Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
1100 Marina Point Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3862559022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm; Monday-Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
Located on the Halifax River, Chart House offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to our famous slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)special occasion (91)romantic (66)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Good food, great views, nice and attentive waitstaff- on the expensive side- spent 120.00 on 2 adults with no alcohol and no desserts...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMTdaytonaDined on 7/17/2014Servers were very attentive and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014The Chart House used the be the nicest restaurant in Daytona Beach. While the location and views are just as wonderful as before, the service and food quality have declined immensely. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed with balancing the two tables she had on this particular evening and I found myself almost doing her job (reminding her to bring a wine chiller, prompting her to take our orders for lava cakes in advance of dinner, etc.) Our fish was overcooked and dry. We each had different preparations and no one enjoyed their dinner, rather it was just edible. The lava cakes we ordered were dry and had very little "lava." Additionally, the cost of the dinner is absurd, with our tab minus alcohol, being over $150 for four people.
- Long time regular goneChartHouseDined on 7/13/2014Steaks completely burned and chard - potatoes microwaved or same result- shriveled and dried up --Green beans not cooked one minute- broccoli same NOT cooked at all - Salmon was great-- so one item on 4 dinners good- 1- out of sixteen items was good- complete failure- embarrassment to me and to you. It was so bad it was just funny- $ 150.00 thrown away-
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014The waiter was not attentive. We ordered the $50 king crab (which was too soft) and not given the proper tools to eat! I had to use scissors from my purse. He came to the table ONLY 3 times! We were three ladies, and it's a catch 22 when eating out. I know from experience that when women in a group are eating out, we are treated much different than when a man is present. I AM by far a much better tipper than my male friends, so what gives?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve's Birthday dinnerCharthouseDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to the Daytona Beach Chart House. The Chart House has been my favorite restaurants. We have been to several in HI, CT when they had them, and GA this one meets the standards we like, a little pricy but great food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visitSteveDined on 7/10/2014Excellent first visit. Good food and service. Will be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick service and seating.cacherDined on 7/8/2014Great view. Price high for size of lobster and prefer Maine lobster. Prime rib was cooked perfectly. Good place for special occasions.Special Features:
- It is a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014When we vacation in Daytona Beach we always visit The Chart House. The salmon and lava cake are a must!Special Features:
- It was fairNautiqueDined on 7/7/2014We have dined here twice before. The staff was very professional, the food was great and the view is superb. This time the staff seemed like they recruited them right out of high school. The food was fair. My wife's filet was too done and she said it tasted more like a pot roast. The manager came over and asked how everything was but by that time we were almost done and the waiter never checked back with us. The view is still terrific. We will probably not go back for a long time. There are too many good restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinnerDined on 7/4/2014I made reservations several weeks in advance for my boyfriends birthday.The hostess said Alexis will be seating you. We stood there for a few minutes and then some other girl came and sat us. There was a lot of open seating and we were sat next to a window filled with condensation right next to the handicap ramp and kitchen entrance. The ramp encompassed our seating space. We waited about 8 minutes before our waitress Alexis came to take our drink order. She seemed absent a lot. We placed our order and approached the salad bar, which looked unkept. There were food bits everywhere and dressing dripping everywhere. We spent $150 dollars on our dinner for food that would have been better served at Red Lobster for half the price.Special Features:
- Great for special ocassionPTL777Dined on 7/4/2014Great ambiance and service ! Salad bar is usually very good but pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014I expected it to be nice, and food to to be tasty and service good. It was and I would go backSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014The food was wonderful as was the view! A great place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other special occasionSpecial Features:
- Great food!countryoftexasDined on 6/27/2014Very nice place, friendly staff, great food. Would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor serviceGerRhoDined on 6/27/2014The food was ok, the service was ok. It was not what we were expecting. I get the same service and better food at the Outback Steakhouse. My steak was cold and my wife's appetizer was undercooked and the dough was mushy. The whole shrimp that was in the appetizer has pieces of shell still attached. We sent that back and expected a credit. That did not happen. I visit many restaurants, both medium priced and high end. This one did not meet my minimum expectations and we will not be back.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!1965Dined on 6/26/2014We were treated with a nice surprise when we saw wishes for a 49th anniversary and our names printed on the menu. After dinner the menu was tied with a ribbon and presented to us. Very nice touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningeveningtimeDined on 6/24/2014The food and service was outstanding. Nice to have a great meal without interruptions are loud noises. The food was served properly and as requested, the young lady that waited our table was knowledgable of the food and of the wine list, her recommendations were awesome. We have been to other Chart House Restaurants and this one in Daytona will match anyone of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUsiness DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2014We had 7 people for a small business dinner. Our waiter Gio was wonderful. The atmosphere and view is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeandEDDined on 6/21/2014The Food was delicious and the presentation was outstanding. My only complaint was the server. We drank an entire glass of wine waiting for the server to return and finally saw a floor manger and asked him. Someone else served our food and our waiter never returned to ask how was our dinner or did we need anything else until he brought our bill to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening well spent!!Caribbean72Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 21 wedding anniversary and decided on this location. From the hostess to our dessert it was a wonderful experience. We have had Chart House dining experience in the Virgin Islands years past so out expectations were high. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableSprtlvrDined on 6/19/2014Great spot, top 5 in Daytona, no doubt. Great ambiance with views of the intercostal and some wonderful menu selections -- fresh seafood or a filet, my usual go to. It is chart house to expect to large bill, but it's worth it for that special occasion or significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OveralGREEEAAAATDINNERDined on 6/15/2014In our opinion, CHARTHOUSE has gone on a down-hill spiral in quality, quantity and it's original overall qualitySpecial Features:
- nms123nms123Dined on 6/14/2014Prompt attentive service; My snapper was a little over cooked but tasty none the less with lump crab meat and sauce topping. Ample and fresh salad bar. Too full for dessert. I left my cell phone on the table and the staff found it, called me and held it for me until I could retrieve it the following day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningaldenDined on 6/14/2014We experienced an enjoyable evening celebrating our 49 anniversary with excellent service from our waiter. The view was relaxing and we were not rushed during our Dining. Food came from kitchen hot and in a reasonable amount of time between courses for conversation. The "Happy Hour" at the Lounge was enjoyable as we waited for our table. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Daytona BeachFairDined on 6/13/2014There was a time when the name Chart House meant something...I think those days have long passed...Sadly. Nice enough view (No Dana Point CA!) and fair at best atmosphere that reflects the local flatness of the economy. Our waitress was not big on smiles nor remedying issues (i.e. noticeably chipped martini glass that nicked my hubby's lip got a lukewarm "hmmm" and my medium-rare + NY strip that arrived well done - rec'd a free cheesecake, yet the manager who had been making the rounds to every other table earlier never stopped by, even though he stood not five feet from our table for most of the night. The noise at the salad bar / window to food prep area sounded like a short-order diner - and we heard all of the evening's orders. :-(Special Features:
- 30th Birthday for Nickemc59Dined on 6/10/2014Excellent meal and service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were extremely satisfied and will be back,Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVodayDined on 6/9/2014We ordered the Filet Mignon and it was the best steak I've ever had. This is a very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as upscale as hopedJandyDined on 6/9/2014Went to chart house to celebrate our anniversary, and was slightly disappointed in the casual attire of other guests..took away from the ambience...thought the place was a bit pricey for shorts and flip flops...food and service were excellent and really that's what is most important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired restaurant; mediocre at bestPickybutrealisticDined on 6/6/2014Ants on the outside table, filthy plastic placemats, mediocre food, great views, great service. We have been coming for over 30 years but no more. Once a great place but now a mere shadow of its former self. Needs a big overhaul. Definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- KAMODined on 6/4/2014Excellent food and portions. Very attentive staff and elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Date NightBroadmacDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I went for a night out before having our third baby and it was our first time here. We were greeted by a charming staff and loved the ambiance. The food is absolutely amazing! You must try to save room for their hot lava cake! I personally loved how our courses were spread out with the appropriate amount of time between each one as well! It was an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real dining experiencePilotDined on 5/31/2014Always a treat, great food and great service. Could not get a reservation except through OpenTable.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!KkayDined on 5/31/2014We loved our graduation celebration dinner with a wonderful view of the Halifax River! The dining experience was so relaxing and perfect for a larger group setting and great service. The food selections and quality were fitting for our celebration and I am already planning for a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceyprayDined on 5/30/2014The atmosphere was very nice! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were Happy. I had the stuffed talipia but was a little disappointed because the middle of the dish was very undercooked. The manager removed it from the bill no questions asked which I didn't expect. My husband was pleased with his Snapper dish. Overall it was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceMikeInClermontDined on 5/30/2014My wife ordered salmon from the fresh catch portion of the menu and said it was the best she ever tasted. I ordered the crab cakes and they were excellent. There was plenty of crab and the seasoning was very tasty. We shared a piece of Key Lime Pie but could not finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical FL Menu at Manhattan PricesFLORIDAADVOCATEDined on 5/28/2014Through my business I have the op to eat at great restaurants in 50 states. As a NYerr and a Foodie, I admit that I am jaded, however, I have eaten at some WONDERFUL finds in FL. Chart House was not one of them. Adequate but thoroughly unimaginative. It's not enough to provide a pretty view and well made food at $75 a head. You need to create special, exciting dishes for at least 50% of the menu. Cocoanut shrimp? Pan seared scallop? Fillet Mignon? Nice but SNORE! Service was very pretentious. The waitstaff asks repeatedly if Chef ___has prepared your _____ to your specifications. He should, because these dishes can be found anywhere. Take a trip to CATCH in MPD in NY. Copy the masters, then charge those prices.Special Features:
- Was looking forward to meal, was OKDixieCrackerVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food was great except for temp issues and having to ask for bread 3 times. But the service was very disconnected - not the level one would expect from nice seafood/steak restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised with the early dinner pricing - it was a great value. The salmon was delicious but the mash potatoes were room temp. We didn't see our server very much. She seemed to be working a section somewhere else. Will go back and try one more time, because we love this brand.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseBdaygal29Dined on 5/17/2014We were pleasantly surprised by this nice restaurant tucked away. Beautiful view and friendly staff. Only downside was staff seemed in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnerready2eatDined on 5/17/2014Encrusted grouper is always a winner. New appetizer - shrimp fritters - 4 relatively flat cakes with chopped shrimp and veggie topping. Each about 3 inch in diameter. I expected a fried dough ball but this was a deconstructed fritter and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.