Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
One Cameron Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7036845080x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeff Paul Lewis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria
Located in historic Old Town Alexandria behind the Torpedo Factory, Chart House is the area’s only waterfront dining location. It boasts panoramic views of the Potomac River, Woodrow Wilson Bridge & the U.S. Capitol Building. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, New Wave Surf & Turf & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Waterfront dining at its best!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Chart House Restaurant - Alexandria reviews from OpenTable diners
618 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (514)special occasion (404)romantic (287)great for outdoor dining (218)good for groups (206)fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (154)great for lunch (147)great for brunch (128)notable wine list (101)hot spot (86)kid-friendly (60)late-night find (52)vibrant bar scene (47)Show More
- HulapielvrDined on 10/28/2014Very good food. Great location on the water. I would suggest you make reservations. The lava cake is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchGregDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 3rd anniversary on the deck for lunch. The service was great and very attentive. The food was good, but was not overly remarkable. We had a wonderful and memorable lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!KamikeaDined on 10/26/2014Our waitress did an excellent job and made recommendations we wouldn't normally have chosen and each one was a huge success. All our food was perfectly prepared and tasted great. No complaints at all....Special Features:
- barbaraVIPDined on 10/26/2014Alway a great experience. We love the restaurant, view of DC and the food was great. Service was very good too.Special Features:
- Scenic view and great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014Not sure why the crab cakes are no longer on the menu however they are some of the best in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014On Sunday our visit was very disappointing.my chopped salad was old, it had been prepared some time ago. I didn't feel like walking up the the salad bar to get a salad. My trout was extremely salty. It was baked. So not sure why so salty. No bread was offered to us. As I was leaving I saw folks with bread on their table. My husband's seafoos platter was good. Well that is what he shared. I think for the prices they charge, the food quality needs to be improved. I have had better chopped salads at Subway.LOL I thought to return the meal, but my husband would have felt uncomfortable eating his meal while i waited for my to be prepared again. Do not plan to return.
- Can't beat the view or food!WelovediningDined on 10/25/2014This is a great place in Old Town and has a waterfront view that is amazing so ask for a window table when making a reservation. Food is fantastic with a great selection on the menu. Service was a little slow and our waiter didn't always check on us but was not bad enough to ruin the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterRedleg6Dined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit in some time. Some renovations. Overall nice ambiance. The food did not live up to its billing or price. Except for the mashed potatoes, the food lacked joy. I would have to try it again to see if the meal was an aberration. Prime location. Nice view of Potomac and boats in daytime. Not much to see at night. A nice touch was getting a free dessert and having our waiter sing Happy Birthday in the voice of The King. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Received outstanding service which lead to an outstanding diner.Special Features:
- not for lunchDannyDined on 10/23/2014While Chart House for dinner is great - nice ambience, great food, outstanding service, my first experience coming here for lunch was a bit of a disappointment. The lunch menu is very basic- sandwiches and burgers and none of the dishes Chart House does so well- stakes and seafood.
- Cramped SeatingRonkeDined on 10/22/2014The only thing wrong with The Charthouse is the cramped seating. The tables are crammed in which means that servers and other users have to sidle past chairs and this means that on several occasions you were knocked which does not make for relaxing diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We went here for our Anniversary. We had reservations for a certain time and showed up 3o minutes early, we still had a great view and great service!! Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service; OK foodwrknalexandriaDined on 10/20/2014Dined here many times before and was disappointed this time in food quality. Was entertaining Japanese clients, so wanted good experience. Atmosphere and view is good for foreign visitors. However, entrees were served before our group finished appetizers, and dishes were warm, but not hot. Shrimp and flounder were overcooked and drying out. Desserts were very good, so that helped. Coffee served, but no refills offered.Special Features:
- LovelyTamiVIPDined on 10/20/2014Chart House is always a consistently good meal. The atmosphere is lovely on the water! Our server was great too!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTimetodineDined on 10/19/2014Excellent upscale place to take a date and the food is great. Not necessarily cheap, but definitely worth the money. Have to try the lava cake dessert, it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGretcehnDined on 10/19/2014I took my 75 year old mother to Chart House for a mother daughter night. Everything was so wonderful. The staff, the food, and the view. I could not have asked for a better dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Perfect!Jhby1956Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived a little early and were seated almost immediately. Reggie, our server, was engaging and professional. After a long stressful week, the Chart House, was exactly what was needed!Special Features:
- Awesome First DateMauriceDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time here, in my line of work I have always recommend this place as a must visit before leaving. It was a first date as well and our server was out of this world. I believe her name was IreneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chart Houselovecharthouse55Dined on 10/18/2014Our first trip to Chart House was great; food, atmosphere, friendliness. So we go for every special occasion we have. We have been going for 10 years now. Love, love, love!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were seated promptly upon arrival. While we did not have a window seat, we still had a fantastic view and it appeared that you can get a great view of the water from pretty much any table. The service from the waitress and staff was excellent....as was the food. Perfect way to celebrate that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealjabmikeDined on 10/17/2014Have been to several Chart House restaurants and have always had a goo meal. This one is right on the Potomac River and has outside seating. Wife enjoyed the stuffed shrimp and I had the steak. All in all an excellent meal. Waiter (Lou) was extremely friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- CH2Wolf53DvrDined on 10/15/2014Decided to take the family there to celebrate a birthday. The food was overdone... The salad bar was okay. This wasn't my normal experience with this restaurant. All in all, the view was wonderful and the family had a good time.Special Features:
- Special place for a celebrationramblingirlDined on 10/14/2014We went to the Chart House to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were seated in an intimate room with a great view of the harbor. Our waiter, Leslie, was very exuberant and excited to offer us the specialties of the house. We told him it was our anniversary. The meal was very good, and I especially enjoyed the autumn vegetable side that I ordered. I also had the seafood sampler and my husband had prime rib. Both were delicious. At the end of the meal I was stuffed and Leslie surprised with a very large slice of mud pie with fudge sauce and a lit candle! Even though stuffed, we polished off the dessert and I especially enjoyed the fudge sauce. It was a really special and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- TuckDined on 10/14/2014Highly recommend. Food was hot, tasty and we cleaned our plates!Special Features:
- Halloween spiders?Sunday44Dined on 10/13/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. The big problem was our corner window table came with a window full of spiders which were crawling up and down while we ate. They were about a foot away from one of us which was uncomfortable. We ate fast and left.Special Features:
- don't rush me!PAmmieVIPDined on 10/13/2014got there early and snagged a window table. View is great. The restaurant wasn't that crowded. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu, but pushed expensive items. Crab cakes weren't listed, and when I asked, he said that they had accidently been left off the new menu, but we could order them. I was having dinner with a friend from out of town and we wanted to have our drinks and visit for a few minutes before we ordered. Our waiter kept coming back to ask what we wanted, so we put our order in. It came so quickly, I was quite surprised. There was a sense that he wanted us to eat and leave. We lingered abit, but wish he hadn't rushed us so.Special Features:
- Great TimeMemeDined on 10/12/2014Great food and view. A bit expensive, but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch SpotMissCJDined on 10/12/2014This was my 3rd visit to Chart House, and as always, the food and service were amazing! I definitely recommend the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything.ProfessorLordeDined on 10/11/2014Great time, great food, great ocean view, great service.Special Features:
- Our waitress Angel, was excellent!tastyplaceDined on 10/10/2014Angel was very attentive, she new exactly when to check on us and great taste in food..... we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Tired and Way Over-pricedRetiredFedExecDined on 10/10/2014I used to love Chart House, with great prime rib and the wonderful salad bar, but no more. The prime rib I ordered was totally dried out and 2/3 of it was inedible fat and grizzle. I've had better prime rib for $10.95 vs. $30 here. And no more salad bar with the entree; must pay $9 for it. What do you get for a $30 prime rib? A dried out piece of fat and a baked potato. And the bottles of wine? Way overpriced--most $40 or more. Not for this kind of service or quality of food is it worth that much for a bottle of wine. The waiter was inattentive, bread came after our salads (which we paid extra for), and a glass of wine was like a thimble full. Our California family was not impressed, nor was i. Sorely disappointed. I will not be back-ever.
- Always a PleasureLondaDined on 10/9/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at the Chart House. It is by far, one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the PotomacNonRomanticDinnerDined on 10/9/2014Great time with friends made the high prices OK. Nice view of the Potomac River. Pretty sunset reflection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentSwanDined on 10/9/2014I went here with my niece to catch up on each other's lives and family things. We enjoyed the food and had a great conversation. I think the waiter pushed us a little, in terms of trying to take away our plates before we were finished. I know we are both slow eaters but it was not a particularly busy night and he could have been more patient. I've eaten here several times and the quality is the same -- very good. Not the least bit trendy, but a classic and classy.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsgregDined on 10/8/2014I invited some Danish and Dutch friends for dinner at 6:00 PM so that we could enjoy the view and the moon put on a spectacular show for us as it rose over the river. My friends enjoyed the stuffed flounder and I had an okay Filet mignon--It was a good piece of beef but I made the mistake of of ordering it medium well--I should have stuck with medium--my bad. We had a great window table. I eat here often and never have had anything to complain about.Special Features:
- Alexandria Gem...2ndAnniversaryDined on 10/6/2014Excellent experience for our 2nd Anniversary. It did not disappoint. The personalized menus acknowleding our anniversary was a great keep sake. The service was excellent....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experience!bentley3Dined on 10/6/2014We loved and appreciated our great dining experience at the Chart House. Waiter, Leslie, was delightful and service all around was excellent. Food was flavorful and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Great views of the Alexandria waterfront with delicious and interesting seafood dishes. Especially good for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my birthdayluv2eatDined on 10/5/2014Seated near the window over looking the water, my spouse and I enjoyed a lovely meal and birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSK718Dined on 10/4/2014We took my in-laws to eat at CH after previously visiting their location for brunch and we all were amazed at the food! Everything was great! Only thing we didn't like was regarding our seating arrangements. In my reservations, I told CH that we wanted a window seat and when we arrived the Hostess acknowledged our request. After waiting 20 minutes for the tables to be "cleaned off" the Hostess walked us to the first floor seating area and we asked why are sitting on the first floor when you told us that we were waiting to sit upstairs and the table to get cleaned off? The Hostess tried to give a reason but then said it was the other Hostess' fault then proceeded to take us upstairs to our sitting area. Our great night continued after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.