Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
Two Hudsons Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (843) 342-9066
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11am-3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3pm-9:30pm. Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eric Seaglund
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Chart House Hilton Head can accommodate any catering needs for party's up to 100 guests.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on our outdoor patio on Wednesday's from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Please call for up to date seasonal details.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
Located on beautiful Hilton Head Island, Chart House overlooks picturesque Skull Creek. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why this restaurant is a local favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, Lowcountry options, an extensive wine list & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (55)romantic (40)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (27)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- BR549VIPDined on 11/24/2014Always a great evening. Their simply-grilled grouper is the best, and Frank is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningRonSDined on 11/19/2014service and food both A+ The waiter was attentive but not over the top. Prices were reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant and BarKDonahue143Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent Restaurant and Bar. Great food. She Crab soup, Braised short ribs and crusted salmon were delicious. Try the bacon grits on the side (yum) Great server with attention to details (Stephen) Manager came by twice to say Hello, impeccably clean and wait staff kept place tip top. Good live music in bar area with great cocktail list. Great Wine list (Big) and the chocolate soufflé was to die for. Used my Landry's Chart House loyalty card for points as well. Will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everything!AvanaDined on 11/12/2014I have been frequenting The Chart House for many years, even before it changed names from Charlie's Crab, I have never had a bad meal! Brunch, lunch, drinks n apps or dinner, everything is always excellent! PERFECT view on the water, magnificent sunsets or warm summer nights, meals are always perfect! Put it on your must do list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPennyDined on 11/9/2014We were a party of 6 and it was our first time at this location. We loved the one in Daytona so we thought we would try this one. We were not disappointed. We had a terrific waitress and served us like we were the only ones there. My husband and I had the fresh fish, it was good. The only disappointment was the Hostess when we arrived, she made us feel we were putting her out. She should not be greeting guests,I know we all have bad days but when you are the first impression when you walk in some May walk out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never would eat there again!!KWP1953Dined on 11/9/2014.was very disappointed in everything. my husbands prime rib had no favor and was not even warm. I got your Martha salad and half was ugly iceberg lettuce I had to pick out and there was nothing in there but a few nuts and I could not see hardly any blue cheese...my meal was OK but very expensive for just 4 scallops on a plate. the green beans was the best part of my meal. waiter never came and checked on us after meal was delivered for awhile. I asked about your chocolate ice cream and said I would just share my husbands and we sat there for ever waiting on his slice of pie and then he brings out the chocolate that I never asked for...he was not listening to us. .Special Features:
- Special pris-fixe menurjesDined on 11/8/2014The regular menu is quite extensive, with large varieties for every meal stage. But there is a special menu with four selections of appetizers and entrees plus two selections of desserts to choose from at the very reasonable price of $50 per table. The portions are just as large as the a la carte selections. The food is nicely prepared and colorfully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful LunchMimiof2boysDined on 11/4/2014My water aerobics group enjoyed a delightful lunch honoring our instructor recently. The food was delicious. All the orders came out right and were served in a timely manner. Our server was attentive and very efficient throughtout the meal as well as with our checks. I highly recommend The Chart House. The whole group was very immpressed with their dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceSavannah12Dined on 11/2/2014Have dined here twice and enjoyed it very much. Fabulous view, great food, extensive menu. Don't miss the crab stack which is a large appetizer...enough on it's own for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Great Food...Perfect!RynoDadDined on 10/25/2014Perfect fall weather allowed for outdoor seating around sunset. Beautiful water views. Outdoor music was entertaining....not overpowering. Meal started with a Spinach Salad split. Always excellent Snapper Hemingway for me while my wife enjoyed Fried Green Tomatoes and the unbelievably good 3-soup appetizer of She Crab, Seafood Chowder and Gazpacho. No room for desserts (which are excellent as well). Overall a perfect evening at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had been for lunch the day before and enjoyed it so much we came back for dinner and Barbara was an outstanding server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatlive2eatDined on 10/19/2014Even though this wasn't our best experience at Chart House, I would still recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant overallLBHJDined on 10/17/2014Having eaten at this restaurant earlier in the week when everything was perfect, it had a lot to live up to and it just fell short of the same mark on this occasion but was still extremely good. Probably because it was a Friday night we waited a long time (20 mins) to get the drinks and apetizer which was barely like warm and was served at the same time as the bread which other tables got within seconds of sitting at their table. The entree itself was not very warm either, the steak was a bit tougher than the one earlier in the week. The server and staff were friendly but obviously under pressure until about 8:30 when it quieted down. That is something as Europeans we cannot get used to in the states, the night dies off far too earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceLBHJDined on 10/13/2014Having eaten at Chart Houses through the USA for the last 40 years whenever we visit from England we always look for one and we were not disappointed. We ate outside which for us in October was a treat as back home we could not possibly think of doing that. Our server,, Barbara was excellent, she didn't rush us and she recommend one or two things which we went with and were excellent. Back home we spend anything from 2 - 4 hrs in a restaurant as most English and Europeans do as opposed to the USA where the second you finish eating you get the bill and the whole eating process is rushed. The Chart house is always somewhere for us that gives us the opportunity to linger and enjoy the whole evening.Special Features:
- great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere was wonderful, the view outstanding and the service flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida NancyvacationdinerDined on 10/10/2014Another great Chart House experience. Food very good; beautiful, scenic view; attentive waiter; this chain never fails to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Mediocre ServicePam10Dined on 10/8/2014We prefer a more friendly, upbeat waiter/waitress who is readily available to answer questions, resolve issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borderline Incompetent ServicePapaeagleVIPDined on 10/6/2014Arrived just before 7 pm reservation. Seated immediately. Downhill from there. Server showed up took order fro Sparkling water, Bottle of wine and dinner by 7:05. Sparkling water and wine didn't arrive for 30 minutes. salad/appetizer not for 60 minutes. Entree 95 minutes later. Had to ask for bread after sale was served - another 10 minutes. 3 tables for one server all experienced similar problems. other tables in area were served properly. Server whined about being new and the kitchen and trying "to do everything in order". Have eaten here a dozen times before and never had this experience. Manager was wandering around and never seems to notice or care. Didn't greet a single table in our area.Special Features:
- Sunset dinnerFwirishDined on 10/6/2014Had dinner from the sunset mrnue that is served until 5:30. This may be too early for some, but the value is excellent. An excellent 3course meal with a glass of wine for less than $25. Would definitely recommend eating on the patio as the view was nice. The food was very good and our server, Frank was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart Hou not what they used to be.BrianDined on 10/3/2014I was a huge fan of this restaurant back in the early 80's, yea I know i am old. However the current menu and food is fair at best. I ordered Salmon which was awful, the staff was good about it and offered to replace with another meal. I declined my wife had finished her mealSpecial Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceFLOATVIPDined on 10/2/2014The management and the staff made our visit a enjoyable one for my wife 70th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing and it was beautiful out ! The only complaint my husband and I had was the service . We have been one other time and the service and food was great but this Saturday night was a totally different story. The server took her time to do everything. She forgot my drink about 4 times and when we got the check it took her 15 minutes to come back, after she came back she said our gift card didn't work so after that we walked back inside and it took her another 15 minutes to try again. So it took as long to pay the check as it did to eat our food. We will more than likely come. Back because of food but we hope the service is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my husband to the Chart house for his birthday. Our server, Cameron, was outstanding. THe food was excellent and the manager also came by to check on us. Topping off the night they remember it was his birthday and they brought him coffee ice cream cake which was so good. WE will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must've been an off nightNoMoCH4meDined on 9/25/2014Went to the Chart House for our anniversary. This was our second time to the restaurant. The first time, two years ago, was very nice. This time not so much. The main complaint was that the overall service level seemed to be really off. Our waiter, Frank, was good, polite, and did a nice job. However, the others in the restaurant were rather slack. The table next to us, where eight people had eaten dinner, sat untouched nearly the entire time we were eating. In other words, we got to look over their dirty dishes and unfinished meals the whole evening. When the bus person finally showed up to clean the table, she took about 10 minutes to clear it, banging glasses and silverware, basically taking her sweet time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful ExperienceSandyVIPDined on 9/24/2014We took a group of 11. Our table was ready on time and our waiter efficient and courteous. Our entire group each had something different and they all raved about their food. To have 11 people and 8 who had never dined there before all happy says a lot. We all enjoyed the view, drinks, food and company. A memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Trumps Great FoodSCBadgerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Since moving to SC 6+ years ago my wife have become regular visitor to HHI. Great beaches and great dining. Dice being introduced to the Chart House by a Marriott consier we usually make this a last night stop. The chief works magic with local seafood! However this time the meal was totally spoiled by poor service. Service was slow. The soup was like warm! Had it not been for seeing the tables around us receive good service I might have suspected the kitchen. Oh well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CbtelajVIPDined on 9/18/2014Unexpected poor service...no napkins,silverware or attention to details. Despite Making server aware of GF issues salad came with croutons...no lemons for shrimp cocktail and repeated mix up of sweet and unsweetened ice teas. Server was more preoccupied with Happy Hour setup than customer...restaurant was NOT busy. Had to get manager to correct credit to Landry card even though server was given ID number. Food was exceptional salty. Ambience is always great...as is the food usually.Special Features:
- UnpleasantBigredmomDined on 9/14/2014Staff seemed stressed and overwhelmed. Verrrry slow to respond to anything , but not crowded . Brought me the wrong entree-chef offered to add the sauce, but it wasn't even the correct fish. Water spots on my glass but didn't date complain-would've taken forever. Overall, cannot recommend and would NOT return.
- DisappointingKat830Dined on 9/11/2014We were looking forward to returning to the chart house. What a disappointment. Service was terrible and our dinners were obviously sitting under hot lamps which isn't great for seafood dinners. Too many other great restaurants in hilton head. Will not return hereSpecial Features:
- Great EveningHHI235Dined on 9/8/2014We love CH restaurants but had not tried Hilton Head location. We found it to be one of the best! A little noisy but great other wise! Grilled Mahi was perfect!Special Features:
- Good food but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good - but not great, considering the prices. I expected a little better from price alone. However, it was still good. The wine list was just ok. The filet mignon was a little over done & not sure it was truly the 8 oz it was supposed to be. On the other hand, the others in the group thought their seafood was very good - cooked well and well seasoned. Service was just ok (we had to get up to get the decanter and pour the first glasses of wine ourselves) and that should not have been since the place wasn't exactly bursting with people. Was also a little disappointed in that in the reservation we noted it was a 40th b-day celebration and no acknowledgement of that whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TLeeTDined on 9/6/2014Food was great but what sold it was the gorgeous view of the bay!Special Features:
- Not as good as the pastTravelandDineDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at the Chart House many times on Hilton Head including the old location probably 20 years ago. The food was just okay and the service seemed a little off. A lot of the options were fried (especially the kid's menu) which wasn't impressive since this is a nicer restaurant. The Early Dining Menu is nice however the selections used to include more grill items and less pan-fried/fried items. Not sure if this will be on our list next year to dine.Special Features:
- Overall a good dining experience.DittyDined on 8/31/2014Our food was good. The clam chouder was delicious- rich & creamy. The service was subpar - our water glasses were not refilled until we asked and our soup bowls were not removed until the main course was served & it took awhile to get our food, dessert, etc. We usually have good service & the food is wonderful so we will return & recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing555BettyDined on 8/26/2014We've dined at this location three times since our first experience at Long Boat Key and the food is ALWAYS spectacular. Each and every flavor is perfect in each and every dish. The presentation of the food is also an enjoyable part of the experience as well. Order the shrimp cocktail and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionVandymanDined on 8/25/2014Friendly staff. Had drinks at bar before dinner. Sandy was attentive and prompt. The bathroom was not very clean and was not attended to after I asked the manager to check it out. He seemed to not care. Steak was cooked to temperature. Alaskan king crabs were not "steamed to perfection". They were just warm. By the time we were asked how is your dinner it was too late to complain. The manager never came by to ask about our dinner and they were not very budySpecial Features:
- FoodiePatootieDined on 8/23/2014Fabulous food, superior service, lovely view and great ambience. Only disappointment was the oysters were not shucked well, there were shards of shell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovsoufflesDined on 8/21/2014Food outstanding. Dessert soufflé excellent. Service weak our night: long wait for entrees, with wine & bread showing up only just before entrees & dessert soufflés ready before we finished entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and classic HHI viewWeKenDineInStyleDined on 8/18/2014Best view on the island of Skull Creek. For a romantic sunset view and the best food outside of a major city, Chart House has always impressed me and my guests. It refuses to disappoint. Elegance and comfort without being snooty has been my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal.c3gramDined on 8/17/2014Chart House Hilton Head is consistently fine. This was a lunch visit and the restaurant was serene with service inside and out. The creek view provides a nice background to a well- presented lovely meal. Seafood is the specialty and is fresh and tasty. Don't miss the shrimp and fritters and the lava cake!Special Features: