Chart House - Atlantic City
Huron & Brigantine Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (609) 340-5030
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday at 4pm
Tuesday-Friday & Sunday 4pm to 7pm - in bar and lounge only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rodney Seeberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from Chart House - Atlantic City
Located in the Golden Nugget Casino, Chart House overlooks picturesque Senator Frank S. Farley Marina. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it's not hard to see why this Chart House restaurant will be a guest favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrees such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or enjoy a tender Blue Cheese Filet. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Chart House - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (232)special occasion (178)romantic (165)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (80)notable wine list (63)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Does anyone get trained here?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Waiter did not know if special was still available, then told us it wasn't and returned to say it was??? Food was fair. Service was poor. Wait staff was standing around instead of filling water, bringing bread etc. Chart House in Weehawken is 10x better. Would not return to this location!Special Features:
- Date NightDaintyDinerDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere would have been absolutely perfect if I had a table near the window overlooking the boats on the water. I still gave 5 stars because I had a decent view from where I was seated. I'm not much of a pasta lover, but I tried the shrimp scampi and it was amazing and filling. The shrimp were huge and I couldn't finish my meal. I loved it! My date on the other hand was not fond of the veal Marsala. It was his first experience trying veal, but he finished the meal. My server was very pleasant and friendly. She was knowledgable of the drinks and saved my date from ordering something he wouldn't like. I love this place. I will definitely return possibly make a reservation around the time the sun sets for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripShellieDined on 8/22/2014The flavor of our food was excellent but our entrees could have been hotter. The service was fantastic and our servers were very pleasant. We were fortunate to have a window table which made for a very tranquil early evening dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- An Atlantic City GemGerryWDined on 8/21/2014The view is good and the way seating is arranged, everyone gets a good view. (Not quite as good as the Chart House in Weehawken). The service is very good, friendly and helpful and paced well. The appetizers and salads were excellent. Very uncharacteristic of the Chart House, our entrees came out cold and while dirty plates were still on the table. At some point later a manager was passing and asked if all was OK. I explained the problem. The meals were taken off our bill without any asking on my part. Some times things happen to the best of places. The way it is handled is what separates the truly good from the mediocre. I would highly recommend the Chart House. It is a great addition to the Golden Nugget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very goodFidgetDined on 8/20/2014Excellent variety and Robert, our waiter, is always very helpful, great conversation, and we always ask for him.Special Features:
- Charming Chart HouserockyDined on 8/17/2014So nice to be in an Atlantic City restaurant with a view-a magnificent one at that, instead of a dark no view casino restaurant! Great menu--food was wonderful and the server was excellent. This is the best Chart House so far...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT GOODSTCYGRLDined on 8/17/2014Our server did not want to be there. My steak was cooked like shoe leather, a 38.00 steak. No teriyaki sauce for a sirloin that they had on the menu, sesame tuna was cold and bland. Sides of fingerling potatoes, cooked dry and hard as a rock. Extremely disappointing meal. Also, I don't mind paying 38.00 for a steak. But at least cook it right. Completely disappointed. Also the manager had a no care attitude. I DO order my filet medium well, but more towards well, so there is no pink, but it came back dry and cooked dead. It was really disappointing and we were going to a show so no time to eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014It's a lovely setting with a view of the water. Everyone at my table thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The salmon was fabulous. The lava cake was out of this world, fantastic!Special Features:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY WIFEY!YUMMIEDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I have dined in many Chart House establishments (AC, Hudson County, Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia & California). The sea food is always fresh and top notch. This was a night out to celebrate my wife's birthday. After dinner, we went to an hilarious comedy club in the Tropicana Casino. to top the evening off, we both came out ahead on the slot machines. Thanks Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Favorite A.C. Restaurant!BaconIsAVegetableVIPDined on 8/15/2014No window seat needed to get the amazing view of the boardwalk casinos. Our server Kenneth was great, he was laid back but attentive which was perfect for the romantic meal. I had the scallops with the wasabi mashed potatoes and it was quite possibly the best scallop dish I've ever had. Not too spicy at all and perfectly balanced with the asparagus as well. Wish we would of had room for the desserts as they sounded delicious, but we will be back. My only word of warning is to eat early because as we were finishing up at 8:30, we could feel and hear the base from the band playing outside the window at the club/deck below. It didn't spoil anything for us, but would have been an issue had we just sat down.Special Features:
- stefDined on 8/14/2014Great wine selection, have the option of blue cheese stuffed olives for dirty martinis. Stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat was excelling, the shrimp scampi was excellent, my boyfriend had the filet mignon and said it was the best he ever had. Generous wine pour, and fun dessert drinks.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBobMcDined on 8/14/2014This has become one of our local favorites we've visited a dozen times in the past several years. Consistently good food excellent service and a great ambiance--terrific view of the marina below and the skyline ahead. It's at, not in, the Golden Nugget CasinoSpecial Features:
- willie and batbatandwillyDined on 8/14/2014Been to the Chart House many times...another great meal...caprese salad...clam chowder was tasty but a bit sandy (mentioned to our server, Tom...he advised the manager who came and spoke to us)......tomahawk lamb chops and orange salmon from the special menu...also had a Manhattan made with Devil's Cut bourbon...all yummy...we will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SadeShareeDined on 8/12/2014The food may be expensive but its well worth it for a special occasion with a group or a date night. Delicious appetizers and fresh tasting seafood entrées. My rating lacked one star because my mother and my mixed drink was watery. I just kept mine. However, the waiter was very courteous about replacing hers since she insisted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Beautiful Viewsatewithnel2Dined on 8/10/2014Couldn't believe the beautiful waterfront marina view and the Atlantic City Skyline. The service was also very good and the dinner choices were unique. When in town make a reservation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Atlantic City Gem3MandLindseyDined on 8/10/2014Excellent Food and Service; great Décor and Ambiance, the Atlantic City Chart House has it all. This place never fails to deliver a great dining experience. It is one of the reasons I choose to visit this city. W.C. Naples, FLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not good1SaturdayDined on 8/9/2014Great view bad food... service was ok. Ordered fish and it was clearly previously frozen. It was supposedly the catch of the day. It must have been the catch 2 years ago.Special Features:
- Great night outPennyzenDined on 8/9/2014Great service from the start. We were seated within 5 min of reservation time. Great food, great atmosphere. Great bar. Super chocolate souffle for dessert.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very good food. Excellent service. Did not feel rushed, even on a Saturday evening. Would definitely dine here again. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouLouVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a pleasure on every level. A menu that offers multiple choices and a staff that ensures that you enjoy your eveningSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENT !!!!RoscoeDined on 8/9/2014Booked on open table and requested window seat as we were celebrating our 49 wedding anniversary with our friends. Chart House said no window seat reservations until we arrived. Mentioned this request upon arriving and although it was very busy, we were seated at window. After studying the menues I noticed printed in bold ink on top was Happy Anniversary and out last name. Very nice touch, the food was as good as it gets, we were not rushed and it was a Fabulous Evening. Thanks Chart House and Opentable.Special Features:
- TerryTerryVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was above average! Service was a little confusing. Seems the wait staff did not know whose tabkes were whomsSpecial Features:
- nice night out!!dinewithwineDined on 8/9/2014for the first time we'll see Bobby Vinton,and he sang our wedding song,figured we must have a romantic night out and dine formally to a nice, romantic with the view restaurant and I choosed The Chart house,the food's quality and quantity was excellent,We enjoyed it,thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th Wedding AnniversaryPaticakeDined on 8/9/2014We couldn't have chosen a nicer place to celebrate our Anniversary. The food was delicious, our waiter was attentive and the view was spectacular.Special Features:
- jbpainfreeVIPDined on 8/8/2014tremendous food selection. everything ordered was delicious. able to switch items around to make the meal most enjoyable. beautiful viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014My visit was to celebrate my birthday. We both enjoyed the Seafood Pescatore. It came with scallops, clams, shrimp, lobster and sauce over linguine. This dish was delicious. They also a great wine list. Service was timely and professional. I recommend that you the Hot Lava Cake for dessert. This restaurant is pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE CHARTHOUSE IS AWESOME!LFalkVIPDined on 8/8/2014You can't find a better place for dinner in Atlantic City! Thanks again for a great evening!Special Features:
- Date NightFoodarooDined on 8/8/2014Had dinner and cocktails with my wife and another couple. Unfortunately we could not get near the bar as it is small and was very crowded. Dinner was very good as well as the service. A little expensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerluv2travelDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. The Chart House provided us with a personalized menu and 5 Star service and food. We had a table by the window (although every table has a spectacular view of the marina). Definitely a place to go for a special occasion! Or just a beautiful dinner experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!Reggie1024Dined on 8/8/2014This was our second time dinning at the chart house. It's simply amazing. Everything about this restaurant is top notch. Next we are going to try their happy hour for their 1/2 off appetizers. Highly recommend this restaurant beautiful setting awesome staff. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLulaDined on 8/7/2014We were a group of 10 with a last minute reservation and we were in a rush. The restaurant accommodated our reservation and our need for speed with grace and elegance. The food was fantastic - all 10 picky eaters were happy. Well done!Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for a Special DinnerMomMomKimDined on 8/7/2014The Chart House has a great Happy Hour with excellent drinks and a variety of appetizers. Dinner is superb. Although it's a bit pricey, it is well worth it. You can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Service to slow It to too long to get our food food was good but it took to long to get for a Tuesday NightSpecial Features:
- August 5, 2004 dinnerACtripreviewDined on 8/5/2014Dinner was very pricy but was only average in terms of the food. We had flounder stuffed with crabmeat and shrimp stuffed with crabmeat. The crabmeat was not anything special and was not worth the price tag. Location setting was very nice as you oversee the bay with a beautiful view.Special Features:
- A must visit!ClairegolfsVIPDined on 8/5/2014Elegant and modern with an outstanding view of the marina and AC skyline. Delicious seafood and steak for the landlubber. Friendly and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodVIPDined on 8/3/2014beautiful view; excellent experience;; very enjoyable dinner; would recommend the souffle (order with your meal as it takes time).Special Features:
- Wonderful CelebrationkarrieDined on 8/3/2014We are very impressed with Chart House. From the moment we entered hostesses greeted us politely and seated us immediately asking who was celebrating a birthday. Wait staff then doted on all of us and make the birthday "girl" feel very special even providing birthday menus for all guests and a candle on dessert. Seafood was very fresh and the dinner was presented beautifully and it was delicious. It was an extraordinary dinner and evening. We will return!!!Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner - Again!donnamtVIPDined on 8/3/2014As always, food, atmosphere and service were terrific! I have NEVER had a bad meal at the Chart House. Management, the staff, servers, ALL are so friendly and courteous!Special Features:
- Vacation in A.C.luv2eatDined on 8/2/2014Open Table a great tool to book a reservation. Arrived 20 min.early and asked for a window seat and was accomodated within 10 minutes. Chart House is a fine dining restaurant. Food was ok could have been better. Our party was for 2 people. Stuffed salmon a little bland and salty. Filet and stuffed shrimp asked for well done came out red inside. Service great but can be slow when busy. I would recommend Chart House for scenery and seafood. For a fine restaurant could be a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Marina Viewscpetrillo1Dined on 8/2/2014Food and Service was outstanding, could not ask for anything better. I did have a little problem when I ask for a window view and was told they were all taken. Meanwhile, a window view table was sitting empty the whole time we were eating. I ask the waiter and he told me the table was open if we wanted to move our seat. We didn't move since we already started eating but may think twice before returning to a place that just lied to me.... Not CoolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.