Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
1100 Marina Point Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3862559022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm; Monday-Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
Located on the Halifax River, Chart House offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to our famous slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)special occasion (93)romantic (67)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great views- delicious Food!!RebelVIPDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Chart House. Good salad bar selection, super early bird menu that includes salad bar, and a beautiful setting. Don't miss it if in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLindaDined on 9/10/2014The Chart House in Daytona was absolutely the best find in fine dining I have found. Sophisticated , elegant and incredible water views. The menu had a wonderful array of fresh fish items that made deciding on one extremely hard. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDiner0042Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I moved to the Daytona area two years ago, and the Chart House is now our favorite restaurant. The service was similar to what we've experienced on cruise ships, but the food was even better.Special Features:
- OutstandingKatieDined on 9/6/2014Katie our waiter was outstanding. This was a special We were saying good buy to a close friend moving to Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Giovanni made great suggestions and provided excellent service throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W.A. SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We spent a wonderful evening on our W.A. (51) and really enjoyed the food, and the beautiful view. To make our event even more special the Restaurant actually had our names and event date, etc. printed on their menu which we were presented with when we left. A really great touch to a great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Love this Place!toppyDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoy coming to the Chart House Restaurant no matter which state I get to one. Daytona Beach has the excellent food and service I know to expect and the view is beautiful. I have recommended the Chart House to friends and co-workers and everyone who has gone has told me what a great recommendation it was. Go! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need ImprovementAugust312014Dined on 8/31/2014We come to Chart House in Daytona Beach for our wedding anniversary which is very special. Chart House make special menus, the reason why we come for this special occasion. Couple years ago, when we received our menus the date was a year behind. That menu was reprinted, nine months later, with additional greeting..."Happy Mother's Day". The next anniversary, we were already seated; hard rain came falling down. Dirt from the ceiling came pouring down. Server knew about it, but no manager came to visit' we later on asked to see one. The server moved us. This year, we were first taken to a table for six; they printed the menu..."Happy Anniversary"; so generic. Our dinner arrived five tables after. We were the first to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had made a reservation for our 34th wedding anniversary - picking just the right place to celebrate. We arrived a little early but were seated quickly. Then the whole experience fell apart. We were forgotten. No service for 25 minutes, no water, no bread, no smile, hello be right back, NOTHING. Everyone around us was having a great experience, lots of attention and food and drinks being served. I finally found the manager to thank him for ruining our special day and evening. He offered for compensate us with an appetizer but we left due to such a bad experience. The rating on the food is required, BUT WE DID NOT RECEIVE ANY FOOD!Special Features:
- Special Occasionlike2eatoutDined on 8/30/2014It was a dinner for our 46th anniversary. We go to the Chart house for this occasion, since we were here last the prices have gone up quite a bit. This restaurant is no longer somewhere we would go for just a night out. The service was good, but the waiter told us he would bring us fresh bread that we never got. The dinner was very good but for $36 a plate you would think that a trip to the salad bar would have been included; if I wanted that it was going to cost me another $8. Drink prices were a bit high also. Signature drinks were over $10. So we enjoyed our meal and although the view is great it will be a long time before we go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationKlrayDined on 8/27/2014Drinks and hors d'oeurves during Happy Hour on the patio. Perfect. Dinner upstairs and couldn't have been better. Excellent waiter, food was delicious and the menus had the birthday girl's name on them. One of the best evenings we have had at The Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONDININGKING1Dined on 8/27/2014GOOD STAFF, ATTENTION TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL WAS NOTEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Evening started out good, salad bar is plentiful and fresh. Appetizers were OK, then had too long of a wait for our food that was cool and overcooked. Restaurant was very busy. We did express our disappointment to the manager, Roger. I would not recommend Chart House nor waste the drive to Daytona.
- A pleasant experiencefoodieatheartDined on 8/19/2014Called restaurant, 'cause our event ended early and was made to believe that it wasn't problem. Thought they were going to accommodate the 5 of us. That wasn't so, ended up waiting 20 min. past our rsrv. time, an hour in all. Were seated at a table for 4 people, so it was cramped. Our waiter did a special congratulatory plate, w/o us making a request. Some food wasn't as described but was good and enjoyed. I am typically partial to restaurants that don't cater to children and I don't have to try to enjoy my meal with loud children in the background. So, the more expensive prices at the Chart House do not bother me. It is hard to find a restaurant in the Ormond, Daytona, NSB area that can match the caliber of this dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallCharthouseDined on 8/16/2014Thou we made reservations in advance for 7p we did not get seated until 730p. We were able to wait in the bar until our table was available. Food was good but for the price we do have other 1st choices for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion DestinationNewSmyrnaNewbieDined on 8/15/2014We dined at the Chart House for a special birthday. It was our first time dining here, but we had several recommendations that were glowing. We had made reservation and arrived at 5:30 pm and were seated immediately with a water view. We ordered from the Early Diners menu - Crusted Salmon and Shrimp Scampi. Both were very good, the fish was cooked well and had a great sauce. The shrimp were fresh and the pasta cooked perfectly, the sauce could have used just a little more flavor. The salad bar is wonderful - many choices and the made to order Caesar Salad was tasty. We took the macadamia caramel cheesecake home for dessert. Michelle, our server, was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- ServicelauramaeDined on 8/11/2014We started in the lounge and Giovanni waited on us. He was fun and energetic. Perfect for a bartender! When we went in for dinner we had Addie -- very pleasant, very attentive. Timing of when she brought out each level of meal was great. The meal itself was superb! It's been a while since we've been in a Chart House and this experience was great! We were celebrating our anniversary and this was the perfect choice of a restaurant to have such a special evening.Special Features:
- Birthday for HimBday4HymnDined on 8/11/2014Four adults, two older and two younger ones, thoroughly talked and laughed over appetizers and drinks at the bar during happy hour. Afterwards our upstairs dining waitress served us with success from the beginning until the end. We were not her only table, yet she gave us attention from splitting our delicious caesar salad to bring mud pie after hearing it was "his" birthday. We were close, a little too to the salad bar so we saw the food being placed on trays for the servers and would like to comment that many visually pleasing plates went out. It was a minor distraction so I had to look to my right to see the gorgeous water and sky view from the nearby window. Our group left CH knowing that we will return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Landry's does it best33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This national chain is the best at preparing seafood, and the Chart House is just one of their many identities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 49th AnniversaryfortyninewinedineDined on 8/7/2014The food and service (Tom) were outstanding (especially the lava cake). Although we did not notice right away, the menu had printed on it "Happy 49th Annivesary ', we thought this was a great touch and we kept the menu as a souvenier. We will definitely keep the CH on out list of great places to go in Daytona Beach.Special Features:
- Never a letdownKathieDined on 8/6/2014As always, my experience exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed surf n turf, scallops and the shrimp trio. All were great. We also really enjoy the cheesecake-very creamy. The water view is always a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityPJBLTBDined on 8/5/2014We have been coming to the Daytona Chart House for many years to celebrate special occasions. It is our favorite restaurant. Perched on the intracoastal waterway in a marina, the dining room is built so that most every table has a beautiful view. Then the food comes! The food is prepared to perfection and the presentation is wonderful. The service is always professional. In an area where fast food and quick dining is prevalent, the Chart House provides high quality food in an elegant atmosphere and provides you with the time to enjoy the food, atmosphere and beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placefood2enjoyDined on 8/4/2014Chart House is a great place for dining, special occassions. The food is excellent and the service is exactly what one would expect from a classy facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost too efficientcanefanDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten there several times. As always, the food, service and ambience were top notch. In this case the service was arguably too good. We went immediately to the salad bar and less than 5 minutes after we returned our entrees were delivered! Since we had only eaten a bite or two of our salads we found ourselves eating off two plates. You don't want a lengthy wait for your entree but you don't want to be rushed either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions onlyExpensiveDined on 8/2/2014I was blown away by the service! The view is amazing... But for the price I was expecting an awesome meal. I was slightly disappointed. The appetitezer was great, the drinks are outstanding, my wife loved the shrimp scampi...but....I had the terayaki steak and it was perhaps the worst steak I have ever had...hands down. The price tag on my steak was nearly $30.00 and I had high hopes and it was bad. I ordered medium rare and got burnt to a crisp. I didn't send it back because I didn't want to wait for a new steak and then eat it by myself after the fact. The price tag for two people with a full course meal plus drinks will run $140.00 plus. This is a great place for a special occasion but there are far better places around daytona.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant in DaytonaSheHulk23Dined on 8/1/2014The food at Chart House is impeccable. You won't find better in Daytona Beach. The restaurant has a great view of the river and is perfect for a date night. I was just a tad bit disappointed this time around because we went there after our wedding ceremony, just the two of us. I made a note in the reservation about that. I thought we'd receive SOME kind of special treatment, even if it was just getting a table next to a window, but we didn't. Our waiter was even surprised that they didn't give us custom menus, which they apparently do for special occasions. We noticed a couple celebrating their anniversary at the table across from us, received them, as well as a window seat. But oh well I guess.Special Features:
- DisappointedcharlotteansDined on 8/1/2014Reserved way in advance for my mother's 80th birthday. Asked for a window view. We had a wait when we arrived of only a short time, but they jammed us in the corner near a handicapped machine. We had a window view, but it was not a nice location. When the food arrived, it was all very, very average. I had been to a Chart House about 15 years ago and had a great experience, so I was excited to go again. Obviously, it is all about the view and nothing about the food. That would be ok if we didn't have to spend $200 for 4! No appetizers or dessert either. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- Window SeatingKAMODined on 7/30/2014We asked for, and were placed at, a window seat for my dad's 76th birthday... regrettably, it wasn't one of the tables with a view of the river; rather, it looked upon the docks.. For an early evening supper, the sun was too intense and somewhat detracted from the overall experience. My wife had the New Wave Surf and Turf, and was disappointed in the beef ribs... she remarked that it tasted more like roast beef that had been marinated... baby back ribs might be a better option for that menu selection. The other menu selections were awesome! My dad particularly enjoyed the Lava Cake dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart has raised their pricesBaboDined on 7/26/2014Although the food was excellent as always, it was apparent to all in my party that the prices were higher Nd the portions were smaller. The place was packed, and has been so every time we have gone ( several times per year for over 15 years), so there seemed no obvious reason for the change. We we'd all a bit disappointed, but that is our only comaint. Otherwise, it was a great evening, as always.Special Features:
- KCLocalDined on 7/26/2014We dine at Chart House frequently. The food is always outstanding. The service this time was Ok - not to the standard it has been in the past but will still return and recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Good food, great views, nice and attentive waitstaff- on the expensive side- spent 120.00 on 2 adults with no alcohol and no desserts...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMTdaytonaDined on 7/17/2014Servers were very attentive and food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014The Chart House used the be the nicest restaurant in Daytona Beach. While the location and views are just as wonderful as before, the service and food quality have declined immensely. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed with balancing the two tables she had on this particular evening and I found myself almost doing her job (reminding her to bring a wine chiller, prompting her to take our orders for lava cakes in advance of dinner, etc.) Our fish was overcooked and dry. We each had different preparations and no one enjoyed their dinner, rather it was just edible. The lava cakes we ordered were dry and had very little "lava." Additionally, the cost of the dinner is absurd, with our tab minus alcohol, being over $150 for four people.
- Long time regular goneChartHouseDined on 7/13/2014Steaks completely burned and chard - potatoes microwaved or same result- shriveled and dried up --Green beans not cooked one minute- broccoli same NOT cooked at all - Salmon was great-- so one item on 4 dinners good- 1- out of sixteen items was good- complete failure- embarrassment to me and to you. It was so bad it was just funny- $ 150.00 thrown away-
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014The waiter was not attentive. We ordered the $50 king crab (which was too soft) and not given the proper tools to eat! I had to use scissors from my purse. He came to the table ONLY 3 times! We were three ladies, and it's a catch 22 when eating out. I know from experience that when women in a group are eating out, we are treated much different than when a man is present. I AM by far a much better tipper than my male friends, so what gives?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve's Birthday dinnerCharthouseDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to the Daytona Beach Chart House. The Chart House has been my favorite restaurants. We have been to several in HI, CT when they had them, and GA this one meets the standards we like, a little pricy but great food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visitSteveDined on 7/10/2014Excellent first visit. Good food and service. Will be back and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick service and seating.cacherDined on 7/8/2014Great view. Price high for size of lobster and prefer Maine lobster. Prime rib was cooked perfectly. Good place for special occasions.Special Features:
- It is a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014When we vacation in Daytona Beach we always visit The Chart House. The salmon and lava cake are a must!Special Features:
- It was fairNautiqueDined on 7/7/2014We have dined here twice before. The staff was very professional, the food was great and the view is superb. This time the staff seemed like they recruited them right out of high school. The food was fair. My wife's filet was too done and she said it tasted more like a pot roast. The manager came over and asked how everything was but by that time we were almost done and the waiter never checked back with us. The view is still terrific. We will probably not go back for a long time. There are too many good restaurants in the area.Special Features: