Chart House Restaurant - Golden
25908 Genesee Trail Road
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3035269813x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the twinkling lights of Denver as your party sits fireside at the beautiful Chart House in Genesee. Our chefs will prepare a menu that is sure to delight your guests. Call us about your reception, bridal shower, corporate meeting or special occasion. Private facilities available Monday thru Sunday, 10:00am to 3:00pm for parties of 30 or more. Semi-private space is available Sunday thru Thursday in the open dining room. Chart House will make your private event one to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Noah 3035269813x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden
The Denver city lights shimmer below Chart House, an intimate hillside restaurant located just half an hour from downtown. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine and it is easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or Spiced Yellowfin Ahi and our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lounge open at 4:30 for appetizers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Golden - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)special occasion (102)romantic (77)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (18)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, service and setting. Had not been there for 20+ years, but won't wait that long again. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Shrimp IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Overall our experience at the Chart House was great. The wait staff was amazing. Made for a very pleasurable evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has gone so far downhill it is not even funny. It's a shame too, because it is a beautiful restaurant in a beautiful setting. Do yourself a favor and skip it.
- tommydtommydDined on 8/13/2014We were very pleased with service, food, and staff as a whole. Definitely recommend based on our experience.Special Features:
- Poor Anniversary DinnerCfoodDined on 8/12/2014Our dinner experience was not good. We had poor service and the Caesar salad was terrible (extremely salty with no flavor). The poor service was based on a waiter with little to no wine knowledge. He followed that with not serving any bread, no refills on a soda and then no sugar for the after-dinner coffee. We would not recommend the restaurant; there are many in the Denver area in the same cost range with better service and meals. We drove 90 miles round trip for a disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- Has a wonderful view of Denver.slngsht727Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first visit to Chart House and we loved it. Only a short drive from Denver. I made the reservation on-line and we were seated immediately upon arrival. The reservation timing was based on the 6:15 pm full moon rise. We were seated at an absolutely perfect widow table for viewing. Great view, friendly server and manager. We never felt rushed, and the food was terrific. We also watched an owl or hawk throughout the meal. I don't know how our experience could have been any better.Special Features:
- InexperienceRoadWarriorDined on 8/7/2014The waitress was very pleasant but did a terrible job of trying to decant the bottle of wine I ordered and then proceeded to deduct my Landry points from the bill without asking me first.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable EveningFrequentDinerDined on 8/2/2014We were very impressed. My wife and I had dinner on a Friday night and were seated in the back part of the dining area. At first we thought we'd miss the view those near the front windows had, but soon realized it was perfect for a quiet, intimate dinner. The front area had larger tables/groups and seemed a bit more casual. The food was cooked and presented to perfection and the service was exceptional; and the waiter was there when appropriate. I know everyone's expectation of service and quality of food for the price is different but compared to other comparably priced upscale restaurants we've been to recently the Chart House definitely tops our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 90'sLisaloves2dineDined on 8/1/2014We haven't been to the Chart House in years. We joined some friends for dinner on a Friday evening. We were really surprised to see it wasn't packed at all, but once we got our food I understood why. The appetizers and drinks are pretty good (I loved the Lemon Drop Martini), but it surprises me that they have no beers on tap. As for the entrees, they were quite disappointing. The steaks were weird tasting (mine tasted more like a cut of roast) and the presentation was lacking. It all reminded us of dining in the 90's. I would skip on the Chart House next time and head over to J. Alexander's, The Keg and even Bobefish Grill for a great meal. The atmosphere is so beautiful at The Chart House, but the good is really lacking. It's really sad.Special Features:
- Great place for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I like to dine at the Chart House on special occasions. The food is always great and the staff is always knowledgeable and friendly. We like the scenery from the restaurant and the outdoor fireplace.Special Features:
- Great All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is a terrific dinning experience with great views and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Over cooked and coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Medium rare was well done. Mashed potatoes hard and cold.
- Great EveningDineAboveLightsDined on 7/30/2014Had 7pm reservations mid-week. From the time being greeted by the manager and the hostess to our departure, service was outstanding, and the food was excellent. Wait staff attentive and all participated in individually serving the entrée to each dining guest simultaneously, which was fun to watch and great to be presented a dinner in this manner.Special Features:
- Great Food/Not the Best ServiceAudravenDined on 7/29/2014The food was incredible! My spouse & I had the crab cakes & sea bass. Amazing! The service was rather awkward, especially considering how much you're paying for dinner. I asked for a window seat when I made my reservation because it was a special occasion, but were told none were available when we arrived. There was an entire section of the dining room with a large window that was empty. I assumed the section was closed off for a special occasion such as a rehearsal dinner, but other tables were sometimes sat there. Other window tables remained open the entire time we were there. Wait staff kept trying to up sell bottled water, dessert, alcoholic beverages, etc. Felt like a corporate chain rather than a romantic spot in the mountains.Special Features:
- Great EveningsactoadDined on 7/25/2014I took my wife to the Chart House for our 1 year anniversary. I had used open table and had requested a window seat. When we arrived there werent any window seats available. That was a bit disappointing. Everything else about the dinner experience was great. The food was awesomer and our server - Jared(?) was very good. All-in-all, it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!Ge2003Dined on 7/19/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere, made our anniversary very special. Thank You !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014We went to the Chart House for our daughter's birthday. When we arrived, the menu had Happy Birthday on it. That was a wonderful touch. The food was wonderful and the chocolate lava cake was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were deliciousKasserottaDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Chart House. The salad bar lived up to our expectations again with a delicious Brussels sprout salad in addition to th standard items. The pan seared scallops were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karenDined on 7/10/2014a great time we had and our guests loved the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatLackLusterDined on 7/10/2014I had friends visiting from out of state and we all wanted to try something new and expected a little more. I was told through others that this was a very upscale restaurant and I was a little disappointed by the lack of professionalism and knowledge of menu. The calamari was seasoned well but when it came to the entree I was a bit underwhelmed. I especially have a problem with ordering something on the menu and the restaurant not having the main ingredients. For example, I ordered the oysters Rockefeller and the restaurant didn't have any oysters. Doesn't make sense to me. I also was a bit underwhelmed with the flavor of the shrimp platter. Like the title says, good not great. I probably won't be back, to expensive for the experience.Special Features:
- Special occasiongmcglathDined on 7/9/2014We have enjoyed the Chart House for many years as a go-to place for special occasions. The menu is extensive and varied to suit any taste. This experience was the occasion of our anniversary. The waitperson, Kelsey, was attentive and pleasant. Chart House will remain one of our favorite spots for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Our waiter was OUTSTANDING! It was our 3rd anniversary and all acknowledged that! Wow! My husband proposed to me there on Valentines Day 3 years ago! We love the Chart House!Special Features:
- anniversary left hot & botheredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We went there for our 2nd wedding anniversary dinner & the temperature in the restaurant was uncomfortable. Apparently the a/c wasn't working. We went there to enjoy a nice dinner, we were unable to enjoy our dinner because we were hot. The appetizer came out not gluten free when it needed to be; I have celiac disease. Our waitress was socially awkward, tried way too hard socializing with her guest. It did not come naturally for her. The manager did NOT come to us once about our issues. It took us complaining 3 times before they even propped a door to get some air circulation. We went there last year for our 1st wedding anniversary & had a great time. However, bad experience leaves lasting impression.
- Fantastic AnniversaryEGSG03Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated our Anniversary (day late) and the staff had prepared custom menus to celebrate our day, by wishing us Happy Anniversary on the menu and rolled them up for us to take home. The food was great and the views were awesome...We will be back soon.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014the food was great the service fantastic and the views were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyDined on 7/1/2014Our server appeared to be fairly new and not very confident, but after checking on each concern, did fulfill our requests.Special Features:
- Good Menu; Great FoodSirhodDined on 6/30/2014Altho I'd eaten here before, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of offerings on the menu, the excellent salad bar and the quality of the food when it was served. Our waiter also happened to be particularly congenial. All-in-all a delightful experience that made us assure each other that we would have to do it again, soon.Special Features:
- Perfect Place to CelebrateboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I took my wife's niece and her family to Chart House to celebrate her 50th birthday and it was a total success. We went on a Sunday, the day Chart House offers an excellent short-rib based three-course meal. We were seated next to a window with a marvelous view of the city. Our waiter was attentive and informative. The wine list is reasonably varied and fairly priced. We had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which was on special, and a bottle of Malbec, both of which matched our meals perfectly. Our meal ran a little bit long; however, we never felt pressured to leave. The Chart House does a good job of making you feel welcome and appreciated. It was a bit windy, so we ate inside; however, next time I'd like to try the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-0pera dinnerFoodcentricDined on 6/28/2014We told the staff at time of reservation and on arrival we needed prompt service. It wasn't. Most galling, our wine didn't come until we were half- way through our main course. Never again!
- Above and Beyond for BirthdayATSquaredDined on 6/24/2014My fiance's birthday was the reason we were dining out. I used Open Table to reserve our table and let them know it was his birthday and we would like a nice view. Well, not only did we have a nice view but they special printed menus with Happy Birthday and the date so we could keep them, they also treated us to a birthday dessert. The food is always excellent and worth the higher prices. We shared a tuna appetizer, I had filet and my love had sea bass... all insanely delicious! Not to mention the creme brulee which was actually one of the best I have had around the city (this is my fiance's favorite so it must be ordered if its available) Thank you Chart House for the unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service!NHemmerDined on 6/22/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner. The views were great, the service was outstanding and the food was wonderful. Great location. We will definitely be back.
- Good service, good foodDandK77Dined on 6/22/2014The food, the service and the views are great. The happy hour menu is excellent, but the dinner menu is a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour & Great MealsReillyF1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a pleasure to dine at the Genesse Chart House. Love the outside patio. Great Happy Hour menu and the meals are always fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Josh and the staff were fantastic, made it a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Last year we dined at the Chart House for my mother's birthday and had such great food and service she decided she wanted to return again this year. The service was good although our food was not timed well resulting in cold dishes. They personalize the menu with a Happy Birthday message which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Starting with the good...food was excellent. Service, not so good. Waitstaff was pleasant but lacking. Drinks were late and mixed up. App served to one party was soup, not chowder ordered. Chopped salad ordered by one party was never served. This was the second such experience and probably the last visit for some time .Special Features:
- Review from une 17, 2014BruceDined on 6/17/2014The food was great and the atmosphere is wonderful. Very slow on our appetizer for some reason but the rest was fabulous. They were on top of our reservation and no waiting when we go there. Overall a good rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent fresh seafoodepicure95VIPDined on 6/15/2014The Chart House delivered again- we know we can always get a fresh piece of fish prepared in a way that is unique. The outdoor eating area is great to have a cocktail and apps before dinner. Great views, too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJodiDined on 6/15/2014We went for father's day and were sat in the very back of the restaurant by the fireplace (the restaurant was pretty empty). We heard the views were great, but the back of the restaurant is not very nice at all. The service was pretty poor...we brought our 3 kids (4, 7, 10) and they were so slow the kids got restless. The food was just OK, the pan seared scallops were pretty gelatinous in the middle, the clam chowder had so much celery in it it overpowered the rest, the lobster bisque was good, but a bit bland.
- Classy Mountain CuisinecskansasDined on 6/13/2014Exceptional service and equally exceptional food! All seats are good in this restaurant - can see the beauty of the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.