Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4102687166x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm , Sunday: 10am - 9pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm; Happy Hour Sunday - Friday in Lounge 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacasse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
340 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (286)special occasion (235)romantic (143)good for groups (109)great for brunch (99)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (49)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (11)Show More
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This is not our first visit to the Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis and it will not be the last!! The setting is beautiful! The ambiance elegant! The food OUTSTANDING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchNew2TownVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wife and I went there for Sunday brunch, and were not disappointed. Food was great, and service was outstanding! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Was BetterMDFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014Our first visit to Chart House Annapolis was in March 2014 for my birthday celebration and it was awesome. My husband and I both had the Macadamia Encrusted Mahi Mahi and it was the best fish entrée we had ever had. We were disappointed this time for my husband's birthday to learn they had replaced the Mahi with a different fish. Waiter said they could not get the Mahi this time of year, which is odd. But I hope they will bring back the Mahi Mahi for this signature dish. It really did change our food experience as I thought this new fish was a bit fishy tasting.Special Features:
- Courteous service and fine foodwmschmitzDined on 8/22/2014Very pleasant experience, multiple staff interactions were all a perfect blend of proper and friendly. Food was wonderfully prepared and flavors were superbly balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisleadLove2TravelVIPDined on 8/21/2014Following a day of travel to Annapolis, my significant other and I were looking forward to a relaxing evening on the water at Chart House. We made our reservations for 9:30pm, please note that the system indicated that tables were available at this time and the website indicated that the restaurant was serving until 10pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant at our reserved time of 9:30pm we were not greeted by a hostess, in fact we were not greeted by anyone at all and immediately took notice that the restaurant was near empty. We chose to seat ourselves in the bar area were immediately told by the waitress that the kitchen was no longer open but we could purchase a drink. We informed her that we had a reservation, no explanation was given.
- Celebration Destinationjg23Dined on 8/20/2014Dinner at Chart House was perfect for enjoying dinner in a quiet setting with a beautiful view. The scallops were delicious - mild, yet flavorful. The steak sliders are appetizers, but could easily be an entree. The server was attentive and checked in appropriately. I would recommend Chart House for celebrating any special occasion or to enjoy the company of others in a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaMDDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and exceptional service! What more could you ask for! We loved the Chart House Brunch and hope to return very soon!Special Features:
- JamesDined on 8/17/2014Six of us enjoyed brunch this past Sunday. The food and service was great and we would definitely do this again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Never disappoints! Brunch was delicious and we really enjoyed the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and 5 year old took me out for my Birthday dinner......and all I can say is "wow"! The crab/mango stack appetizer is a MUST try! I had the Snapper Hemingway and my wife had the cedar plank chimichurri shrimp - both were delicious! The waitresses were so accommodating to my very energetic 5 year old son - thank you Chart House. We'll be back again soon!!Special Features:
- Lovely Anniversary DinnerTDS0816Dined on 8/16/2014Had not been to The Chart House in a LONG time and decided to go for our wedding anniversary. It was a FANTASTIC meal. My husband got a shrimp cocktail for his appetizer and I got Cream of Crab Soup. Both were excellent. The cocktail sauce was very tangy with a great horseradish bite and the soup was rich and full of crab meat. My husband got the crab stuffed shrimp and filet medallions for his entree and I got the parmesan crusted red snapper. Both were amazing. The Snapper was so sweet and succulent and my husband's filet was very tender. For dessert we got the Smith Island Cake and it was magnificent. Overall it was an amazing meal with wonderful wait staff and a relaxing and beautiful view.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceferrellsDined on 8/15/2014Our server recommended a special that wasn't on the menu and it was excellent as well as the wine selection. Overall great dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent happy hourHard2pleaseDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our visit at Chart House. I must suggest that you take a look at the Happy Hour menu for appetizers and drinks. The prices and food is just great. You can simply do that and skip dinner or lunch. Since it was our first time there we didn't know this but we noticed way too late that that's what most people do. Great appetizers at a very reasonable price. I had the stuffed shrimps with crab and it was delicious and very generous size.Special Features:
- JoanieDined on 8/14/2014The table we were seated was near the bathroom and setup station. The restaurant had plenty of empty tables. Complained to manager but did not seem to care. He did take the glasses of wine from our bill. Feel he could of offered to move us but did not. Also told him we were there to celebrate our anniversary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Our food was room temp when we got it. Our server didn't ask if anyone needed drink refills. We will not go back to The Chart House in Annapolis.
- BeautifulMaryLowDined on 8/13/2014We ate in the Lounge and even tho' all the seats beside windows were taken, we still had a great view of the harbor. The place was packed, but our server was attentive - great Happy Hour deals - tempura shrimp with avocado! A pomegranate-tini was one of the best drinks ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food CommentMike1Dined on 8/10/2014A few months ago, we had a fantastic fish meal (Macadamian encrusted Mahi) and recommended it to our accompanying family. Unfortunately, this time the fish was not fresh and the sauce fell short of what we had previously enjoyed. The staff made good on a replacement dish but the fact that had to be done was disappointing.Special Features:
- GreatElizabethADined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food service and views. A la carte gets pricey but worthy of a special occasion like PW with our plebe. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewCaptnMateDined on 8/4/2014Looking for a nice spot for dinner? Maybe with a view of Annapolis harbor? Great spot for drinks with friends or a more formal dining experience. Have frequented this iconic restaurant for years and the quality has remained memorable, not something you can take for granted. Would I recommend it? Yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGraybeardDined on 8/3/2014We were there last year for my wife's birthday and returned again this year. Service was under Par-Server was more interested in a Rick Black couple than serving us. He spent time lingering art their table. Crab cakes were not to my wife's liking either. Salad bar was great as well as location.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodnwineDined on 8/2/2014the restaurant is BIG and busy! most staff are young so some of them lack experience so a few things were forgotten, hopefully they will improve with more experience. Food was much better than expected and we were expecting it to be pretty good! it was SO delicious. The margarita was one of the best we've had. the baked Chesapeake oysters were amazing and very filling. my snapper hemingway was so good but sadly I couldn't eat it all due to the oysters, but because it was so good I actually took the rest of it home which I NEVER do. my wife's Macadamia crusted Mahi was also amazing. other great thing about the restaurant is the water taxi stops right outside. whole experience was wonderful and definitely going backSpecial Features:
- 2010 - 2011 whatever it takesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/2/2014As far as chain restaurant goes, chart house always delivers consistent quality food. My only gripe is when I ordered wine and was brought a different vintage than what was advertised. I brought this to my waiters attention and he said the manager get the wine and my vintage was unavailable on the first bottle. However, the second bottle was the vintage advertised on the menu. I made a comment to the waiter but no manager ever addressed it with me. Overall you go to this place for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been bettertjbhoDined on 8/2/2014Really nice wine by glass list and good seafood. the Chart House is a nice destination special occasion restaurant. However, the waitress, was rushed, and abrupt. She seemed to lack the ability/ desire to engage, inform and serve. At prices that scream indulgence, she failed to rise to that level.Special Features:
- Gorgeous setting/inconsistent foodCmans6282Dined on 7/31/2014The restaurant itself is Beautiful-warm golds, reds, incredible views. The salad bar had wilted greens, fruits were fair, plates had to be rifled through to find a clean one and then handled very gingerly as they remained frozen for a few minutes. Some of the dressings were so cold they congealed. My husbands prime rib was one of the best he's had but my 'medium well' marinated steak was beyond well done and the Yukon potatoes were cold and tasteless. A gentleman in our group received one paltry rib for his $30+ fare. It was a Thursday night in Annapolis and we couldn't get reservations at Carol's Creek (sp?). There was no noise level as we were one of maybe half a dozen groups if that. Let me know when it's got a new chef and management.
- Inconsistent ExperienceExperiencedDinerDined on 7/28/2014After a tremendous dining experience at the Chart House in Alexandria, I assumed I would have the exact same experience at the Chart House in Annapolis. Boy, was I WRONG! We were a large party celebrating the Family Patriarch's 70th Birthday. The only highlight was the host (Krista) who did a great job setting up our special evening. From there everything went downhill. Our server was slow and poorly trained. Although the restaurant was practically empty, we received lukewarm food. Lesson learned? You can't expect the same experience from one Chart House to another.Special Features:
- Always fantasticAmanda1976Dined on 7/27/2014Chart House is somewhere I take people that I want to share a really fantastic and memorable dinner with. Everything about the dining experience is pure perfection. The view can not be beat! Food is impeccable. Every staff member, from front desk reception to management to wait staff, are professional, kind, and accomodating. I HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We had a very enjoyable birthday celebration with a great view of Annapolis.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceLveChtHseDined on 7/26/2014Seating, Service, Food and pricing were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DdineDined on 7/26/2014Left a message on open table about this being my wife's birthday and they did not get messageSpecial Features:
- Beautiful location, Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation at Chart House to celebrate a special occassion, and we had a great experience. The food and service was wonderful. Everything tasted great. We also had a great view of the boats and the water from our table inside, which was just beautiful. Other than the loud table of four seated next to us, it was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent food and tremendous service! The chef even came out and reviewed the menu with us because my mom has so many allergies! Completely awesome all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was our first experience dining at the Chart House and we were very impressed from start to finish. The online reservations process was very easy and once we arrived, we were quickly seated near a window with a gorgeous view of the harbor. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. We were able to have conversation without interruption from noise and enjoyed great food and excellent service, and had a memorable evening at the Chart House. We highly the Chart House restaurant and look forward to returning soon..Special Features:
- Poor serviceNAptownDined on 7/24/2014We were celebrating a friend's birthday. After finishing our dinner, our waiter seem to disappear for a half hour. I had to go to the front for assistance to locate him. Review would have been higher if the service was better.Special Features:
- Good but priceysailorDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant is in a nice setting on Annapolis Harbor with access by car and water taxi. Food is good but somewhat on the pricey side, especially if you add in the salad bar and ala carte side dishes. The seating area is very large so there isn't a real intimate feel.Special Features:
- Pretty ordinary experience - top $OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Special occasion celebration for a group.. The table was jammed up against the wall and some of the flatware was missing. The waiter wasn't bad, but he wasn't great. Huge delay between clearing the main plates and offering coffee and dessert. There were definitely a few misfires from the kitchen. Several of the fish dishes were disappointing. Chart House used to be a steak house, but the filet was dry and had a salty rub that overpowered the flavor of the beef. $500, for 8 people, with only 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of cheap wine and 2 desserts. They really need to step up, particularly in the kitchen, for extravagant pricing. Back to Ruth Chris next time instead of Chart House.Special Features:
- FantasticWaterviewerDined on 7/20/2014The view and the food was wonderful! So much food. Great brunch bargain.Special Features:
- Great viewVickiPVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is always perfect. We had a new server so we werent too happy with her but over all another great visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be betterXNRfunkymunkyDined on 7/18/2014Service was great however the good could have been a lot better for the price. Food was cold.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014food was very good. very friendly staff and excellent ambience. would definitely recommend. really enjoyed the customized menu celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Brunch with friends.HeptonDined on 7/13/2014This restaurant is a lovely place for friends and family to meet for brunch. There is the best salad/ fruit bar with something for everyone - young and old. The menu has Brunch only selections plus the Chart House full menu. Staff were attentive and eager to please. The location is great in Eastport with plenty of parking and the view is excellent surrounded by Annapolis Maritime. Apart from the salad bar which gets 5 stars, the brunch entrees are a little tired with only a 3 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.