Chart House Restaurant - Golden
25908 Genesee Trail Road
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3035269813x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the twinkling lights of Denver as your party sits fireside at the beautiful Chart House in Genesee. Our chefs will prepare a menu that is sure to delight your guests. Call us about your reception, bridal shower, corporate meeting or special occasion. Private facilities available Monday thru Sunday, 10:00am to 3:00pm for parties of 30 or more. Semi-private space is available Sunday thru Thursday in the open dining room. Chart House will make your private event one to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Noah 3035269813x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden
The Denver city lights shimmer below Chart House, an intimate hillside restaurant located just half an hour from downtown. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine and it is easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or Spiced Yellowfin Ahi and our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lounge open at 4:30 for appetizers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Golden - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (113)special occasion (95)romantic (76)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (26)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 1 hour passed reservation time!HelmetmanVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been dinning at the Chart House for 30 years and never have i had to wait 1 hour to be seated! I was embarrassed and disappointed. Had to wait 1 hour passed reservation time! Appetizer we wanted was gone by the 8:30+ seating time.Special Features:
- BusyplaceDined on 9/13/2014Good food but service a little slow. Were 15 minutes late seating us and we had a reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We have been to the Chart House several times and I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with the service and food this time. I am not sure we will return.
- Mediocre ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014This was a business Dinner. The fish plates 2) were cold when served. Had to send back to heat. Came back hot, but favor was unpleasing. Service was unattentive and lacked experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014feel like this restaurant is getting extremely pricey.....been coming here for 20 years and it just gets more expensive all the time.Special Features:
- Great Place - but ExpensiveFredinEvergreenDined on 9/9/2014This is a great place for those special occasions where you want something up-scale and are willing to pay for extra for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindSteveDined on 9/6/2014The Chart House has been around for many years and there are a plethora of reasons why. Start with the location: easy to get to and a great view. Next the ambiance: very welcoming and comfortable with friendly staff and that great view. Next the food: great selection, prepared very well, taste treats. It is just a pleasure to dine there and to explore the result: the customers are friendly. Try it!Special Features:
- Great Food with Spectacular ViewpaulDined on 9/5/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary just up the street from where we were married 14 years ago. Excellent food, Great services and a fantastic time.Special Features:
- JohnLGDined on 9/1/2014Service was good, food was e very good, and we were not "rushed" A really good time was had by all in my party. The Bill reflected the quality.Special Features:
- Dining in StyletinalouDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is in the perfect location! It feels like you are far from the city but is so convenient to get to. The views of they city were amazing! I'd love to go during the sunset! The decor is contemporary modern and I loved the funky chandeliers and the odd size booths; it has so much character. There is a beautiful terrace that would be great for summer! The staff was so nice and they take such pride in their food and preparation. Everything me and my boyfriend had was delicious. The wine list was great too with lots of variety and bottles. It is the perfect place for a date night or out with friends. It's not too romantic or fancy; just the right amount of comfort for dining in style. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Not so much on the Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I would not recommend the Prime Rib... View was Great service was good. Not a great value.Special Features:
- Overpriced, mediocre food.SleepLinesDined on 8/29/2014The view is a little bit of the city in the distance, the highway, and a grassy hill - not impressive. The demographic when we were there made us feel like we were eating at a retirement home - or some sort of club where older people wanted to eat predictable food and pay too much for it. Overall, for the very expensive prices, the menu was far from creative, the flavors were mediocre, and the food was not fresh by any means. We made the mistake of paying for the salad bar and the fruits tasted like chlorine. On the positive side - the service was wonderful. When I am going to drop that kind of money on a meal again, I will definitely be going somewhere else where there is more care put into the food and an actual dining experience.
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014After experiencing the Chart House at other locations around the country, we were excited to go to the one in Golden. We were very disappointed. The food was terrible and the service was almost as bad. The Caesar salad was inedible, the lettuce wilted and drenched with dressing. Our fish entrees were overcooked and had a puddle of disgusting oil underneath. The vegetable sides looked and tasted like they were cooked days ago. The server kept on asking us if we were done with our appetizer when it was obvious we were still eating it. We had to ask numerous times for drink refills. Never again.
- not impressedwhen2Dined on 8/28/2014Called ahead and still had to wait 35mins for a seat, (at 7:30 on a Thursday, party of two). There were avail tables just not enought waiters. Food was ok, chicken was dry. Wont be going again. Not worth the time to get out there, nor the expenses.Special Features:
- Very cozySure2returnDined on 8/28/2014The ambiance was warm and friendly. The food was spectacular and presented exquisitely, service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly a corporate restuarant.krlittle4dDined on 8/27/2014Our experience at the Chart House was not good. The wait staff couldn't remember anything, and he gave us the hard sales pitch on becoming a member of the chain club. The food was of less quality than that of Chili's which isn't saying much. The shrimp seemed like it came out of a box.
- Good food and views!galloe71Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, good view of the city. It rained while we were there and a rainbow showed up right outside the window. The staff was very nice, considering we had a toddler with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGrammaChrisDined on 8/26/2014The food, service and atmosphere at the Chart House is outstanding. We go there for special occasions and sometimes just because. The Oysters Rockefeller is the absolute best. Beverages are wonderful. They have an excellent bar menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fairly pleasant experienceNoBellPeppersDined on 8/26/2014Noted my wife cannot eat bell peppers at the online reservation, then discussed with the waiter when taking our order. My wife's lettuce wraps did not have any bell peppers whereas mine did. However, the entree did have a citrus chili sauce on the side. It had bell pepper oil which we were not told about. However, my wife does not care for chili sauce so she did not have any. The tables were quite crowded together. The neighboring table had to shift to allow us to get out when leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/25/2014Great food and wonderful service! It was well worth the drive from Westminster, we had a great time and left very satisfied with our dinner. We will be returning in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Very disappointed with quality of food The food was definitely defined by the restaurant being a chain. In this day and age of nutrition, I think the restaurant is lacking in their menu for grilled meats or fish. I would think that healthy choices would be preferable. Fried foods are definitely for fast food restaurants,Special Features:
- poor experiencehot1Dined on 8/24/2014We went to the Chart House for Restaurant Week and had a very poor experience. The crust on my coconut shrimp was so tough, I could hardly chew through it. The potatoes server with my husband's short ribs were bland. The service was extremely slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. The chocolate lava cake was cold when it arrived.
- Service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The overall experience was good. I wanted to specifically mention the service which was excellent. Our server was fantastic in every way and so were the other servers we saw working. We both commented on how well they treated all guests.Special Features:
- Don't botherMileHighFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We arrived 15 mins early and were asked to have a seat in the bar. No problem. It took 15 mins to get two simple drinks. Then we had to wait an additional 15 mins for our table. Despite having a reservation and calling to confirm that reservation earlier in the day, we were sat (15 min late remember), at the worst high traffic table possible. When I noted my concerns, we were offered a different table, but in one of the back rooms where there is no view. The view is the whole point of going to Chart House. The back rooms are for walk-ins, not reservations. The server was kind, but clearly paid more attention to others throughout our meal. It took at least 10 mins after ea course to clear the table; another 5 to deliver new food. Bland food.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The menu was fantastic. The wait was long but that is expected on a Sat. night of Restaurant week. The staff outstanding. The panko chicken and prime rib wonderful. Loved the shrimp cocktails. The outdoor patio is super for waiting. We signed up for the Laundry club too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencePoptopDined on 8/23/2014In short--splendid view, fine ambience, indifferent food, disappointing service. Our reservation was for 7 p.m.; we had to wait until 7:35 p.m. for our table. We were completely ignored by the front-desk hosts while we sat and waited for the table--no updates, apologies, or even sympathetic glances. Once we were seated, the menu looked quite promising, but food preparation was quite bad--overfried shrimp, a poor chicken dish, uninteresting presentation. Only high point was superb New England Clam Chowder--recommended. The lull between our desert order and its eventual delivery was painfully long, as was the delay in collecting our meal payments. Chart House's admittedly scenic setting is insufficient to motivate us to return there.Special Features:
- IncredibleDined on 8/23/2014We love the food, our server and the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The area that we were seated was extremely crowded. My seat was bumped every time someone went by, very annoying. The food was fine, just late with appetizers. Server was fine. The salad extremely over-priced for the minimal selection. The beer glasses need to be chilled. The wine selection (made by the waiter) was very good. In closing, in the past when I have brought large parties into your establishment, we have been very pleased; however this time, in a small setting with just four, it was very uncomfortable. The table selection was totally inadequate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date Night!AnnaBee83Dined on 8/23/2014The view was spectacular; the couple next to us mentioned there was a herd of buffalo in view last time they were there. The service was great; our server was attentive and very friendly. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Salad was overdressed and lettuce was browning, my steak was over cooked as well. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience.demoo35Dined on 8/19/2014The food was very good and our server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No steak for you!charthousetonightVIPDined on 8/18/2014I was very disappointed in that I ordered a Filet and was told that they did not have any. This was at 6:00 pm! I then ordered a rib eye medium and was served a piece of prime rib that was overcooked. The waiter did his best to remedy the situation and said that the manager would buy me a dessert. This is not what I expected! I expected that the item be deducted from the bill at the least. I will continue to go to this restaurant and I may call ahead to see if filet's are on the menu that I night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winelvrDined on 8/17/2014Great food, service and setting. Had not been there for 20+ years, but won't wait that long again. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Shrimp IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Overall our experience at the Chart House was great. The wait staff was amazing. Made for a very pleasurable evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has gone so far downhill it is not even funny. It's a shame too, because it is a beautiful restaurant in a beautiful setting. Do yourself a favor and skip it.
- tommydtommydDined on 8/13/2014We were very pleased with service, food, and staff as a whole. Definitely recommend based on our experience.Special Features:
- Poor Anniversary DinnerCfoodDined on 8/12/2014Our dinner experience was not good. We had poor service and the Caesar salad was terrible (extremely salty with no flavor). The poor service was based on a waiter with little to no wine knowledge. He followed that with not serving any bread, no refills on a soda and then no sugar for the after-dinner coffee. We would not recommend the restaurant; there are many in the Denver area in the same cost range with better service and meals. We drove 90 miles round trip for a disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- Has a wonderful view of Denver.slngsht727Dined on 8/8/2014This was my first visit to Chart House and we loved it. Only a short drive from Denver. I made the reservation on-line and we were seated immediately upon arrival. The reservation timing was based on the 6:15 pm full moon rise. We were seated at an absolutely perfect widow table for viewing. Great view, friendly server and manager. We never felt rushed, and the food was terrific. We also watched an owl or hawk throughout the meal. I don't know how our experience could have been any better.Special Features:
- InexperienceRoadWarriorDined on 8/7/2014The waitress was very pleasant but did a terrible job of trying to decant the bottle of wine I ordered and then proceeded to deduct my Landry points from the bill without asking me first.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable EveningFrequentDinerDined on 8/2/2014We were very impressed. My wife and I had dinner on a Friday night and were seated in the back part of the dining area. At first we thought we'd miss the view those near the front windows had, but soon realized it was perfect for a quiet, intimate dinner. The front area had larger tables/groups and seemed a bit more casual. The food was cooked and presented to perfection and the service was exceptional; and the waiter was there when appropriate. I know everyone's expectation of service and quality of food for the price is different but compared to other comparably priced upscale restaurants we've been to recently the Chart House definitely tops our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.