Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
One Cameron Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7036845080x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Paul Lewis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
Located in historic Old Town Alexandria behind the Torpedo Factory, Chart House is the area’s only waterfront dining location. It boasts panoramic views of the Potomac River, Woodrow Wilson Bridge & the U.S. Capitol Building. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Waterfront dining at its best!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria reviews from OpenTable diners
624 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (523)special occasion (412)romantic (291)great for outdoor dining (226)good for groups (211)fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (151)great for lunch (146)great for brunch (129)notable wine list (103)hot spot (84)kid-friendly (60)late-night find (53)vibrant bar scene (48)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I took my 75 year old mother to Chart House for a mother daughter night. Everything was so wonderful. The staff, the food, and the view. I could not have asked for a better dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived a little early and were seated almost immediately. Reggie, our server, was engaging and professional. After a long stressful week, the Chart House, was exactly what was needed!Special Features:
- Awesome First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first time here, in my line of work I have always recommend this place as a must visit before leaving. It was a first date as well and our server was out of this world. I believe her name was IreneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CH2Wolf53DvrDined on 10/15/2014Decided to take the family there to celebrate a birthday. The food was overdone... The salad bar was okay. This wasn't my normal experience with this restaurant. All in all, the view was wonderful and the family had a good time.Special Features:
- Special place for a celebrationramblingirlDined on 10/14/2014We went to the Chart House to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were seated in an intimate room with a great view of the harbor. Our waiter, Leslie, was very exuberant and excited to offer us the specialties of the house. We told him it was our anniversary. The meal was very good, and I especially enjoyed the autumn vegetable side that I ordered. I also had the seafood sampler and my husband had prime rib. Both were delicious. At the end of the meal I was stuffed and Leslie surprised with a very large slice of mud pie with fudge sauce and a lit candle! Even though stuffed, we polished off the dessert and I especially enjoyed the fudge sauce. It was a really special and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- TuckDined on 10/14/2014Highly recommend. Food was hot, tasty and we cleaned our plates!Special Features:
- Halloween spiders?Sunday44Dined on 10/13/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. The big problem was our corner window table came with a window full of spiders which were crawling up and down while we ate. They were about a foot away from one of us which was uncomfortable. We ate fast and left.Special Features:
- don't rush me!PAmmieVIPDined on 10/13/2014got there early and snagged a window table. View is great. The restaurant wasn't that crowded. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu, but pushed expensive items. Crab cakes weren't listed, and when I asked, he said that they had accidently been left off the new menu, but we could order them. I was having dinner with a friend from out of town and we wanted to have our drinks and visit for a few minutes before we ordered. Our waiter kept coming back to ask what we wanted, so we put our order in. It came so quickly, I was quite surprised. There was a sense that he wanted us to eat and leave. We lingered abit, but wish he hadn't rushed us so.Special Features:
- Great TimeMemeDined on 10/12/2014Great food and view. A bit expensive, but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch SpotMissCJDined on 10/12/2014This was my 3rd visit to Chart House, and as always, the food and service were amazing! I definitely recommend the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great time, great food, great ocean view, great service.Special Features:
- Our waitress Angel, was excellent!tastyplaceDined on 10/10/2014Angel was very attentive, she new exactly when to check on us and great taste in food..... we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Tired and Way Over-pricedRetiredFedExecDined on 10/10/2014I used to love Chart House, with great prime rib and the wonderful salad bar, but no more. The prime rib I ordered was totally dried out and 2/3 of it was inedible fat and grizzle. I've had better prime rib for $10.95 vs. $30 here. And no more salad bar with the entree; must pay $9 for it. What do you get for a $30 prime rib? A dried out piece of fat and a baked potato. And the bottles of wine? Way overpriced--most $40 or more. Not for this kind of service or quality of food is it worth that much for a bottle of wine. The waiter was inattentive, bread came after our salads (which we paid extra for), and a glass of wine was like a thimble full. Our California family was not impressed, nor was i. Sorely disappointed. I will not be back-ever.
- Always a PleasureLondaDined on 10/9/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at the Chart House. It is by far, one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the PotomacNonRomanticDinnerDined on 10/9/2014Great time with friends made the high prices OK. Nice view of the Potomac River. Pretty sunset reflection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentSwanDined on 10/9/2014I went here with my niece to catch up on each other's lives and family things. We enjoyed the food and had a great conversation. I think the waiter pushed us a little, in terms of trying to take away our plates before we were finished. I know we are both slow eaters but it was not a particularly busy night and he could have been more patient. I've eaten here several times and the quality is the same -- very good. Not the least bit trendy, but a classic and classy.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsgregDined on 10/8/2014I invited some Danish and Dutch friends for dinner at 6:00 PM so that we could enjoy the view and the moon put on a spectacular show for us as it rose over the river. My friends enjoyed the stuffed flounder and I had an okay Filet mignon--It was a good piece of beef but I made the mistake of of ordering it medium well--I should have stuck with medium--my bad. We had a great window table. I eat here often and never have had anything to complain about.Special Features:
- Alexandria Gem...2ndAnniversaryDined on 10/6/2014Excellent experience for our 2nd Anniversary. It did not disappoint. The personalized menus acknowleding our anniversary was a great keep sake. The service was excellent....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experience!bentley3Dined on 10/6/2014We loved and appreciated our great dining experience at the Chart House. Waiter, Leslie, was delightful and service all around was excellent. Food was flavorful and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Great views of the Alexandria waterfront with delicious and interesting seafood dishes. Especially good for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my birthdayluv2eatDined on 10/5/2014Seated near the window over looking the water, my spouse and I enjoyed a lovely meal and birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSK718Dined on 10/4/2014We took my in-laws to eat at CH after previously visiting their location for brunch and we all were amazed at the food! Everything was great! Only thing we didn't like was regarding our seating arrangements. In my reservations, I told CH that we wanted a window seat and when we arrived the Hostess acknowledged our request. After waiting 20 minutes for the tables to be "cleaned off" the Hostess walked us to the first floor seating area and we asked why are sitting on the first floor when you told us that we were waiting to sit upstairs and the table to get cleaned off? The Hostess tried to give a reason but then said it was the other Hostess' fault then proceeded to take us upstairs to our sitting area. Our great night continued after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseDateNightDined on 10/4/2014Food and Service was outstanding... We had a great table with views of the National Harbor at night... Great place to spend a special night with a loved one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House in Old TownAndrewVIPDined on 10/4/2014Five of us enjoyed a special 60th birthday dinner on a busy Saturday night over delicious food, good service and a riverside table. Reservations a must, especially for dinner on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best timeLeYacaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated two birthdays and had the best time. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotExcelenteDined on 10/4/2014Love the views. Food is good. Service was great. Drink was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family favoriteLABVVIPDined on 10/3/2014We frequently have dinner at the Chart House. It is a solidly good restaurant, with updated menus and wine listings, lots of choices for seafood lovers and a few for people who don't like seafood. You can always count on a good experience there.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014We went to Chart House to celebrate our anniversary. Happily, we scored one of the tables for two in the room with the fire place. Our waiter, Reggie, was fabulous and went out of his way to make our visit an extraordinary one. We were one of three couples in the room celebrating our anniversary. You have to love a waiter who delivers pie to each table and then belts out an Elvis standard to everyone celebrating. It was certainly a night to remember.Special Features:
- Great evening!JoseDined on 10/3/2014The view from our table was outstanding, the service was prompt and friendly, and the food was as delicious as every other time I have dined at the Chart House. Mu guests were very pleased.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spotFood42Dined on 10/2/2014The view and food here were really good. We went here for our anniversary and the waiters were all very nice and even had "Happy Anniversary" printed on our menu. The food came out quick and was very good. The view and wine selection were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 25th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2014Wonderful dinner with a beautiful view! Looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RondogDined on 9/29/2014I've yet to write a negative review because I have none! You guys are the best!Special Features:
- LOVE CHART HOUSECHARLIEDined on 9/28/2014THIS IS THE FOURTH CHART HOUSE I'VE EATEN IN AND THEY ARE CONSISTENTLY GOOD AND IN GREAT SCENIC LOCATIONS.Special Features:
- Great for birthday brunchWMSBGfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Great price for Champagne, Mimosas & Bloody Marys when you ordered off the brunch menu, food was good, salad bar was excellent! Best part was the Lava Cake that came with a birthday candle for my adult daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseDinearoundDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic overall experience. Outstanding service, menu, atmosphere and food was delicious. Had a great table By the window view of the water. We arrived at 9pm after The Washington Nationals win over The Marlins. Was a the best way to celebrate. Go NATS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMosbyDined on 9/27/2014We were yjere on a Saturday. Very Busy but service/servers were very good. Food excellentSpecial Features:
- I can say I've been...FoodieNYCDined on 9/27/2014I made reservations well in advance but didn't realize until I arrived that outdoor seating is first come first serve. Off season Saturday night was an hour wait so I opted for indoor seating, three rows away from the window. The wine list was decent but needed to promt the waiter for what beers were on tap. The limited beer option was followed by the limited wine options if you only wanted a glass. Our waiter was more than polite but I felt like he was rushed in answering my questions. He served my tablemate my wine and vice versa which we determined after we had each taken a sip. Oysters on a half shell were yummy but there was no options to choose from. Dinner was good but our waiter swung by, asked how it was and left before we replied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceAlexandria929Dined on 9/27/2014I loved the food, it was excellent. However, the restauruant was loud, crowded and chaotic at 6pm on a Saturday night, and the bathroom was a mess. and our waiter was very friendly but harried. It was 2 hours before we actually got our entrees. This didn't seem to be the waiter's fault, they may have been understaffedSpecial Features:
- ServiceAlexDined on 9/27/2014Waiter barely spoke English, unfamiliar with many items. He also wouldn't bring out the entree until he cleared the appetizer which I asked to stay on the table. Entries were sitting under heating lamp for over 30 minutes. However the manager was accommodating, recooked our entrea and took them off bill in addition to getting us new waiter. However this shouldn't have occurred in the first placeSpecial Features:
- View 10, Food 1OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Though I have never had a good meal here, the view on most days more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.