Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
129 East Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7023868364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
The 75,000 gallon aquarium is the centerpiece at the sleek Las Vegas Chart House, located in the Golden Nugget's brand new Rush Tower. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Vegas, this is it - located on famous Fremont Street in downtown. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our Slow Roasted Prime Rib, or indulge in one of our daily fresh fish selections. We offer an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (37)scenic view (33)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- gadgetmanDined on 9/9/2014It was an excellent dining experience---and I'm pretty spoiled.Special Features:
- CharmingCathyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Charming! The fish tank provides lots of aqutic entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodloverDined on 9/7/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner and were extremely pleased with the wonderful, friendly service and excellent food. We have been at the Chart house before and it has never let us down. we will look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew?VegasfoodieDined on 9/4/2014My husband & I dined at Chart House for the 1st time on Thursday, and it was phenomenal. I picked the restaurant for its proximity to The Smith Center and it's nice seafood selections, and was more than happy with the choice. I chose the new wave surf & turf with scallops. The short rib was "like butta" - tender, flavorful while the scallops added "zing" with the wasabi cream. My husband ordered the 14 oz New York and it was cooked to perfection. Our server was friendly and funny. We had NO idea this gem was downtown, but now that we do. ..we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionStacyDined on 9/1/2014We had dinner there on Sept 1 immediately following our wedding. Everything was lovely and the food was spectacular. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good but nothing memorableVegasfoodieDined on 8/27/2014Service was excellent but soup and entree were lukewarm. Spring rolls were a bit bland.
- Excellent. We will return.mackinstackDined on 8/19/2014Our experience was wonderful. The food was outstanding as was our service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Environmentfoodlover1978Dined on 8/18/2014This beautiful restaurant has a giant fish tank with all kinds of beautiful fish...We sat directly behind it in a comfortable booth with a perfect view to the tank. The food was really good with the exception of the mac n cheese...it was a little over cooked so it was very hard and impossible to eat. Other than that little snag it was a great experience. ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch or dinner!DrJN68VIPDined on 8/18/2014The fish tank in the middle of the restaurant provided a wonderful view while dining. Good food! The lobster grilled cheese was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceWallyDined on 8/16/2014Since living in Las Vegas we have been trying to experience allot of the places to have a fine meal. From the moment we arrived till the minute we left the experience was great. The scenery was great with the large fish tank, the wait staff was very attentive to us and our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and also the local attractions. The food was nothing but outstanding and will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish tank was interesting...PickyAlaskanDined on 8/12/2014...but the food was not. Appetizers, soups, salads & entrees were bland. Presentation wasn't good, either. Ordered scallops, got bass. Sent it back. Eventually got a plate with 4 scallops on dollops of mashed potatoes and some odd teriyaki-like sauce which was not mentioned on the menu. Ate 2 and pushed the plate away. Was very happy when the waiter graciously took it off our bill. Used to enjoy the Chart House in Maui...such a letdown!
- Great mealExploreUS14Dined on 8/10/2014I asked for a steak and King Crab leg combination that wasn't on the menu. Our waiter, Eddie, said no problem. The Beefsteak Tomato salad was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rise and Dine!ShiSoFreshDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service, beautiful decor (the fish tank)....everything you need and want in a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Group!UnknownDinerDined on 8/8/2014Eight in our party, table and wait staff were ready and able in a very prompt and timely fashion. Food was well prepared and presented. The group raved about the dishes and service, we arrived at out show on time. Order the desert souffle before dinner. Very light, sweet.Special Features:
- Good FoodMesquiteNVDined on 8/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and service, excluding the 10 minute fire alarm noise. Irritating, we could not have any conversation while alarms and recordings were going off. Staff should have advised each table on what was happening. Some people left their tables. We used to go to the Chart House in Newport Beach in the 60s, Still good food and appreciated the birthday cake. We will be back.Special Features:
- Dinner with A Moray EelGumbyDined on 8/4/2014I had the best seat in the house and the best waiter. The food was great. Service prompt and professional. The aquarium is spectacular. The moray eel is pretty awesome. Overall great experience. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- cool ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/31/2014The floor-to-ceiling fish tank makes the whole experience worthwhile. The service was far beyond what I expected from a Landry's chain restaurant. I felt very welcomed, indeed. Food was above-par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommended by a colleagueSummitDined on 7/28/2014While attending a conference a friend recommended we go the Chart House. As a Landry Club Member I was assure it would be high quality and we were not disappointed. Great food, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterjuleswinehotshotDined on 7/26/2014Food was ok, nothing that reflects the price of the dishes. Great atmosphere to just relax and enjoy company. Good wine listSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerLasvegasrobertDined on 7/21/2014I have visited this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed the food, service, and aquarium view. Tonight the food and service, while good, wasn't as wonderful as it often is.Special Features:
- FISH FOOD VS FISHBeeBeeDined on 7/19/2014From beginning to end our dining experience was par excellance. I requested a good table to view the fish and it was the best for that. The hostess greeted us warmly and the waitress was a great help in making a decision from the menu. My coffee cup never had a bottom and other employees were interesting in talking about the various fish and items in the restaurant. We will return...guaranteed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance delightful. Music good...Sgbg4Dined on 7/17/2014Fabulous fish tank. Quiet surroundings music not too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverDined on 7/16/2014Waitress was a little too attentive. Other that that everything else was great.Loved Elias or Ezecheal, or whatever his name is.Special Features:
- A favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014It's one of our favorite restaurants and we go there every time we're in Las Vegas. We especially love the giant fish tank. Be sure to ask for a table as close as possible to the tank - watching the fish is mesmerizing and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Wedding AnniversaryCheersTo20YearsDined on 7/7/2014In celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary, we renewed our vows and dined at the Chart House! The food, cocktails and service were impeccable! So glad we selected this venue to celebrate such a joyous occasion! Looking forward to dining there again during all future trips to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Fishtank!!!SteakLoverDined on 7/4/2014We love the Chart House chain and this one did not disappoint! Brit was a wonderful server and the fish in the aquarium gave us quite a show! The steaks were delicious and all of the food was perfect! It was a belated anniversary for us and they even had "Happy Anniversary" wishes on our menus that they wrapped up for us to take home. We'll be back and a gold star to Brit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgVegasVoiceDined on 7/1/2014When you go to a restaurant once and it is great you always hope any future experiences equal your first. What a rare find when EVERY experience becomes as good if not better than the first. Great food, even greater service a wonderful place for a Power lunch or an amazing dinner. Food is fresh, tasty and always served with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old VegasSteakblah1VIPDined on 6/29/2014Hadn't been to downtown Vegas in years. We love Chart House, so when we realized there was one in the Zgolden Nugget, we decided to go. The ambience of the Goldn Nuggest is so "old Vegas" with glitz all around. The chart house is in the center of the hotel, with a view of an indoor aquarium. The restaurant is a little crowded with tables set very close together. Food was good, service great but a little slow. Great hot spot !Special Features:
- serviceKennytheKDined on 6/29/2014we had a 5.30 reservation and needed to leave the restaurant by 6.45 latest. the other two couples with us had a little more time flexibility. our waiter was prompt with our separate check and we left the restaurant as planned. service was excellent in getting us through our meal and even with our limited time frame, we never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentVegasTenderDined on 6/28/2014The service was outstanding. The food? Not so much. The shrimp was dry and tasteless, and the short ribs were bland. The ahi appetizer was above-average. The key lime pie and caramel-covered cheesecake were definitely the highlights. They were absolutely delicious. Also kind of a strange entrance with the hostess stand at the top of a narrow set of stairs where we were forced to stare at the backsides of the customers in front of us. We will definitely return in hopes that we were there on a "flukey" off night.Special Features:
- email@example.comVegasVoiceDined on 6/25/2014Once again an amazing lunchtime meal. Great spot to do business. It has become my "power lunch" place. Food great, service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish tankRun8foodDined on 6/19/2014Great service, attentive to the customer. I felt well taken care of when I dined there. Delicious choices on the menu and would love to come back again and try other items as well. The fish tank was pure joy and added to the ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WFwalterDined on 6/19/2014Very well done--- Love the fish tank---wait staff excellent---all food excellent except shrimp overcooked in the Medley otherwise food excellentSpecial Features:
- firstname.lastname@example.orgVegasVoiceDined on 6/19/2014This is a great place for a Power Lunch. The food is great and the service is even better. Love to recommend and if you are lucky you will be there at lunchtime when the scuba screw enter the tank and feed the fish. If you are luckier you were get a chance to see Gym the moray eel in the tank who hides most of the time..He is Big and Yellow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKSuzyQDined on 6/17/2014I had made the reservation 2 weeks prior. We had an early reservation (5:45 p.m.) and even though there were many tables available, they seated us right next to the kitchen door. When we asked to be seated elsewhere, the hostess said she would see what she could do. They did seat us eventually to a booth where they were supposed to bring us bread. After about 10 minutes, we asked for the bread which we received. The food was good but all and all the restaurant proved to be a disappointment to us. Would not eat there again.
- Will NOT DisappointObjectiveDined on 6/15/2014While this location lacks an ocean view, it nonetheless has a delightful servicescape which is as much a part of the experience as the artistry and culinary excellence. The dining area is smaller than many locations we have patronized and I certainly would have preferred a booth but we never felt crowded or rushed. Price point may be high for downtown Las Vegas but I would pay more given the quality of the meal & excellence in delivery. As a seasoned veteran of the industry, my expectations for downtown Las Vegas are not high but I was pleasantly surprised to find 1st class service employees from portal to portal in a downtown casino. I was particularly impressed by our server. I believe her name is Lalani but she is from Alabama not HI.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food and service spectacular. Tables are too close to each other which creates a too noisy environment. We prefer a quieter surrounding where we can actually converse. Parking is a huge issue which has resulted in us never frequenting your fine restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a ViewAZKLRSDined on 6/13/2014The 75000 gallon aquarium is awesome to look at while you wait to order and during lunch/dinner. This was our first CH experience and I will look for other locations on future trips. Service was good and food was excellent during our lunch. If we had more nights we would have gone back for dinner or drinks at the aquarium bar before going out.Special Features:
- Dinner at CharthouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014We have eaten at other Charthouse's in the U.S. so we have some basis for comparison. The food and service was excellent. The charm of the restaurant was the aquarium. Our seating was poor and did not provide much view of the aquarium. We had special friends visiting Las Vegas from Raleigh, North Carolina and our buildup of the restaurant did not match the actual.
- A great pre-theater venueTravellady620Dined on 6/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was great. It was a nice, relaxing place to dine before going to the Smith Center. I recommend it.Special Features: