Chart House Restaurant - Cardiff
2588 South Coast Hwy 101
Cardiff, CA 92007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Cardiff
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7604364044x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm-10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gerado Nava
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Spectacular ocean views available for corporate meetings, breakfast, lunch & dinners. Beautiful receptions, rehearsal dinners & wedding ceremonies as well a tour groups, bar mitzvahs & any special event. The Chart House - Cardiff offers a semi-private lofted area seating up to 40 guests as well.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Fortner 7604364044x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Cardiff
You’ll have a front-row seat to catching waves & panoramic Southern California sunsets at this magnificent oceanfront Chart House located near San Diego. A modern and open decor makes the most of its location with windows that open the entire restaurant to its natural environment. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Don't miss out on our exceptional, yet affordable lunch menu available Monday-Saturday and a Sunday brunch you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Cardiff - Best Restaurants in Solana Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Cardiff reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (215)special occasion (162)romantic (130)great for lunch (59)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (45)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (17)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Beautiful views. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Adam was our server. Very friendly and perfect balance of attentive but not intrusive to our conversation. Blood orange salmon and lava cake are must-haves.Special Features:
- fitsthebillBVIPDined on 10/28/2014We rendezvoused with old friends from Sonoma who we're visiting relatives in Orange County. It was the perfect venue: incomparable SoCal beach, welcoming staff and a server who supportied our dallying for conversation the table after lunch?Special Features:
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014All the food tasted absolutely wonderful; we went in with high expectations and left IMPRESSED! The view was just spectacular (we got a window table), the lighting was romantic but not too dark, the noise level was quiet but not to the point where you feel like you can't talk and laugh with your company, and the staff were all very nice (AND new the menu very well, of course)! We had a wonderful time (local and visiting family members) and will most definitely want to go again (and again). :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vice PresidentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Table wasn't set up when seated. I had to move chairs around myself to accommodate our party. 6 place settings on the table when there were only 4 people. The hostess was completely uninterested. Had to ask twice to lower the blinds because sun was in our eyes. Very irritating and disappointing start to the meal. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome view but food lackingNMWhiteDined on 10/26/2014The view is amazing. The food, not so much. Menu is varied and "sounds" delish, but....ordered the Seafood Quiche and I have never tasted anything so terrible....fishy tasting and way over-cooked. Didn't want to send it back and spoil the meal for my guests. Our waiter was totally clueless as was the pretty hostess. We booked a reservation for a birthday occasion, there were birthday cards and small gifts on the table...and yet no acknowledgement from our waiter. Didn't even offer up a token dessert. Not a special occasion place.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationAZRanchBirdDined on 10/24/2014Right on the ocean. Incredible view. Had great choices of seafood. Shrimp cocktail was slightly over cooked. Service was very good. This was our third time at this location. Will go back again when in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarlDined on 10/22/2014We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary and the staff prepared a menu for us with our names and congratulations printed on it: a very nice touch. The food and service were exceptional not to mention the ocean view with sunset.Special Features:
- Sunset DiningRBIIIDined on 10/20/2014You can't beat the view, especially at sunset, and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- My Go-To for Special OccasionsLov2dineVIPDined on 10/20/2014Always reliably wonderful experience. Food is presented nicely and delicious. Great gluten-free menu with many choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfection....sunset with waves.sdbaywatchDined on 10/19/2014We literally had a great window table. I dont like the Landrys cardholder gimmick, not after dinner. Try some other way. All was great, except the cold coffee. I think it got nuked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanastic View and AmbienceFairGoDined on 10/19/2014Food was superb, beautifully prepared and great service. One of the best brunches I have ever had.Special Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerJanetDined on 10/18/2014Celebrating my 60th birthday at the Chart House was a memorable event! The food was outstanding, the view was stunning, and our waiter was attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Ocean View!GreatfoodDined on 10/17/2014What a magnificent Ocean View while dining at the Chart House! Valet parking was easy and affordable. The Hostess was very friendly. We sat at a window table where the sun became too hot on us, but the staff gladly lowered the shade and all was well! Wonderful place. We will come again.Special Features:
- HowardVIPDined on 10/16/2014Best beach view restaurant! Good for business lunch. Close to the train station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Service was Excellent. Will recomend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting!jnavDined on 10/13/20145 of us had a fabulous evening at Chart House in Cardiff, CA. We were seated by a window that was a sliding window that opened completely to the Pacific Ocean. it was a warm evening and the sunset was gorgeous. To top it off, the food was great too! We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We were greeted very cordially on arrival. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- great food, so-so serviceeatoutDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food, good portions, especially on salads. Slow and inattentive service; unable to accommodate requested window view, slow on delivering check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!OuchDined on 10/10/2014The ocean view is unbeatable...with the full moon, beautiful rolling waves and a soft gentle breeze rolling in thru the open windows, it could have been a night in paradise. However, as sophisticated looking the restaurant is, the service is untrained and amateur and the food unimpressive. Overall, overpriced and low value. I guess we pay for the view. It just doesn't stnat up to other Chart Houses that I have visited around the country.Special Features:
- 1firstDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter was very good. It did take a long time to get our drinks and food items. I don't know who's problem that was. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!DonnaDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter suggested the Bento box for lunch and we were not disappointed! Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsDebHDined on 10/7/2014The menu is on the expensive side, but the service, food and location are so great that it's worth it for those nights when you want to treat yourself. From the appetizers, soups, salad and main course through dessert, everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencedeputydawgDined on 10/5/2014We made a reservation for lunch on a Sunday. Our waiter was also the bartender(?) and he was busy making drinks instead of being attentive to our table. Food delivery was extremely slow. What should have been a 1 hour lunch took over 2 hours. I wont be going back.Special Features:
- What Ever Happened to Bus BoysTexanSassDined on 10/3/2014Our server was very inconsistent. Either over-checking on us at first, then utterly MIA later. Plus, why was he the one clearing the plates? There was a time in elegant restaurants when the waiters waited, and the bus boys cleared the tables. It really lowered the class of the dining experience.Special Features:
- SDRW ExperienceaDollyLlamaDined on 10/1/2014This was my first time here. The food was perfection, the service was impeccable & the vie was to die for! Everything exceeded my expectations. Brent was our server - he was EXCEPTIONAL. He was very clearly working very hard, I saw him serving several other tables, but we felt well-tended to nonetheless, & his demeanor was so cheerful. He really added to the experience.Special Features:
- Chart House CardiffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Good valet service. No long wait for your table. Excellent wine list. Normally during restaurant week at other places both regular and restaurant week are presented upfront. Both Host and Servers only presented the regular menu and did not disclose that a restaurant week menu was available. We had to request it and it was available. One party near us from Arizona was done and paid their bill and they did not know that a restaurant week menu was available. One party composed of tourist from Asia later arrived and sat nearby and again both Host and Server did not mention nor provided the restaurant week menu. Maybe I am old school but I believe in full disclosure.Special Features:
- SpectacularChaser17Dined on 9/28/2014We had the best experience at this restaurant. The service made you feel like royalty. They could not have done any better. The food was delicious, new and exciting. The wine was perfect and the Red Widow cocktail yummy. Now for the best part, a flawless view of the sunset from our table while we enjoyed a relaxing cocktail. We will return again very soon!Special Features:
- GBGinnyDined on 9/26/2014We went there for SDRW and was happy with the amount of food we received. However we were not happy with our seating arrangements. We asked (upon our arrival) if we could get a window seat and the hostess informed us that it would be over an hour wait, so we went ahead and took the table that was available. When we arrived at our table the section next to us was completely open (including a few tables right next to the window) and when I asked about sitting there, the hostess told me that they didn't have a server for that section and it would not be open until after 8pm. It was currently 6:00pm. Within 15 minutes, they began seating that entire area (including the window) and we were needless to say, disappointed. Bad service!Special Features:
- Always pleased at the Chart HouseAlanDined on 9/25/2014Always a pleasure to visit a Chart House. Can honestly say I have always been pleased with the food, atmosphere, and service in over 30 years of going to Chart House.Special Features:
- View of kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Made reservations for our anniversary and a asked for a window table. We arrived early, waited and were seated at a terrible table. It was looking straight into the kitchen.Special Features:
- GrahamDined on 9/23/2014Great location with views of ocean. Lunch was good value, good service and food. Can walk along beach afterwards.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Overall it was a nice experience, but the wait between courses was too long. We sat down a few minutes before 7 for a 6:30 reservation which was fine since it was Restaurant Week. The table was wonderful since it was as if you were sitting on the beach when they opened the windows. Obviously, it was crowded when we first sat down, but by the time we were finished most tables were empty. Too much time between courses and we didn't get one of the items (vegetable side) we had ordered. The bartender was VERY nice even with all he was having to juggle.Special Features:
- Rita HarperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I was in twice in the last 2 weeks...both times the service was less than expected for an upscale restaurant. I always enjoy the view. It took forever just to get our drinks(over 10 mins) from the time we ordered. There was a long wait in between courses as well. The waiter/waitress had to be asked more than once for items. Just felt the service really lackes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the serviceFoodnFunDined on 9/21/2014This is the 1st time eating here. The view is spectacular, but was disappointed in the service. We were seated and waited for about 10 min before someone came to ask about drinks. The lady who came said she was not our server, but was helping out for drinks, and our server would be there shortly. We waited another 10 min, but no drinks, so we had to ask one of the service personnel to find our server. She finally showed up about 5 min later with drinks and took our orders. The food arrived about 20 min after that, but one of the dishes was prepared incorrectly and had to be taken back to the kitchen. Our server never stopped at the table to see how things were going. Just not a good experience. The food was OK, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- restaurant week dinermeiserDined on 9/21/2014We try to frequent a different restaurant every restaurant week. The Chart House certainly has a lovely view & a nice ambiance. However, it is part of the Landry chain of restaurants & we felt that the food was not the best we have had. It has that corporate dining feel if you know what I mean. We have certainly had better food elsewhere.Special Features:
- TravelingDined on 9/20/2014Great location, right on the beach and perfect for watching the sunset with a delicious cocktail. Food is very good, though a tad on the expensive side. Our server, Adam, was exceptional. We really enjoyed our meal and the Chart House is a solid, consistent performer.Special Features:
- Wow!ChoosyDiner7Dined on 9/20/2014Exquisite food, Wonderful view, Friendly servers, Resonable price... We'll be back to our favorite San Diego restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointedaamster1Dined on 9/19/2014Bad attuitude from the Bartender. Never greeted me, Very rude and sarcastic.Special Features:
- 1 Year AnniversarythumbsupDined on 9/19/2014Great place for a date. Beautiful views and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightAmeegoDined on 9/18/2014I had res for 630, with window table....we were 15 min late...called ahead...they had the table ready...position A. Thanks for making it a perfect night...Server Dave was on it. all night...very impressed.Special Features: