Chart House - Atlantic City
Huron & Brigantine Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 609-340-5030x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday at 4pm
Tuesday-Friday & Sunday 4pm to 7pm - in bar and lounge only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rodney Seeberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Chart House - Atlantic City
Located in the Golden Nugget Casino, Chart House overlooks picturesque Senator Frank S. Farley Marina. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it's not hard to see why this Chart House restaurant will be a guest favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrees such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or enjoy a tender Blue Cheese Filet. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Chart House - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (286)special occasion (216)romantic (169)fit for foodies (101)good for groups (74)notable wine list (62)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (26)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- All tables have a nice viewLambchopsVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is set up very nicely. All tables are very comfortable, and all tables have a nice view overlooking the marina and water. The food is standard Chart House food and quite expensive. Service is usually very good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1whiskeygirlDined on 9/19/2014LOVED the drink I had - Fir d'Lis. Our waitress (can't remember her name) was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Not the Chart House I KnowAleezeDined on 9/14/2014Dry, overlooked, tasteless food. Took my husband for his birthday - absolutely no comparison to other Chart House restaurants at which I have dined. Mt crab cake was dry and lukewarm, baked potato and asparagus the same. Will never return or recommendSpecial Features:
- Best Fish in TownACGirlDined on 9/13/2014Second time we have eaten there for special occasions. Food is wonderful. All the fish choices could be made to your liking. The Chilean Sea Bass was the best I have tasted. The water view is worth the visit. I have gone to this Chart House for Happy Hour and that food is great and priced right. Would definitely recommend the Happy Hour.Special Features:
- GilfinkDined on 9/9/2014Always good service, great view of Marina, great menu & food. Mud pie for dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2014Great food, service...always the same...High marks all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our waiter was patient in answering our questions, courteous and had a sense of humor. The breads were great and our seared spiced ahi tuna dishes were tender and delicious! The beet salad was good and, in general, we really enjoyed our evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine service and excellent meal.2RoyalsDined on 9/7/2014The ambience was pleasant and added in creating a delightful experience. We had not been to the Chart House so were really happy to sit on the upper tier as the sun went down, lights shone on the boats and yachts, we ordered seared scallops, crab cakes for our entres, creamed spinach...absolutely luscious.....perfect clams on the half shell! Can't wait to return when the lights are low and the moments of sharing call to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Perfect spot for us to have a quiet birthday dinner for two. The view was very scenic as the sun set - although the Borgata does block out some of it. The food was delicious, and they delivered a complimentary birthday dessert. We were there on a Sunday evening, so did not feel rushed at all. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- MehTrialgirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014Atmosphere is lovely. Food was bland,service spotty , bill was high. If I go back it is drinks and apps in the lounge
- chart housegenesDined on 9/6/2014food very good along with service first time there would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect!direct007Dined on 9/5/2014First time dining at the Chart House in the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City. Food, service and ambiance were perfect. Sat at a table facing the marina outside of the Golden Nugget. Perfect view of all of the boats. Wait staff was very friendly and professional. The restaurant manager stopped by just to say Hi and tell us few anecdotes about some of the boats within our view. Food was excellent. Will deft recommend to friends and hope to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Gr8 ViewJP67Dined on 9/2/2014Very much enjoyed overlooking the Marina and AC skyline . Swordfish simply grilled was excellent. Friendly, efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had dinner at the Chart House for a pre-concert meal with my family. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and everything was top notch! I could not have asked for anything to be better.Special Features:
- AtlanticCityDinerDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service and delicious menu choices. The view of the Atlantic City skyline and the Marina was a superb.Special Features:
- chrissie1026Dined on 8/31/2014Overpriced but decent food. Asked for additional onion rings with my steak and could only give me one. Takes forever to get a cocktail.Special Features:
- another good dinnerJERRYDined on 8/30/2014CHART HOUSE IN ATLANTIC CITY IS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT. ALWAYS ENJOY BRINGING FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO ENJOY THE EVENING. THE ENTIRE STAFF IS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING TO ENSURE A PERFECT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- love2dine at the AC Chart Houselove2dineDined on 8/30/2014Mallory, Jody and I were led to a polished table overlooking a sparkling marina, where a brilliant blue sea hosted long rows of magnificent white yachts. Pleasant and lively conversations echoed from the diners surrounding us and throughout the Chart House, as our attentive server delivered kettle martinis with plump olives and refreshing mango mojitos. Next came that delicious tray of succulent Oysters Rockefeller, followed by crispy toasted coconut shrimp, tasty beet salad, and perfectly seared tuna wasabi with generous sides of mushrooms and asparagus. Everything about that dinner, including my companions, the food, the service, and The Chart House ambiance was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slyline DinnerRichardDined on 8/29/2014Great view of Atlantic City from a tableside seat (ask for one when entering). Servers are energetic as the food is great just like every other Chart House I've been to. Good late night find too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must While In ACkatydidDined on 8/29/2014I have been a customer at the Chart House and the food and service keeps getting better!Special Features:
- Excellent!LoveACDined on 8/29/2014Chart House in Atlantic City is our favorite..the food, the service and the view are spectacular!Special Features:
- Good ambience, Okay foodsjs2243Dined on 8/29/2014My friends thought their food was excellent but my filet was very dry and not as tender as I expected. There was heavy foot traffic in front of our table.Special Features:
- CookieDined on 8/27/2014I made reservations to go here on open table for a date back in July. When we arrived it was closed. So we tried again in August. Made our reservation on open table once again, they were open. When we arrived I requested a window seat and told the hostess we would be at the bar. She said if they were running out of window seats she would come get us. After having apps and cocktails in bar we went to be seated. No window seats left and the hostess began seating us in an area with no view at all until my husband spotted a seat that at least had a view and they accommodated us. Our server Tony was great! Food no so good. I have gone to the Philadelphia Chart House and enjoyed it. We won't being going to the Atlantic city location.Special Features:
- Chart HouseNoNameDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent. Food was fabulous and the view was great. Very nice night out.Special Features:
- Another great mealAngelaVIPDined on 8/24/2014I always enjoy dining here when I go to AC. I make a reservation through OT and make it one of the places I dine when I am in town for a few days. The menu doesn't disappoint. I enjoy the flounder, and the crab mango stack. They have a new brie, crab and artichoke dip that's really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad luck at the tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Although the food, service, and view are great, they never fail to give me the lousiest tables in the restaurant!Special Features:
- OverallLuv2rideDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I always have a great time when we visit this restaurant. The view is great along with the food and service. I recommend this restaurant highly! We feel very relaxed and satisfied after every visit!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Nice view with good food however our waiter was terrible. Just very rude and not into his job. We were a table of 7, we were spending a lot of money and would expect better service. Won't go back because of it...Special Features:
- Never disappointsTrishVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Chart House in Atlantic City never disappoints. The food is always excellent, the service impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal with an incredible view.Special Features:
- Wonderful - as usual!donnamtVIPDined on 8/23/2014As a regular patron, I can only say that the food, atmosphere and service are terrific! We've known our server, Tom, for 25 years going back to The Oaks restaurant! He's the best! Also cannot say enough about Michael and Anthony - mgmt. Always sooo accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does anyone get trained here?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Waiter did not know if special was still available, then told us it wasn't and returned to say it was??? Food was fair. Service was poor. Wait staff was standing around instead of filling water, bringing bread etc. Chart House in Weehawken is 10x better. Would not return to this location!Special Features:
- Date NightDaintyDinerDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere would have been absolutely perfect if I had a table near the window overlooking the boats on the water. I still gave 5 stars because I had a decent view from where I was seated. I'm not much of a pasta lover, but I tried the shrimp scampi and it was amazing and filling. The shrimp were huge and I couldn't finish my meal. I loved it! My date on the other hand was not fond of the veal Marsala. It was his first experience trying veal, but he finished the meal. My server was very pleasant and friendly. She was knowledgable of the drinks and saved my date from ordering something he wouldn't like. I love this place. I will definitely return possibly make a reservation around the time the sun sets for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripShellieDined on 8/22/2014The flavor of our food was excellent but our entrees could have been hotter. The service was fantastic and our servers were very pleasant. We were fortunate to have a window table which made for a very tranquil early evening dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- An Atlantic City GemGerryWDined on 8/21/2014The view is good and the way seating is arranged, everyone gets a good view. (Not quite as good as the Chart House in Weehawken). The service is very good, friendly and helpful and paced well. The appetizers and salads were excellent. Very uncharacteristic of the Chart House, our entrees came out cold and while dirty plates were still on the table. At some point later a manager was passing and asked if all was OK. I explained the problem. The meals were taken off our bill without any asking on my part. Some times things happen to the best of places. The way it is handled is what separates the truly good from the mediocre. I would highly recommend the Chart House. It is a great addition to the Golden Nugget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodFidgetDined on 8/20/2014Excellent variety and Robert, our waiter, is always very helpful, great conversation, and we always ask for him.Special Features:
- Charming Chart HouserockyDined on 8/17/2014So nice to be in an Atlantic City restaurant with a view-a magnificent one at that, instead of a dark no view casino restaurant! Great menu--food was wonderful and the server was excellent. This is the best Chart House so far...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GOODSTCYGRLDined on 8/17/2014Our server did not want to be there. My steak was cooked like shoe leather, a 38.00 steak. No teriyaki sauce for a sirloin that they had on the menu, sesame tuna was cold and bland. Sides of fingerling potatoes, cooked dry and hard as a rock. Extremely disappointing meal. Also, I don't mind paying 38.00 for a steak. But at least cook it right. Completely disappointed. Also the manager had a no care attitude. I DO order my filet medium well, but more towards well, so there is no pink, but it came back dry and cooked dead. It was really disappointing and we were going to a show so no time to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014It's a lovely setting with a view of the water. Everyone at my table thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The salmon was fabulous. The lava cake was out of this world, fantastic!Special Features:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIFEY!YUMMIEDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have dined in many Chart House establishments (AC, Hudson County, Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia & California). The sea food is always fresh and top notch. This was a night out to celebrate my wife's birthday. After dinner, we went to an hilarious comedy club in the Tropicana Casino. to top the evening off, we both came out ahead on the slot machines. Thanks Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite A.C. Restaurant!BaconIsAVegetableVIPDined on 8/15/2014No window seat needed to get the amazing view of the boardwalk casinos. Our server Kenneth was great, he was laid back but attentive which was perfect for the romantic meal. I had the scallops with the wasabi mashed potatoes and it was quite possibly the best scallop dish I've ever had. Not too spicy at all and perfectly balanced with the asparagus as well. Wish we would of had room for the desserts as they sounded delicious, but we will be back. My only word of warning is to eat early because as we were finishing up at 8:30, we could feel and hear the base from the band playing outside the window at the club/deck below. It didn't spoil anything for us, but would have been an issue had we just sat down.Special Features: