Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4102687166x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm , Sunday: 10am - 9pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm; Happy Hour Sunday - Friday in Lounge 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacasse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (280)special occasion (221)romantic (135)good for groups (101)great for brunch (87)fit for foodies (78)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (44)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (9)Show More
- Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone was great except for the hostess stand. They were a little rude and unorganized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's CommentsMike1Dined on 9/13/2014We were given the best window table with the finest view. Hostess was very friendly and happy to give us that table for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart house AnnapolisLovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was delicious. Were there for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. From the appetizers, cocktails, salads and entrees, everything was delicious. Took dessert home as no room while there. They travelled well and tasted just as good as if we ate them at the restaurant. Our waiter, joe, was fantastic, very personable and friendly. Great recommendations. View was beautiful. Especially since the sun came out at sunset. Perfect timing to compliment a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationtotalletdownDined on 9/11/2014I'd been to Chart House in Boston and I loved it so when I was planning my birthday stay in Annapolis and found there was a Chart House there I was super excited. However, the experience at Chart House in Annapolis was so disappointing. The restaurant had a handful of people dining the evening I was there and that pretty much tells a story. I ordered salmon which wasn't cooked. I sent it back. The chef cooked me another piece of salmon and that was over cooked. I ended up eating nothing!Special Features:
- Good ExperiencewernersDined on 9/9/2014The food was good although not as good as other CH's I've been to. Sevice quick and friendly. Noise level was fairly high. We ate in the more scenic bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodZachDined on 9/7/2014The scenery was amazing looking out onto the water as the sun set. The food was great and the waiter was very respectful and attentive. It was very quiet, almost a little too quiet but great that I didnt have to shout across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Had not been there for years. Good to see it is still worth the drive up to Annapolis. Lovely to watch the sunset ftom front room. Good seafood and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillDowntownDinerDined on 9/5/2014I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. I tooky daughter to dinner to celebrate her first week of kindergarten. We were on time for our reservation but waited 45 minutes. The hostess issued a brief apology when we were seated. My crab cakes had tons of filler and one of them had a huge smoosh/indentation on it. I only saw 3 pieces of lump backfin per crab cake--I was really surprised because I've always had excellent meals here. For $30 crab cakes, I expected better. As someone who has worked in restaurants, it takes a lot for me to complain or send food back, so I didn't say anything, but I was really let down. Our server was excellent, however, and my daughter had fun at a "grown up" dinner, despite the sub-par nature of the food.Special Features:
- What I expectedsolracDined on 9/5/2014The menu provided variety for the diner to chose from, the featured fishes of the day are a nice option. As far as overall food, the vegetables and rice are not fresh, meaning they appear to be of the frozen type and the rice was almost box like. I will say the fish, I had the swordfish blackened, was seasoned and cooked to perfection. My guest had salmon, which was a little on the over cooked side, which really takes away from what salmon should tasted like. For the prices they charge, the whole meal should be prepared like the fish to justifiy the cost. Mostly you are paying for the view and the fish, the rest is average. Would I return, yes, but it is not on my "must go back to" list.Special Features:
- disappointingDietzDined on 9/5/2014We were visiting Annapolis for the first time and were hoping to find a place on the water that offered enough variety of menu for the members of our group. The view and staff were fantastic, but the food was disappointing, bland, and not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Table with a viewAllTheFoodThatsFitToEatDined on 9/3/2014We dined at the Chart House knowing it would not disappoint as. We've been to other CH properties in other locations. We opted to wait for a table by the waterfront to open up and sat down just as sun was setting. Food did not disappoint. The ahi with wasabi mashed potato was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJPandLauraDined on 9/3/2014Food was wonderful as always and Lindsey was a wonderful serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Have been a few times over the years. Can't beat the location. View from bar area is spectacular. View from main restaurant is good if you are near a window. Food is very good but seems like it is getting pricey. $9 extra for the salad bar with an entree purchase is way too much.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermsdc01Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went there for our 2nd anniversary and we were pleased with the service and the food. I ordered a whole lobster and noticed it took extremely long for our meal to arrive. Once the waitress came and explained that the cook wasn't happy with how the lobster turned out and decided to cook another one, we were happy that he went the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction and we were comped for one appetizer. The lobster was good but the claw meat was a bit soggy, too soft. My husband ate the stuffed shrimp and loved it. We will definitely go there again. Thanks Chart House for the special service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeannapolisDined on 8/31/2014We have been to Chart House several times and have always had a great experience. Definitely expensive but overall worth it. Great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh17thBirthdayDined on 8/31/2014We sat in the "water front" area which is the lounge and we hovered around a dirty table for about 10 min. I went and asked the hostess to send over a busers and she said just stand there and they will be "right over". Our appetizer took a while, it came with burnt toast not the correct bread. I ordered a Cesar salad which was $8.50 it was not dressed properly and had pre-made croutons. My son got the prime rib he loved it. We asked for the reminder to be wrapped up. We had ordered the hot lava cake, which is why we selected this restaurant. We got it and it was over cooked there was no "lava". We asked for the check and the left over prime rib, (which we believe he had thrown out as it was a bigger piece. Very disappointing overall.
- Dinner42Dined on 8/31/2014The Chart House is an icon in Annapolis. It typifies the waterfront and dining experience and gives the new comer a small taste of what Annapolis is all about. It may not have the best food in Annapolis but it sure does have the best location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond excellent!DebbiDined on 8/31/2014Love the food, atmosphere and the staff on all levels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticGrtvDined on 8/31/2014Definitely coming back for Sunday brunch. Service and food were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch!Trident1Dined on 8/31/2014$25 Brunch with $.99 mimosas, what a treat. Awesome Brunch specialities and a large buffet! They made special menu's to commemorate our Birthday celebration, first class!Special Features:
- As always never disappoints!FionaDined on 8/30/2014Great view, friendly knowledgable service, very good food, cheerful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was a birthday gift for a good friend, after a great scenic sail on the Schooner Woodwind, beautiful view, great food, and especially good service. Liz did a fabulous job. We had a table on the window in the bar area and truly enjoyed being surrounded by great views of the water and the sailing ambiance of Annapolis!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Great time but with a party of 12 we could of used a second waiter/waitress or at least a helper. Our waiter was great but struggled to keep the drinks fullSpecial Features:
- Must go toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The chart house was fantastic very friendly. Tables were nicely spaced. We were a table of nine. We had a table with a view, the server was awesome..everyone lived there meals. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!ComingbackformoreDined on 8/28/2014This was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend and he was quite overwhelmed with the service and the scenic view. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!MidMom2012Dined on 8/24/2014This is not our first visit to the Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis and it will not be the last!! The setting is beautiful! The ambiance elegant! The food OUTSTANDING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchNew2TownVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wife and I went there for Sunday brunch, and were not disappointed. Food was great, and service was outstanding! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Was BetterMDFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014Our first visit to Chart House Annapolis was in March 2014 for my birthday celebration and it was awesome. My husband and I both had the Macadamia Encrusted Mahi Mahi and it was the best fish entrée we had ever had. We were disappointed this time for my husband's birthday to learn they had replaced the Mahi with a different fish. Waiter said they could not get the Mahi this time of year, which is odd. But I hope they will bring back the Mahi Mahi for this signature dish. It really did change our food experience as I thought this new fish was a bit fishy tasting.Special Features:
- Courteous service and fine foodwmschmitzDined on 8/22/2014Very pleasant experience, multiple staff interactions were all a perfect blend of proper and friendly. Food was wonderfully prepared and flavors were superbly balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisleadLove2TravelVIPDined on 8/21/2014Following a day of travel to Annapolis, my significant other and I were looking forward to a relaxing evening on the water at Chart House. We made our reservations for 9:30pm, please note that the system indicated that tables were available at this time and the website indicated that the restaurant was serving until 10pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant at our reserved time of 9:30pm we were not greeted by a hostess, in fact we were not greeted by anyone at all and immediately took notice that the restaurant was near empty. We chose to seat ourselves in the bar area were immediately told by the waitress that the kitchen was no longer open but we could purchase a drink. We informed her that we had a reservation, no explanation was given.
- Celebration Destinationjg23Dined on 8/20/2014Dinner at Chart House was perfect for enjoying dinner in a quiet setting with a beautiful view. The scallops were delicious - mild, yet flavorful. The steak sliders are appetizers, but could easily be an entree. The server was attentive and checked in appropriately. I would recommend Chart House for celebrating any special occasion or to enjoy the company of others in a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaMDDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and exceptional service! What more could you ask for! We loved the Chart House Brunch and hope to return very soon!Special Features:
- JamesDined on 8/17/2014Six of us enjoyed brunch this past Sunday. The food and service was great and we would definitely do this again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Never disappoints! Brunch was delicious and we really enjoyed the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and 5 year old took me out for my Birthday dinner......and all I can say is "wow"! The crab/mango stack appetizer is a MUST try! I had the Snapper Hemingway and my wife had the cedar plank chimichurri shrimp - both were delicious! The waitresses were so accommodating to my very energetic 5 year old son - thank you Chart House. We'll be back again soon!!Special Features:
- Lovely Anniversary DinnerTDS0816Dined on 8/16/2014Had not been to The Chart House in a LONG time and decided to go for our wedding anniversary. It was a FANTASTIC meal. My husband got a shrimp cocktail for his appetizer and I got Cream of Crab Soup. Both were excellent. The cocktail sauce was very tangy with a great horseradish bite and the soup was rich and full of crab meat. My husband got the crab stuffed shrimp and filet medallions for his entree and I got the parmesan crusted red snapper. Both were amazing. The Snapper was so sweet and succulent and my husband's filet was very tender. For dessert we got the Smith Island Cake and it was magnificent. Overall it was an amazing meal with wonderful wait staff and a relaxing and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceferrellsDined on 8/15/2014Our server recommended a special that wasn't on the menu and it was excellent as well as the wine selection. Overall great dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent happy hourHard2pleaseDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our visit at Chart House. I must suggest that you take a look at the Happy Hour menu for appetizers and drinks. The prices and food is just great. You can simply do that and skip dinner or lunch. Since it was our first time there we didn't know this but we noticed way too late that that's what most people do. Great appetizers at a very reasonable price. I had the stuffed shrimps with crab and it was delicious and very generous size.Special Features:
- JoanieDined on 8/14/2014The table we were seated was near the bathroom and setup station. The restaurant had plenty of empty tables. Complained to manager but did not seem to care. He did take the glasses of wine from our bill. Feel he could of offered to move us but did not. Also told him we were there to celebrate our anniversary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Our food was room temp when we got it. Our server didn't ask if anyone needed drink refills. We will not go back to The Chart House in Annapolis.