Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
3000 N.E. 32nd Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9545614800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm & Sunday All Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Albers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasonal – check with restaurant for details.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks the magnificent Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the Chart House is a favorite of locals and tourists. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh food specialties such as macadamia crusted mahi to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, New Wave Surf & Turf and Mixed Seafood Grill. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)great for outdoor dining (89)special occasion (79)romantic (54)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (6)Show More
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I took my love here for his birthday and it was great. The food was fresh, flavorful and cooked very well. The ambiance was great and so romantic. We dined by the water and watched the yachts, smal boats and the water taxi float by. Our waiter was great! She was actually one of the best waiters I have ever had. This was an excellent choice!Special Features:
- A complete packageGGTQM1Dined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed everything and a table overlooking the Intercoastal and the Sunset made it perfect i'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningManagementVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food, service and evening was a great experience. Outstanding Prime Rib. We sat near the window overlooking ICW, fully recommend. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intercoastal Fine Diningtc57Dined on 9/17/2014Chart House proved to be a great choice for enjoying a fine dining experience on the intercoastal in Ft. Lauderdale. Outdoor seating was wonderful in the great evening weather, wine list very good, food for every course spot on. I enjoyed the Hemingway Snapper for my main course and it was wonderful. You can find more elegance, but we had a great time. A perfect fit for casual business dining.Special Features:
- Excellent foodSunmomDined on 9/17/2014We took business associates from out of town to Chart House and we were very happy with our choice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, everyone said the enjoyed their meal. Key Lime pie was outstanding. It was fun to watch the boats on the intracoastal.Special Features:
- ImpresssiveBooozeeeDined on 9/16/2014We celebrated a birthday here and we had a great dinner in a very nice outdoor atmosphere. The service was pleasant and the food all around was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeSueRVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were there both evenings this weekend and they do a wonderful job. Even with the heavy rain outside on Saturday, all worked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Too SlowmlletourDined on 9/12/2014Our food was great and when our waiter had time he treated us well but he must have had too many tables. He forgot to bring things he promised and the food was way too slow. We ordered drinks, oysters, salads, main course & dessert, coffee/after dinner drinks. All of it was great but there was way too much time between courses.Special Features:
- Sit OutsideMattsReviewsDined on 9/11/2014Overall... the quality of the food was outstanding. We had Artichoke crostini dip for an appetizer, a new dish there that was great. Can't remember what my wife had but she loved it. I had the Parmesan crusted Snapper with fresh crab meat and a delicious butter sauce. Wine selection was decent...the typicals with some harder to find selections. Service was good but not great. Major issue was inside. Very musty. Smelled like Grandma's house. Had there not been outside seating we may have left. Outside seating was very nice. Great view of the intercoastal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food not so good serviceNYFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food at the Charthouse was great, but service was not so good. Would not recommend dining here unless it's for a casual lunchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Ft. Lauderdale DiningLNLCDined on 9/8/2014We have dined at several Chart House locations and have never been disappointed ! We can now add the Ft. Lauderdale restaurant to the list. We were a small party for lunch celebrating a 90th birthday and were pleased that we chose the Chart House. The view is wonderful - food and wine very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- Seating issueMikeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Usually this is a great place to eat. I made a reservation for four people to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday with Sunday brunch. When we arrived it was too hot to sit on the patio and we were told that there was limited seating inside because of a large party. There were only a couple of people in the restaurant but they seated us at a back booth by the bathrooms. No big party showed up and when we left the dining room was virtually empty. The food and service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Great meal at SunsetSharptonAJ3Dined on 9/4/2014We had a great meal - great service and terrific food. Debbie - our server, thoroughly knew the menu and made great recommendations, all were phenomenal. We were treated to a great sunset across the ICW at the end of our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Intracoastal viewsJazzybVIPDined on 9/1/2014Happy Hour on the water is spectacular. Dinner is wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Nice waterfront view. The view of the water is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceSizziDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, but related to the price, I definetely expect a better service. Restaurant should urgently use more staff, not only one lady for so msny tables. Got my sauce 10 minutes later then my dish, glass of wine was forgotten at all.Special Features:
- Relaxing and tasty!prinsessDined on 8/30/2014This Chart House has kept standards high and is the best one my husband and I have ever dined in. It reminds us of the Chart House in Puerto Rico before it went downhill. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding at this Ft Lauderdale location. We will definitely make this our special occasion destination. Wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:
- Wonderful! Will be going back soonmojolovingDined on 8/29/2014Went there on 8/29 for our Anniversary made a reservation and stated it was our anniversary. They sat us at a very nice table outside with great view. They had a special message printed up on our menu which was a very nice touch. They have a large wine list and menu. We both had the prime rib which was very good and came with mashed potatoes. We ordered the lava cake which was good but we really didn't need it because the manager sent over a ice cream dessert for us with a candle in it.Special Features:
- Chart House Ft LauderdaleJepmapDined on 8/22/2014Surprisingly romantic location on intercoastal waterway. Great seafood selection, excellent preparation and pleasing presentation. Wait staff was very attentive and informative.Special Features:
- ChrisdyVIPDined on 8/19/2014The chart house had great cocktails and the service was good. The seafood was very fresh with several nice presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jb77Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful decor with nice water view. Salmon entrée disappointing especially for the price. Asparagus bitter and stringySpecial Features:
- cfoodjkyDined on 8/2/2014We went with some very good friends and as usual we were not disappointed. Located on the inter-coastal waterway, we arrived just before sunset which by itself was spectacular. The low noise level was wonderful for good conversation while watching the sunset. We had the Chilean Sea Bass and Mahi Mahi, the fish we all had was perfectly cooked, moist and tender, one of the best seafood restaurants on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was awesomemagsmoo93Dined on 8/2/2014This place is delicious as well as quite ambiant with the atmoshphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris the manager was outstandingIreneVIPDined on 8/1/2014the food is great, the drinks are great and the ambiance it great. we thoroughly loved it Chris Allen the manager went our of his way to make my party extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSoFloFoodieDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I had an awseome dinner for my 55th! Our server was VERY cordial and our fish selections were awesome, best sauces I've ever tasted! (Sea Bass w/ apple cherry reduction and nut crusted Mahi Mahi w/ peanut sauce). Nothing like the classy decor, and fabulous food while dinning on S.Flo's Inter Coastal Waterway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBigGuyDined on 7/27/2014The food was prepared properly, the server Allison understood, asked appropriate questions and made helpful suggestions.Special Features:
- You want the water and great food!Darnimpressed13Dined on 7/20/2014The restaurant is simply amazing, clean and bright. The bar, and bartenders, are great. They know their drinks, pour well and provide outstanding customer service. The general manager stopped by to see how our experience was. I was impressed that when he finished speaking with us he removed the dirty dishes himself. The food, as usual and always, is outstanding. Brunch is a treat and experience. If the weather is good, sit outside and breath in some fresh air. If not, sit outside anyway as the porch is covered. Treat yourself to the cucumber, fiery whatever goodness they call their specialty drink. Bring friends, bring strangers, meet new people and enjoy the GOOD LIFE at an amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Great food and nice scenery of the intercostal. The service was great too.Special Features:
- Consistently goodocean3550VIPDined on 7/17/2014This Chart House was great......very stylish and romantic too! We had sirloins which were fabulous as we're the side dishes too. They were out of raspberries however for the dessert .... Creme brûlée.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014The food was ok nothing special cold when got to the table the service was very good but it bother me that as we were living they were wrapping everything in plastic to fumigate not plesaentSpecial Features:
- Chart House = Great Foodtbr192Dined on 7/13/2014The place is beautiful with a very good service. The menu is exquisite and with lots of options including gluten free dishesSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We went to Charthouse for my sister's birthday. First let me say were a party of 12 and I made the reservation 4 days before. The restaurant called me to confirm the day of and asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside. The service was phenomenal. Our waiter was Edward and he went above and beyond. He even went to add money in the meter for one of our guests and serenaded by sister with the birthday song. The food was great and arrived in a timely fashion with no mistakes made. I give this experience and 10+ and would definitely go back! Loved it!!!!Special Features:
- Good not excellentLFalkVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were a little disappointed this time at the Charthouse in Fort Lauderdale and did not feel as welcomed as in previous visits. We had a table of 4 and service was just ok but food was great. Hostess was not friendly. We were disappointed and not sure if we will run back there in our next vacation from NJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHNikkiDined on 7/6/2014The place is expansive BUT HH is pretty good $4.00-$6.00 wekk ,margritas and beer,plus they have a HH food menu which is pretty nice. The view is greatBut HH is only atbar and lounge areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Happy HourFoodieQueenVIPDined on 7/6/2014Chart House never disappoints. Especially the Happy Hour, all day on Sundays. Lettuce wraps are amazing! We stopped in our way to the beach & the prime rib sliders kept us full through dinnertime! The management team is so welcoming & accommodating. Keep up the excellent service! We come here often, so we were very happy to learn about the "Landry's Select Club" card that helps save us money, just by dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightBigMacDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyable Evening; the food was great but the service made the evening fantastic.Special Features:
- seafoodieDined on 7/3/2014This was the best meal I've had in years. Justin was our server. He was outstanding! The chef is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodDeetravelDined on 6/29/2014Everything was excellent. Wonderful service all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieQueenVIPDined on 6/29/2014My friends & I love this restaurant! The happy hour lasts all day long on Sunday! You can't beat the views, the prime rib sliders or the excellent service! Mango mojito is to die for! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience everLRDIIIVIPDined on 6/28/2014Table was not ready when we arrived. Waited at the bar for 30 minutes. Bartender was extremely rude. Ordered a bottle of wine, it was never opened. Carried the bottle to our table, waited over 5 minutes for a server to approach, never happened. After 45 minutes we left with our unopened ($95) bottle of wine. The following day I returned the unopened bottle of wine.Special Features: