Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
1501 River Place Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (904) 398-3353
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30-9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Alex Medina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private banquets during our daytime hours in our dining room. We can also accommodate parties up to seventy five semi-privately in our dining room. We are a favorite location for rehearsal dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Laver 9043983353x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
Located on the south bank of the St. Johns River, Chart House offers a panoramic view of the downtown skyline. The unique architecture combined with the beautiful setting has delighted diners for more than 25 years. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (97)special occasion (77)romantic (66)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely EveningJaxTonyaDined on 11/23/2014I took my mom there for the first time. She loved every minute of it. The food was outstanding and the service was great.Special Features:
- Beautiful yet disappointedMarcDSimonDined on 11/22/2014Very beautiful interior with scenic views.. our waiter was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. . Most of the food was to our liking.. however the King crab legs were over cooked. The legs were rubbery.. kinda disappointed about the entree for the price.. however I would go back again and try something differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014We went to the Chart House on a cold evening for some great food. We found the service to be great and the restaurant manager to be a great host. However, the temperature in the restaurant was very cold and even after drinking several glasses of wine, we never warmed up. The food was very salty.
- Birthday dinnerkjsrDined on 11/17/2014The service was great. Choice of food items and quality of food was excellent. Very attentive servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DisappointedDined on 11/15/2014I have dined at other Chart House Restaurants but this one was a big disappointment. The bar staff were friendly and provided great service but the rest of the staff had the air of "you are fortunate that we allow you to dine here" attitude, or so it seemed. The salad bar was not kept up when things ran out and the steak was dry and flavorless. The ambiance is very nice though. I won't waste my time here again.
- Great view Trapped in time ChainSeaweedSoupDined on 11/4/2014Our waitress was fairly attentive. The salad bar is excellent. Our entrees were good to very good. None were exceptional. We had to send one ahi tuna back that should never have been served, but they were pleasant and prompt about replacing it, and the manager delivered it, which was a nice touch. The millwork in this place is both wonderful and trapped in time. To call the architecture unique is both accurate and an understatement. Great setting on the St. John's River. While few places have a better view, the food is surpassed by several local establishments that have more interesting menu and quirkiness. All in all, I would call this a safe choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much for too littleAllcowDined on 10/31/2014We have been coming to JAX Chart House for many years with a big group of FL/GA football fans. This will likely be our last visit to the Chart. Overpriced menu, routine selections and a once famous salad bar that is not noteworthy, and definitely not worth paying extra for. Service was pleasant but fell short of what you'd expect - not professional waiters/servers. The usual salad barbattendant was MIA so we could not enjoy the fresh Ceasar. While the riverfront location is tops and the unique building is one of a kind - our last visit left us with a "been there done that" type of feeling. All in our group said, let's plan on something else next year.Special Features:
- mariacarmelaDined on 10/28/2014First time at this location, incorrect food order was brought to table, long wait, 15 minutes for water, wrong wine. Not a good experience at all. II have been to the melbourne and NJ location and they were fabolus! Jacksonville was not a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Chart HousefoodieluvVIPDined on 10/26/2014My filet was overcooked and my husband's scallops were cool as if they had been sitting awhile. We were also seated at a table with our backs to the pretty river view even though there were many nice tables with a view that remained empty the entire time we were there for dinner! We have had better experiences there in the past, and that is the only reason I would still recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and consistentdavenesfDined on 10/25/2014While the menu is a bit on the pricey side, the quality of the food and service makes it worth the dollars paid. We have a few favorites on the menu, but wish they had a few more specials or seasonal changes in the menu to encourage diners to try something different. Always reliable and dependable so our expectations are high when walk in the door. This location never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundFriendsDined on 10/25/2014Birthday dinner with girlfriends. Did not disappoint. The service, the view and the FOOD Mmmmmm. Wonderful time had by all. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Meat was cold and stringy, big globs of white fat and didn't seem to be the Callahan cut. We have been eating at Chart House for years, I won't go back. Mojito wasn't good, had to find someone to make a Caesars Salad, just a terrible experience, watched people around us send food back, we should have but I'm afraid of what someone would do to the meat.
- Nice ambiancediningdivaDined on 10/25/2014We dined here before the Paul McCartney concert. We got there early and our table was waiting for us. The salad bar had a great choice of salad works, salads, caviar and loved the chilled plates. Our main course arrived after we had comfortably finished our salads. My only complaint, and those of our other guests, was that the food was not piping hot. If they can inprove on this, it would have been a perfect night.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/25/2014Coconut Shrimp was fried too long. Shrimp Scampi was dry. Food was cold. Was so disappointed as I had other restaurant choices in the same area. I was only in town for a one night special occasion.Special Features:
- Great FoodAnthony1Dined on 10/24/2014The food choices where great. The steak was the best I ever had. The wine list was long. The seafood choice was great. Just a great experience for me and my wife. I would definitely recommend this place for everyone to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SailorJonJohnDined on 10/23/2014We and our guests were welcomed cheerfully. Our riverside table was ready and the server was there right away. Both food and drink were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about that viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The interesting building and scenic view is impressive and inviting. We also experienced a pleasant, informed, professional waitstaff. There is an optional, well stocked salad bar, if you enjoy salad bars. We opted to order salads from the menu. Dining room is large and tables and large booths are all positioned to take advantage of the wonderful river view. The quality of the food was moderate, but certainly enjoyable when combined with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrifficTerrifficDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful ambiance. Excellent view of the river. Great design. Loved the food.Special Features:
- DisappointingcarolDined on 10/15/2014Received a window seat which was great and then....server was nice but distracted. received entrees before appetizers were complete and then used appetizer plates (salad and crab cakes, which were delicious) never removed. when we expressed concern about the poor pacing of the meal we were told we had concert tickets and requested everything quickly; of course we made no such request. The entrees were cold; not lukewarm but cold. we should have returned them, but..... second glass of wine came right before dessert was served; cheesecake was excellent. Server repeatedly apologized but ........ We will go to BBs on the next corner next time we are in Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Not Likely AgainHodgesVIPDined on 10/15/2014Got there really early, to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, so we'd be in and out before the happy hour bar crowd really escalated. Service, ok. Food, ok. Patrons that bar attracts--not so much. While we were waiting to be checked out another patron hovered all over us, even after we told him he could have our seats in a matter of minutes. Apparently that wasn't good enough for him. I had a box of (birthday items) and my handbag on the stool next to me (which was wedged up into a pole so not a viable seat for anyone comfortably) and he insisted I move them so he could take the stool despite the fact we were seconds away from vacating the 2 comfortable stools we were in. No need to return and endure obnoxiousSpecial Features:
- vkmlawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Disappointed. Have eaten at Chart House JAX many times in past but not since May 2013. The restaurant has definitely fallen on hard times. Virtually empty on a Saturday night. Old, musty atmosphere. Will not return to this location.
- Disappointing Service (not food)beachformimiDined on 10/10/2014The Chart House has long been one of our favorites. We had reservations at 5:30. We were seated quickly & greeted promptly. Our drinks then took 15 min to be delivered. We quickly placed our dinner order and let them know we had a show to get to. The salad bar is one the main attractions so we all ordered it, 2 of us were only to have apps for dinner, the other 2 entrees. The apps & 1 meal came. The 4th never showed. The server came over twice & asked if we were missing anything & we kindly stated 1 meal, twice. Finally, the manager came over as the 3 of us were finishing our meal. He went to the kitchen and got the meal in 3 minutes. Because of this, we missed the start to our show. Irritating for the quality expected from The Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatLindaDined on 10/4/2014The salad bar was definitely not up to par. The lettuce need to be refilled and was left empty the entire time we were at the restaurant. When we left it was still empty, 1 hour later.... Food arrived slightly warm at best. We were starving at this point and decided to it was not worth the time it would take to have it warmed. Which would have been the microwave I am sure. We have been here several times before and this was not one of our better visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening to RememberNite2rememberDined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful evening. The service by Maureen (Mo) was wonderful. She was attentive but with no interruption. The reservation request was honored by having a quiet corner for us yet it had a full view of the river. My request was due to my disability. There was no hesitation fulfilling my request. The service was smooth and the lighting was elegant and romantic. The decor was lovely and eye pleasing. It was a clean and smell free environment. We received a personalized copy of our menu as a memento to remember our dining experience. It was a magical night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting area for special occasionSnapoundsDined on 10/4/2014We started off with the best of soup (lobster bisque was our fav) and the shrimp & artichoke melt appetizers, breads come automatically. Our main courses: the dynamite mahi mahi with coconut rice (really good) and my husband had the wasabi tuna (which was great). We both tried a cocktail we had never had and really enjoyed. At the end of our meal we shared the suggested chocolate dessert that was ordered at the beginning of the night because it's made to order and takes 30 min to cook. Even though we had no room left in our stomachs we managed to eat more than half of it because it was so delicious. And then topped it off with two espresso's. The entire meal was amazingly wonderful and the atmosphere was very nice. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valuemaportsVIPDined on 9/30/2014very good food at reasonable prices. the happy hour at the bar is very good.Special Features:
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food and drinks were great. Seating with reservation was prompt. Service was a little slow but may have been due to the large convention crowd. Interior design was very interesting and helped offset the less than wonderful exterior view which looked like we were overlooking an abandoned shipyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiondatenightfolksDined on 9/21/2014We always choose Chart House when we have a special occasion or an event that is downtown. This time the quality was not quite up to par, things were just a bit off. We ordered calamari which came out under cooked. When we brought it the waiters attention, they quickly replaced it with another order. The mixed grill was good but only 3 shrimp, one crab cake and a piece of salmon which was over cooked. Like I said, just a bit off, hopefully things will get back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DNL Logistics PresidentlinyDined on 9/19/2014We had a great dinner and the managers went out of their way to make it that waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerhhidineVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took our son out for a first time dinner at Chart House. We are pleased with this location. The server was new and has some learning to do.Special Features:
- Always GooddtwinjaxDined on 9/18/2014I always love eating here - food and service are great (esp. seafood) and view over water and downtown awesome! Don't know why they are rarely crowded. Thanks again!Special Features:
- WOW!jafco13Dined on 9/14/2014I was impressed with how quickly we were seated and right at the window to overlook the river. Then the wait staff was very nice. Ryan our waiter was a real gentleman. The food was fantastic! The chef coming out at the end of dinner was unexpected and very pleasant; thank you to Damien for a very tasty dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linyDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was excellent the view was great the food was excellent the service was really good the drinks were good and the restaurant itself is beautiful. It has a fountain and stone walls with some really beautiful woodwork the tables were set up very nicely it was a great experience.Special Features:
- dinnerFreeDinnerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I recommend the seafood. I do not recommend the beef or Prime Rib. Great Place for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningmavenDined on 9/12/2014A unique and lovely space in which to dine with a beautiful view of the St. Johns River and the Jacksonville skyline. The food and drinks are well prepared and the service spot on. It is way above average for a chain, but should not be confused with fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous salad barspecial4usDined on 9/10/2014We love Chart House and have spent many special occasions there and they always make it memorable. Love the menu with our anniversary date on it with best wishes. We've enjoyed them for so many years and hope to keep doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating my wife's and brother-in-law's birthdays. Our server 'Mo' did a fantastic job in meeting our drinks and dining needs always with a pleasant smile and demeanor. We've always enjoyed coming to the 'House' because of the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningSoccermomDined on 8/30/2014As always, the Chart House delivered. This is restaurant we can count on for great food, excellent service and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding customer service.JaxTonyaDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding service. Well worth the money. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okAlexDined on 8/27/2014Food was ok as compared to other Chart House restaurants. Have had better in Ft. Lauderdale and Melbourne.Special Features: