Chart House Restaurant - Golden
25908 Genesee Trail Road
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3035269813x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the twinkling lights of Denver as your party sits fireside at the beautiful Chart House in Genesee. Our chefs will prepare a menu that is sure to delight your guests. Call us about your reception, bridal shower, corporate meeting or special occasion. Private facilities available Monday thru Sunday, 10:00am to 3:00pm for parties of 30 or more. Semi-private space is available Sunday thru Thursday in the open dining room. Chart House will make your private event one to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Noah 3035269813x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden
The Denver city lights shimmer below Chart House, an intimate hillside restaurant located just half an hour from downtown. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine and it is easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or Spiced Yellowfin Ahi and our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lounge open at 4:30 for appetizers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Golden - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)special occasion (88)romantic (73)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and it was a real success. The waiter made great suggestions for both appetizers and wine. Both main courses were fantastic. The only questionable part was the selling of the frequent diner card after dinner. It kind of broke the spell and brought us back to dollars and cents,Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingEatoutoftenDined on 10/10/2014While touted to be a steak restaurant, the meat dishes were the standard fare; and the quality of the cuts was very average. Still, for a $30 meal, the flavor was below average. They didn't have enough of the new-for-fall side dish, so we settled for a run-of-the-mill vegetable side. The "sizzling mushrooms" were dry - all of the sizzle had cooked out. And there's just no justification for charging $17 for their salad bar. Very underwhelming.Special Features:
- Good food at a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent Salad Bar. Food was very good. Service was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience. It is not worth the price charged, and if we had not had a discount, I would have felt overcharged at the full price. The attrction here is the view of Denver, and that was excellent.Special Features:
- High Expectations,but disappointedUnsatisfiedDined on 10/1/2014The ambiance was a plus. My girlfriend and I were here for the first time. We researched the menu before going. They have a happy hour, but it is ONLY for the lounge and bar. If you're dining, the happy hour menu doesn't apply to you. You pay full price while at the same time others seated just a few feet from you get up to half off their prices. This doesn't make sense at all. The service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive to our requests, especially gluten free items. The food was forgettable. Not bad, just not exciting or very flavorful. I would not come back to the full dining menu unless someone else was paying or just eat at the bar or lounge. We spent $135 for two. It really wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- not what it used to be at all.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Not a good experience., ........................................
- RaffRaffDined on 9/29/2014A very pleasant, romantic dining experience. My only suggestion would be, some of the food was not as warm as it could have been. Prepared very well and very tasty, but if you like your food hot, you may have to send it back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Food wasn't very good - definitely not worth the price.
- Thoughts on experiencetonka1020Dined on 9/27/2014So so service, seemed like a new guy, Delfino. He caught on after a while. Ex; martini, no olives in them, otherwise great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House ExperiencelindawdinesDined on 9/27/2014With some attention to detail, The Chart House could be a very good place to eat. As is, it is mediocre at best. We had the shrimp cocktail which were beautifully presented in a glass bowl nestled in a silver bowl of ice. But, the shrimp were "mealy", not cold and crisp like properly cooked shrimp should be. The cocktail sauce had way to much horseradish and was nearly inedible. The spinach salad was finished at the table and was very good. The Teriyake 12 ounce sirloin was beautifully cooked, but the sides were a joke. A paper thin slice of pineapple and a handful of fingerling potato slices that the menu said were "roasted", but I suspect they were boiled. Not good. It wasn't great.Special Features:
- ConsistentDMRESVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food is consistently wonderful!We have been to the Chart House numerous times and always enjoy the food and the service.Special Features:
- LeslieDined on 9/24/2014Noisy, expensive, slow service and mediocre food. A disappointment for a special dinner out.Special Features:
- OverpricedNotAgainDined on 9/22/2014So the waiter seemed more interested in selling more and more items than anything else. My girlfriend and I were getting a little frustrated with the sales tactics. Our meal was $120.00 and we sat in a corner booth. Not much scenery to look at. The $7.99 salad looked like it had been pre-made and sitting in a refrigerator. The $31.00 scallops tasted good, but I only got 4 of them on a tiny bed of mashed potatoes and some green beans. I was starving when I left. That's almost $8.00 a scallop!!!! Will never go back there again....Special Features:
- Not happy with the food.DisappointedDined on 9/20/2014I felt our waitress was very attentive. The restaurant experience was not very good. Salad bar not stocked. It took an extremely long time for our meal to come. Once received it looked like it had been sitting under the heating lamps for a while. I asked out waitress and she assured us that it had not. I had ordered grilled shrimp. It did not look or taste like it had been grilled and was extremely over cooked and dried out. I mentioned it to our waitress and she said she was going to check on it. We never received any kind of response. I have been to the Chart House many times before and have been very satisfied. With the amount we paid for our dinner I was very disappointed with this experienceSpecial Features:
- 1 hour passed reservation time!HelmetmanVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been dinning at the Chart House for 30 years and never have i had to wait 1 hour to be seated! I was embarrassed and disappointed. Had to wait 1 hour passed reservation time! Appetizer we wanted was gone by the 8:30+ seating time.Special Features:
- BusyplaceDined on 9/13/2014Good food but service a little slow. Were 15 minutes late seating us and we had a reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We have been to the Chart House several times and I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with the service and food this time. I am not sure we will return.
- Mediocre ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014This was a business Dinner. The fish plates 2) were cold when served. Had to send back to heat. Came back hot, but favor was unpleasing. Service was unattentive and lacked experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014feel like this restaurant is getting extremely pricey.....been coming here for 20 years and it just gets more expensive all the time.Special Features:
- Great Place - but ExpensiveFredinEvergreenDined on 9/9/2014This is a great place for those special occasions where you want something up-scale and are willing to pay for extra for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindSteveDined on 9/6/2014The Chart House has been around for many years and there are a plethora of reasons why. Start with the location: easy to get to and a great view. Next the ambiance: very welcoming and comfortable with friendly staff and that great view. Next the food: great selection, prepared very well, taste treats. It is just a pleasure to dine there and to explore the result: the customers are friendly. Try it!Special Features:
- Great Food with Spectacular ViewpaulDined on 9/5/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary just up the street from where we were married 14 years ago. Excellent food, Great services and a fantastic time.Special Features:
- JWDBDined on 9/5/2014Very good. The oysters rockefeller appetizer is always excellent. Same for the bisque. The tuna for main course may have been the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnLGDined on 9/1/2014Service was good, food was e very good, and we were not "rushed" A really good time was had by all in my party. The Bill reflected the quality.Special Features:
- Dining in StyletinalouDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is in the perfect location! It feels like you are far from the city but is so convenient to get to. The views of they city were amazing! I'd love to go during the sunset! The decor is contemporary modern and I loved the funky chandeliers and the odd size booths; it has so much character. There is a beautiful terrace that would be great for summer! The staff was so nice and they take such pride in their food and preparation. Everything me and my boyfriend had was delicious. The wine list was great too with lots of variety and bottles. It is the perfect place for a date night or out with friends. It's not too romantic or fancy; just the right amount of comfort for dining in style. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Not so much on the Prime RibPrimeriblvrDined on 8/29/2014I would not recommend the Prime Rib... View was Great service was good. Not a great value.Special Features:
- Overpriced, mediocre food.SleepLinesDined on 8/29/2014The view is a little bit of the city in the distance, the highway, and a grassy hill - not impressive. The demographic when we were there made us feel like we were eating at a retirement home - or some sort of club where older people wanted to eat predictable food and pay too much for it. Overall, for the very expensive prices, the menu was far from creative, the flavors were mediocre, and the food was not fresh by any means. We made the mistake of paying for the salad bar and the fruits tasted like chlorine. On the positive side - the service was wonderful. When I am going to drop that kind of money on a meal again, I will definitely be going somewhere else where there is more care put into the food and an actual dining experience.
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014After experiencing the Chart House at other locations around the country, we were excited to go to the one in Golden. We were very disappointed. The food was terrible and the service was almost as bad. The Caesar salad was inedible, the lettuce wilted and drenched with dressing. Our fish entrees were overcooked and had a puddle of disgusting oil underneath. The vegetable sides looked and tasted like they were cooked days ago. The server kept on asking us if we were done with our appetizer when it was obvious we were still eating it. We had to ask numerous times for drink refills. Never again.
- not impressedwhen2Dined on 8/28/2014Called ahead and still had to wait 35mins for a seat, (at 7:30 on a Thursday, party of two). There were avail tables just not enought waiters. Food was ok, chicken was dry. Wont be going again. Not worth the time to get out there, nor the expenses.Special Features:
- Very cozySure2returnDined on 8/28/2014The ambiance was warm and friendly. The food was spectacular and presented exquisitely, service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly a corporate restuarant.krlittle4dDined on 8/27/2014Our experience at the Chart House was not good. The wait staff couldn't remember anything, and he gave us the hard sales pitch on becoming a member of the chain club. The food was of less quality than that of Chili's which isn't saying much. The shrimp seemed like it came out of a box.
- Good food and views!galloe71Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, good view of the city. It rained while we were there and a rainbow showed up right outside the window. The staff was very nice, considering we had a toddler with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGrammaChrisDined on 8/26/2014The food, service and atmosphere at the Chart House is outstanding. We go there for special occasions and sometimes just because. The Oysters Rockefeller is the absolute best. Beverages are wonderful. They have an excellent bar menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fairly pleasant experienceNoBellPeppersDined on 8/26/2014Noted my wife cannot eat bell peppers at the online reservation, then discussed with the waiter when taking our order. My wife's lettuce wraps did not have any bell peppers whereas mine did. However, the entree did have a citrus chili sauce on the side. It had bell pepper oil which we were not told about. However, my wife does not care for chili sauce so she did not have any. The tables were quite crowded together. The neighboring table had to shift to allow us to get out when leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/25/2014Great food and wonderful service! It was well worth the drive from Westminster, we had a great time and left very satisfied with our dinner. We will be returning in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedhelenjo2Dined on 8/25/2014Very disappointed with quality of food The food was definitely defined by the restaurant being a chain. In this day and age of nutrition, I think the restaurant is lacking in their menu for grilled meats or fish. I would think that healthy choices would be preferable. Fried foods are definitely for fast food restaurants,Special Features:
- poor experiencehot1Dined on 8/24/2014We went to the Chart House for Restaurant Week and had a very poor experience. The crust on my coconut shrimp was so tough, I could hardly chew through it. The potatoes server with my husband's short ribs were bland. The service was extremely slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. The chocolate lava cake was cold when it arrived.
- Service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The overall experience was good. I wanted to specifically mention the service which was excellent. Our server was fantastic in every way and so were the other servers we saw working. We both commented on how well they treated all guests.Special Features:
- Don't botherMileHighFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We arrived 15 mins early and were asked to have a seat in the bar. No problem. It took 15 mins to get two simple drinks. Then we had to wait an additional 15 mins for our table. Despite having a reservation and calling to confirm that reservation earlier in the day, we were sat (15 min late remember), at the worst high traffic table possible. When I noted my concerns, we were offered a different table, but in one of the back rooms where there is no view. The view is the whole point of going to Chart House. The back rooms are for walk-ins, not reservations. The server was kind, but clearly paid more attention to others throughout our meal. It took at least 10 mins after ea course to clear the table; another 5 to deliver new food. Bland food.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The menu was fantastic. The wait was long but that is expected on a Sat. night of Restaurant week. The staff outstanding. The panko chicken and prime rib wonderful. Loved the shrimp cocktails. The outdoor patio is super for waiting. We signed up for the Laundry club too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencePoptopDined on 8/23/2014In short--splendid view, fine ambience, indifferent food, disappointing service. Our reservation was for 7 p.m.; we had to wait until 7:35 p.m. for our table. We were completely ignored by the front-desk hosts while we sat and waited for the table--no updates, apologies, or even sympathetic glances. Once we were seated, the menu looked quite promising, but food preparation was quite bad--overfried shrimp, a poor chicken dish, uninteresting presentation. Only high point was superb New England Clam Chowder--recommended. The lull between our desert order and its eventual delivery was painfully long, as was the delay in collecting our meal payments. Chart House's admittedly scenic setting is insufficient to motivate us to return there.Special Features: