Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
1501 River Place Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9043983353x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30-9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Alex Medina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private banquets during our daytime hours in our dining room. We can also accommodate parties up to seventy five semi-privately in our dining room. We are a favorite location for rehearsal dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Laver 9043983353x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
Located on the south bank of the St. Johns River, Chart House offers a panoramic view of the downtown skyline. The unique architecture combined with the beautiful setting has delighted diners for more than 25 years. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (82)romantic (66)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food and drinks were great. Seating with reservation was prompt. Service was a little slow but may have been due to the large convention crowd. Interior design was very interesting and helped offset the less than wonderful exterior view which looked like we were overlooking an abandoned shipyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiondatenightfolksDined on 9/21/2014We always choose Chart House when we have a special occasion or an event that is downtown. This time the quality was not quite up to par, things were just a bit off. We ordered calamari which came out under cooked. When we brought it the waiters attention, they quickly replaced it with another order. The mixed grill was good but only 3 shrimp, one crab cake and a piece of salmon which was over cooked. Like I said, just a bit off, hopefully things will get back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DNL Logistics PresidentlinyDined on 9/19/2014We had a great dinner and the managers went out of their way to make it that waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerhhidineVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took our son out for a first time dinner at Chart House. We are pleased with this location. The server was new and has some learning to do.Special Features:
- Always GooddtwinjaxDined on 9/18/2014I always love eating here - food and service are great (esp. seafood) and view over water and downtown awesome! Don't know why they are rarely crowded. Thanks again!Special Features:
- WOW!jafco13Dined on 9/14/2014I was impressed with how quickly we were seated and right at the window to overlook the river. Then the wait staff was very nice. Ryan our waiter was a real gentleman. The food was fantastic! The chef coming out at the end of dinner was unexpected and very pleasant; thank you to Damien for a very tasty dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linyDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was excellent the view was great the food was excellent the service was really good the drinks were good and the restaurant itself is beautiful. It has a fountain and stone walls with some really beautiful woodwork the tables were set up very nicely it was a great experience.Special Features:
- dinnerFreeDinnerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I recommend the seafood. I do not recommend the beef or Prime Rib. Great Place for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningmavenDined on 9/12/2014A unique and lovely space in which to dine with a beautiful view of the St. Johns River and the Jacksonville skyline. The food and drinks are well prepared and the service spot on. It is way above average for a chain, but should not be confused with fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous salad barspecial4usDined on 9/10/2014We love Chart House and have spent many special occasions there and they always make it memorable. Love the menu with our anniversary date on it with best wishes. We've enjoyed them for so many years and hope to keep doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating my wife's and brother-in-law's birthdays. Our server 'Mo' did a fantastic job in meeting our drinks and dining needs always with a pleasant smile and demeanor. We've always enjoyed coming to the 'House' because of the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningSoccermomDined on 8/30/2014As always, the Chart House delivered. This is restaurant we can count on for great food, excellent service and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding customer service.JaxTonyaDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding service. Well worth the money. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okAlexDined on 8/27/2014Food was ok as compared to other Chart House restaurants. Have had better in Ft. Lauderdale and Melbourne.Special Features:
- Love the chart house.wbt90Dined on 8/24/2014A wonderful romantic setting, with great food and atmosphere. The chocolate dessert is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLauraVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our hopes were to be outside on their deck but 20 some knot winds wouldn't let us. If one lives In Jacksonville and wants a good dinner on the ocean, this is one of the few choices that exist and is the best. Our party of eight was well taken care of and all enjoyed their appetizers, dinner and desserts. It was my birthday so I choose The Reef having eaten there may times with hopes of better weather and an outside table. None of the other three coupes had been to The Reef before but they will be returning. It is a pretty drive along AIA.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing, my girlfriend never finishs her plates if I take her out. The food was that good. She ate every bite. We shared the crab cake and it was wonderful. All meat no filling. And the parking was a nice bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We had another great experience there. The eatupdowntown menu had good choices and was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedtjaxDined on 8/21/2014We haven't been to the Chart House in a long time. We took advantage of the "Eat Up Downtown" special. I ordered the Clam Chowder for appetizer and the Cod for entrée and we both the Mud Pie (the only choice) for dessert. My fiancé ordered the Gazpacho for appetizer and the Herb crusted salmon for her entrée. We enjoy sampling each other's choices and it was all fantastic. During the meal, the chef (Damien I think) came out and asked our opinion of the food. His doing this was easy, but very impressive to us. We only wish there was something we could have ordered instead of one of the Mud Pies. That was a lot of sugar at the end of the meal for both of us. I later wondered if we could have gotten another appetizer instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Had dinner with 3 of our neighbors. Everyone loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House JAXChartHouseDined on 8/19/2014Reservation was honored. Escorted quickly to our table. Happy Hour was going at the Bar area, many people enjoying the location. Very noisy in the Bar area, but noise was filtered out as we arrived at our Table. Décor was elegant, but the early 60's design is becoming faded. Glass windows face the River - beautiful views are blocked right now with construction of new Southbank. But beautiful. Windows are in need up replacement/updating. Copper accents also in need of cleaning/repair/brightening. Server was excellent, quick, and entertaining. Floor Manager and Head Chef stopped by to check on our meal. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaDined on 8/18/2014Food not as good as usual. Clam chowder had very few clams and was very salty. Not offered the Early Dining menu nor the "Eat Up Downtown" menses until we asked for them.Special Features:
- Excellent view happy hour/dinnerLuvthisplaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014Loved the happy hour drinks. Grouper and snapper were excellent along with stags leap Chardonnay!!Special Features:
- Great for a special eveningBobbidDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love to go to the Chart House to celebrate special occasions. This weekend we celebrated his birthday with a wonderful meal, great view and outstanding service. What I loved most about it was that I could enjoy an incredible tomato salad and one of their brand new appetizers without having to have an entree. Both were so delicious that I didn't feel I missed out on anything. I wish I had had room for dessert. Once again, the Chart House made our evening a night to remember.Special Features:
- Consistent QualitytimetogetherDined on 8/16/2014When my husband and I are looking for fine dining here in Jacksonville, this Chart House is always our choice. We have dined here several times over the years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is top notch, the ambience is perfect and the view of the river and downtown Jacksonville is just wonderful. It is fine dining. It is expensive, but it is completely worth it. We will return again and again and highly recommend Chart House Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally up to expectationsFreqdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Charthouse is one of the best of the corporate owned restaurants where you consistently get a great meal at very nice locations. On this visit the food wasn't quite up to what I normal get at Charthouse and the service wasn't quite there either. Not terrible but not up to normal caliber either. I will dine there again as 95% of the time its a wonderful experience and hopefully be able to give a better review.Special Features:
- Very expensiveJanetW402Dined on 8/14/2014This is one of those "fru fru" restaurants where they are just known for their name. Everything is "a la carte" so expect to pay a lot.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutSHuntDined on 8/14/2014We had a girls night out dinner and the Chart House fit our plans to a "T". We were very impressed with the food and drinks selection and our wait staff was fantastic!Special Features:
- Patricia41Dined on 8/13/2014This was a fun night at the Chart house. We asked for a window seat and got one, unfortunately there was a huge barge docked in front of the window. We enjoyed the meal and the service and the price. I am happy that the Chart House was participating in the Eat Up Downtown event. I will come again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetPeaDined on 8/11/2014The food was very good. This was one of my favorite restaurants, however with the economy it seems as if the prices have gone way up and the quantity of food has gone down. I was able to finish my entire meal which consisted of prime rib 10 oz, garlic mashed potatoes and an additional side order of asparagus(did not like the sauce on it). Based on the money we spent I would recommend III Forks over Chart House, sorry but I have a new favorite restaurant. Happy hour is better and the prices are easier on your purse.Special Features:
- Always A PleasureFancyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A trip to the Chart House is always a pleasure. The view of the beautiful river and downtown Jacksonville make it a treasure. I regret that Jacksonville does not have more Landrys restaurants like I frequented in Texas. We are certainly the losers.Special Features:
- kitcatdinetowineDined on 8/2/2014Everything was delicious! The only thing I would recommend is to increase the pour for the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Dinner for four....food fab as usual...we ate early..six o'clock...bar service to table...( drinks ordered from our wAitress) was pretty slow.... There was a busy happy hour going on with not a very full dining room,,,, our food came before our bottle of wine, which was just not as expected from this restaurant. Hard to know if it was waitress or bar ????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in JAXsces727VIPDined on 7/31/2014We were heading through Jacksonville at dinner time and realized there was a Chart House so decided to try it. This is the 4 th one in FL we have been to and we were not disappointed. Food and wait staff were excellent. We only hope they decide to renovate like the one in Melbourne so the view from the bar is as enticing as the food.Special Features:
- Not good bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We went to celebrate the farewell of our friend to Hawaii. One of the batender was very rude and impatient as I was the host and made the plans. I arrived 20 minutes later due to my work schedule. My friends wasn't aware of the plan. This bartender kept harassing us to make a decision. Please keep in mind we order tons of drinks and food from the happy hour (bar).
- Dinner with a view!Porter1826Dined on 7/26/2014Some of my closest and dearest girlfriends decided to dine at the Chart House for the first time. What an adventure! From the Moscato Sangria to the Smoking Shrimp Cocktail to the Stuffed Flounder. Everything was Delicious. Definitely looking forward to dining here again. Oh did I mention the view was perfect!!!Special Features:
- Is that wet wood I smell?ObYenbaDined on 7/16/2014Let's start with the ambience...amazing architecture, but, it smelled like they've had active water leaks for years and the Men's bathroom smelled like my dog after a day outside. Definitely not what I expected from Chart House...we've dined at other Chart House locations so we have decent reference points. Next, service...our waitress was extremely nice and at no point did our drinks run dry. However, at Chart House prices, I expect service to be impeccable and it was no better than what my Mom consistently provided as a Denny's waitress. Finally, the food was only good. The appetizer (shrimp/brie/artichoke) and dessert (Hot Chocolate Lava Cake) were awesome but our meals were average at best. Definitely did not meet my expectations.
- DelightedPickyEaterDined on 7/15/2014We went to Chart House to celebrate an anniversary, and we were given a window seat so we got to enjoy the view of the river. We ordered the lobster and shrimp spring rolls and they were delicious. For our main dishes he got the Salmon Rockefeller and I got the Best of Shrimp and we both enjoyed our meals very much. Our server was wonderful, he was polite and witty and always on top of everything. We both had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014This was a special occasion for my husband we had dinner for his birthday, great food and friendly staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerinventory3Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. Requested a water side table. Was seated on upper level. Three tables at water side remained unused during our dinner?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.