Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
1100 Marina Point Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3862559022x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30pm-9:30pm; Monday-Thursday 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: John Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach
Located on the Halifax River, Chart House offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s easy to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish to our famous slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Daytona Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (85)romantic (64)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- ExcellentSNOWBIRDDined on 10/22/2014Our dining experience was great as always. Our waiter was attentive, the food was excellent, and we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- Chart House in Daytona BeachSCreekerDined on 10/20/2014Six of us had a terrific birthday celebration at the Chart House. They print Happy Birthday with the person's name on it--a nice touch! The food was really delicious and our waitress, Michelle, couldn't have been any better. Great evening all around.Special Features:
- ConeyDined on 10/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant for about 10 years. The service has always been acceptable with many times being exceptional. The attitude of all the employees has always been friendly and caring. The food is excellent. this is probably why we keep going back.Special Features:
- Chart House Daytona BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014The food is always excellent, fresh and well prepared by the chef. The service is excellent, and the view to the harbor and Halifax River is very pretty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badSunshineInTampaDined on 10/15/2014Very friendly hostess greeting. Food was pretty good. Very nice waiter.Special Features:
- Food connoisseiurOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We eat at Chart Houses in all parts of the country. This one might have the very best of food. What it lacks in anything else it makes up for in the taste of their cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected betterWLR3Dined on 10/12/2014Several people told me how great this place was for a date. After my visit, I cannot completely disagree. However, I must say I was expecting the food to be much better. I love to eat out, but unfortunately the NYsteak as well as the Mahi entrée were decent at best. I would not say that it was bad. My steak was cooked to the perfect temperature, but was very bland. I also ordered a side of blackened shrimp, which was actually great. The chocolate fudge cake was my least favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cteutyDined on 10/11/2014We visit Chart House every time we vacation in Daytona Beach, Florida. Every time has been enjoyable to us. The service is spot on and the friendly staff is also great to experience. The food is as magnificent as the view, the unique combination of dishes on the menu makes for a fun and enjoyable hunt for a challenging choice! Two words: Lava Cake...Special Features:
- Great Food and ViewFoodie4sureDined on 10/8/2014Second time dining here and once again, not disappointed at all. Great service, amazing view and delicious meal. Great spot to celebrate or to romance that special someone.Special Features:
- viewJacksbudDined on 10/5/2014Great view with great food excellent service, it never gets old !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait, they have a salad bar?JerrodDined on 10/4/2014Really cool space for a restaurant. Food was ok, nothing awesome, but nothing bad. I don't think they need a salad bar, they are a bit nicer than Golden Corral or your typical salad bar establishment.Special Features:
- luvchouseDined on 10/4/2014I have been a faithful patron of Chart House since the 70's in California. This is the first one I visited since leaving California in 2010. I was not disappointed. I will return.Special Features:
- ameadowsKCLocalDined on 10/1/2014This is a restaurant that never disappoints us. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- Great views... Great foodBlessed1Dined on 9/28/2014We had a great birthday celebration. The staff was wonderful and the food was fantastic. Truly satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEO - GREAT WAITERflyinguyDined on 9/25/2014Went there for my wife's birthday with total group of six. Even though I had requested a waterside table had to wait even though restaurant was not close to full. GEO was our waiter and could not have been more helpful in our timing of Early Bird. Allowed us to make our selections and did not rush us as we have been in the past. Early Bird is certainly the best value. Prices seem to be getting awfully high for the Daytona Beach area.Special Features:
- Recent Dining at chart houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Although the food was very good - the prices for entrees are outrageous, which probably is the reason why the place was pretty quiet for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great View and Good FoodHokieinFLDined on 9/20/2014The Chart House as always has a great view and their service is very good. The food is good but not great. It is a wonderful place for a an evening with people your care about.Special Features:
- Great views- delicious Food!!RebelVIPDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Chart House. Good salad bar selection, super early bird menu that includes salad bar, and a beautiful setting. Don't miss it if in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGracieDined on 9/17/2014Took my friend for a Happy birthday dinner. It was excellent from the salad to the dessert..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLindaDined on 9/10/2014The Chart House in Daytona was absolutely the best find in fine dining I have found. Sophisticated , elegant and incredible water views. The menu had a wonderful array of fresh fish items that made deciding on one extremely hard. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDiner0042Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I moved to the Daytona area two years ago, and the Chart House is now our favorite restaurant. The service was similar to what we've experienced on cruise ships, but the food was even better.Special Features:
- OutstandingKatieDined on 9/6/2014Katie our waiter was outstanding. This was a special We were saying good buy to a close friend moving to Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Giovanni made great suggestions and provided excellent service throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W.A. SpecialcelebrationDined on 9/1/2014We spent a wonderful evening on our W.A. (51) and really enjoyed the food, and the beautiful view. To make our event even more special the Restaurant actually had our names and event date, etc. printed on their menu which we were presented with when we left. A really great touch to a great evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Love this Place!toppyDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoy coming to the Chart House Restaurant no matter which state I get to one. Daytona Beach has the excellent food and service I know to expect and the view is beautiful. I have recommended the Chart House to friends and co-workers and everyone who has gone has told me what a great recommendation it was. Go! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need ImprovementAugust312014Dined on 8/31/2014We come to Chart House in Daytona Beach for our wedding anniversary which is very special. Chart House make special menus, the reason why we come for this special occasion. Couple years ago, when we received our menus the date was a year behind. That menu was reprinted, nine months later, with additional greeting..."Happy Mother's Day". The next anniversary, we were already seated; hard rain came falling down. Dirt from the ceiling came pouring down. Server knew about it, but no manager came to visit' we later on asked to see one. The server moved us. This year, we were first taken to a table for six; they printed the menu..."Happy Anniversary"; so generic. Our dinner arrived five tables after. We were the first to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had made a reservation for our 34th wedding anniversary - picking just the right place to celebrate. We arrived a little early but were seated quickly. Then the whole experience fell apart. We were forgotten. No service for 25 minutes, no water, no bread, no smile, hello be right back, NOTHING. Everyone around us was having a great experience, lots of attention and food and drinks being served. I finally found the manager to thank him for ruining our special day and evening. He offered for compensate us with an appetizer but we left due to such a bad experience. The rating on the food is required, BUT WE DID NOT RECEIVE ANY FOOD!Special Features:
- Special Occasionlike2eatoutDined on 8/30/2014It was a dinner for our 46th anniversary. We go to the Chart house for this occasion, since we were here last the prices have gone up quite a bit. This restaurant is no longer somewhere we would go for just a night out. The service was good, but the waiter told us he would bring us fresh bread that we never got. The dinner was very good but for $36 a plate you would think that a trip to the salad bar would have been included; if I wanted that it was going to cost me another $8. Drink prices were a bit high also. Signature drinks were over $10. So we enjoyed our meal and although the view is great it will be a long time before we go back.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationKlrayDined on 8/27/2014Drinks and hors d'oeurves during Happy Hour on the patio. Perfect. Dinner upstairs and couldn't have been better. Excellent waiter, food was delicious and the menus had the birthday girl's name on them. One of the best evenings we have had at The Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONDININGKING1Dined on 8/27/2014GOOD STAFF, ATTENTION TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL WAS NOTEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Evening started out good, salad bar is plentiful and fresh. Appetizers were OK, then had too long of a wait for our food that was cool and overcooked. Restaurant was very busy. We did express our disappointment to the manager, Roger. I would not recommend Chart House nor waste the drive to Daytona.
- A pleasant experiencefoodieatheartDined on 8/19/2014Called restaurant, 'cause our event ended early and was made to believe that it wasn't problem. Thought they were going to accommodate the 5 of us. That wasn't so, ended up waiting 20 min. past our rsrv. time, an hour in all. Were seated at a table for 4 people, so it was cramped. Our waiter did a special congratulatory plate, w/o us making a request. Some food wasn't as described but was good and enjoyed. I am typically partial to restaurants that don't cater to children and I don't have to try to enjoy my meal with loud children in the background. So, the more expensive prices at the Chart House do not bother me. It is hard to find a restaurant in the Ormond, Daytona, NSB area that can match the caliber of this dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallCharthouseDined on 8/16/2014Thou we made reservations in advance for 7p we did not get seated until 730p. We were able to wait in the bar until our table was available. Food was good but for the price we do have other 1st choices for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion DestinationNewSmyrnaNewbieDined on 8/15/2014We dined at the Chart House for a special birthday. It was our first time dining here, but we had several recommendations that were glowing. We had made reservation and arrived at 5:30 pm and were seated immediately with a water view. We ordered from the Early Diners menu - Crusted Salmon and Shrimp Scampi. Both were very good, the fish was cooked well and had a great sauce. The shrimp were fresh and the pasta cooked perfectly, the sauce could have used just a little more flavor. The salad bar is wonderful - many choices and the made to order Caesar Salad was tasty. We took the macadamia caramel cheesecake home for dessert. Michelle, our server, was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- ServicelauramaeDined on 8/11/2014We started in the lounge and Giovanni waited on us. He was fun and energetic. Perfect for a bartender! When we went in for dinner we had Addie -- very pleasant, very attentive. Timing of when she brought out each level of meal was great. The meal itself was superb! It's been a while since we've been in a Chart House and this experience was great! We were celebrating our anniversary and this was the perfect choice of a restaurant to have such a special evening.Special Features:
- Birthday for HimBday4HymnDined on 8/11/2014Four adults, two older and two younger ones, thoroughly talked and laughed over appetizers and drinks at the bar during happy hour. Afterwards our upstairs dining waitress served us with success from the beginning until the end. We were not her only table, yet she gave us attention from splitting our delicious caesar salad to bring mud pie after hearing it was "his" birthday. We were close, a little too to the salad bar so we saw the food being placed on trays for the servers and would like to comment that many visually pleasing plates went out. It was a minor distraction so I had to look to my right to see the gorgeous water and sky view from the nearby window. Our group left CH knowing that we will return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Landry's does it best33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This national chain is the best at preparing seafood, and the Chart House is just one of their many identities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 49th AnniversaryfortyninewinedineDined on 8/7/2014The food and service (Tom) were outstanding (especially the lava cake). Although we did not notice right away, the menu had printed on it "Happy 49th Annivesary ', we thought this was a great touch and we kept the menu as a souvenier. We will definitely keep the CH on out list of great places to go in Daytona Beach.Special Features:
- Never a letdownKathieDined on 8/6/2014As always, my experience exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed surf n turf, scallops and the shrimp trio. All were great. We also really enjoy the cheesecake-very creamy. The water view is always a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityPJBLTBDined on 8/5/2014We have been coming to the Daytona Chart House for many years to celebrate special occasions. It is our favorite restaurant. Perched on the intracoastal waterway in a marina, the dining room is built so that most every table has a beautiful view. Then the food comes! The food is prepared to perfection and the presentation is wonderful. The service is always professional. In an area where fast food and quick dining is prevalent, the Chart House provides high quality food in an elegant atmosphere and provides you with the time to enjoy the food, atmosphere and beautiful scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.