Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (410) 268-7166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm , Sunday: 10am - 9pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm; Happy Hour Sunday - Friday in Lounge 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacasse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (108)romantic (63)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (49)great for brunch (34)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (19)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- foodlouiseDined on 11/21/2014for the price, nothing particularly special about quality or presentation of food broccalie was of frozen quality and was only luke warm mahi fish lukewarm and dry at edges dessert was the best....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restauarant is undergoing major remodelingFLopezVIPDined on 11/16/2014As a result of the remodeling, there is less searing, the tables are very close together and the amazing salad bar is gone until March. Until then at least, this seemed more like "Chart House Lite." We did not know this when we made the reservation for this old favorite and will probably wait until the remodel is done to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was not good and the service was slow.oldfanDined on 11/16/2014We do not plan to return despite many previous good experiences there.
- LvteoVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food came to our table luke warm, although taste was fine, disappointed due to the temperature. Manager comp'd us a dessert.
- Neat spotWAHAndyDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a late birthday dinner. The restaurant was busy; glad we had reservations through Open Table. The food was good, however the restaurant was very crowded. I'm told they they are missing half their space and are going to be complete with their new dining room in the spring. We will go back on a special occasion with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Made a reservation but still had to wait 40 minutes. We were told we were getting a window table but that did not happen. Very frustrating. Views and food good. But having to wait 40 minutes when we made a reservation starts the evening off bad especially on a birthday celebration. Wouldn't return for That reason. Plenty of other good restaurants in annapolis.Special Features:
- Disappointed123Dined on 11/14/2014Dissapointment. Upon arrival was told our reservation for a large party special event was for a different time. Even after having to prove to the host that we had an email and voicemail from thes restaurant confirming our reservation time, was rudely told it wasn't their mistake. Once finally seated, took over an hour to order and even longer to receive our cold dishes. Bad night overall for a celebration.Special Features:
- Love.700di3Dined on 11/13/2014Love chart house, a little concerned that only 1 waiter appeared to be servicing the entire restaurant, but hey food was excellent, service was okay. Would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner...carolieDined on 11/11/2014We had reservations for a special birthday dinner, and were quickly shown to our waterview table. The service was impeccable, and the food perfect! Our son said the scallops were the best he'd ever had. Desserts were absolutely amazing! My Key Lime Pie was, hands down, the best I've had. Everything made for a very delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableCorinthiaDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I was celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. The restaurant has a pleasant feel, beautiful scenery, and romantic. We enjoyed the food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededlumberjackDined on 11/8/2014Great place to have a delicious meal. Crab avocado mango stack is a must for an appetizer and their menu selections make it hard to come to a decision quickly. Prime rib was cooked perfectly and thanks to our waiter Omar, who was awesome, added a delicious crab crake which perfected the meal. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We made a reservation for 730 and was not seated until 815 due to on going renovations. 4 other couples affected 2 of which it was there anniversary. If open table is going to take e mail and phone number, the restaurant and open table need to notify customers of potential delay especially knowing in this case that Chart House Annapolis is undergoing major renovation. Use the tech to the customers advantage!!Special Features:
- Chart House in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014The restaurant is currently undergoing major renovations, so all dining is restricted to the bar area. Despite the figurative dust and tight quarters, we had a lovely time. Service was good, food was excellent, and the waitstaff was unfazed by my toddler's messy ways. The restaurant printed custom menus for my husband's birthday, which was a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first brunch at Chart HouseKirkinMDVIPDined on 10/19/2014We've been going to the Chart House for dinner for years, but never for brunch. It's going thru a re-modeling now, so the brunch was server in the bar, but that was fine, as the view is great! The food was very good (lots of Egg Benedicts). Service, unfortunately, wasn't quite up to the evening level of service; not bad, but not great.Special Features:
- time4dinnertime4dinnerDined on 10/12/2014The staff are very attentive but not overbearing, the food is always great and the scenic view is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagepasserbyDined on 10/10/2014Wasn't impressed overall. Food was adequate but overpriced and service was a bit slow.
- Dining on the Annapolis HarborUtilityconsultantVIPDined on 10/10/2014A better Chesapeake Bay harbor scene might not be available- this property sits on the water with beautiful water views that are off the chart....Hostess was ready for our on time/7pm dinner reservation. Seared tuna & surf and turf were exceptional- after a healthy round of hot crab dip. Waitress Phyllis was smiling, friendly and attentive- a restaurant we'll return to and a great place if you only have one or two dinners in town.Special Features:
- Very well prepared foodWonderfulDined on 10/10/2014Have dined here many times and the food and service has been well above standard.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerRadmanDined on 10/10/2014The Mrs. and I made the trip from Gaithersburg, MD to Annapolis for our anniversary dinner. The hostess greeted us and promptly seated us near the water. Our waitress was perfect, the meal was over the top, as expected and our window table gave us an up close view of the Annapolis Boat Show activities. The manager came over to our table thanked us for choosing the Chart House and apologized for the renovations in progress. Truthfully, we did not notice any disruption. He invited us to return when the renovations were completed. We assured him that we would be back much sooner than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expectedRBKLDined on 10/4/2014We hadn't been to the Chart House in a long time. It was Yom Kippur and we wanted to break the fast with a great meal. It was good but not great. My wife ordered a prime rib and it was mostly fat. Others we saw looked great so it might have just been hers. The crab tater tots were great and our server couldn't have been better. When we pay that much we don't want fat. There was a very large group around us and they were exceptionally loud and actively moving from table to table. Hard to enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The special treatment for our anniversary was a special bonusSpecial Features:
- Return EngagementLongbowDined on 10/3/2014We had eaten there before with friends and said the next time we were in town that we would return. The food and service were outstanding and just as we remembered it.Special Features:
- Disappointedlbc3Dined on 10/3/2014We had been looking forward to a special dinner out. Service was not good, waiter kept disappearing. He sold us on one of the specials which sounded terrific and came back 10 minutes later to say they were out of it. Food was ok, but not outstanding. Next time we'll go somewhere else for dinner and have drinks in the Chart House lounge.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our mother's 70th birthday at the Chart House recently and everything was wonderful. The food was outstanding! We had 9 people present and each of us tremendously enjoyed our appetizers, soup and entree. I will definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent!BDayMomDined on 9/27/2014Great Menu! It’s hard to decide what to order. You will not be disappointed with the service. ambiance or quality of food.Special Features:
- ServerMikeVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our server Will was ok, not great Food, atmosphere and view is always great here.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Beautiful view overlooking the Annapolis waterfront. Waitress was exceptional and the entire staff was very professional. The dinner presentation was great and the meals cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- JewellDined on 9/27/2014The food and service was wonderful!! Wish I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be great food gooddisappointedDined on 9/25/2014they informed opentable that I did not dine there on 9/25/2014 when I was there on time & there until it closed. They told me Saturday 9/26 there was no reservation made for 9/26/2014 for which I had confirmation via e-mail. I hope I received credit from opentable for 9/26 since we were there on time and did dine there. When I spoke with the manager shawn about these issues he didn't really care and stated they have no contact with opentable or answer to opentable. Food has always been good (we've been going since 2006) but will not return, to many managerial problems.Special Features:
- Just ok.BeernutrDined on 9/25/2014The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated, the waiter was knowledgeable, food was slow, tasty and expensive. A little too traditional for my tastes.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodFoody1237Dined on 9/23/2014Ordered broiled shrimp stuffed with crab. Shrimp was tough and stuffing was mostly breading. Very disappointing. Had better at red lobster for half the price.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent view of the harbor and sunset. Good waiter. The food, however was well below expectations, especially at the price charged. The grilled rockfish was over cooked, dry and unflavorful. It was served with broccoli and rice that resembled cafeteria food. The "Dynamite barramundi" was covered in too much spicy sauce that hid the appearance and flavor of the fish, and served with the same pyramid of rice. We have had good experiences at Chart House restaurants elsewhere but this was a disappointment.
- Awesome place to go serene scenery!Luv2eatDined on 9/21/2014Great place to eat very romantic. The food and the service is always awesome. Not to mention the great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good - Service WeakslmcneiceDined on 9/20/2014The Chart House in Annapolis is always a consistent 'above average' performer in the food department. But the last 2 or 3 times there, the service has been really uneven. This last visit was a case in point: my husband and I attended with out-of-town guests, and we're embarrassed by the little annoyances that were totally avoidable: missing seafood fork, missed drink order, and the like. They are well advised to tighten up the training. I really don't want to see the manager come by with his perfunctory apologies; that's equally annoying. If they could just get the service right, the rest would take care of itself.Special Features:
- Still a Fun Outing!TheaterFoodieDined on 9/15/2014Not actually "outdoor dining," but with a wraparound view of the Annapolis harbor, it's the next best thing! Service great, food great, no parking problemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone was great except for the hostess stand. They were a little rude and unorganized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's CommentsMike1Dined on 9/13/2014We were given the best window table with the finest view. Hostess was very friendly and happy to give us that table for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart house AnnapolisLovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was delicious. Were there for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. From the appetizers, cocktails, salads and entrees, everything was delicious. Took dessert home as no room while there. They travelled well and tasted just as good as if we ate them at the restaurant. Our waiter, joe, was fantastic, very personable and friendly. Great recommendations. View was beautiful. Especially since the sun came out at sunset. Perfect timing to compliment a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationtotalletdownDined on 9/11/2014I'd been to Chart House in Boston and I loved it so when I was planning my birthday stay in Annapolis and found there was a Chart House there I was super excited. However, the experience at Chart House in Annapolis was so disappointing. The restaurant had a handful of people dining the evening I was there and that pretty much tells a story. I ordered salmon which wasn't cooked. I sent it back. The chef cooked me another piece of salmon and that was over cooked. I ended up eating nothing!Special Features:
- Good ExperiencewernersDined on 9/9/2014The food was good although not as good as other CH's I've been to. Sevice quick and friendly. Noise level was fairly high. We ate in the more scenic bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.