Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
Two Hudsons Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8433429066x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11am-3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3pm-9:30pm. Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eric Seaglund
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Chart House Hilton Head can accommodate any catering needs for party's up to 100 guests.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on our outdoor patio on Wednesday's from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Please call for up to date seasonal details.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head
Located on beautiful Hilton Head Island, Chart House overlooks picturesque Skull Creek. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why this restaurant is a local favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our Slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, Lowcountry options, an extensive wine list & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Chart House Restaurant - Hilton Head reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)great for outdoor dining (94)special occasion (70)romantic (55)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (32)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had been for lunch the day before and enjoyed it so much we came back for dinner and Barbara was an outstanding server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant overallLBHJDined on 10/17/2014Having eaten at this restaurant earlier in the week when everything was perfect, it had a lot to live up to and it just fell short of the same mark on this occasion but was still extremely good. Probably because it was a Friday night we waited a long time (20 mins) to get the drinks and apetizer which was barely like warm and was served at the same time as the bread which other tables got within seconds of sitting at their table. The entree itself was not very warm either, the steak was a bit tougher than the one earlier in the week. The server and staff were friendly but obviously under pressure until about 8:30 when it quieted down. That is something as Europeans we cannot get used to in the states, the night dies off far too earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceLBHJDined on 10/13/2014Having eaten at Chart Houses through the USA for the last 40 years whenever we visit from England we always look for one and we were not disappointed. We ate outside which for us in October was a treat as back home we could not possibly think of doing that. Our server,, Barbara was excellent, she didn't rush us and she recommend one or two things which we went with and were excellent. Back home we spend anything from 2 - 4 hrs in a restaurant as most English and Europeans do as opposed to the USA where the second you finish eating you get the bill and the whole eating process is rushed. The Chart house is always somewhere for us that gives us the opportunity to linger and enjoy the whole evening.Special Features:
- great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The atmosphere was wonderful, the view outstanding and the service flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida NancyvacationdinerDined on 10/10/2014Another great Chart House experience. Food very good; beautiful, scenic view; attentive waiter; this chain never fails to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Mediocre ServicePam10Dined on 10/8/2014We prefer a more friendly, upbeat waiter/waitress who is readily available to answer questions, resolve issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borderline Incompetent ServicePapaeagleVIPDined on 10/6/2014Arrived just before 7 pm reservation. Seated immediately. Downhill from there. Server showed up took order fro Sparkling water, Bottle of wine and dinner by 7:05. Sparkling water and wine didn't arrive for 30 minutes. salad/appetizer not for 60 minutes. Entree 95 minutes later. Had to ask for bread after sale was served - another 10 minutes. 3 tables for one server all experienced similar problems. other tables in area were served properly. Server whined about being new and the kitchen and trying "to do everything in order". Have eaten here a dozen times before and never had this experience. Manager was wandering around and never seems to notice or care. Didn't greet a single table in our area.Special Features:
- Sunset dinnerFwirishDined on 10/6/2014Had dinner from the sunset mrnue that is served until 5:30. This may be too early for some, but the value is excellent. An excellent 3course meal with a glass of wine for less than $25. Would definitely recommend eating on the patio as the view was nice. The food was very good and our server, Frank was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart Hou not what they used to be.BrianDined on 10/3/2014I was a huge fan of this restaurant back in the early 80's, yea I know i am old. However the current menu and food is fair at best. I ordered Salmon which was awful, the staff was good about it and offered to replace with another meal. I declined my wife had finished her mealSpecial Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceFLOATVIPDined on 10/2/2014The management and the staff made our visit a enjoyable one for my wife 70th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing and it was beautiful out ! The only complaint my husband and I had was the service . We have been one other time and the service and food was great but this Saturday night was a totally different story. The server took her time to do everything. She forgot my drink about 4 times and when we got the check it took her 15 minutes to come back, after she came back she said our gift card didn't work so after that we walked back inside and it took her another 15 minutes to try again. So it took as long to pay the check as it did to eat our food. We will more than likely come. Back because of food but we hope the service is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my husband to the Chart house for his birthday. Our server, Cameron, was outstanding. THe food was excellent and the manager also came by to check on us. Topping off the night they remember it was his birthday and they brought him coffee ice cream cake which was so good. WE will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must've been an off nightNoMoCH4meDined on 9/25/2014Went to the Chart House for our anniversary. This was our second time to the restaurant. The first time, two years ago, was very nice. This time not so much. The main complaint was that the overall service level seemed to be really off. Our waiter, Frank, was good, polite, and did a nice job. However, the others in the restaurant were rather slack. The table next to us, where eight people had eaten dinner, sat untouched nearly the entire time we were eating. In other words, we got to look over their dirty dishes and unfinished meals the whole evening. When the bus person finally showed up to clean the table, she took about 10 minutes to clear it, banging glasses and silverware, basically taking her sweet time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful ExperienceSandyVIPDined on 9/24/2014We took a group of 11. Our table was ready on time and our waiter efficient and courteous. Our entire group each had something different and they all raved about their food. To have 11 people and 8 who had never dined there before all happy says a lot. We all enjoyed the view, drinks, food and company. A memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Trumps Great FoodSCBadgerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Since moving to SC 6+ years ago my wife have become regular visitor to HHI. Great beaches and great dining. Dice being introduced to the Chart House by a Marriott consier we usually make this a last night stop. The chief works magic with local seafood! However this time the meal was totally spoiled by poor service. Service was slow. The soup was like warm! Had it not been for seeing the tables around us receive good service I might have suspected the kitchen. Oh well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CbtelajVIPDined on 9/18/2014Unexpected poor service...no napkins,silverware or attention to details. Despite Making server aware of GF issues salad came with croutons...no lemons for shrimp cocktail and repeated mix up of sweet and unsweetened ice teas. Server was more preoccupied with Happy Hour setup than customer...restaurant was NOT busy. Had to get manager to correct credit to Landry card even though server was given ID number. Food was exceptional salty. Ambience is always great...as is the food usually.Special Features:
- UnpleasantBigredmomDined on 9/14/2014Staff seemed stressed and overwhelmed. Verrrry slow to respond to anything , but not crowded . Brought me the wrong entree-chef offered to add the sauce, but it wasn't even the correct fish. Water spots on my glass but didn't date complain-would've taken forever. Overall, cannot recommend and would NOT return.
- DisappointingKat830Dined on 9/11/2014We were looking forward to returning to the chart house. What a disappointment. Service was terrible and our dinners were obviously sitting under hot lamps which isn't great for seafood dinners. Too many other great restaurants in hilton head. Will not return hereSpecial Features:
- Great EveningHHI235Dined on 9/8/2014We love CH restaurants but had not tried Hilton Head location. We found it to be one of the best! A little noisy but great other wise! Grilled Mahi was perfect!Special Features:
- Good food but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good - but not great, considering the prices. I expected a little better from price alone. However, it was still good. The wine list was just ok. The filet mignon was a little over done & not sure it was truly the 8 oz it was supposed to be. On the other hand, the others in the group thought their seafood was very good - cooked well and well seasoned. Service was just ok (we had to get up to get the decanter and pour the first glasses of wine ourselves) and that should not have been since the place wasn't exactly bursting with people. Was also a little disappointed in that in the reservation we noted it was a 40th b-day celebration and no acknowledgement of that whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TLeeTDined on 9/6/2014Food was great but what sold it was the gorgeous view of the bay!Special Features:
- Not as good as the pastTravelandDineDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at the Chart House many times on Hilton Head including the old location probably 20 years ago. The food was just okay and the service seemed a little off. A lot of the options were fried (especially the kid's menu) which wasn't impressive since this is a nicer restaurant. The Early Dining Menu is nice however the selections used to include more grill items and less pan-fried/fried items. Not sure if this will be on our list next year to dine.Special Features:
- Overall a good dining experience.DittyDined on 8/31/2014Our food was good. The clam chouder was delicious- rich & creamy. The service was subpar - our water glasses were not refilled until we asked and our soup bowls were not removed until the main course was served & it took awhile to get our food, dessert, etc. We usually have good service & the food is wonderful so we will return & recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing555BettyDined on 8/26/2014We've dined at this location three times since our first experience at Long Boat Key and the food is ALWAYS spectacular. Each and every flavor is perfect in each and every dish. The presentation of the food is also an enjoyable part of the experience as well. Order the shrimp cocktail and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionVandymanDined on 8/25/2014Friendly staff. Had drinks at bar before dinner. Sandy was attentive and prompt. The bathroom was not very clean and was not attended to after I asked the manager to check it out. He seemed to not care. Steak was cooked to temperature. Alaskan king crabs were not "steamed to perfection". They were just warm. By the time we were asked how is your dinner it was too late to complain. The manager never came by to ask about our dinner and they were not very budySpecial Features:
- FoodiePatootieDined on 8/23/2014Fabulous food, superior service, lovely view and great ambience. Only disappointment was the oysters were not shucked well, there were shards of shell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovsoufflesDined on 8/21/2014Food outstanding. Dessert soufflé excellent. Service weak our night: long wait for entrees, with wine & bread showing up only just before entrees & dessert soufflés ready before we finished entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and classic HHI viewWeKenDineInStyleDined on 8/18/2014Best view on the island of Skull Creek. For a romantic sunset view and the best food outside of a major city, Chart House has always impressed me and my guests. It refuses to disappoint. Elegance and comfort without being snooty has been my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal.c3gramDined on 8/17/2014Chart House Hilton Head is consistently fine. This was a lunch visit and the restaurant was serene with service inside and out. The creek view provides a nice background to a well- presented lovely meal. Seafood is the specialty and is fresh and tasty. Don't miss the shrimp and fritters and the lava cake!Special Features:
- Really badwtlacyDined on 8/14/2014My friend and I were going to the neighboring joint, Hudson's, but the wait was over 2 hours so we decided to hit the Chart House. We ate at the bar and while the service was fine, the food was really bad. We both had the Snapper Hemingway at the bartender's suggestion and it was gross. The breading was too thick and the fish was very dry. It tasted like it was made somewhere else, frozen, and then fried up. I'll never go back because if there is one thing I hate it is a seafood place on an island or at the beach that screws up seafood.
- Food not worth the priceBRS1Dined on 8/14/2014Clam chowder and She Crab soup excellent. Everything else was mediocre.Server was not attentive. Side were not correct on meal and new sides arrived after we finished. Great view but not a great experience otherwise.
- Over RatedWeeatoutalotDined on 8/9/2014We recently dined at Chart House. Nice view. The food was ok. I should add the chowder was one of the best I have had. But the service was very poor. A not inexpensive restaurant so I expect a professional waiter or waitress. However, instead we had a young kid who was clueless on waiting and what the restaurant had to offer.Special Features:
- Good view, if ........TableforSixDined on 8/8/2014We usually visit The Chart House several times each summer while we're at Hilton Head. The food is always good. Service usually is as well, but not so much this year. Long waits between courses. Had to ask for bread, which in years past was never the case. Biggest complaint - even though we always make reservations beforehand, we never get a table anywhere near the ones with prime views. In fact, this year we were tucked up in a back corner with a very large family gathering whose many kids were completely out of control. Loud and unruly, running around and disruptive to pretty much everyone else in the area. Not so much a fan this year. Doubt that we'll make a return visit . . . .Special Features:
- FabulousBetsyDined on 8/8/2014Evening was perfect, food terrific, service perfection. Great choice for our last night in Hilton Head.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.MaryKLDawgDined on 8/8/2014We took our 2 kids - 10 and 8 to dinner at Chart House during our vacation and it was amazing. The food was delicious and even though the atmosphere was a bit "fancy" the restaurant was very kid friendly. I recommend for great seafood for a special occasion. The prices were a little on the high end ($8 for a bowl of soup- no option for a smaller, cup size) but it was totally worth it. We will go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue AND foodPittsburghfoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were there at Happy Hour. They had great wines and food selections for happy hour. fish tacos and fried green tomatoes. On the appetizer menu, my fav was Shrimp, Artichoke,bacon and brie dip. Wish they would email the recipe.Special Features:
- Wondeerful Server and menuSwampfoxDined on 8/2/2014Our Server was excellent. We had requested a table by window and they honored. We had not had that at other HH restaraunts. Wide selection, especially if you like fish and shell fish. They even had oysters rockerfellow.The she crab soup was different. We like it creamy. It did had a scoop of crab which was great. Would return on next visit to HH.Special Features:
- A different Chart HouseHWT3VIPDined on 8/2/2014I you are used to a large Chart House salad bar, this is different. No salad bar, but great food and beautiful sunsets over Skull Creek on Hilton Head Island, SC. Come and enjoy.Special Features:
- We loved our dining experience!CarolRutgersDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated ouranniversary at Charthouse. I had a chopped salad which was very fresh and my husband had the trio of soups. He liked the NE clam chowder the best. I enjoyed the blackened salmon with fingering potatoes. He had shrimp over linguine which he LOVED. We splurged and split the peach raspberry cobbler with. Ice cream which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Terrible food but a beautiful view. The best part about my meal were the cocktails! Martini's were good but the wine by the glass was terrible! Don't waist the money.Special Features: