Chart House Restaurant - Boston
60 Long Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 6172271576x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am - 3pm. Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 3pm - 11pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Bercume
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Boston
An incredible landmark location on Boston’s Long Wharf, Chart House is situated in the Gardiner Building – the restored 18th-century offices of American Patriot John Hancock. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & Whole Maine Lobster. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Pato Dining at its finest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)scenic view (98)romantic (84)great for outdoor dining (70)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (33)hot spot (20)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Always a great place for friendsMitziDined on 10/18/2014I am never disappointed at Chat House. We went there with another couple, and they really enjoyed the building, and the food. I had the Chillean Sea Bass with cranberries and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceEconRonDined on 10/18/2014WE had not been to the Chart House for several years and we went on Saturday night.We had drinks in the bar area first, very nice.. busy, but got waited on promptly. Good list of drinks and cocktails. Then the four of us had a nice dinner in the main dining room. We all had prime rib, excellent and cooked as we wanted. The sides were great too!Special Features:
- Not as expectedBillVIPDined on 10/15/2014While the Chart House is well known for good food and service, we were somewhat disappointed. The server was likely the problem. First we noticed that all of the tables around us had bread provided and we had to ask for some. Then when the food arrived the potatoes were cool and while the meat was good, it was just warm.Special Features:
- What I'd expectItsajoytodineVIPDined on 10/15/2014The Charthouse Boston is in a charming location on Long Wharf. The ambience, food, and beverages are what I'd expect, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceLonecatDined on 10/14/2014Food was excellent and service including valet parking was over the topSpecial Features:
- SecretUndoneDined on 10/14/2014Food was excellent and the Kale and Butternut squash salad was super. We are light eaters and shared the surf and turf entree between myself and my date. Still I was a little disappointed that the "surf" was a serving of just two scallops. The braised beef was perfect however and, otherwise the ambiance and views are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsJohnDined on 10/11/2014Had 7:30 reservations. Arrived at 7:15. Did not get a table until 8:20. Did see two couples get upset and leave. Didn't really matter to us because we were enjoying our time in the bar. Would have been upset if we were really hungry, or had somewhere else to be. Service was great at the bar even though the bartenders were slammed due to a large wedding party. Our waiter was excellent, and the food was outstanding. We have been to Chart Houses all over the country, even some that no longer exist (St. Croix). Still our favorite restaurant. Please consider opening one in Nashville Tennessee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday ChoiceMorganGVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went for my grandpa's birthday and they made us feel special since mentioned in reservation! Had table and separate menu and treat for us. The ChartHouse has definitely stepped up in going beyond the basic food with some of their entrees but that being make you check out the entrees if you are picky in how you like your fish cooked. If you are willing to try something new, go for it! Everyone at my table left full and pleased. Service was great, wine was great and my ahi tuna was cooked PERFECTLY!Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencebrcasDined on 10/11/2014We showed up early for our reservation and were seated with no hassle at all. Our waiter (Dennis) was fantastic and we totally enjoyed ourselves on a busy weekend. Great food and the old building was awesome.Special Features:
- Very Nice MealStringbeanDined on 10/9/2014This was my second visit to Charthouse Long Wharf, and my wife and I enjoyed our meal. A lively, energetic place in a wonderful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio dining with a viewCherVIPDined on 10/9/2014Loved the view, lobster bisque, gazpacho, and ahi tuna. Great people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston's BestOffthechartsDined on 10/8/2014Enjoyed this place, the food, the service and getting the best seat in the house on the second floor. Everything was great and nothing could have been better.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendNettDined on 10/6/2014The service was great. The food was fantastic. There is an large list of chardonnay and wine to choose from. We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Chart House and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great food. Very pricey. Super for a special night.Special Features:
- allbizVIPDined on 10/6/2014Service was excellent as was the food. We were there for lunch and were on our way back to the office in just over an hour, with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceTheFoodyDined on 10/4/2014Despite excellent service by front of house the server was very poor with no hello, welcome or good-byes. I've been welcomed and felt more appreciated by restaurant staff at fast-food chains.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food!foodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food was awesome, service good and I will be returning next time I'm in Boston!
- always love the Chart HousejazzyDined on 10/1/2014We love the Chart House for its food and views. The food was wonderful. Very surprised to find they did not have a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 9/27/2014Food was terrible. go and loved it. Had chowder and mussels. Chowder tasted like they dumped a salt shaker in it and mussels had no taste at all. Sauce they were in was salt water. Will never go back
- DisappointingIggypopDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations but they were still running an HOUR or more late in seating customers with reservations. Unacceptable. We wound up having to eat at the bar so we could eat before 10PM. The food was not hot but at least it was tasty. It made me reluctant to try it again. Most restaurants would have given patrons some kind of gratuity for the excesive wait like free drinks or desserts but we weren't offered anything!Special Features:
- Special placerunwithitDined on 9/27/2014We were in town to visit our college student for Parent's Weekend. He chose the spot based on recommendations from friends. We arrived a little late and were told that they were behind with reservations. The front of the house staff seemed very harried and somewhat unorganized and maybe were understaffed. We were ushered to the bar for a drink while we waited and ended up sitting outside in a nice courtyard area. The weather was gorgeous so this was very comfortable. My martini was perfect. We were concerned the chaos might be representative of the meal but that was not the case. The tables and atmosphere were very comfortable, our food was excellent, and our server superb despite being very busy. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Bittersweet feelingsDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Food was incredible and delicious, as always. The waitor- Tony, was incredible and exceeded excellent service. However, I made reservations at 7:30 and was not seated until 8:45. The hostess was not honest about the wait, and did not even provide an option to cancel the reservations. In addition, the floor manager for the night, did not offer anything until we had already paid and were literally walking out of the restaurant. The restaurant and atmosphere is amazing and worth dining for, but management needs to provide better training to the host/ess, who should have provided a realistic, honest timeframe for the wait. This 1 hour and 15 minute wait, made the whole experience less than what it had potential to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, but service was not. Although the restaurant wasn't busy, 30 min passed between our arrival for a reservation and seating. More than an hour went by before our first round of drinks and appetizers arrived; two hours until our entrees came out. The restaurant was not busy. I've typically been very happy at this location. This was a very disappointing experience - not to mention I had indicated this was a birthday occasion.
- So so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Server brought wrong entrées twice and slow in getting drink order. Overall just ok, nothing to wow about.Special Features:
- ❤️RTaylorDined on 9/25/2014Great place, our server was excellent (I can't remember her name, she's from Bulgaria-- absolutely fantastic) and accommodating. Can't ask for a neater building. Pricey, but you know that before you come here. Wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chart HouseDarla4hlDined on 9/24/2014Great atmosphere, great food, and great wait staff all make this restaurant a great experience! I highly recommend this restaurant if you are planning a trip to Boston or just want a great place to enjoy with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CH BostonSEGUINDined on 9/21/2014Really enjoyed the Fire Cucumber Martini, Cucumber Vodka with a rim of Salt Cayenne and Lime Zest! Very RefreshingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch50thcelebrationDined on 9/21/2014We asked for a table with a view, but the windows are high so you really can't see much of the harbor unless you sit outside. The rolls, which we were told needed to be baked, were cold and stale the first time...second request were yummy and warm. The online menu said they served brunch on Sunday and we were looking forward to steak and eggs, lobster omelets, etc. however when we arrived the waitress told us they never served brunch on Sundays and the menu was different than what was shown online. Overall, the food was delicious and special cocktails were tasty and a good size, especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outacarDined on 9/20/2014great spot to celebrate a special occasion, the food was excellent and the wait staff was first class.Special Features:
- Great food but had to wait.APlanteDined on 9/20/2014Despite making a reservation, we waited at least a half hour before we were seated, maybe even longer. The hostess apologized and said a manager would come by our table, but no one did. The food was fantastic, but not sure I'd go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Awsome atmosphere and great foodfunwithfriendsDined on 9/20/2014We decided to celebrate here our Wedding Anniversary with a group of friends. Very pleased with our decision. The food and atmosphere was just perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Everything was wonderful. Especially the birthday touches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappygalHappygalDined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I were there for a romantic dinner and to say our dining experience was wonderful is an understatement. The hostess put us at a window table in a corner. Jason our server was extremely attentive, esp when I told him about my mango allergy. The ahi tuna app was one of the best we have had, and the baked shrimp and salmon entrees melted in your mouth. The Bogle sauvignon blanc was a perfect wine for dinner.For couples looking for that "special atmosphere" this is the place. We will definitely come back for another romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmike492Dined on 9/19/2014Service and food were excellent. Obnoxious customer at the bar before dinner was the only downside, but that's not the restaurants fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedProduceGalDined on 9/17/2014It is too bad that our experience with the food here was so poor because the location and view are great. Crab stuffed mushrooms were so fishy, neither me or my clients would eat them. Our guests barely ate their meals and asked for more bread. Not a great place to take clients or a family that are seeking quality food and a memorable experience in Boston.
- Beautiful & delicious!LisaTVIPDined on 9/16/2014We dined at Chart House recently with an out-of-town guest and had delicious dinners. The spinach and chopped salads were huge, fresh, with great flavor. The fish and scallops were equally fresh and tasty. The ambiance was lovely with exposed brick, beams, and interesting artwork and great light. We were disappointed that there wasn't the harbor view that we expected, although the overall experience was solid.
- Chart House FlagshipOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014For a chain the food was good to very good. Service slow at lunch, but dinner was okay. Although I did eat very early. Very noisy. I was by myself and they put me by two large groups. Ambience not good. Disappointed. They had a another floor that they could have placed me onSpecial Features:
- pradeepDined on 9/12/2014your waiter makes a difference and your impression of the restaurant. I know this from zillion visits over years and this was no different. Wish it was a good waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/11/2014We were rushed out because a party of 90 people was coming soon ! I think in such a case the restaurant should be closed except for the party instead of disappointing other customers. Also, compared to the Cart House Philadelphia, there is no view our from that one. After my memorable experience at the Chart House Philadelphia recently, the contrast was chocking. Bottom line, I'll never go back to the Chart House Boston
- Business Dinner Appropriateslong1009Dined on 9/11/2014Being a local this is a nice place to take a customer or business associate. The location is great but the food is just okay. I feel like you can find many other options with better food but may be lacking the view/atmosphere.Special Features: