Chart House Restaurant - Golden
25908 Genesee Trail Road
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3035269813x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the twinkling lights of Denver as your party sits fireside at the beautiful Chart House in Genesee. Our chefs will prepare a menu that is sure to delight your guests. Call us about your reception, bridal shower, corporate meeting or special occasion. Private facilities available Monday thru Sunday, 10:00am to 3:00pm for parties of 30 or more. Semi-private space is available Sunday thru Thursday in the open dining room. Chart House will make your private event one to remember!
- Private Party Contact: Cameron Noah 3035269813x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden
The Denver city lights shimmer below Chart House, an intimate hillside restaurant located just half an hour from downtown. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine and it is easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or Spiced Yellowfin Ahi and our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lounge open at 4:30 for appetizers and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Golden - Best Restaurants in Golden ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (106)special occasion (96)romantic (71)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014We went to the Chart House for our daughter's birthday. When we arrived, the menu had Happy Birthday on it. That was a wonderful touch. The food was wonderful and the chocolate lava cake was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were deliciousKasserottaDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Chart House. The salad bar lived up to our expectations again with a delicious Brussels sprout salad in addition to th standard items. The pan seared scallops were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karenDined on 7/10/2014a great time we had and our guests loved the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatLackLusterDined on 7/10/2014I had friends visiting from out of state and we all wanted to try something new and expected a little more. I was told through others that this was a very upscale restaurant and I was a little disappointed by the lack of professionalism and knowledge of menu. The calamari was seasoned well but when it came to the entree I was a bit underwhelmed. I especially have a problem with ordering something on the menu and the restaurant not having the main ingredients. For example, I ordered the oysters Rockefeller and the restaurant didn't have any oysters. Doesn't make sense to me. I also was a bit underwhelmed with the flavor of the shrimp platter. Like the title says, good not great. I probably won't be back, to expensive for the experience.Special Features:
- Special occasiongmcglathDined on 7/9/2014We have enjoyed the Chart House for many years as a go-to place for special occasions. The menu is extensive and varied to suit any taste. This experience was the occasion of our anniversary. The waitperson, Kelsey, was attentive and pleasant. Chart House will remain one of our favorite spots for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Our waiter was OUTSTANDING! It was our 3rd anniversary and all acknowledged that! Wow! My husband proposed to me there on Valentines Day 3 years ago! We love the Chart House!Special Features:
- anniversary left hot & botheredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We went there for our 2nd wedding anniversary dinner & the temperature in the restaurant was uncomfortable. Apparently the a/c wasn't working. We went there to enjoy a nice dinner, we were unable to enjoy our dinner because we were hot. The appetizer came out not gluten free when it needed to be; I have celiac disease. Our waitress was socially awkward, tried way too hard socializing with her guest. It did not come naturally for her. The manager did NOT come to us once about our issues. It took us complaining 3 times before they even propped a door to get some air circulation. We went there last year for our 1st wedding anniversary & had a great time. However, bad experience leaves lasting impression.
- Fantastic AnniversaryEGSG03Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated our Anniversary (day late) and the staff had prepared custom menus to celebrate our day, by wishing us Happy Anniversary on the menu and rolled them up for us to take home. The food was great and the views were awesome...We will be back soon.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014the food was great the service fantastic and the views were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyDined on 7/1/2014Our server appeared to be fairly new and not very confident, but after checking on each concern, did fulfill our requests.Special Features:
- Good Menu; Great FoodSirhodDined on 6/30/2014Altho I'd eaten here before, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of offerings on the menu, the excellent salad bar and the quality of the food when it was served. Our waiter also happened to be particularly congenial. All-in-all a delightful experience that made us assure each other that we would have to do it again, soon.Special Features:
- Perfect Place to CelebrateboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I took my wife's niece and her family to Chart House to celebrate her 50th birthday and it was a total success. We went on a Sunday, the day Chart House offers an excellent short-rib based three-course meal. We were seated next to a window with a marvelous view of the city. Our waiter was attentive and informative. The wine list is reasonably varied and fairly priced. We had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which was on special, and a bottle of Malbec, both of which matched our meals perfectly. Our meal ran a little bit long; however, we never felt pressured to leave. The Chart House does a good job of making you feel welcome and appreciated. It was a bit windy, so we ate inside; however, next time I'd like to try the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-0pera dinnerFoodcentricDined on 6/28/2014We told the staff at time of reservation and on arrival we needed prompt service. It wasn't. Most galling, our wine didn't come until we were half- way through our main course. Never again!
- Above and Beyond for BirthdayATSquaredDined on 6/24/2014My fiance's birthday was the reason we were dining out. I used Open Table to reserve our table and let them know it was his birthday and we would like a nice view. Well, not only did we have a nice view but they special printed menus with Happy Birthday and the date so we could keep them, they also treated us to a birthday dessert. The food is always excellent and worth the higher prices. We shared a tuna appetizer, I had filet and my love had sea bass... all insanely delicious! Not to mention the creme brulee which was actually one of the best I have had around the city (this is my fiance's favorite so it must be ordered if its available) Thank you Chart House for the unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service!NHemmerDined on 6/22/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner. The views were great, the service was outstanding and the food was wonderful. Great location. We will definitely be back.
- Good service, good foodDandK77Dined on 6/22/2014The food, the service and the views are great. The happy hour menu is excellent, but the dinner menu is a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour & Great MealsReillyF1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a pleasure to dine at the Genesse Chart House. Love the outside patio. Great Happy Hour menu and the meals are always fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Josh and the staff were fantastic, made it a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Last year we dined at the Chart House for my mother's birthday and had such great food and service she decided she wanted to return again this year. The service was good although our food was not timed well resulting in cold dishes. They personalize the menu with a Happy Birthday message which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Starting with the good...food was excellent. Service, not so good. Waitstaff was pleasant but lacking. Drinks were late and mixed up. App served to one party was soup, not chowder ordered. Chopped salad ordered by one party was never served. This was the second such experience and probably the last visit for some time .Special Features:
- Review from une 17, 2014BruceDined on 6/17/2014The food was great and the atmosphere is wonderful. Very slow on our appetizer for some reason but the rest was fabulous. They were on top of our reservation and no waiting when we go there. Overall a good rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent fresh seafoodepicure95VIPDined on 6/15/2014The Chart House delivered again- we know we can always get a fresh piece of fish prepared in a way that is unique. The outdoor eating area is great to have a cocktail and apps before dinner. Great views, too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJodiDined on 6/15/2014We went for father's day and were sat in the very back of the restaurant by the fireplace (the restaurant was pretty empty). We heard the views were great, but the back of the restaurant is not very nice at all. The service was pretty poor...we brought our 3 kids (4, 7, 10) and they were so slow the kids got restless. The food was just OK, the pan seared scallops were pretty gelatinous in the middle, the clam chowder had so much celery in it it overpowered the rest, the lobster bisque was good, but a bit bland.
- Classy Mountain CuisinecskansasDined on 6/13/2014Exceptional service and equally exceptional food! All seats are good in this restaurant - can see the beauty of the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Your personalized menu was a great touch, we liked it. We will recommend the Chart restaurant to our family & friends, and will come back again. THANKS Dave & Kathy JacovettaSpecial Features:
- OkayNotsureitwasworththepriceDined on 6/7/2014The food is overall good but there seemed to be a lag time between when the food was cooked and when it was delivered to our table. We started with the stuffed mushrooms and they were room temperature when we got them. I would have preferred them to be steaming when they got to the table. The creamed spinach had a great flavor but it was also room temperature by the time we got it. My fish was good. To spend that kind of money on a meal, I expected better. It was also freezing in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short on TasteLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/6/2014We've been customers of this restaurant for 15+ years. We love the views of the city. On a clear night you can see the airport, some 45 miles away. The service has been reliable, the chowder and fish dishes have always been very good; until last night. The chowder was different, but still better than average. The fish dishes were tasteless, literally. I had the halibut with heirloom tomatoes, covered by a yellow sauce that was terribly heavy and bland. It killed the dish. My wife had the Sea Bass with edame, a pesto sauce, other beans and veggies. Again, the dish was just very bland. I would not recommend these two dishes. The service was friendly, the wine on the high side of affordable. Sad to report the value was lacking this occasion.Special Features:
- chart househungryDined on 6/3/2014Food and ambience were very good. Spectacular view of downtown Denver at night. Our waiter was overzealous, brash and loud and thought blue point oysters came from California!Special Features:
- Excellent food and a Wonderful ViewDennisDined on 6/1/2014Excellent food. Room was rather busy and our seating on this occasion was a bit tight for our preferences. Excellent service. The view of Denver and east was beautiful.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceSpecialOccasionGuyDined on 6/1/2014Always a relaxing, classy place to dine with great views of the city and excellent food and wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great most of the time...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014So we have been to the Chart House on several occasions and its always been a decent experience. Unfortunately it wasnt this time around. We made reservations for 7:30pm on a Saturday night only to have to wait an additional 45 minutes to actually get a table. The place was not crowded as the waiting area was pretty open, but i had over heard a server telling another customer that several groups had been camping their tables for over 2 and a half hours being paid up already. Once we were seated, our server did a fine job. As far as the food, the lobster bisque came out cold which was sent back to be reheated ( microwaved). The ran out of ginger beer for their "Berry Mule", but the main entree was good.Special Features:
- Stellar menumonumentalDined on 5/31/2014Growing up in FL & deep sea fishing (20+ x per yr) we enjoy excellent seafood. We were not disappointed this evening!! The menu was excellent & the Special everything the staff said it would be. 3 downsides: 1) even though we requested window seating & would have waited for a table, we were not given that option - instead we had the privilege to have a ringside seat at the salad bar - ugh!! 2) the place is staffed by a bunch of kids; 3) the restaurant manager loudly chewed out his staff in the middle of the restaurant - exceptionally poor form, you do that in back & not in front of your guests. Recommendations: Keep the menu; hire more professionals; send the manager to a Carnegie Course on dealing with pressure & employees.Special Features:
- overbookednikitaDined on 5/31/2014Kind of disappointed that we were seated 45 minutes later than our reservation. I like to come here for my birthday & have been doing so for many years. We sat at the bar till our table was ready & the service was slow in the bar. Had a feeling a busy night like this was unexpected for the staff. But dinner did not disappoint. It was excellent.Special Features:
- Not as good as it has been.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014My scallop dish was not good. Scallops small and rubbery. Green garnish on top tasted like grass. Sad to see for such a nice restaurant. Food service was way too slow. The waitress was very friendly and nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful time and the service was really good.Special Features:
- Chart House - Genesee ColoradodaviddinesDined on 5/25/2014Arrived about 20 minutes before our reservation, but there was immediate seating. The service was generally good except the salad was brought too soon after the cocktails arrived (still sipping cocktail). Chopped salad was excellent and the both the steak and the fish were perfectly done as was the dessert. Would recommend for the reasons noted aboverSpecial Features:
- First time guestsTtomenyDined on 5/24/2014I've passed by the Chart House for years and finally made plans for a romantic dinner. In spite of the rain it was cozy and relaxing. The kitchen is impressive and I highly recommend the lobster bisque and stuffed mushrooms. Ill be back soon to sample more if the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014The food was delicious and our server was very good...however the food took over a hour to arrive to our table. For as much as our bill was for five people I feel our food shouldn't have taken over an hour to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maryDined on 5/23/2014Waited over an hour to get a table "next to the window" even though I was told it would be about 15 minutes. Finally got seated in the "window room," but opted to wait even longer for the "best window table," which it turns out had the worst view. Food was okay. Service was good. Lava cake was a big disappointment. It wasn't even warm. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Charthouse graduation dinnerDaveDined on 5/22/2014Wonderful food, attentive service. Loved how 6 waiters delivered our 6 entrees simultaneously. Dramatic!Special Features: