, NV 89449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7755886276
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (Lounge opens daily at 4:30 pm); Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm in bar and lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
Nestled halfway up the mountain just minutes from the bustling casinos of downtown Stateline, this cliffside Chart House offers a spectacular view of the entire Lake Tahoe basin. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Ahi Tuna, Maryland Style Crab Cakes & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)special occasion (203)romantic (169)fit for foodies (84)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (51)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014the food was ONLY fair, and a little over priced, it was a VERY special occasion and we were disappointed........ it will a long time before we go again........Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service and an amazing view!!! The sunsets are fantastic!Special Features:
- Absolutely Stellar view-Tahoe best!JoMama10Dined on 8/29/2014Just gorgeous view and the food, particularly the prime rib, is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The Chart House in south Tahoe is a must do if you are spending any amount of time in South Lake Tahoe. The menu is superb with numerous options to satisfy just about everyone's dinning desires. If you get the chance I would suggest reading the menu on line prior to your dinner reservations. If not the wait staff does an excellent job helping with the decision process with great enthusiasm not seen in many upper scale restaurants. I would suggest dining early and leave room for patience when attempting to leave the parking lot after your meal. The parking lot could benifit from a New York style traffic cop to keep the dining experience at the top of your list for places to return to..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner is a mustOnetallguy123Dined on 8/26/2014Took my wife for our 4 year anniversary. We originally went to the Chart House in Monterey for our honeymoon. So to find one in Tahoe was perfect. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. SpockMrSpockDined on 8/25/2014Excellent location for a romantic evening. Food is extraordinary, and the chefs are very accommodating to special requests. The views of Lake Tahoe are amazing.Special Features:
- BigDogBigDogDined on 8/24/2014Great View, Food, and Service attentive and pleasant. We make this restaurant an annual stop each summer when come to visit for the month of august. We brought a group of 45 to your banquet room in July. Many complements from our group. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the other locationssanfranciescoDined on 8/23/2014The server was a bit snotty, kind of short with us like he was hurrying to get off his shift. I've been to 2 different Chart House locations (Malibu and McCormick Ranch) and the food here was not up to par, not as fresh or well made. I boasted about the lava cake was greatly disappointed. A bit of a bummer because we were celebrating a very special birthday.Special Features:
- AnniversaryMHfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We came from out of town and I mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservations. They printed up special menus printed with happy anniversary and the date that were ours to keep. The waiter was very attentive and service was some of the best I have ever experienced. Food was fabulous, and The manager stopped by to check on us and took the time to wish us happy anniversary. The extra attention to detail at the chart house sets them apart from the rest. I would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CleoVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful evening. We were celebrating my husbands birthday while on vacation in Tahoe. Everything was perfect, window seat, menus with my husband's name and complimentary mud pie for dessert. I would highly recommend an evening at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Dinner2die4Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. Beautiful views of the lake and mountains with the setting. The service was perfect. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was delicious. I had the 18 oz prime rib (Callahan cut) and my wife had the filet mignon. Both were incredibly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacerussnmaryDined on 8/23/2014We have gone to the Chart House for our anniversary for the last 4 years. The always have a menu preprinted with our name and anniversary date. The service is excellent, food excellent. View of lake Tahoe from most tables.Special Features:
- SkoopsDined on 8/21/2014Great food, service, and view! Unfortunately like 99% of all nice restaurants in this day and age, does not have a dress code.Special Features:
- Romantic Dining in TahoemarriedAchefDined on 8/20/2014My Wife and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary, I made reservations thru Open Table, noting this; we were graciously welcomed and immediately seated at a spectacular view table. Doug, our waiter, was impeccable. His recommendations were spot on, enhancing our evening dining experience. Even our menu was printed with reference to our anniversary. My wife had the seafood trio and the crab cake was exceptional, I choose the blackened Alaskan Halibut with an avocado/tomato/blue crab topping, it was mouthwatering delicious. Dessert was on the house which we were not expecting. We will return on our next trip to South Lake Tahoe and trying the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake too!Special Features:
- Great view, not great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2014As great as the view is from Tahoe's Chart House, and as attentive and helpful as the wait staff is, neither can make up for the listless meals offered at exorbitant prices. Our party was sufficiently large to try a good portion of the menu. The beef eaters were fairly well satisfied with the taste, if not the price, but the fish eaters all found their meals less than stellar. Sure, these cuts of meat and fish can be pricey, but if you're going to charge $30 for an entree, make it taste good and don't cover the plates with pilafs that look and taste like they come from a box.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Very difficult to find at night. Got a window seat but could not see the Lake. Food was great. Server Jennifer was teriffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart house/south lake tahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful with great views of the lake at sunset. The food is very good and the salad bar is wonderful. It is one of the best chart house restaurant s that I have been too.Special Features:
- We loved it!HeidiADined on 8/14/2014Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the view is outstanding. We were super happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Terrible tasting food and overpriced!! Will never go back
- perfect lake tahoe viewluveatingoutDined on 8/13/2014Ambience and one of few restaurants with a salad bar and great food, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Spectacular ViewGoodyfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014For our last night in Lake Tahoe we wanted something special. We have been to Chart House in the past and figured we could do no wrong. All in all it was fine. My husband and I did feel that our waiter was a bit high pressure where he didn't need to be, pushing dessert way too soon (it needed 30 minutes prep time). The $20 corking fee for BYOB is a bit much (max should be $15). And once he opened the bottle to breathe he never came back with wine glasses. After more than 10 minutes we finally had to ask the manager for them. My husband and I each ordered steaks, they were ok nothing amazing. I got the teriyaki sirloin, a little too chewy for my taste. My husband's strip could have used more seasoning. Otherwise we enjoyed.Special Features:
- stunning Tahoe view, great stafffavspotDined on 8/12/2014The view is great, see Lake Tahoe at sunset from the panoramic view windows, and enjoy some of the best food on the lake IMHO !..Chart House never fails to please with a great menu selection ,and Happy Hour pricing from the bar. For desert, always save room for the Lava Cake...best in the industry !! Chris gave great service, and with the Landry's Club points and menu personalization, you can't beat the package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatRalphTVIPDined on 8/12/2014This Chart House is just down the hill from our house so we frequently go here for their great happy hour. Ate a regular dinner here the other night and all the food we had was excellent. From the Caesar salad macadamia mahi to chicken tenders for my granddaughter and the Molton lava cake which needed to be more Moltonie.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was fantastic, sorry I can't remember his name. Food, service, and view were great. My favorite treat when I visit Tahoe!Special Features:
- TAHOE'S GEMgr8teGREATDined on 8/10/2014Great view, great food, dinner drinks were very generous and the experience was again.wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014When we first got there (our group of 4 mature individuals), there was a very large table of extremely noisy and rambunctious children next to us. We found that unpleasant; however, they were in the midst of paying their bill and we only had to listen to their squeals for about 10 minutes. The rest of the evening was highly enjoyable--food was very good--loved the heated plates (I heat my plates in the winter, as living in Northern Nevada keeps them cold and the food cools too quickly)! We will return.Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time back to the Charthouse in 25 years..we weren't disappointed! It will be a place we make a point of coming to the next time we're in Tahoe. Everything from the food, view, service, wait time was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimefourofusDined on 8/9/2014We thought the food and service was great. The view is amazing. Enjoyed all of it! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect "date night" spotTinkDined on 8/8/2014Best seafood we have had in a long time! Halibut and scallops were excellent! And of course that view!!Special Features:
- Always A PleasurePGAGebbyDined on 8/8/2014For us, The Chart House at Stateline is always a win. We have enjoyed dining here since the 70's. Through the years, the staff and menu have changed but the quality of food and service has never waivered. Always a nice touch when management stops by to make sure all is well with your experience. Oh, and dessert on the house for a special occasion never hurts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Awesome place for a date even after 23 years of marriageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honoring reservation??OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We made a reservation for 7:15 and arrived at that time to a chaotic packed restaurant. The hostess said " I have no idea when we will be able to seat you." We were discussing other options and had we not started visiting with someone else waiting for their table we would have left. We had asked for a window which they said they can't honor and we were looking at a fireplace. The food was good, but not the fabulous experience we expected...especially the disappointing view and somewhat disorganized atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad bar;nice entree optionskamoiVIPDined on 8/7/2014Well prepared main courses. Salad bar excellent as an appetizer. Our group particular enjoyed the fresh seafood options.Special Features:
- williamDined on 8/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and it was wonderful the food, service and view was great.Special Features:
- FantasticLouiVIPDined on 8/6/2014Had a wonderful night w my hubby! Enjoyed and excellent meal coupled w cocktails and a beautiful sunset. Couldn't have been more pleased w the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got what we asked for-very niceTamsLuvDined on 8/6/2014I booked the reservation online and while the website said they can not guarantee a window seat or a booth, we got both! A great booth in a nice nook overlooking the Lake. Our server was very nice and attentive but gave us the right amount of "alone" time to visit. Good place. We were celebrating our anniversary and our wedding date was imprinted on our menus to take home. Classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains reliableSudsDined on 8/6/2014We have gone to Chart house restaurants since their early days. We have always walked away pleased.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Revue1Dined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant with a great view. Could not have been more pleased.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Revue1Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great experience, would recommendHoneybunnyDined on 8/2/2014Although the restaurant wasn't as fancy as we thought due to fellow patron's attire the ambience was perfect. The food was great, the waitstaff wonderful and overall experience was memorable. I would recommend this restaurant and would love to go again myself.Special Features: