Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4102687166x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm , Sunday: 10am - 9pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm; Happy Hour Sunday - Friday in Lounge 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacasse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis
A favorite dining location in Annapolis for over 25 years, Chart House is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located on Spa Creek in the Eastport area. It occupies the former John Trumpy & Son boathouse & offers uncompromising views of the Annapolis Historic District, the Maryland State House & the United States Naval Academy. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Chart House Restaurant - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (188)special occasion (147)romantic (85)good for groups (65)fit for foodies (65)great for brunch (48)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (25)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (16)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Our first brunch at Chart HouseKirkinMDVIPDined on 10/19/2014We've been going to the Chart House for dinner for years, but never for brunch. It's going thru a re-modeling now, so the brunch was server in the bar, but that was fine, as the view is great! The food was very good (lots of Egg Benedicts). Service, unfortunately, wasn't quite up to the evening level of service; not bad, but not great.Special Features:
- time4dinnertime4dinnerDined on 10/12/2014The staff are very attentive but not overbearing, the food is always great and the scenic view is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagepasserbyDined on 10/10/2014Wasn't impressed overall. Food was adequate but overpriced and service was a bit slow.
- Dining on the Annapolis HarborUtilityconsultantVIPDined on 10/10/2014A better Chesapeake Bay harbor scene might not be available- this property sits on the water with beautiful water views that are off the chart....Hostess was ready for our on time/7pm dinner reservation. Seared tuna & surf and turf were exceptional- after a healthy round of hot crab dip. Waitress Phyllis was smiling, friendly and attentive- a restaurant we'll return to and a great place if you only have one or two dinners in town.Special Features:
- Very well prepared foodWonderfulDined on 10/10/2014Have dined here many times and the food and service has been well above standard.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerRadmanDined on 10/10/2014The Mrs. and I made the trip from Gaithersburg, MD to Annapolis for our anniversary dinner. The hostess greeted us and promptly seated us near the water. Our waitress was perfect, the meal was over the top, as expected and our window table gave us an up close view of the Annapolis Boat Show activities. The manager came over to our table thanked us for choosing the Chart House and apologized for the renovations in progress. Truthfully, we did not notice any disruption. He invited us to return when the renovations were completed. We assured him that we would be back much sooner than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expectedRBKLDined on 10/4/2014We hadn't been to the Chart House in a long time. It was Yom Kippur and we wanted to break the fast with a great meal. It was good but not great. My wife ordered a prime rib and it was mostly fat. Others we saw looked great so it might have just been hers. The crab tater tots were great and our server couldn't have been better. When we pay that much we don't want fat. There was a very large group around us and they were exceptionally loud and actively moving from table to table. Hard to enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The special treatment for our anniversary was a special bonusSpecial Features:
- Return EngagementLongbowDined on 10/3/2014We had eaten there before with friends and said the next time we were in town that we would return. The food and service were outstanding and just as we remembered it.Special Features:
- Disappointedlbc3Dined on 10/3/2014We had been looking forward to a special dinner out. Service was not good, waiter kept disappearing. He sold us on one of the specials which sounded terrific and came back 10 minutes later to say they were out of it. Food was ok, but not outstanding. Next time we'll go somewhere else for dinner and have drinks in the Chart House lounge.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our mother's 70th birthday at the Chart House recently and everything was wonderful. The food was outstanding! We had 9 people present and each of us tremendously enjoyed our appetizers, soup and entree. I will definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent!BDayMomDined on 9/27/2014Great Menu! It’s hard to decide what to order. You will not be disappointed with the service. ambiance or quality of food.Special Features:
- ServerMikeVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our server Will was ok, not great Food, atmosphere and view is always great here.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Beautiful view overlooking the Annapolis waterfront. Waitress was exceptional and the entire staff was very professional. The dinner presentation was great and the meals cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- JewellDined on 9/27/2014The food and service was wonderful!! Wish I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be great food gooddisappointedDined on 9/25/2014they informed opentable that I did not dine there on 9/25/2014 when I was there on time & there until it closed. They told me Saturday 9/26 there was no reservation made for 9/26/2014 for which I had confirmation via e-mail. I hope I received credit from opentable for 9/26 since we were there on time and did dine there. When I spoke with the manager shawn about these issues he didn't really care and stated they have no contact with opentable or answer to opentable. Food has always been good (we've been going since 2006) but will not return, to many managerial problems.Special Features:
- Just ok.BeernutrDined on 9/25/2014The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated, the waiter was knowledgeable, food was slow, tasty and expensive. A little too traditional for my tastes.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodFoody1237Dined on 9/23/2014Ordered broiled shrimp stuffed with crab. Shrimp was tough and stuffing was mostly breading. Very disappointing. Had better at red lobster for half the price.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent view of the harbor and sunset. Good waiter. The food, however was well below expectations, especially at the price charged. The grilled rockfish was over cooked, dry and unflavorful. It was served with broccoli and rice that resembled cafeteria food. The "Dynamite barramundi" was covered in too much spicy sauce that hid the appearance and flavor of the fish, and served with the same pyramid of rice. We have had good experiences at Chart House restaurants elsewhere but this was a disappointment.
- Awesome place to go serene scenery!Luv2eatDined on 9/21/2014Great place to eat very romantic. The food and the service is always awesome. Not to mention the great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good - Service WeakslmcneiceDined on 9/20/2014The Chart House in Annapolis is always a consistent 'above average' performer in the food department. But the last 2 or 3 times there, the service has been really uneven. This last visit was a case in point: my husband and I attended with out-of-town guests, and we're embarrassed by the little annoyances that were totally avoidable: missing seafood fork, missed drink order, and the like. They are well advised to tighten up the training. I really don't want to see the manager come by with his perfunctory apologies; that's equally annoying. If they could just get the service right, the rest would take care of itself.Special Features:
- Still a Fun Outing!TheaterFoodieDined on 9/15/2014Not actually "outdoor dining," but with a wraparound view of the Annapolis harbor, it's the next best thing! Service great, food great, no parking problemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone was great except for the hostess stand. They were a little rude and unorganized.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's CommentsMike1Dined on 9/13/2014We were given the best window table with the finest view. Hostess was very friendly and happy to give us that table for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart house AnnapolisLovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was delicious. Were there for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. From the appetizers, cocktails, salads and entrees, everything was delicious. Took dessert home as no room while there. They travelled well and tasted just as good as if we ate them at the restaurant. Our waiter, joe, was fantastic, very personable and friendly. Great recommendations. View was beautiful. Especially since the sun came out at sunset. Perfect timing to compliment a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationtotalletdownDined on 9/11/2014I'd been to Chart House in Boston and I loved it so when I was planning my birthday stay in Annapolis and found there was a Chart House there I was super excited. However, the experience at Chart House in Annapolis was so disappointing. The restaurant had a handful of people dining the evening I was there and that pretty much tells a story. I ordered salmon which wasn't cooked. I sent it back. The chef cooked me another piece of salmon and that was over cooked. I ended up eating nothing!Special Features:
- Good ExperiencewernersDined on 9/9/2014The food was good although not as good as other CH's I've been to. Sevice quick and friendly. Noise level was fairly high. We ate in the more scenic bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodZachDined on 9/7/2014The scenery was amazing looking out onto the water as the sun set. The food was great and the waiter was very respectful and attentive. It was very quiet, almost a little too quiet but great that I didnt have to shout across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Had not been there for years. Good to see it is still worth the drive up to Annapolis. Lovely to watch the sunset ftom front room. Good seafood and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillDowntownDinerDined on 9/5/2014I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. I tooky daughter to dinner to celebrate her first week of kindergarten. We were on time for our reservation but waited 45 minutes. The hostess issued a brief apology when we were seated. My crab cakes had tons of filler and one of them had a huge smoosh/indentation on it. I only saw 3 pieces of lump backfin per crab cake--I was really surprised because I've always had excellent meals here. For $30 crab cakes, I expected better. As someone who has worked in restaurants, it takes a lot for me to complain or send food back, so I didn't say anything, but I was really let down. Our server was excellent, however, and my daughter had fun at a "grown up" dinner, despite the sub-par nature of the food.Special Features:
- What I expectedsolracDined on 9/5/2014The menu provided variety for the diner to chose from, the featured fishes of the day are a nice option. As far as overall food, the vegetables and rice are not fresh, meaning they appear to be of the frozen type and the rice was almost box like. I will say the fish, I had the swordfish blackened, was seasoned and cooked to perfection. My guest had salmon, which was a little on the over cooked side, which really takes away from what salmon should tasted like. For the prices they charge, the whole meal should be prepared like the fish to justifiy the cost. Mostly you are paying for the view and the fish, the rest is average. Would I return, yes, but it is not on my "must go back to" list.Special Features:
- disappointingDietzDined on 9/5/2014We were visiting Annapolis for the first time and were hoping to find a place on the water that offered enough variety of menu for the members of our group. The view and staff were fantastic, but the food was disappointing, bland, and not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Table with a viewAllTheFoodThatsFitToEatDined on 9/3/2014We dined at the Chart House knowing it would not disappoint as. We've been to other CH properties in other locations. We opted to wait for a table by the waterfront to open up and sat down just as sun was setting. Food did not disappoint. The ahi with wasabi mashed potato was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJPandLauraDined on 9/3/2014Food was wonderful as always and Lindsey was a wonderful serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Have been a few times over the years. Can't beat the location. View from bar area is spectacular. View from main restaurant is good if you are near a window. Food is very good but seems like it is getting pricey. $9 extra for the salad bar with an entree purchase is way too much.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnermsdc01Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went there for our 2nd anniversary and we were pleased with the service and the food. I ordered a whole lobster and noticed it took extremely long for our meal to arrive. Once the waitress came and explained that the cook wasn't happy with how the lobster turned out and decided to cook another one, we were happy that he went the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction and we were comped for one appetizer. The lobster was good but the claw meat was a bit soggy, too soft. My husband ate the stuffed shrimp and loved it. We will definitely go there again. Thanks Chart House for the special service and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeannapolisDined on 8/31/2014We have been to Chart House several times and have always had a great experience. Definitely expensive but overall worth it. Great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh17thBirthdayDined on 8/31/2014We sat in the "water front" area which is the lounge and we hovered around a dirty table for about 10 min. I went and asked the hostess to send over a busers and she said just stand there and they will be "right over". Our appetizer took a while, it came with burnt toast not the correct bread. I ordered a Cesar salad which was $8.50 it was not dressed properly and had pre-made croutons. My son got the prime rib he loved it. We asked for the reminder to be wrapped up. We had ordered the hot lava cake, which is why we selected this restaurant. We got it and it was over cooked there was no "lava". We asked for the check and the left over prime rib, (which we believe he had thrown out as it was a bigger piece. Very disappointing overall.
- Dinner42Dined on 8/31/2014The Chart House is an icon in Annapolis. It typifies the waterfront and dining experience and gives the new comer a small taste of what Annapolis is all about. It may not have the best food in Annapolis but it sure does have the best location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond excellent!DebbiDined on 8/31/2014Love the food, atmosphere and the staff on all levels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.