Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
1100 Marina Point Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3862559022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm; Monday-Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
Located on the Halifax River, Chart House offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to our famous slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (118)special occasion (99)romantic (72)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Thou we made reservations in advance for 7p we did not get seated until 730p. We were able to wait in the bar until our table was available. Food was good but for the price we do have other 1st choices for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion DestinationNewSmyrnaNewbieDined on 8/15/2014We dined at the Chart House for a special birthday. It was our first time dining here, but we had several recommendations that were glowing. We had made reservation and arrived at 5:30 pm and were seated immediately with a water view. We ordered from the Early Diners menu - Crusted Salmon and Shrimp Scampi. Both were very good, the fish was cooked well and had a great sauce. The shrimp were fresh and the pasta cooked perfectly, the sauce could have used just a little more flavor. The salad bar is wonderful - many choices and the made to order Caesar Salad was tasty. We took the macadamia caramel cheesecake home for dessert. Michelle, our server, was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- ServicelauramaeDined on 8/11/2014We started in the lounge and Giovanni waited on us. He was fun and energetic. Perfect for a bartender! When we went in for dinner we had Addie -- very pleasant, very attentive. Timing of when she brought out each level of meal was great. The meal itself was superb! It's been a while since we've been in a Chart House and this experience was great! We were celebrating our anniversary and this was the perfect choice of a restaurant to have such a special evening.Special Features:
- Birthday for HimBday4HymnDined on 8/11/2014Four adults, two older and two younger ones, thoroughly talked and laughed over appetizers and drinks at the bar during happy hour. Afterwards our upstairs dining waitress served us with success from the beginning until the end. We were not her only table, yet she gave us attention from splitting our delicious caesar salad to bring mud pie after hearing it was "his" birthday. We were close, a little too to the salad bar so we saw the food being placed on trays for the servers and would like to comment that many visually pleasing plates went out. It was a minor distraction so I had to look to my right to see the gorgeous water and sky view from the nearby window. Our group left CH knowing that we will return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Landry's does it best33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This national chain is the best at preparing seafood, and the Chart House is just one of their many identities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 49th AnniversaryfortyninewinedineDined on 8/7/2014The food and service (Tom) were outstanding (especially the lava cake). Although we did not notice right away, the menu had printed on it "Happy 49th Annivesary ', we thought this was a great touch and we kept the menu as a souvenier. We will definitely keep the CH on out list of great places to go in Daytona Beach.Special Features:
- Never a letdownKathieDined on 8/6/2014As always, my experience exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed surf n turf, scallops and the shrimp trio. All were great. We also really enjoy the cheesecake-very creamy. The water view is always a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityPJBLTBDined on 8/5/2014We have been coming to the Daytona Chart House for many years to celebrate special occasions. It is our favorite restaurant. Perched on the intracoastal waterway in a marina, the dining room is built so that most every table has a beautiful view. Then the food comes! The food is prepared to perfection and the presentation is wonderful. The service is always professional. In an area where fast food and quick dining is prevalent, the Chart House provides high quality food in an elegant atmosphere and provides you with the time to enjoy the food, atmosphere and beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placefood2enjoyDined on 8/4/2014Chart House is a great place for dining, special occassions. The food is excellent and the service is exactly what one would expect from a classy facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost too efficientcanefanDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten there several times. As always, the food, service and ambience were top notch. In this case the service was arguably too good. We went immediately to the salad bar and less than 5 minutes after we returned our entrees were delivered! Since we had only eaten a bite or two of our salads we found ourselves eating off two plates. You don't want a lengthy wait for your entree but you don't want to be rushed either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions onlyExpensiveDined on 8/2/2014I was blown away by the service! The view is amazing... But for the price I was expecting an awesome meal. I was slightly disappointed. The appetitezer was great, the drinks are outstanding, my wife loved the shrimp scampi...but....I had the terayaki steak and it was perhaps the worst steak I have ever had...hands down. The price tag on my steak was nearly $30.00 and I had high hopes and it was bad. I ordered medium rare and got burnt to a crisp. I didn't send it back because I didn't want to wait for a new steak and then eat it by myself after the fact. The price tag for two people with a full course meal plus drinks will run $140.00 plus. This is a great place for a special occasion but there are far better places around daytona.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant in DaytonaSheHulk23Dined on 8/1/2014The food at Chart House is impeccable. You won't find better in Daytona Beach. The restaurant has a great view of the river and is perfect for a date night. I was just a tad bit disappointed this time around because we went there after our wedding ceremony, just the two of us. I made a note in the reservation about that. I thought we'd receive SOME kind of special treatment, even if it was just getting a table next to a window, but we didn't. Our waiter was even surprised that they didn't give us custom menus, which they apparently do for special occasions. We noticed a couple celebrating their anniversary at the table across from us, received them, as well as a window seat. But oh well I guess.Special Features:
- DisappointedcharlotteansDined on 8/1/2014Reserved way in advance for my mother's 80th birthday. Asked for a window view. We had a wait when we arrived of only a short time, but they jammed us in the corner near a handicapped machine. We had a window view, but it was not a nice location. When the food arrived, it was all very, very average. I had been to a Chart House about 15 years ago and had a great experience, so I was excited to go again. Obviously, it is all about the view and nothing about the food. That would be ok if we didn't have to spend $200 for 4! No appetizers or dessert either. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- Window SeatingKAMODined on 7/30/2014We asked for, and were placed at, a window seat for my dad's 76th birthday... regrettably, it wasn't one of the tables with a view of the river; rather, it looked upon the docks.. For an early evening supper, the sun was too intense and somewhat detracted from the overall experience. My wife had the New Wave Surf and Turf, and was disappointed in the beef ribs... she remarked that it tasted more like roast beef that had been marinated... baby back ribs might be a better option for that menu selection. The other menu selections were awesome! My dad particularly enjoyed the Lava Cake dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart has raised their pricesBaboDined on 7/26/2014Although the food was excellent as always, it was apparent to all in my party that the prices were higher Nd the portions were smaller. The place was packed, and has been so every time we have gone ( several times per year for over 15 years), so there seemed no obvious reason for the change. We we'd all a bit disappointed, but that is our only comaint. Otherwise, it was a great evening, as always.Special Features:
- KCLocalDined on 7/26/2014We dine at Chart House frequently. The food is always outstanding. The service this time was Ok - not to the standard it has been in the past but will still return and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Good food, great views, nice and attentive waitstaff- on the expensive side- spent 120.00 on 2 adults with no alcohol and no desserts...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMTdaytonaDined on 7/17/2014Servers were very attentive and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014The Chart House used the be the nicest restaurant in Daytona Beach. While the location and views are just as wonderful as before, the service and food quality have declined immensely. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed with balancing the two tables she had on this particular evening and I found myself almost doing her job (reminding her to bring a wine chiller, prompting her to take our orders for lava cakes in advance of dinner, etc.) Our fish was overcooked and dry. We each had different preparations and no one enjoyed their dinner, rather it was just edible. The lava cakes we ordered were dry and had very little "lava." Additionally, the cost of the dinner is absurd, with our tab minus alcohol, being over $150 for four people.
- Long time regular goneChartHouseDined on 7/13/2014Steaks completely burned and chard - potatoes microwaved or same result- shriveled and dried up --Green beans not cooked one minute- broccoli same NOT cooked at all - Salmon was great-- so one item on 4 dinners good- 1- out of sixteen items was good- complete failure- embarrassment to me and to you. It was so bad it was just funny- $ 150.00 thrown away-
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014The waiter was not attentive. We ordered the $50 king crab (which was too soft) and not given the proper tools to eat! I had to use scissors from my purse. He came to the table ONLY 3 times! We were three ladies, and it's a catch 22 when eating out. I know from experience that when women in a group are eating out, we are treated much different than when a man is present. I AM by far a much better tipper than my male friends, so what gives?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve's Birthday dinnerCharthouseDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to the Daytona Beach Chart House. The Chart House has been my favorite restaurants. We have been to several in HI, CT when they had them, and GA this one meets the standards we like, a little pricy but great food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visitSteveDined on 7/10/2014Excellent first visit. Good food and service. Will be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick service and seating.cacherDined on 7/8/2014Great view. Price high for size of lobster and prefer Maine lobster. Prime rib was cooked perfectly. Good place for special occasions.Special Features:
- It is a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014When we vacation in Daytona Beach we always visit The Chart House. The salmon and lava cake are a must!Special Features:
- It was fairNautiqueDined on 7/7/2014We have dined here twice before. The staff was very professional, the food was great and the view is superb. This time the staff seemed like they recruited them right out of high school. The food was fair. My wife's filet was too done and she said it tasted more like a pot roast. The manager came over and asked how everything was but by that time we were almost done and the waiter never checked back with us. The view is still terrific. We will probably not go back for a long time. There are too many good restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinnerDined on 7/4/2014I made reservations several weeks in advance for my boyfriends birthday.The hostess said Alexis will be seating you. We stood there for a few minutes and then some other girl came and sat us. There was a lot of open seating and we were sat next to a window filled with condensation right next to the handicap ramp and kitchen entrance. The ramp encompassed our seating space. We waited about 8 minutes before our waitress Alexis came to take our drink order. She seemed absent a lot. We placed our order and approached the salad bar, which looked unkept. There were food bits everywhere and dressing dripping everywhere. We spent $150 dollars on our dinner for food that would have been better served at Red Lobster for half the price.Special Features:
- Great for special ocassionPTL777Dined on 7/4/2014Great ambiance and service ! Salad bar is usually very good but pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014I expected it to be nice, and food to to be tasty and service good. It was and I would go backSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014The food was wonderful as was the view! A great place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other special occasionSpecial Features:
- Great food!countryoftexasDined on 6/27/2014Very nice place, friendly staff, great food. Would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor serviceGerRhoDined on 6/27/2014The food was ok, the service was ok. It was not what we were expecting. I get the same service and better food at the Outback Steakhouse. My steak was cold and my wife's appetizer was undercooked and the dough was mushy. The whole shrimp that was in the appetizer has pieces of shell still attached. We sent that back and expected a credit. That did not happen. I visit many restaurants, both medium priced and high end. This one did not meet my minimum expectations and we will not be back.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!1965Dined on 6/26/2014We were treated with a nice surprise when we saw wishes for a 49th anniversary and our names printed on the menu. After dinner the menu was tied with a ribbon and presented to us. Very nice touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningeveningtimeDined on 6/24/2014The food and service was outstanding. Nice to have a great meal without interruptions are loud noises. The food was served properly and as requested, the young lady that waited our table was knowledgable of the food and of the wine list, her recommendations were awesome. We have been to other Chart House Restaurants and this one in Daytona will match anyone of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUsiness DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2014We had 7 people for a small business dinner. Our waiter Gio was wonderful. The atmosphere and view is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeandEDDined on 6/21/2014The Food was delicious and the presentation was outstanding. My only complaint was the server. We drank an entire glass of wine waiting for the server to return and finally saw a floor manger and asked him. Someone else served our food and our waiter never returned to ask how was our dinner or did we need anything else until he brought our bill to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening well spent!!Caribbean72Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 21 wedding anniversary and decided on this location. From the hostess to our dessert it was a wonderful experience. We have had Chart House dining experience in the Virgin Islands years past so out expectations were high. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableSprtlvrDined on 6/19/2014Great spot, top 5 in Daytona, no doubt. Great ambiance with views of the intercostal and some wonderful menu selections -- fresh seafood or a filet, my usual go to. It is chart house to expect to large bill, but it's worth it for that special occasion or significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OveralGREEEAAAATDINNERDined on 6/15/2014In our opinion, CHARTHOUSE has gone on a down-hill spiral in quality, quantity and it's original overall qualitySpecial Features:
- nms123nms123Dined on 6/14/2014Prompt attentive service; My snapper was a little over cooked but tasty none the less with lump crab meat and sauce topping. Ample and fresh salad bar. Too full for dessert. I left my cell phone on the table and the staff found it, called me and held it for me until I could retrieve it the following day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.