Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
3000 N.E. 32nd Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (954) 561-4800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm & Sunday All Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Albers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasonal – check with restaurant for details.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks the magnificent Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the Chart House is a favorite of locals and tourists. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh food specialties such as macadamia crusted mahi to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, New Wave Surf & Turf and Mixed Seafood Grill. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)great for outdoor dining (73)special occasion (56)romantic (47)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Food was less then average!jfejcDined on 11/14/2014Food was less than average and it was expensive for what we got. Too bad, it is a great place for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!TheForeverTouristDined on 11/14/2014My girlfriends and I love happy hours, so I decided to try this particular restaurant, mainly because of the waterfront view. The happy hour menu was amazing, with great prices! Though it was too crowded for us to sit outside, we still had a decent time. The live music was a little too loud for us to talk. The also had a limited liquor selection. The bartenders were very friendly, but the server girls were very apathetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TouchHolenoneDined on 11/8/2014They had a special anniversary greeting for us printed at the top of our menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Host Brian was great. He was friendly and welcoming despite a busy crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the view hereannmarieVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food is always delicious and very fresh. Will always go back thereSpecial Features:
- Chart House Ft. LauderdaleSheilaeatsoutDined on 11/1/2014Lovely meals and very professional waiter. The menu is varied with a focus on seafood. The seared scallops were prepared well. The décor is modern and streamlined, feels a tad clinical. Other Chart House Restaurants have a warmer ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Fans for Years-No More!LynnHDined on 11/1/2014Host was rude and even though we had a reservation he took us to a table as far in the back and windy as possible. Tons of other non windy outdoor tables available but seated us inside and threw our menus at us. The manager (AJ) he said he was sorry and would make things right, but other than telling us he sent the host home, there was no gesture made to make us feel better. Even an offer would have been nice (and we would have declined). We would at least expect a free drink or something after being treated so horribly. We will never be back and WILL be telling all our friends and family as well. There are PLENTY of places to dine and we will be spending our money elsewhere from now on. Should have left. *Waiter (Leo) was good.
- Beautiful views good foodnonicknameDined on 11/1/2014We went for lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and had a great time . The food was excellent and Joe. Our server.was extremely accommodating. Will go back often and take friends and family.Special Features:
- great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014We have loved this location since it was Harrison's on the Water. Great sunsets. Food is typical Chart House fare. Our waiter, Justin, was excellent.Special Features:
- On the IntracoastalJazzybVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great restaurant on the water. We go here a lot for Happy Hour, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 10/27/2014Perfect evening for patio dining..such a view. We shared the seasonal flat bread appetizer. Dinners were dynamite grouper and the king salmon. Both were excellent.Special Features:
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/22/2014The food was good, when we got it. The waiter was either overworked, slow, or the restaurant did not have enough staff. Either way, lunch took 2 hours and we always had to ask someone else to get the waiter, bring us the bread, fill up the glasses, bring dessert, and the finally bill. He wasn't attentive. We just left the cash instead of charging it and I gave up using my reward card because I could not wait for him to process the paperwork. That was my loss, but ultimately it will be there's.
- Good food - Good serviceSFLJonnyDined on 10/18/2014Overall we were happy with the restaurant. We arrived early for our reservation and had a drink at the bar. We were seated after just a few minutes. it was a nice table right at the end of the dock with a great view of the water and all the boats passing by. We had ordered an appetizer of the Dynamite Scallops. For main course it was the Bronzed Swordfish and the Best of Shrimp. Dessert was Crème Brule. All was very tasty and the service was good as well. I will say that prices were on the higher side so I would not make this a regular place but for a special occasion or date night it works.Special Features:
- Outdoor gemlove2eatVIPDined on 10/18/2014Besides the food being delicious the outdoor dining was fabulous. My friend and I shared the butternut squash and kale salad which was delicious. We both had fish entrees and we're both happy with our selections. It's a great place to dine outside and watch the boats on the intercoastal. It's a little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st and last timeDarylVIPDined on 10/16/2014A beautiful vista of the intracoastal. The decor is tired and dated. There was a loud private group in the middle of the restaurant. We had difficulty hearing each other as the night progressed. The service was probably the worst I have ever encountered. The food was however quite good and good value for the dine around menu. Regular menu is expensive and service doesn't equate. Never to be repeatedSpecial Features:
- CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014A great place to celebrate special occasions....service was excellent and food was outstanding...Special Features:
- DisapointedsailfishDined on 10/10/2014Went for our anniversary. Nice atmosphere and good waiter. It was a no rush dining experience. My wife ordered a chicken dish which was OK. I ordered rare tuna steak which I had to send back. It was too thin and too overcooked. My replacement came right out which was a proper tuna steak cooked correctly. The wasabi mashed potato's were lumpy. Ordered some more Mojitos and were told they ran out of mint. This was early on a Friday night! I think for the price you pay you can do better elsewhere. We won't be going back.
- Hidden Gem of Ft. LauderdaleKaren2013Dined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and the service, food and ambience were perfect. I would love to return with a larger group. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a great time, the service was excellent and the spinach salad was it off sight. My fish was mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of waitstaff!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014Derrick our waiter kept telling us we couldn't order things when I have ordered it many times, for example I wanted a mango daiquiri and he said they don't have any. I said yes you do I have gotten it many times. I ordered something else and he said they didn't have and they indeed did!! What ever happened to accommodating the customer !!!!???? Waiters are total hits or misses. I adore Justin or William and want to stay for hours and enjoy myself and then there is Derrick or Will from NY who make the dining experience ever so unpleasant. I would highly recommend the place: food and ambiance is superb. But I would caution people of the waitstaff, shame on CH especially since their prices are higher than most places. One would expect more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarzelliDined on 10/4/2014We took two guests for a thank-you and had a wonderful time. The table outside was wonderful and the food superb. We received prompt, professional service throuhout dinner. We will be back. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I took my love here for his birthday and it was great. The food was fresh, flavorful and cooked very well. The ambiance was great and so romantic. We dined by the water and watched the yachts, smal boats and the water taxi float by. Our waiter was great! She was actually one of the best waiters I have ever had. This was an excellent choice!Special Features:
- A complete packageGGTQM1Dined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed everything and a table overlooking the Intercoastal and the Sunset made it perfect i'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningManagementVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food, service and evening was a great experience. Outstanding Prime Rib. We sat near the window overlooking ICW, fully recommend. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intercoastal Fine Diningtc57Dined on 9/17/2014Chart House proved to be a great choice for enjoying a fine dining experience on the intercoastal in Ft. Lauderdale. Outdoor seating was wonderful in the great evening weather, wine list very good, food for every course spot on. I enjoyed the Hemingway Snapper for my main course and it was wonderful. You can find more elegance, but we had a great time. A perfect fit for casual business dining.Special Features:
- Excellent foodSunmomDined on 9/17/2014We took business associates from out of town to Chart House and we were very happy with our choice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, everyone said the enjoyed their meal. Key Lime pie was outstanding. It was fun to watch the boats on the intracoastal.Special Features:
- ImpresssiveBooozeeeDined on 9/16/2014We celebrated a birthday here and we had a great dinner in a very nice outdoor atmosphere. The service was pleasant and the food all around was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeSueRVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were there both evenings this weekend and they do a wonderful job. Even with the heavy rain outside on Saturday, all worked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Too SlowmlletourDined on 9/12/2014Our food was great and when our waiter had time he treated us well but he must have had too many tables. He forgot to bring things he promised and the food was way too slow. We ordered drinks, oysters, salads, main course & dessert, coffee/after dinner drinks. All of it was great but there was way too much time between courses.Special Features:
- Sit OutsideMattsReviewsVIPDined on 9/11/2014Overall... the quality of the food was outstanding. We had Artichoke crostini dip for an appetizer, a new dish there that was great. Can't remember what my wife had but she loved it. I had the Parmesan crusted Snapper with fresh crab meat and a delicious butter sauce. Wine selection was decent...the typicals with some harder to find selections. Service was good but not great. Major issue was inside. Very musty. Smelled like Grandma's house. Had there not been outside seating we may have left. Outside seating was very nice. Great view of the intercoastal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food not so good serviceNYFoodieDined on 9/10/2014The food at the Charthouse was great, but service was not so good. Would not recommend dining here unless it's for a casual lunchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Ft. Lauderdale DiningLNLCDined on 9/8/2014We have dined at several Chart House locations and have never been disappointed ! We can now add the Ft. Lauderdale restaurant to the list. We were a small party for lunch celebrating a 90th birthday and were pleased that we chose the Chart House. The view is wonderful - food and wine very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- Seating issueMikeVIPDined on 9/7/2014Usually this is a great place to eat. I made a reservation for four people to celebrate my mom's 84th birthday with Sunday brunch. When we arrived it was too hot to sit on the patio and we were told that there was limited seating inside because of a large party. There were only a couple of people in the restaurant but they seated us at a back booth by the bathrooms. No big party showed up and when we left the dining room was virtually empty. The food and service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Great meal at SunsetSharptonAJ3Dined on 9/4/2014We had a great meal - great service and terrific food. Debbie - our server, thoroughly knew the menu and made great recommendations, all were phenomenal. We were treated to a great sunset across the ICW at the end of our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Intracoastal viewsJazzybVIPDined on 9/1/2014Happy Hour on the water is spectacular. Dinner is wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Nice waterfront view. The view of the water is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceSizziDined on 8/30/2014Food was good, but related to the price, I definetely expect a better service. Restaurant should urgently use more staff, not only one lady for so msny tables. Got my sauce 10 minutes later then my dish, glass of wine was forgotten at all.Special Features:
- Relaxing and tasty!prinsessDined on 8/30/2014This Chart House has kept standards high and is the best one my husband and I have ever dined in. It reminds us of the Chart House in Puerto Rico before it went downhill. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding at this Ft Lauderdale location. We will definitely make this our special occasion destination. Wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:
- Wonderful! Will be going back soonmojolovingDined on 8/29/2014Went there on 8/29 for our Anniversary made a reservation and stated it was our anniversary. They sat us at a very nice table outside with great view. They had a special message printed up on our menu which was a very nice touch. They have a large wine list and menu. We both had the prime rib which was very good and came with mashed potatoes. We ordered the lava cake which was good but we really didn't need it because the manager sent over a ice cream dessert for us with a candle in it.Special Features:
- Chart House Ft LauderdaleJepmapDined on 8/22/2014Surprisingly romantic location on intercoastal waterway. Great seafood selection, excellent preparation and pleasing presentation. Wait staff was very attentive and informative.Special Features: