Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
1501 River Place Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9043983353x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30-9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Alex Medina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private banquets during our daytime hours in our dining room. We can also accommodate parties up to seventy five semi-privately in our dining room. We are a favorite location for rehearsal dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Laver 9043983353x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville
Located on the south bank of the St. Johns River, Chart House offers a panoramic view of the downtown skyline. The unique architecture combined with the beautiful setting has delighted diners for more than 25 years. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Chart House Restaurant - Jacksonville reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)special occasion (74)romantic (64)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- All about that viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The interesting building and scenic view is impressive and inviting. We also experienced a pleasant, informed, professional waitstaff. There is an optional, well stocked salad bar, if you enjoy salad bars. We opted to order salads from the menu. Dining room is large and tables and large booths are all positioned to take advantage of the wonderful river view. The quality of the food was moderate, but certainly enjoyable when combined with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrifficTerrifficDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful ambiance. Excellent view of the river. Great design. Loved the food.Special Features:
- DisappointingcarolDined on 10/15/2014Received a window seat which was great and then....server was nice but distracted. received entrees before appetizers were complete and then used appetizer plates (salad and crab cakes, which were delicious) never removed. when we expressed concern about the poor pacing of the meal we were told we had concert tickets and requested everything quickly; of course we made no such request. The entrees were cold; not lukewarm but cold. we should have returned them, but..... second glass of wine came right before dessert was served; cheesecake was excellent. Server repeatedly apologized but ........ We will go to BBs on the next corner next time we are in Jacksonville.Special Features:
- Not Likely AgainHodgesVIPDined on 10/15/2014Got there really early, to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, so we'd be in and out before the happy hour bar crowd really escalated. Service, ok. Food, ok. Patrons that bar attracts--not so much. While we were waiting to be checked out another patron hovered all over us, even after we told him he could have our seats in a matter of minutes. Apparently that wasn't good enough for him. I had a box of (birthday items) and my handbag on the stool next to me (which was wedged up into a pole so not a viable seat for anyone comfortably) and he insisted I move them so he could take the stool despite the fact we were seconds away from vacating the 2 comfortable stools we were in. No need to return and endure obnoxiousSpecial Features:
- vkmlawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Disappointed. Have eaten at Chart House JAX many times in past but not since May 2013. The restaurant has definitely fallen on hard times. Virtually empty on a Saturday night. Old, musty atmosphere. Will not return to this location.
- Disappointing Service (not food)beachformimiDined on 10/10/2014The Chart House has long been one of our favorites. We had reservations at 5:30. We were seated quickly & greeted promptly. Our drinks then took 15 min to be delivered. We quickly placed our dinner order and let them know we had a show to get to. The salad bar is one the main attractions so we all ordered it, 2 of us were only to have apps for dinner, the other 2 entrees. The apps & 1 meal came. The 4th never showed. The server came over twice & asked if we were missing anything & we kindly stated 1 meal, twice. Finally, the manager came over as the 3 of us were finishing our meal. He went to the kitchen and got the meal in 3 minutes. Because of this, we missed the start to our show. Irritating for the quality expected from The Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatLindaDined on 10/4/2014The salad bar was definitely not up to par. The lettuce need to be refilled and was left empty the entire time we were at the restaurant. When we left it was still empty, 1 hour later.... Food arrived slightly warm at best. We were starving at this point and decided to it was not worth the time it would take to have it warmed. Which would have been the microwave I am sure. We have been here several times before and this was not one of our better visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening to RememberNite2rememberDined on 10/4/2014We had a wonderful evening. The service by Maureen (Mo) was wonderful. She was attentive but with no interruption. The reservation request was honored by having a quiet corner for us yet it had a full view of the river. My request was due to my disability. There was no hesitation fulfilling my request. The service was smooth and the lighting was elegant and romantic. The decor was lovely and eye pleasing. It was a clean and smell free environment. We received a personalized copy of our menu as a memento to remember our dining experience. It was a magical night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting area for special occasionSnapoundsDined on 10/4/2014We started off with the best of soup (lobster bisque was our fav) and the shrimp & artichoke melt appetizers, breads come automatically. Our main courses: the dynamite mahi mahi with coconut rice (really good) and my husband had the wasabi tuna (which was great). We both tried a cocktail we had never had and really enjoyed. At the end of our meal we shared the suggested chocolate dessert that was ordered at the beginning of the night because it's made to order and takes 30 min to cook. Even though we had no room left in our stomachs we managed to eat more than half of it because it was so delicious. And then topped it off with two espresso's. The entire meal was amazingly wonderful and the atmosphere was very nice. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valuemaportsVIPDined on 9/30/2014very good food at reasonable prices. the happy hour at the bar is very good.Special Features:
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food and drinks were great. Seating with reservation was prompt. Service was a little slow but may have been due to the large convention crowd. Interior design was very interesting and helped offset the less than wonderful exterior view which looked like we were overlooking an abandoned shipyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiondatenightfolksDined on 9/21/2014We always choose Chart House when we have a special occasion or an event that is downtown. This time the quality was not quite up to par, things were just a bit off. We ordered calamari which came out under cooked. When we brought it the waiters attention, they quickly replaced it with another order. The mixed grill was good but only 3 shrimp, one crab cake and a piece of salmon which was over cooked. Like I said, just a bit off, hopefully things will get back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DNL Logistics PresidentlinyDined on 9/19/2014We had a great dinner and the managers went out of their way to make it that waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerhhidineVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took our son out for a first time dinner at Chart House. We are pleased with this location. The server was new and has some learning to do.Special Features:
- Always GooddtwinjaxDined on 9/18/2014I always love eating here - food and service are great (esp. seafood) and view over water and downtown awesome! Don't know why they are rarely crowded. Thanks again!Special Features:
- WOW!jafco13Dined on 9/14/2014I was impressed with how quickly we were seated and right at the window to overlook the river. Then the wait staff was very nice. Ryan our waiter was a real gentleman. The food was fantastic! The chef coming out at the end of dinner was unexpected and very pleasant; thank you to Damien for a very tasty dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linyDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was excellent the view was great the food was excellent the service was really good the drinks were good and the restaurant itself is beautiful. It has a fountain and stone walls with some really beautiful woodwork the tables were set up very nicely it was a great experience.Special Features:
- dinnerFreeDinnerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I recommend the seafood. I do not recommend the beef or Prime Rib. Great Place for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningmavenDined on 9/12/2014A unique and lovely space in which to dine with a beautiful view of the St. Johns River and the Jacksonville skyline. The food and drinks are well prepared and the service spot on. It is way above average for a chain, but should not be confused with fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous salad barspecial4usDined on 9/10/2014We love Chart House and have spent many special occasions there and they always make it memorable. Love the menu with our anniversary date on it with best wishes. We've enjoyed them for so many years and hope to keep doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating my wife's and brother-in-law's birthdays. Our server 'Mo' did a fantastic job in meeting our drinks and dining needs always with a pleasant smile and demeanor. We've always enjoyed coming to the 'House' because of the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable EveningSoccermomDined on 8/30/2014As always, the Chart House delivered. This is restaurant we can count on for great food, excellent service and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Outstanding customer service.JaxTonyaDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding service. Well worth the money. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okAlexDined on 8/27/2014Food was ok as compared to other Chart House restaurants. Have had better in Ft. Lauderdale and Melbourne.Special Features:
- Love the chart house.wbt90Dined on 8/24/2014A wonderful romantic setting, with great food and atmosphere. The chocolate dessert is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLauraVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our hopes were to be outside on their deck but 20 some knot winds wouldn't let us. If one lives In Jacksonville and wants a good dinner on the ocean, this is one of the few choices that exist and is the best. Our party of eight was well taken care of and all enjoyed their appetizers, dinner and desserts. It was my birthday so I choose The Reef having eaten there may times with hopes of better weather and an outside table. None of the other three coupes had been to The Reef before but they will be returning. It is a pretty drive along AIA.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing, my girlfriend never finishs her plates if I take her out. The food was that good. She ate every bite. We shared the crab cake and it was wonderful. All meat no filling. And the parking was a nice bonusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We had another great experience there. The eatupdowntown menu had good choices and was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedtjaxDined on 8/21/2014We haven't been to the Chart House in a long time. We took advantage of the "Eat Up Downtown" special. I ordered the Clam Chowder for appetizer and the Cod for entrée and we both the Mud Pie (the only choice) for dessert. My fiancé ordered the Gazpacho for appetizer and the Herb crusted salmon for her entrée. We enjoy sampling each other's choices and it was all fantastic. During the meal, the chef (Damien I think) came out and asked our opinion of the food. His doing this was easy, but very impressive to us. We only wish there was something we could have ordered instead of one of the Mud Pies. That was a lot of sugar at the end of the meal for both of us. I later wondered if we could have gotten another appetizer instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Had dinner with 3 of our neighbors. Everyone loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House JAXChartHouseDined on 8/19/2014Reservation was honored. Escorted quickly to our table. Happy Hour was going at the Bar area, many people enjoying the location. Very noisy in the Bar area, but noise was filtered out as we arrived at our Table. Décor was elegant, but the early 60's design is becoming faded. Glass windows face the River - beautiful views are blocked right now with construction of new Southbank. But beautiful. Windows are in need up replacement/updating. Copper accents also in need of cleaning/repair/brightening. Server was excellent, quick, and entertaining. Floor Manager and Head Chef stopped by to check on our meal. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaDined on 8/18/2014Food not as good as usual. Clam chowder had very few clams and was very salty. Not offered the Early Dining menu nor the "Eat Up Downtown" menses until we asked for them.Special Features:
- Excellent view happy hour/dinnerLuvthisplaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014Loved the happy hour drinks. Grouper and snapper were excellent along with stags leap Chardonnay!!Special Features:
- Great for a special eveningBobbidDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love to go to the Chart House to celebrate special occasions. This weekend we celebrated his birthday with a wonderful meal, great view and outstanding service. What I loved most about it was that I could enjoy an incredible tomato salad and one of their brand new appetizers without having to have an entree. Both were so delicious that I didn't feel I missed out on anything. I wish I had had room for dessert. Once again, the Chart House made our evening a night to remember.Special Features:
- Consistent QualitytimetogetherDined on 8/16/2014When my husband and I are looking for fine dining here in Jacksonville, this Chart House is always our choice. We have dined here several times over the years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is top notch, the ambience is perfect and the view of the river and downtown Jacksonville is just wonderful. It is fine dining. It is expensive, but it is completely worth it. We will return again and again and highly recommend Chart House Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally up to expectationsFreqdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Charthouse is one of the best of the corporate owned restaurants where you consistently get a great meal at very nice locations. On this visit the food wasn't quite up to what I normal get at Charthouse and the service wasn't quite there either. Not terrible but not up to normal caliber either. I will dine there again as 95% of the time its a wonderful experience and hopefully be able to give a better review.Special Features:
- Very expensiveJanetW402Dined on 8/14/2014This is one of those "fru fru" restaurants where they are just known for their name. Everything is "a la carte" so expect to pay a lot.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutSHuntDined on 8/14/2014We had a girls night out dinner and the Chart House fit our plans to a "T". We were very impressed with the food and drinks selection and our wait staff was fantastic!Special Features:
- Patricia41Dined on 8/13/2014This was a fun night at the Chart house. We asked for a window seat and got one, unfortunately there was a huge barge docked in front of the window. We enjoyed the meal and the service and the price. I am happy that the Chart House was participating in the Eat Up Downtown event. I will come again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetPeaDined on 8/11/2014The food was very good. This was one of my favorite restaurants, however with the economy it seems as if the prices have gone way up and the quantity of food has gone down. I was able to finish my entire meal which consisted of prime rib 10 oz, garlic mashed potatoes and an additional side order of asparagus(did not like the sauce on it). Based on the money we spent I would recommend III Forks over Chart House, sorry but I have a new favorite restaurant. Happy hour is better and the prices are easier on your purse.Special Features: