Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
392 Kingsbury Grade
Lake Tahoe, NV 89449Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (775) 588-6276
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (Lounge opens daily at 4:30 pm); Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm in bar and lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe
Nestled halfway up the mountain just minutes from the bustling casinos of downtown Stateline, this cliffside Chart House offers a spectacular view of the entire Lake Tahoe basin. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Spiced Ahi Tuna, Maryland Style Crab Cakes & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
Chart House Restaurant - Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (186)special occasion (160)romantic (139)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (37)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- enjoyable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Our reservation for a party of 4 was booked through open table for 6Pm on a Sat. night and we arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Our waiter Doug was very attentive, humorous and very knowledgable about the best preparation of certain entrées. One of us asked him if he was also the chef. Very convenient location for fine dining if your staying off of the Kingsbury Grade. Prices were also reasonable for fine dining in Tahoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningLadiesDined on 11/14/2014Our annual trip to Tahoe would not be complete with out an evening at The Chart House. We had a great evening. the only negative were the crab cakes, a bit fishy;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/11/2014Steak was tender & cooked to proper temperature as ordered, but not seasoned very well. Stuffed shrimp was not very good.
- AnniversaryCAFoodieDined on 11/10/2014Horrible seating noisy no view not VIP treatment promised
- All is Said AboveMarkDined on 11/10/2014Fit for foodies, a neighborhood gem for any occasion with a vibrant bar scene, delicious food and a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catherine's Bday CelebrationChartHouseinTahoeDined on 11/10/2014Overall, our experience was great. The service was excellent, the view of Lake Tahoe was wonderful, the salad bar was great, the food was wonderful. However, we were not impress with their Filet Mignon. They served the filet over well instead of medium and for the price they were charging, the filet could be thicker and better prepared.Special Features:
- Lacking sophisticated serverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014Our server was a younger guy, personable, however, too casual for a nice, 'special occasion' restaurant. His demeanor and greeting was as if he was serving in a casual restaurant to some young adults. He didn't create the 'sophisticated' environment and the romantic restaurant experience that I expected for our wedding anniversary dinner. The food was good (we had filet and crab stuffed shrimp), but not excellent as I had hoped and experienced at other similar steak/seafood restaurants.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014We spent in excess of $500 for two couples and it just wasn't worth it. Not the ambience and certainly not the food. The waiter however was very good and did salvage the evening.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 11/7/2014The view is spectacular. The service was excellent. They even gave my husband his birthday discount and we didn't even ask for it. I ordered the Prime Rib and it was HUGE - like two inches thick. It was very good.Special Features:
- AMAZING MEAL!EricDined on 11/6/2014We stop at the Chart House whenever we are visiting Lake Tahoe. Special occasions, birthday, are the BEST!Special Features:
- great view and food. pricy thoughkodihDined on 11/6/2014Overall good experience but be prepared to spend well over 100$ for two people. The staff is very pushy trying to sell you everything they can. But the food is very good. And overall I would recrecommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinnerChartHouseLoyalDined on 11/3/2014Food was great, service was great. Crying babies didn't help set the mood for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restauants!CathyAVIPDined on 11/2/2014Consistently excellent through the years. I always try to go when I'm in Tahoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience is warm and welcoming.dh623Dined on 11/2/2014Service was terrific, attentive but not overly. Food presentation was eye-pleasing. Macadamia-crusted Mahi was fantastic, the prime rib was tasty but a bit overcooked (medium and not the as-ordered rare. Overal it was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and service - lousy foodmauijohnDined on 11/2/2014We've enjoyed many special occasions over the years but our recent dinner on 11/2 was not good from the beginning. The mood music was too loud and not relaxing. The cocktails were poorly prepared. The mushroom goat cheese was cold and we had to request a side of goat cheese as little to none arrived in the dish. My wife sent back the chicken - it was flavorless and had gristle. My scallops were just "ok", luke warm and not a lot of flavor. The icing on the cake was the molten lava cake which requires 30 minutes prior notice. It came out "warm" and the chocolate filling was cold. Thanks for the birthday candle and then charging us $10.95 for the desert. The server have to be embarrassed and frustrated with the lame kitchen and bar.Special Features:
- A reliable and consistent mealBKezDined on 10/31/2014For a higher end restaurant (especially a chain), being predictable is a huge compliment in itself. The food is always prepared exactly how we want it. They obviously use the best ingredients. In the off chance the temp of your prime rib, or filet is off, or maybe the fish isn't quite what you expected... Not to worry, let them know. They WANT you to have a great meal. The wait and bus staff are always on the ball, and a real pleasure... We never have to ask for a refill. Special note to Russ... He's always our waiter and always a real pleasure. He pays attention to detail and does little things to top the experience off. He truly is a pro and will say the fact that he's been there for the last several years we've been going, says it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chart House!napavalleyshopperDined on 10/31/2014The Chart House is our favorite in the Tahoe Area! The ambiance, food, service and view are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not impressedLuvGoodFoodDined on 10/26/2014It was our anniversary, we let them know as much in our Open Table reservation. We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation. Right out of the gate the host was not friendly at all. We waited 20 minutes to be seated. Our server was not all that friendly either. Neither one of them made us feel special or welcome. Honestly we have gotten warmer greetings at McDonalds. Our food came out quickly and was good. From the time we placed our order until we were done eating 45 minutes had elapsed. It took another 25 minutes to get the bill after we were done! Thankfully we paid cash so we were able to get the heck out quickly after that. We will not return.Special Features:
- Best Clam Chowder Efffffferrrrr!!!PhilioradoVIPDined on 10/24/2014This Place is Fantastic!!! I have been to other Chart houses in Steamboat & Denver so I knew when we got into Tahoe late & had no clue where to go this would not let us down. My Lady & I had a great experience, the Foods was amazing, creative & full of flavor!! We had a super tasty bottle of wine at a decent price. The Server was incredibly knowledgeable on the menu & flavors for each dish as well as pairing them with the right wine. However what we did not expect was to taste the best Clam Chowder Ever!!!!! I mean, Wow was this some good stuff!!! So Good that we had to come back the next day for Happy Hour to get another bowl of Chowder & an amazing Fancy Cucumber Martini!! I will be Back next time I'm in Tahoe for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but serviceDYDYDined on 10/24/2014Worst waiter I have had in 20 years. Cannot for the life of me figure out what his problem was. I have never seen a wine bottle slid across the table into something else to clear for another course. BizarreSpecial Features:
- Off the Chart!!TravelingeatsDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter paired us with the Pinot. We sipped on our wine while watching the sun set over the Lake... Perfection!! Mushroom bruschetta, filet mingnons, scallops, pork loins... You can not go wrong here! Dessert was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DominodivasDined on 10/21/2014Certainly one of the finest dinners I have had. We will return their whenever we are in town.Special Features:
- 39 downDSSforfishDined on 10/19/2014I made the reservation through OpenTable and had to change the date which was very easy and no problem. The reservation was to celebrate my 39th wedding anniversary which I included on a note with my reservation on OT. Even though I changed the date of the reservation everything went smoothly with the staff acknowledging my anniversary and they even had a special menu made up with anniversary wishes. A touch of class. I ordered the sea bass but they were out of of and then selected the Mahi which the server let me have the risotto with it. My wife ordered the filet and a side of the Asian green beans. Well both of our meals were excellent. Probably the best meal that I had in 2014! The lava cake to end the night!Special Features:
- Wasn't what we thought...Will4mike2flyDined on 10/18/2014We chose the Chart House for our anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, it was not the romantic experience that we thought it would be. It was full of life, somewhat noisy, and a little cold inside the building. I will say that the food was great and made up for the "hustle and bustle" type atmosphere. Try the prime rib!! Horseradish sauce needs to be hotter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mauihaoles123VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our favorite spot in S. Lake Tahoe. Always dependable, always good food, service, and you can't beat the view.Special Features:
- viewDined on 10/18/2014We went to the Chart House for our 28th anniversary. They were on time and got us a window seat so we had a great view of the sunset. The food was priced right and was out of this world. I got the 18 oz prime rib which was cooked to perfection. This is the 3rd wedding anniversary we have spent at the Lake Tahoe Chart House and will be back next year. Lee CahaylaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening at The Chart House. My husband's Sea Bass was amazing and I had the Shrimp & Artichoke pasta that was very tasty too. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. We were there celebrating my husband's birthday and they seated us on time, at a lovely table. The only semi-negative comment that I have is that we were seated at a table near a patio door, so when it was sunset, there was quite a bit of traffic in/out of the door. I would suggest a less congested area to designate for patrons to enjoy the patio.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningcarol4180Dined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful time at the Chart House. My husband and I both ordered an assortment of appetizers. (My lobster bisque and his crab mango stack were both delicious.) We were both quite happy with our meals and look forward to another visit to the Chart House the next time that we're in Tahoe. However, we were really there for the view, and we were not disappointed. The sunset was the best that I've seen outside of Hawaii, and the way the restaurant is situated, the views are just beautiful from almost any table. All in all, it was a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Best Chilean Sea Bass Ever!BarbaraVIPDined on 10/15/2014Chilean Sea Bass is my favorite fish and they had the best presentation ever with a Port Wine Reduction and cranberries on top of it and risotto beneath it! DELICIOUS! Very nice view of Lake Tahoe too! Excellent service too!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner with my SweetheartJewells10Dined on 10/14/2014Our vacation plans were drastically changed due to the hurricane in Cabo San Lucas so we decided to "stay local". Lake Tahoe is one of our favorite winter spots so we decided to go there instead. We've never had dinner at the Chart House in Lake Tahoe and were looking for a new special place to go to. The Chart House was definitely a good choice! The atmosphere was very quiet and romantic, even for a Tuesday evening! The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the wait staff was very attentive. This will certainly be added as a "must" dinner option during our winter stays. I look forward to going again in the day time to see the lake views.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMoonstarDined on 10/14/2014Our experience for our anniversary at Chart House was wonderful. They really went all out to make the occasion special. Especially when we saw Happy 47th Anniversary printed on the top of our menu. The food was delicious and our waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsetLFSKDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed a lovely dinner at sunset. Food was delicious and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect blendMCK0529Dined on 10/10/2014This resturant was a perfect blend of great food,great service and comfortable ambience! Plenty of delicious food to choose from,not too quiet but not too noisy and a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantDan05Dined on 10/10/2014Food is always excellent at the Chart House. Will return.Special Features:
- Always Love Tahoe Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We have been going to Chart House in Tahoe for years. The food and ambiance are amazing and everyone is always so nice. I will say that for the first time ever, we were a bit put off by the hostess. We arrived a half hour earlier than our reservation, no one was waiting, there were many empty tables and they were clearly staffed. When I noted to the hostess that we were 30 minutes earlier and have reservations for 6:00 she immediately said "Then we will seat you at 6:00." We were stunned and decided to eat in the bar. For those that have never been here, the bar offers the same amazing views and you're closer to drinks! Anyway, not a big deal and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!GreatVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had an absolutely wonderful experience at the Chart House. Food was excellent, beautiful view, good service! Would most definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- Food with a ViewKnightdinerDined on 10/6/2014The food was excellent, I had the crab stuffed shrimp. Full bar and some nice specialty cocktails. One of the best parts however is the view of Lake Tahoe and the mountains from most seats in the place. We were there at sunset so it was particularly spectacular although for about 10 minutes we had the sun in our eyes just before it went behind the mountains. Didn't seem to be family place so I don't recommend kids. Decent wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!LovetoeatoutDined on 10/5/2014We have been to many chart house restaurants, from so. Cal to Hawaii. This did not disappoint. The views are spectacular and this made the evening! Food was very good also. The decor could be updated a bit but was clean. Nice anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceGOLDIEDined on 10/4/2014You can't go wrong with dining at the Chart House. Overlooking the beautiful Lake Tahoe as the sun sets surrounded by great food, friends/family and great service truly makes for an enjoyable stay in Lake Tahoe. The experience was very relaxing and enjoyable. It is definitely a hit. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Lake ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We always try to go to the Chart House when visiting So Lake Tahoe, esp when there is a special occasion... The View of the Lake is spectacular, if you have a dinner before the sun sets.. Our waiter and assistant were very professional.. The food was excellant, as usual..Special Features: