Chart House Restaurant - Boston
60 Long Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 6172271576x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat & Sun 11am - 3pm. Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 3pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 3pm - 11pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Bercume
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Boston
An incredible landmark location on Boston’s Long Wharf, Chart House is situated in the Gardiner Building – the restored 18th-century offices of American Patriot John Hancock. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & Whole Maine Lobster. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Pato Dining at its finest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chart House Restaurant - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)scenic view (139)romantic (97)great for outdoor dining (89)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (38)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (19)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)Show More
- Unbelievably good foodPeteDined on 8/25/2014This is the 2nd time I had been here. We came this time for restaurant week, and the food was incredible. The lobster-stuffed scrod was top 5 dishes I've ever eaten. I would absolutely come here again.Special Features:
- Great food, not so good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014She dropped water on a friend's bag and didn't apologize, starting picking up completed plate as some of our guest was still eating, served coffee before picking up the table (our forth guest just completed his dinner). We had a very loud table beside us which also made the experience less than enjoyable. It was a table of eight people with 4 kids. The kids kept on screaming and banging their forks and spoons. It was really excessive. It’s a shame as the food was really good (I had Salmon whereas my friend’s had the surf and turf). The desert (lava cake) is a must and can easily be shared between four people. I would consider twice before returning here.Special Features:
- Just bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We had a reservation at 845, and weren't seated until 940. Then the waiter ignored us but was able check on the other tables around us. When we were final permitted to order it was almost 10. We ordered two glasses of wine, which were forgotten. I had to remind the waiter and finally received the wine after our starters had been finished. Our meal arrived and the food was ok but could not overpower the bad taste in my mouth from the experience. The diners next to us did not even receive the appetizers they ordered. They were offered a free dessert, they didn't want, to make up for it. Similarly we were given wine to make up for the inconvenience of being an hour behind schedule. This was inadequate and unwanted. Don't waste your money!Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Had open table reservation for 8:15, told it would be 20 minutes late, waited for 45 minutes and left,
- Not geat for business dinnerBusinessDinerDined on 8/23/2014Took out some important clients. Chose Chart House based on reputation. Immediately got the impression if was more.of a casual restaurant. Server was slow. Didn't have the wine we wanted and wasn't willing to work with us on price for our second choice. Didn't have the lobster I ordered. Forgot to take my client's order and was flippant about it after we pointed it out. Service was slow overall. I actually met someone at a bar today who told me they had the same exact experience taking clients there as well the same night I was there. We won't be coming back....and I never write reviews. Felt compelled on this one.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food, service, and staff excellent. Great food, good times, and great memories for my cousins Birthday dinner. I was very pleased with everything and thank you to the manager who came over personally to make sure we were ok.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great meal and great service . Managed a gluten allergy very well. Food was fabulous and even better than expected. The prime rib was so tender you didn't even need a knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outPajocoLocoDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time dining at The Chart House. I can definitely say it wont be my last. The food was outstanding and my wife and I very much enjoyed the history lesson on the building we received from our server Bill. We ordered the creamed spinach off of his reccomendation and were very happy with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Double DateBen14Dined on 8/22/2014Ate dinner here on double date for "Dine Out Boston" and had a wonderful time. Service was attentive and quick but not rushed. Did not have the first wine we asked for off of the list but not a big deal, but was suggested another and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 8/22/2014great food with very good service in a historical building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MzdaryleDined on 8/21/2014We went during restaurant week and the service was exceptional even though they were busy. Food was tremendous. We had prime rib and lobster stuffed scrod. Wonderful. Would go back in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Overpriced. $40 entree and didn't even get a salad. Steak was overdone and tough. Fish was underdone. Service was not poor but barely there. They wouldn't accommodate simple substitution requests from their own menu either. For the price, I'm sure you could find better dining elsewhere in Boston.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner!!Boston1Dined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our 15th Anniversary and it was memorable. The service was excellent thanks to ED WHITE. Jerry Wyenot, Mgr. also stopped by our table to greet us. The food was simply divine, and the complimentary cake to celebrate our anniversary was a lovely surprise.Special Features:
- Great location - great foodYum56Dined on 8/20/2014When we are in Boston we always come to The Chart House. Both the building and the location are incredible. The food is always good. The clam chowder was the best my husband had all week. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and found the offerings to be delicious with very ample servings. Great food for a great price. I only wish they had white napkins (instead of black) because I had on white pants.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekBostonlunchesDined on 8/19/2014Had lunch for 4 during restaurant week. Sat outside on their patio on a beautiful late summer day. Food was good but had a hankering for a nice piece of fish....did not have it on the restaurant week limited menu. All of us had different entrees from chicken to shrimp and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksSteveDined on 8/18/2014thanks for a great night of good food and service. My out of town guests were very impressed with the location and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningJetBostonDined on 8/17/2014Elegant dinning room, great service and delicious food. Sampled the restaurant week menu and was pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I arrived on time for our 7:30 pm reservation, and were told by the hostess that they were running 20 mins behind schedule. Well, we did not end up getting seated until 8:40 pm. They explained something about a large group that stayed later than expected, but to me that is just a sign of extremely poor management. We had made reservations for a special occasion weeks in advance, and waiting over an hour for a table kind of ruined the night. Once we sat down, the service was fine, and the food was decent. However, there are too many nice reservations in Boston to ever give this one another chance.
- Too tired and hungry to enjoy.ExperiencingFoodDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 7:15pm for dinner reservations at 7:30pm. They didn't handle a large party well and further took too many reservations so we didn't get seated until 8:35pm. There was no place to wait other than being crammed standing around with everyone else who was waiting. Our waitress seemed inexperienced. It was quite loud so my husband and I had a hard time talking to each other without raised voices. Maybe it was because everyone was competing over the loud music. I enjoyed the coconut crusty shrimp appetizer and my husband enjoyed the mussels appetizer. He was very please with his teriyaki steak but do yourself a favor and skip the new wave surf and turf. What got me through was the two Moscato Sangrias.Special Features:
- Disapointed reservationSGQuincyDined on 8/16/2014I have always had great luck with open table but in this case we were seated an hour and fifteen minutes late which made it hard for our late night plans. Even though we are a Laundry Select Club member we didn't even get an apology from the Manager, hostess or waiter. Waiter never asked us for wine or drinks, served one guest the wrong salad, water glasses remained empty and then we had to flag him down for desert menu and he put the bill down before the deserts.Special Features:
- Great location, but food was SubparLoachDined on 8/15/2014Such a shame. The hostess was rude - we had requested a quiet table away from the kitchen and entrance - and she said something about if someone else comes first, then they may not be able to accommodate. We were there standing right in front of her (early for our reservation). Beautiful location, great building, but the food was not very good. It was overwhelmed with sauce that overshadowed the natural flavors, and probably the healthiness, of the fish we ordered. The restaurant is sitting right on the water; when I asked our waiter about local, fresh fish and seafood, seemed dumbfounded. The majority of the fish was not locally caught. Red flag.Special Features:
- Excellent food & Excellent ServiceCulinary1234Dined on 8/10/2014We made a reservation on open table, but when we got there they didn't have it. The hostess was great, apologized and sat us immediately. Our waitress was SUPER and extremely accommodating. It was our anniversry and she provided us with a wonderful dessert at no charge. Steaks were perfect...everything was yummy!Special Features:
- Food and Service was very poorPhilVIPDined on 8/10/2014A steak cooked medium rare with mashed potato side and coconut shrimp with rice side took 45 min to be served. Once served, the steak was burnt on the outside, the rice was terrible and the mashed potatoes had a hard crust around them as if they sat under a heat lamp for an extended period of time. The restaurant wasn't crowded by any means, so really no reason for food to take so long. Waiters service was poor too. Came to the table to take drink and food order, then didn't come back again until food was served. Where as I reccomend the Chart House in Philadelphia and Annapolis, I do not reccomned the Chart House in Boston.
- Family Get-togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a delightful (small) family reunion late lunch. The service was attentive but allowed for our privacy. Menu was broad enough to address individual needs/wants: one wanted beef, another seafood, another a sandwich, and the fourth person required gluten free choices. We only wished we had space for dessert. Highly recommended and definitely a high option for our reunion next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lanierprincessVIPDined on 8/9/2014Convenient location next to Long Wharf. We had a wonderful waitess which made the experience great. Neat building.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Six diners, all enjoyed their drinks, apps, entrees, sides and desserts! Ate outside, beautiful view.Special Features:
- DisappointedMainerDined on 8/8/2014I was disappointed especially in the food presentation. My coconut shrimp was served on a black plate that was rimmed with 4 greasy fingerprints. Plates should not be served with thumbs or fingers inside the rim, but this was truly bad. There was also a piece of food stuck to the plate that was not from the current service. I noticed that later after I had eaten some of the entree. The coconut shrimp was over-done but tasty.Special Features:
- Thank youmxyztplkDined on 8/8/2014Our server was excellent. Great food! Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastica cenaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014No gusto todo, cominos la cola de langosta, fue excepcional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an outside lunch44danversDined on 8/1/2014We went here for lunch on a nice summer afternoon. The area is busy with lots of boat action which was great entertainment while eating. Food was good and service was friendly. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014I recently went to the Chart House to celebrate my birthday. Most of the food was pretty good. The calamari app was decent, the stuffed clams were tasty. The steaks and swordfish were cooked right and well seasoned. We got a bad lobster, however, and they took it back. When they returned the lobster, it had the wrong side. When we told our server, they brought the wrong side again. The experience was most disappointing because of service. It was evident that the restaurant does not train its staff well. We had to ask multiple times for lobster crackers and steak knives from multiple staff, and our food was cold by the time we were able to eat. While all of the tables around us received bread, we had to ask, and it still took quite a while.Special Features:
- Music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014The restaurant is too loud because of the speakers and the music. It's disconcerting and makes eating there uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceAPJPDined on 7/27/2014Reservation time was adhered to, the server was pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable of the menu, and the food was expertly prepared and presented. We both loved the chopped salad. The teriyaki sirloin was cooked as ordered and the herb-crusted salmon was fresh. Both were very tasty. Portions were not skimpy. The meal was upscale in price, but well worth it. Quite an enjoyable dining experience. Will return again. Would recommend the Chart House to anyone looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Last Minute Change of PlanWildeTableDined on 7/27/2014I had to change our reservation from 2pm to 11am and from two to three and the answer to my request was, "We'll be ready to accommodate you when you arrive." The artwork on the walls was entrancing and the music playing was delightful. Our service was truly knowledgeable and well-timed. We started with a clam chowder, a lobster bisque, and a gazpacho which were all surpassing others we had elsewhere. Two of us had the lobster stuffing scrod and other was the scrod fish sandwich. The stuffing might have had more lobster in it but I can never get enough of it. And for dessert we shared the hot chocolate lava cake with coffee, all of which was superb for us first-timers. Be sure to request Bill as your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but slow on ServiceCashmirDined on 7/26/2014The first visit on 7/24 , I went with some friends from out of town and expected to show them a good time with great service but the service was VERY slow however the food was delicious as always (sat outside the patio for 20mnts and I went to tell the manager on site but he only said to me that someone would be there didn't really care about my concern). Then on 7/26, I went with my wife, Valet service was very slow although there weren't a line with cars, I was the only car in line waiting. Then inside, we asked to seat outside and was told to wait 30-40mnts although we had a reservation so we ended up seating inside where the food took forever to come out but again, it was delicious and worth the wait.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014Had a reservation on Saturday evening for 7:30 PM, but, did not get seated until 8:15 PM. The manager did come by and apologize for the delay and gave us a free appetizer. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKateDined on 7/26/2014The Chart House is an excellent dining experience. Great food, professional staff, and a lovely interior (outdoor seating is available). I would highly recommend this restaurant!! Excellent location, right on the waterfront!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014our first time here. we were very pleased with the staff - menu items - and the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blah...veazierxDined on 7/22/2014We had appetizers and cocktails, the CH specialty - avocado, crab, shrimp was missing something; oysters I have had better, coconut shrimp was okay the best one we got - East meets West. There are so many great restaurants that this one was just okay, nothing to write home about. We sat outside where I think they could make this area a bit prettier and more comfortable. I always wanted to go here, but now I know I will not go back...
- Excellent food and service!SuzyDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, the service was top notch and the atmosphere and views were fabulous!Special Features: