Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
392 Kingsbury Grade
Lake Tahoe, NV 89449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7755886276
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (Lounge opens daily at 4:30 pm); Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm in bar and lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
Nestled halfway up the mountain just minutes from the bustling casinos of downtown Stateline, this cliffside Chart House offers a spectacular view of the entire Lake Tahoe basin. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Ahi Tuna, Maryland Style Crab Cakes & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (226)special occasion (194)romantic (166)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (48)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We went to the Chart House for our 28th anniversary. They were on time and got us a window seat so we had a great view of the sunset. The food was priced right and was out of this world. I got the 18 oz prime rib which was cooked to perfection. This is the 3rd wedding anniversary we have spent at the Lake Tahoe Chart House and will be back next year. Lee CahaylaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningcarol4180Dined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful time at the Chart House. My husband and I both ordered an assortment of appetizers. (My lobster bisque and his crab mango stack were both delicious.) We were both quite happy with our meals and look forward to another visit to the Chart House the next time that we're in Tahoe. However, we were really there for the view, and we were not disappointed. The sunset was the best that I've seen outside of Hawaii, and the way the restaurant is situated, the views are just beautiful from almost any table. All in all, it was a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Best Chilean Sea Bass Ever!BarbaraVIPDined on 10/15/2014Chilean Sea Bass is my favorite fish and they had the best presentation ever with a Port Wine Reduction and cranberries on top of it and risotto beneath it! DELICIOUS! Very nice view of Lake Tahoe too! Excellent service too!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner with my SweetheartJewells10Dined on 10/14/2014Our vacation plans were drastically changed due to the hurricane in Cabo San Lucas so we decided to "stay local". Lake Tahoe is one of our favorite winter spots so we decided to go there instead. We've never had dinner at the Chart House in Lake Tahoe and were looking for a new special place to go to. The Chart House was definitely a good choice! The atmosphere was very quiet and romantic, even for a Tuesday evening! The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the wait staff was very attentive. This will certainly be added as a "must" dinner option during our winter stays. I look forward to going again in the day time to see the lake views.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMoonstarDined on 10/14/2014Our experience for our anniversary at Chart House was wonderful. They really went all out to make the occasion special. Especially when we saw Happy 47th Anniversary printed on the top of our menu. The food was delicious and our waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsetLFSKDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner at sunset. Food was delicious and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect blendMCK0529Dined on 10/10/2014This resturant was a perfect blend of great food,great service and comfortable ambience! Plenty of delicious food to choose from,not too quiet but not too noisy and a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantDan05Dined on 10/10/2014Food is always excellent at the Chart House. Will return.Special Features:
- Always Love Tahoe Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We have been going to Chart House in Tahoe for years. The food and ambiance are amazing and everyone is always so nice. I will say that for the first time ever, we were a bit put off by the hostess. We arrived a half hour earlier than our reservation, no one was waiting, there were many empty tables and they were clearly staffed. When I noted to the hostess that we were 30 minutes earlier and have reservations for 6:00 she immediately said "Then we will seat you at 6:00." We were stunned and decided to eat in the bar. For those that have never been here, the bar offers the same amazing views and you're closer to drinks! Anyway, not a big deal and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!GreatVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had an absolutely wonderful experience at the Chart House. Food was excellent, beautiful view, good service! Would most definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- Food with a ViewKnightdinerDined on 10/6/2014The food was excellent, I had the crab stuffed shrimp. Full bar and some nice specialty cocktails. One of the best parts however is the view of Lake Tahoe and the mountains from most seats in the place. We were there at sunset so it was particularly spectacular although for about 10 minutes we had the sun in our eyes just before it went behind the mountains. Didn't seem to be family place so I don't recommend kids. Decent wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!LovetoeatoutDined on 10/5/2014We have been to many chart house restaurants, from so. Cal to Hawaii. This did not disappoint. The views are spectacular and this made the evening! Food was very good also. The decor could be updated a bit but was clean. Nice anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceGOLDIEDined on 10/4/2014You can't go wrong with dining at the Chart House. Overlooking the beautiful Lake Tahoe as the sun sets surrounded by great food, friends/family and great service truly makes for an enjoyable stay in Lake Tahoe. The experience was very relaxing and enjoyable. It is definitely a hit. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Lake ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We always try to go to the Chart House when visiting So Lake Tahoe, esp when there is a special occasion... The View of the Lake is spectacular, if you have a dinner before the sun sets.. Our waiter and assistant were very professional.. The food was excellant, as usual..Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceFoodieDined on 10/3/2014I LOVE the Chart House in South Lake Tahoe. The food is amazing, the service is wonderful and it has such a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe. The sunsets are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!luvgoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014Have lived in the Carson-Tahoe area over 30 years and never been to Chart House. As a frequent diner, usually go to Reno for great food. What a mistake I have made for 30 years. Atmosphere, service and excellent food! Compliments to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food was not exceptional, but it was good. View was great. Service a bit slow, but the waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- Excellent placetahoegentDined on 9/28/2014I have always love the Chart House. It consistently offers great meals and service.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Excellent ServiceHbrasilVIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was spot on. The food was paced, flavorful and beautifully presented. The restaurant is beautiful and the views are gorgeous. Lake top setting is perfect! Wine list was reasonable and great selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent Restaurant. The food and atmosphere are second to none!Special Features:
- Absolutely Loved It!!BESTFOODEVERDined on 9/27/2014The Chart House gave my brother-in-law and new wife and fantastic wedding dinner with a perfect view of the lake. The service was fantastic with congratulation from several staff members. I am still raving about the fantastic food and service to everyone I talk to. Thanks so much for making their small wedding dinner memorable. I recommend everyone have dinner here.Special Features:
- Rather disappointing experienceGoodfoodDined on 9/24/2014The views are spectacular! Service was excellent. Oysters and ceseare salad was excellent. The main courses, baked stuffed shrimp and filet mignon were mediocre at best. Baked stuffed shrimp were small and lacked sauce. Filet mignon was dry and tasteless. Wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- fiteaterDined on 9/21/2014Went with my husband on our "fitcation" to The Ridge. We were ravenous from hiking. Got a large booth with a view of the lake. Great drinks and wine and fabulous food. Surf and Turf for him, Steak with a mushroom side for me. Whitney took care of our every need in a quiet professional way. Delicious and more food than we could eat. Probably one of the best restaurants I've eaten at in Tahoe. North or South.Special Features:
- ServiceGoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014Doug gave us excellent service and recommendations. I had the Shrimp/Spinach linguine which was wonderful. My husband had the filet mignon which he said had a lot of gristle in it which made it tougher than he expected. The staff were all friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Inevitably coming back!CnTRobDined on 9/18/2014Very excellent and attentive service! Food was well prepared and well presented. Nice touch with the special occasion printed on top the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCarguy94VIPDined on 9/17/2014The sad part is the food was very good. The service ruined the experience. We had a 745 reservation. They sat us promptly. The waitress was in attentive and kept forgetting to bring parts of the order. One of my guest order Prime Rib, about 15 minutes later after we finished our salads she came back to inform him they were out. I would have thought she would have known much sooner had she been paying attention. Even being a Landry Select Club member did no good service was horrible.
- A disappointmentwdc88Dined on 9/16/2014We went for the sunset view -- a great pleasure which we watched from the bar, as we were unable to book a table far enough in advance to get the timing right. Settling in for dinner, we encountered slow service and mediocre food (overcooked salmon for me). Don't think we'll be back.
- GREAT CELEBRATION!PNDLUV2TRAVELDined on 9/16/2014MADE RESERVATIONS ONLINE AND ASKED FOR A VIEW TABLE TO HELP CELEBRATE OUR 42ND ANNIVERSARY. WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE GREETED BY THE HOSTESS WHO SEATED US AT A TABLE WITH A GREAT VIEW AND WAS HANDED A MENU THAT READ AT THE TOP HAPPY 42ND ANNIVERSARY. WHAT A TREAT. THE SERVICE WAS IMPECIBLE AND THE FOOD WAS GREAT. MY HUSBAND'S FILET MIGNON WAS THE BEST HE HAD EVER HAD. OUR WAITER, JESSE GAVE US SUPERIOR SERVICE. THE MANAGER, TONY ALSO CAME UP TO OUR TABLE TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING WAS AND TO WISH US A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. JUST WISH WE LIVED CLOSER SO WE COULD DINE HERE MORE OFTEN. ON OUR NEXT TRIP TO TAHOE WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiMaeDined on 9/15/2014Very nice restaurant;good food; excellent service!!Special Features:
- Alway a fine dinning placeRobertDined on 9/14/2014I Dine here every time I am the Tahoe area and have never been disappointed, the food and service is always over the top!Special Features:
- Chart HouseJT255Dined on 9/12/2014The service is excellent, the food is great and the views are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Chart House Lake TahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Every time we celebrate any occasion., we go to Chart House Lake Tahoe. It is always upbeat and fun and the food is always delicious. The setting of Lake Tahoe makes the scenery enjoyable.Special Features:
- ExcellentcarlsbaddinerDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant has one of the best locations and the finest food in South Lake Tahoe. Everything we had was prepared fresh and was superb. The service was excellent, and the views are astonishing of the Lake. We ended a week stay by having a sunset dinner here and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 9/9/2014Noisy. Hostess Put us next to large group table of 14. Disappointing couldn't hear our table of 4 chat. Food good but steaks overcooked. Great View. Note road to restaurant is under 24 hour construction allow extra 1/2 hour to get there.Special Features:
- Quite enjoyable eveningchasjan1954Dined on 9/9/2014We had our 60th anniversary at Chart House and it couldn't have been any better for service, food, and friendliness. We each (party of 4) had a divverent dish and were impressed with the food and the presentations. A surprise at the end of our dinner when the manager and waiter John (Grest!!) brought us a cake and a signed menu as a keepsake. just wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/7/2014Chart House is always consistent with good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceMdineDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I ate here on our vacation. We enjoyed dining and viewing the beautiful view of the lake. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House - TahoeDano57Dined on 9/6/2014I have been coming here for 14 years and never disappointed until last week... The food was horrible, the waitress was so-so, and the entire visit was just not what you would expect from Chart House, but I have been seeing this restaurant decline steadily (Ft Lauderdale also) over the past several years and will not be back... Steaks overcooked, even the baked potato's were burnt... complained and they brought us another burnt one... just sad to see this beautiful location with Lake Tahoe scenery starting to resemble a 2 star restaurant and I am being kind with 2 stars.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Went there for our 19 year anniversary dinner. Was great food, service, view of the lake at sunset was beautiful. Lobster bisque was delicious. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- AMAZINGIenjoygoodfoodDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time here and My Husband and I Loved it. The view was so lovely, the food was out of this world. There was a warm welcome we arrived, the staff were awesome. We just spent the Labor Day weekend with all 5 of our children, there spouses and 9 Grandchildren 5 and under. This was our dinner Monday night after everyone headed home. It was so nice to sit there and watch the sun go down. There was also some road work and we received a call to let us know about it so we wouldn't miss our reservation. Really helped us make it on time. We come to Lake Tahoe every year. we rent a house and have a blast together. However, this was a true treat. We'll see you next Labor Day.Special Features: