Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
392 Kingsbury Grade
Lake Tahoe, NV 89449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7755886276
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (Lounge opens daily at 4:30 pm); Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm in bar and lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
Nestled halfway up the mountain just minutes from the bustling casinos of downtown Stateline, this cliffside Chart House offers a spectacular view of the entire Lake Tahoe basin. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Ahi Tuna, Maryland Style Crab Cakes & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (253)special occasion (207)romantic (177)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (75)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (53)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- DisappointingCarguy94VIPDined on 9/17/2014The sad part is the food was very good. The service ruined the experience. We had a 745 reservation. They sat us promptly. The waitress was in attentive and kept forgetting to bring parts of the order. One of my guest order Prime Rib, about 15 minutes later after we finished our salads she came back to inform him they were out. I would have thought she would have known much sooner had she been paying attention. Even being a Landry Select Club member did no good service was horrible.
- GREAT CELEBRATION!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014MADE RESERVATIONS ONLINE AND ASKED FOR A VIEW TABLE TO HELP CELEBRATE OUR 42ND ANNIVERSARY. WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE GREETED BY THE HOSTESS WHO SEATED US AT A TABLE WITH A GREAT VIEW AND WAS HANDED A MENU THAT READ AT THE TOP HAPPY 42ND ANNIVERSARY. WHAT A TREAT. THE SERVICE WAS IMPECIBLE AND THE FOOD WAS GREAT. MY HUSBAND'S FILET MIGNON WAS THE BEST HE HAD EVER HAD. OUR WAITER, JESSE GAVE US SUPERIOR SERVICE. THE MANAGER, TONY ALSO CAME UP TO OUR TABLE TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING WAS AND TO WISH US A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. JUST WISH WE LIVED CLOSER SO WE COULD DINE HERE MORE OFTEN. ON OUR NEXT TRIP TO TAHOE WE WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Very nice restaurant;good food; excellent service!!Special Features:
- Chart HouseJT255Dined on 9/12/2014The service is excellent, the food is great and the views are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Chart House Lake TahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Every time we celebrate any occasion., we go to Chart House Lake Tahoe. It is always upbeat and fun and the food is always delicious. The setting of Lake Tahoe makes the scenery enjoyable.Special Features:
- ExcellentcarlsbaddinerDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant has one of the best locations and the finest food in South Lake Tahoe. Everything we had was prepared fresh and was superb. The service was excellent, and the views are astonishing of the Lake. We ended a week stay by having a sunset dinner here and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 9/9/2014Noisy. Hostess Put us next to large group table of 14. Disappointing couldn't hear our table of 4 chat. Food good but steaks overcooked. Great View. Note road to restaurant is under 24 hour construction allow extra 1/2 hour to get there.Special Features:
- Quite enjoyable eveningchasjan1954Dined on 9/9/2014We had our 60th anniversary at Chart House and it couldn't have been any better for service, food, and friendliness. We each (party of 4) had a divverent dish and were impressed with the food and the presentations. A surprise at the end of our dinner when the manager and waiter John (Grest!!) brought us a cake and a signed menu as a keepsake. just wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/7/2014Chart House is always consistent with good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceMdineDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I ate here on our vacation. We enjoyed dining and viewing the beautiful view of the lake. The food was excellent and our server was very attentive. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House - TahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014I have been coming here for 14 years and never disappointed until last week... The food was horrible, the waitress was so-so, and the entire visit was just not what you would expect from Chart House, but I have been seeing this restaurant decline steadily (Ft Lauderdale also) over the past several years and will not be back... Steaks overcooked, even the baked potato's were burnt... complained and they brought us another burnt one... just sad to see this beautiful location with Lake Tahoe scenery starting to resemble a 2 star restaurant and I am being kind with 2 stars.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Went there for our 19 year anniversary dinner. Was great food, service, view of the lake at sunset was beautiful. Lobster bisque was delicious. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- AMAZINGIenjoygoodfoodDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time here and My Husband and I Loved it. The view was so lovely, the food was out of this world. There was a warm welcome we arrived, the staff were awesome. We just spent the Labor Day weekend with all 5 of our children, there spouses and 9 Grandchildren 5 and under. This was our dinner Monday night after everyone headed home. It was so nice to sit there and watch the sun go down. There was also some road work and we received a call to let us know about it so we wouldn't miss our reservation. Really helped us make it on time. We come to Lake Tahoe every year. we rent a house and have a blast together. However, this was a true treat. We'll see you next Labor Day.Special Features:
- Date nightSocialGirlDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed everything! The staff was outstanding, the food was delicious and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!Love2eatDined on 8/31/2014This place was recommended by a friend so I thought I would try it out. The food was amazing! Our server was very friendly and helpful. This place is not really for kids. It's great for a date night. I would deffinately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINEDDined on 8/31/2014the food was ONLY fair, and a little over priced, it was a VERY special occasion and we were disappointed........ it will a long time before we go again........Special Features:
- def65renoDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service and an amazing view!!! The sunsets are fantastic!Special Features:
- Absolutely Stellar view-Tahoe best!JoMama10Dined on 8/29/2014Just gorgeous view and the food, particularly the prime rib, is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The Chart House in south Tahoe is a must do if you are spending any amount of time in South Lake Tahoe. The menu is superb with numerous options to satisfy just about everyone's dinning desires. If you get the chance I would suggest reading the menu on line prior to your dinner reservations. If not the wait staff does an excellent job helping with the decision process with great enthusiasm not seen in many upper scale restaurants. I would suggest dining early and leave room for patience when attempting to leave the parking lot after your meal. The parking lot could benifit from a New York style traffic cop to keep the dining experience at the top of your list for places to return to..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I have dined in various Chart Houses and received good food and atmosphere. This Chart House has changed for the worse. The salad bar (which costs extra) is smaller with less of a selection. The Squaw bread is gone in favor of the "run of the mill rolls." No imagination from the Chef when it came to items on the plate that accompanied the main course. My chicken was pounded to death and so thin that when it was fried it became tough, crusty, and greasy. Then it was covered with gravy to try and disguise the mess. I've had better frozen items. My husband and I did not finish our dinner. The meal was extremely over priced for what we received. We don't mind paying extra for good food and service but in this case we felt short changed, SAD!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner is a mustOnetallguy123Dined on 8/26/2014Took my wife for our 4 year anniversary. We originally went to the Chart House in Monterey for our honeymoon. So to find one in Tahoe was perfect. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. SpockMrSpockDined on 8/25/2014Excellent location for a romantic evening. Food is extraordinary, and the chefs are very accommodating to special requests. The views of Lake Tahoe are amazing.Special Features:
- BigDogBigDogDined on 8/24/2014Great View, Food, and Service attentive and pleasant. We make this restaurant an annual stop each summer when come to visit for the month of august. We brought a group of 45 to your banquet room in July. Many complements from our group. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the other locationssanfranciescoDined on 8/23/2014The server was a bit snotty, kind of short with us like he was hurrying to get off his shift. I've been to 2 different Chart House locations (Malibu and McCormick Ranch) and the food here was not up to par, not as fresh or well made. I boasted about the lava cake was greatly disappointed. A bit of a bummer because we were celebrating a very special birthday.Special Features:
- AnniversaryMHfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We came from out of town and I mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservations. They printed up special menus printed with happy anniversary and the date that were ours to keep. The waiter was very attentive and service was some of the best I have ever experienced. Food was fabulous, and The manager stopped by to check on us and took the time to wish us happy anniversary. The extra attention to detail at the chart house sets them apart from the rest. I would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CleoVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful evening. We were celebrating my husbands birthday while on vacation in Tahoe. Everything was perfect, window seat, menus with my husband's name and complimentary mud pie for dessert. I would highly recommend an evening at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Dinner2die4Dined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. Beautiful views of the lake and mountains with the setting. The service was perfect. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was delicious. I had the 18 oz prime rib (Callahan cut) and my wife had the filet mignon. Both were incredibly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacerussnmaryDined on 8/23/2014We have gone to the Chart House for our anniversary for the last 4 years. The always have a menu preprinted with our name and anniversary date. The service is excellent, food excellent. View of lake Tahoe from most tables.Special Features:
- SkoopsDined on 8/21/2014Great food, service, and view! Unfortunately like 99% of all nice restaurants in this day and age, does not have a dress code.Special Features:
- Romantic Dining in TahoemarriedAchefDined on 8/20/2014My Wife and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary, I made reservations thru Open Table, noting this; we were graciously welcomed and immediately seated at a spectacular view table. Doug, our waiter, was impeccable. His recommendations were spot on, enhancing our evening dining experience. Even our menu was printed with reference to our anniversary. My wife had the seafood trio and the crab cake was exceptional, I choose the blackened Alaskan Halibut with an avocado/tomato/blue crab topping, it was mouthwatering delicious. Dessert was on the house which we were not expecting. We will return on our next trip to South Lake Tahoe and trying the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake too!Special Features:
- Great view, not great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2014As great as the view is from Tahoe's Chart House, and as attentive and helpful as the wait staff is, neither can make up for the listless meals offered at exorbitant prices. Our party was sufficiently large to try a good portion of the menu. The beef eaters were fairly well satisfied with the taste, if not the price, but the fish eaters all found their meals less than stellar. Sure, these cuts of meat and fish can be pricey, but if you're going to charge $30 for an entree, make it taste good and don't cover the plates with pilafs that look and taste like they come from a box.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Very difficult to find at night. Got a window seat but could not see the Lake. Food was great. Server Jennifer was teriffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart house/south lake tahoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful with great views of the lake at sunset. The food is very good and the salad bar is wonderful. It is one of the best chart house restaurant s that I have been too.Special Features:
- We loved it!HeidiAVIPDined on 8/14/2014Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the view is outstanding. We were super happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Terrible tasting food and overpriced!! Will never go back
- perfect lake tahoe viewluveatingoutDined on 8/13/2014Ambience and one of few restaurants with a salad bar and great food, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Spectacular ViewGoodyfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014For our last night in Lake Tahoe we wanted something special. We have been to Chart House in the past and figured we could do no wrong. All in all it was fine. My husband and I did feel that our waiter was a bit high pressure where he didn't need to be, pushing dessert way too soon (it needed 30 minutes prep time). The $20 corking fee for BYOB is a bit much (max should be $15). And once he opened the bottle to breathe he never came back with wine glasses. After more than 10 minutes we finally had to ask the manager for them. My husband and I each ordered steaks, they were ok nothing amazing. I got the teriyaki sirloin, a little too chewy for my taste. My husband's strip could have used more seasoning. Otherwise we enjoyed.Special Features:
- stunning Tahoe view, great stafffavspotDined on 8/12/2014The view is great, see Lake Tahoe at sunset from the panoramic view windows, and enjoy some of the best food on the lake IMHO !..Chart House never fails to please with a great menu selection ,and Happy Hour pricing from the bar. For desert, always save room for the Lava Cake...best in the industry !! Chris gave great service, and with the Landry's Club points and menu personalization, you can't beat the package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatRalphTVIPDined on 8/12/2014This Chart House is just down the hill from our house so we frequently go here for their great happy hour. Ate a regular dinner here the other night and all the food we had was excellent. From the Caesar salad macadamia mahi to chicken tenders for my granddaughter and the Molton lava cake which needed to be more Moltonie.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was fantastic, sorry I can't remember his name. Food, service, and view were great. My favorite treat when I visit Tahoe!Special Features: